Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I'm sorry guys, I completely forgot I scheduled a game for today. We should still be on for tomorrow though.

I have no excuse, it totally slipped my mind. I'll make it up to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
lol

RyuHimora
Feb 22, 2009
I have been informed that the party has a lack of defender abilities. For this, I give you Theadric: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxMBEw0CHjaLTzRZdzBBQy1jcGc/view?usp=sharing

slydingdoor: You're not the only one who is addicting to making character builds :arghfist:

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

No offense that dude will get torn apart against the stuff gradenko has been throwing at us lately.

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013
I can't make tonight either, sorry. My work schedule returns to normal after this week though.

RyuHimora
Feb 22, 2009
I am kicking myself for not thinking of asking the Devas to help with the Slave pits before the fight broke out.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Sorry guys, looks like I'm being pulled into another all-nighter tonight.

I'll see you all next week. My schedule should normalize after this.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Next week, then.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Game is on for tomorrow!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Everyone can level themselves up to level 7, as Balasar, Li, and Theadric have won over the slave pits in a gladiatorial competition.

Loot to be posted at a later time.

gradenko_2000 fucked around with this message at 04:26 on May 27, 2016

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

http://orokos.com/dnd4e/sheets/7838

Leveled up Li gets another high damage power, that's an immediate reaction this time. Damage!

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Balasar can now break causality up to once per encounter, allowing an ally to get revenge for being hit before they're hit.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

:sweatdrop: Sorry I was absent folks, I totally just passed out on the couch a few hours ago and only just clawed my way back to being awake.

e: Clara is level 7. Picked up Biting Volley which lets me make two attacks that can crit on an 18-20.

Macro users don't forget to adjust your attack/damage macros up by one if you weren't already using a +2 weapon as this is an inherent bonuses level.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 06:26 on May 27, 2016

RyuHimora
Feb 22, 2009
Theadric took a total of 127 damage during that second fight.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Sorry I missed guys, I've been pretty sick-y lately and fell asleep before the game even started

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
We should be good for a game tomorrow.

Loot!

1. Everyone take 1500 GP each

2. You get a Belt of the Brawler [level 3] as a trophy from Rathos Bloodghost, the bugbear wrestler

3. You get a Helm of the Flamewarped [level 10] from Jarmaag Fireseer, the kobold mage

4. You get a Brooch of No Regrets +2 [level 8] from Tolg Longshank, the shapeshifter

5. The slave pit's gladiatorial announcer joins the party as an NPC

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

So Helm of the Flamewarped should probably go to whomever rolls the most dice with an at-will (I think that's Li, but I haven't gone and actually checked). The Belt of the Brawler will probably be disenchanted for residuum unless someone really wants the ability to count their improvised attacks as club attacks and doesn't have a better belt. And the Brooch of No Regrets +2 can go to pretty much anyone who doesn't already have a neck slot item as its power is pretty universally useful, and it'll give a +1 to defenses over what inherent bonuses give us this level. Balasar doesn't want it, as he prefers his Healer's Brooch +1.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

senrath posted:

So Helm of the Flamewarped should probably go to whomever rolls the most dice with an at-will (I think that's Li, but I haven't gone and actually checked).

I can also shrug off the self daze with my racial ability that triggers at the start of my turn. So if I use the daily for a granted attack with no monster between then and my own turn there's no drawback. So gimme.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Theadric is the only person in the group that doesn't have some kind of neck item as far as I'm aware so the Brooch is an easy give to him.

e: Post-session- Super forgot how broken as hell the ranger is, I recall it being busted but hooboy. Re-rolling Clara up as a Monk I think.

The execution axe was already Myna's thing so Clara turned to the bow but found it lacked the personal touch she craved. Having come to the conclusion she must, Clara has vowed only to murder with fist, foot, and skull from now on!

Should have a sheet up some time tomorrow after I'm done watching my nephews for the day.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jun 3, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Still filling in the actual sheet but Claramonk will be there eventually.

Stats are mostly the same as I keep picking dex/wis strikers haha.

Skillwise I'm pretty much they same.

Racewise I've swapped to the normal elf traits, the perception thing is nice but ultimately doesn't mean much in comparison to the extra accuracy I can get. It generally ends up not making a difference anyway haha, either we all smash the competition or end up somewhere solidly in the middle even without the buffs.

Feats
Unarmored Agility +2 AC
Weapon Proficiency Parrying dagger for +1 AC
Fluid Motion for +1 speed in heroic and another +1 in paragon. Brings my speed up to 8.
Crashing Tempest Style adds +2 to my Flurry of Blows.

Items
Delver's Hide Level 3-> Circlet of Second Chances- Daily reroll a save.
Longbow of Speed Level 5-> Parry Gauntlets +2 item bonus to defenses on a second wind.
Gauntlets of Blood Level 4 -> Rhythm Parrying Dagger- +1 ac and reflex in addition to the +1 from the parrying dagger
Bracers of Perfect Shot Level 3->Ki Club +1- +2 to flurry damage.
Eagle Eye Goggles Level 2-> Robe of eyes +1- Immune to blindness!
Power Jewel Level 5->Guardian's Whistle- Teleport someone within 10 to a square adjacent to me as a minor.
Amulet of Resolution Level 2- Daily save re-roll
Belt of Vigor Level 2- +1 to surge value
Acrobat's Boots Level 2- Stand as a minor
Spend 1800gp on Iron Armbands of Power Level 6- +2 to melee damage rolls

206.47 gp remaining.

Powers:
Most monk powers have two aspects to them that let me do an attack and then alter my movement in some fashion, they're pretty fun!

AW1 Fallen Needle
Attack- Single target damage that gives the target a -2 to attack me until the end of my next turn.
Move: Minor action to shift or move 3 squares.

AW2 Five Storms
Attack- Family Friendly Close burst 1 for damage.
Move- Shift 2 squares.

E1 Drunken Monkey
Attack- Damage and then a slide 1 on the target. The target also makes an MBA against an enemy of my choice with my wis mod as a bonus to the attack roll (+4).
Move- Speed+2 that ignores difficult terrain and grants me +4 against OAs taken during the movement.

D1 Spinning Leopard Maneuver
Attack: Shift speed before the attack and then attack every enemy I pass by during the movement.

U2 Cat and Mouse
Free action after hitting someone, shift 3 squares to a square adjacent to the target and gain total concealment against them until the start of my next turn.

E3 Wind through the willows
Attack- Unfriendly closeblast 3 that slows targets and forbids them from charging until the end of my next turn, I can then shift up to three squares to a square in or adjacent to the blast zone.
Move- Swap places with one adjacent creature.

D5 Water gives way
Interrupt: When an enemy hits me with a melee attack, 3d10 damage and I slide the target 2 squares and knock them prone before their attack resolves. Deals an extra d10 against charging enemies :fuckoff:. Semi-reliable even! If it misses I can use it in a future encounter.

U6 Quicksilver Motion
:shittypop: Free action to move my speed at the start or end of my turn. Encounter power!

E7 Eternal Mountain
Attack- Friendly close burst 1 that does damage and prones on a hit
Move- Shift 2

e: Not the smashiest striker in the world, but the utility afforded me via all kinds of weird movement should be a neat change.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jun 8, 2016

RyuHimora
Feb 22, 2009
So, Theadric has been performing crap since of my first session outside of being a damage sponge. He's only connected with about a quarter of attempted attacks, which is especially strange since my attack bonus is 3 above what the combat math should be expecting right now. That means it's just sucky RNG, but it's still not so fun having my combat role being limited to just tanking lots of hits. Should I just wait for the RNG to get better, or look at switching to a character that has more non-combat ability?

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

switch to ranger :v:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

I think you've mentioned that you were interested in running a controller during last session or the one prior? It doesn't look like Sinistral is still with us so the controller slot is probably open if you wanna snag that.

It looks like you're mostly dealing with Garbo RNG, but as I'm on my 4th character functionally I can certainly see the appeal in changing things up haha.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Seconding controller you'll make a lot of attack rolls because of AE and are bound to hit one of them.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
We should be good for a game tonight. See y'all

RyuHimora
Feb 22, 2009
Well after a session where Theadric wasn't rolling like garbage, he's actually more fun to play, so I'll be sticking with him for now.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
This is a reminder to myself that the group snagged a bunch of paintings (that Balasar will later restore) and also a lot of fine wine.

Go ahead and write on all your character sheets that you have a bottle of fine wine. Break out as necessary.

And what rider effect did I give Theadric again as a reward? I kinda forgot.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I think it was the ability to tack on ongoing radiant damage, but I forget how much. Damage mod maybe?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Ah right, thank you!

Let's say:

[On a hit, as a Free Action, also inflict (your level) in ongoing Radiant damage to the target.]

Myna also has a token of [as a Free Action, until the end of the encounter, all your damage inflicted is Radiant damage]. And someone has a mirror of [pop this open as a Minor Action when you want to fight in blinding light], both from helping the Deva.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
We should be good for a game tomorrow. See you all!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
We would like to try for a make-up game.

Please open this link and try to confirm if you're available at these times:
http://doodle.com/poll/iugp9wzqs4u93u6r

RyuHimora
Feb 22, 2009
Oh my god. I can't believe I forgot to come to the game again.

Can I give one or some of you my Skype so you can poke me if I don't show up?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Looks like we can do evening of Wednesday the 22nd for a make-up game, although I'm still lacking a response from Chic Trombone.

RyuHimora posted:

Email me at gradenko2000 @ gmale / PM me on SA

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I thought I submitted already, weird.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

I just had a chat with my folks and I'll actually be home from camping tomorrow earlier than I was expecting so I can likely make a game if we'd do one then. It's a day that lines up for everyone at the very least!

RyuHimora posted:

You can find me on skype under the same name.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Based on those these last two posts it looks like we can do evening of Sunday the 19th, so I will be online then.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

I am officially at home and lounging around, so I'm a-okay to play tonight! :v:

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

holy poo poo i just woke up in time to find this out.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Sorry about the length of that last combat. Go ahead and level yourselves up to 8, we can deal with what happens after the fight as a vignette at the start of the next session.

I'll see you all Thursday night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Could've gone a lot faster with all the minions dead on turn one then all the skeletons stunned on turn 2. I'm switching characters again to something with outrageous range.

• Locked thread