Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Hi, I'm the new guy. Not 100% sure what I'm going to be making, but I'll have something up within the next day or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Balasar is ready to believe in this group. And also stab things.

Still need to find a good picture, though.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Have an image and token:

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Updated Balasar's sheet (minus gold change, which isn't really relevant yet anyway). HP went up and I picked up the Impatient Strike power.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

I'll be there, barring unforeseen circumstances.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

pre:
[ ] Fri, Jan 22
[ ] Sat, Jan 23

[X] Mon, Jan 26

[X] Wed, Jan 27
I have other games on Fridays and Saturdays.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

I'm good with selling everything except the Vicious weapon.

Also I'm probably actually swapping out my Daily. Actually standing next to party members in a position where I'd want to use my current daily happens less than anticipated. I'd either pick up Foretaste of Death (Hit for damage, then Effect: Target can't flank or gain CA, grants CA (save ends), with Aftereffect: 10 psychic damage) or Recursive Emotions (Hit for damage, then Effect: Ongoing 5 Psychic (save ends). Whenever the target makes a save vs this an enemy I can see takes 3 (con mod) damage and an ally I can see heals the same.)

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Balasar has been updated. I sold my Dwarven Chain +1 (+104 gp) and bought Verve Scale Armor +1 (-840). This leaves Balasar with 477.2 GP. I'm assuming we're following the PHB1 rules for buying and selling, rather than the Essentials/Rules Compendium rules.

Also I ended up picking Foretaste of Death to be my level 1 Daily.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

That was pretty much my assumption as well. And as a benefit it cuts out the "No, you can't buy Uncommon/Rare items without a long drawn out quest" assumption that Essentials introduced and I personally dislike.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

We're keeping the puppies. Because puppies.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

So I'm trying to decide between Invitation to Defeat (close burst 5 non-damaging attack that pulls enemies towards me, weakens enemies next to me and causes them to take extra damage 1/round when they're hit. sustain minor) and Specter of Doubt (damage when the enemy attacks, save ends. each failed save lets me try to daze another enemy that's within 3 squares of the primary).

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Balasar is updated. And man, my dailies are grimly named. "Foretaste of Death" and "Invitation to Defeat".

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Started, not ended, but yeah that's fine for me.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

We ended up calling off the game, so you didn't miss anything.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

I vote Myna gets it. We should throw everything we can with an "On Bloodied" trigger on her.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

A couple of things. First, I'm planning on rebuilding Balasar to be a different Leader class. Currently leaning Bard, but not 100% set yet. I'm finally understanding the complaints people had about the PP classes not really having variety (namely that all of my non-utility encounter powers are just slightly bigger versions of my at-wills).

Second, I mentioned having your macros ask you for any bonuses/penalties as you roll. So let me give you an example of part of one of my current macros:
code:
Attack vs AC: [[1d20+11+?{Modifier|0}]]
Damage: [[1d10+5+?{Damage Modifier|0}]]
You'll note two bits there: ?{Modifier|0} and ?{Damage Modifier|0}. Roll20 interprets ?{SOMETHING} as a request for input from the user. So adding in ?{Modifier} would pop up a box with the text "Modifier" and a blank text box, and it will use the entered value anywhere you have ?{Modifier} in your macro (that's why I use two differently named ones). The "|0" tells it to default the text box to 0 instead of blank, so I can just click okay immediately if there's no modifier to add, otherwise you'd have to manually enter 0.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

So I'm still fiddling around with Bardasar. I'm mostly done, just working on gear and rituals. I've never really worked with rituals before so I don't know what ones I should be looking out for.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Balasar's new sheet.

Summary of his abilities:
Class abilities
Virtue of Cunning: If you're within 9 (5+Int+Tactician's Mail) squares of me and get missed by an attack, I can slide you 1 (1/rd)
Song of Rest: If you spend healing surges to heal during a short rest you add 4 (Cha) to the amount healed per surge

At-Wills
Staggering Note: Minor damage, push, and free MBA from an ally.
Vicious Mockery: Damage and a penalty to attack rolls.

Encounters
Dragonfear: You all know this one already.
Majestic Word: Healing surge +1d6+5 (Cha + Healer's Brooch) at this level.
Words of Friendship: +5 to next Diplomacy check
Hypnotism: Slide target, or it makes a MBA with a +4 against target of my choice. From Wizard Multiclass.
Blunder: Bigger version of Staggering Note.
Impelling Force: Big slide that must end the target next to one of my allies.
Moment of Escape: Slide an ally 4 squares.
Revitalizing Incantation: Target can spend a healing surge +1 (Healer's Brooch) and gains THP equal to their surge value.

Dailies
Stirring Shout: Allies that hit the target regain 5 (Cha + Healer's Brooch) HP.
Compulsion: On a hit repeatedly slide the target (save ends). On a miss, slide the target once.

Items
Swaps
Manifester Greatspear +1 (Level 2) to Belt of Vigor (Level 2)
Verve Scale Armor +1 (Level 4) to Healer's Brooch +1 (Level 4)
Skull Mask (Level 5) to Tactician's Ring Mail +1 (Level 5)

Keeps
Couters of Second Chances (Level 5)
Boots of Rapid Motion (Level 5)
Various mundane items

Purchases
Accurate Staff of Sleep and Charm +1 (Level 3)
Power Jewel (Level 5)
Fochlucan Bandore +1 (Level 3)
Various rituals and components

Remaining gold: 34 gp, 7 sp, 7 cp

senrath fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Apr 29, 2016

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

I'm still up for it. And I won't be as tired as I thought, since the game I normally have before hand didn't happen today.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Next week, then.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Balasar can now break causality up to once per encounter, allowing an ally to get revenge for being hit before they're hit.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

So Helm of the Flamewarped should probably go to whomever rolls the most dice with an at-will (I think that's Li, but I haven't gone and actually checked). The Belt of the Brawler will probably be disenchanted for residuum unless someone really wants the ability to count their improvised attacks as club attacks and doesn't have a better belt. And the Brooch of No Regrets +2 can go to pretty much anyone who doesn't already have a neck slot item as its power is pretty universally useful, and it'll give a +1 to defenses over what inherent bonuses give us this level. Balasar doesn't want it, as he prefers his Healer's Brooch +1.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

As for me, a work thing has come up and I won't be able to make it tonight. Sorry guys.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

I can make Wednesday, yeah.

Also I'm going to be stuck in a car most of the day on Thursday. I should still make it to the session but I might be a bit tired during it.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Hey folks, I have no voice and also have a killer sore throat so I'm gonna miss tonight's session.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Ouch. Hope things turn out alright.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

So after a long day of class and work I am completely dead. Gonna have to miss the session tonight as I'm barely staying awake right now, sorry.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

As much as I hate missing two weeks in a row, I'm not going to be available for tomorrow's game. One of my uncles died today and I'm not going to be in any real state to play.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Definitely not a good month. Take all the time you need, slydingdoor.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Balasar is now a Life Singer. He now grants any ally within 5 of him to gain +2 to skill and ability checks. His action point ability grants an ally that uses one within 5 of him for a non-attack action 1d8+Cha temp hp. Based on the party dynamic I doubt that one'll be triggered much. And the power he got this level from it lets him daze and weaken a single target, as well as give them a -Int to attacks, until the end of his next turn.

The big reason he's now a Life Singer is that at level 16 it lets him reroll any attack he misses with, as long as that attack targets Will (which is so far all of them). At 12 he'll be able to give all allies within 5 of him an extra standard action as a daily, but the action can't be used for an attack that deals damage, and at 20 he gets a Daily Close Burst 3 friendly sleep attack that also lets any ally within it spend a healing surge. Unfortunately the targets immediately wake up if attacked, so you don't get CA or get to coup de grace.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Hey folks. Currently phone posting to say that I probably won't be able to join in tomorrow. We were having a tree removed from the back yard and they accidentally cut our internet cable and Comcast won't send a technician out until Tuesday at the earliest.

Edit: We've enacted a temporary fix. Assuming it holds I'll be able to make it after all.

senrath fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Oct 5, 2016

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Aww, okay.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Hey folks, I've got a really bad headache. I've taken some medicine for it and hopefully it goes away before the game, but if I'm not there tonight that's why.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Balasar bought some gloves and how has 0.77 gp left.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

I can make it if there's a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Given that this is supposed to be the finale, that's probably a good idea.

• Locked thread