Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

What's Mabinogi Duel
A CCG (I guess people call 'em Trading Card Games now?) along the lines of Hearthstone. It has a lot of polish, and a few modes to keep you busy.

Warning: the player-to-player trading mode requires both people to be in the same location, mimicking old IR synching on your Nintendo DS. To trade remotely, one player will need to spoof their GPS, which probably takes a rooted phone. This might be a deal-breaker for some. The cat in the picture pesters you every so often for in-game trade opportunities, but it's not the same.

Resources:
Nexon's Mabinogi Duel webpage
Third party Mabinogi Duel Forum. The best feature on that site lets you register your collection ala padherder or swfarm for direct linking.

It's not quite soccer tits, but most of the female avatars and at least one of the males' breasts bounce when your critters hit them. It may turn you away, it may be a selling point.

The player selects an avatar (which can be switched around out of game) unlocked by various cheevos. These avatars have a collection of bonuses, almost all of which are double-edged but can work around your play style.

Besides the 50-scenario campaign mode, which has you piloting pre-made decks not a part of your collection, there are the following:

1. A daily quest series
2. A daily draft quest series
3. Arena modes vs AI piloting other players' decks
4. PvP arena mode that is pretty much players vs other players piloting their own decks. I don't know if there's a rope like Hearthstone, but maybe a five second pause to think will have the game nag you there's another person waiting on you. I bet it would drive Lifecoach nuts. I don't know yet if there's any consequences to doing nothing.

Goons
Aestro - Vice Zoomler Aestro
AfroSquirrel - AfroSquirrel
ajon - ajon
anisoptera - Dessert Rose
BellSA - Bell_
bubuhu - Mirror123
DavidSA - DaveWoo
Donincognito - Frogmanav2
duckfarts - duckfarts
Geektox - Geektox
Golluk - Golluk
drmaniac - DrManiac
Hilarity - Overseer07
leginnoslen - Legin Noslen
Mierenneuker - Mierenneuker
NyaaSA - Nyaa
Saim - Left
Scratchula - galahan
Shinobiwan - KamikazeJim
Siggy2021 - Siggy2021
srulz - srulz
Tadders - Tadders
TheJibo - Jibo
TryThrice - Arbitrary Number
Viersa - Vier
Ytterbite - Gentleman Baller

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Dec 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
Gameplay basics:

1. Your deck consists of up to twelve cards, and they will all be in your hand at the start of the game.
2. Your spells and creatures cost colored mana ala M:tG: Nature, Water, Gold, Light and Dark
3. You can gain levels from one to three that give you a boost to HP, mana and change your cards' effectiveness.
4. You can have up to three colors/elements in your deck, and you will start your turn the game with a small random amount in your pool. At the beginning of each turn you will receive one of each resource. Thank you to Remb for the correction.
5. Like Hearthstone, there's limited space for minions. You and your opponents get 5 slots.
6. During your turn, you can take a number of actions equal to your level
-You can discard a card to gain one mana associated with that card
-You can cast a spell or play a creature (expending the required mana to do so)
-For a HP penalty, you can return all the cards in your graveyard/discard pile to your hand-they can be played again but will cost one mana more in addition to other increases
-You can power up, gaining one random mana.
-If you're full on XP you can spend on action to level up.
5. After you've completed your available actions, your creatures will auto attack or use relevant abilities in order, from left to right. Melee creatures will attack whatever is in front of them. Ranged creatures will attack whatever their card says (most HP, least HP, most attack power)
6. After that, the turn will pass to your opponent.

In the above picture:

1. The 3 indicates each player's level
2. The larger numbers in the globes next to them are each player's health.
The red squares with the ankh indicate the number of cards in the requisite graveyard (cast spells, dead creatures, discarded cards) Some cards can interact with graveyard or are triggered by the number of cards there.
3. The white crest on top; the bottle of water, leaf and swirly black thing on the bottom: the amounts of requisite mana each player has.
4. The revive button recovers all the cards in your graveyard. It will be hidden if your graveyard is empty.
5. The charge button uses up your action in exchange for a random mana.
6. The minions on the field of battle animate when they act. The blue circles indicate they cannot attack due to "summoning sickness", paralyzing effects or abilities that prevent them from attacking at all.
7. Your hand, shown at the bottom, highlights cards that can be played and dims cards that cannot be played.

What's not shown:

Some minions can be placed on the opponents' field, from bombs that can paralyze or inflict serious damage to their entire line to paralyzing effects to just rocks that get in the way of them summoning. Keep in mind your creatures are dumb, and if you throw a bomb in front of your attacker your own minion will effectively disarm it by destroying it.

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Dec 1, 2015

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
Deck Building

Babby's First Deck or How is Deck Formed?

Not too long after making your character, you'll be able to select between two decks: a dark/gold tempo deck and light/mana other deck is. You can purchase whichever deck you didn't chose for the IAP currency but I don't recommend it. In daily quests, in the newbie arena and the rookie arena tempo is key to placing, which means most if not all the cards will be highly available.

Mana Screw

This is a term from Magic: the Gathering for when you really need the mana to cast your spells and it isn't coming. This is still a thing with this game, even though you are guaranteed one mana at the beginning of your turn, you can discard cards for guaranteed mana of that type and filtering exists. Why? Levelling.

As you gain in levels, your spells and creatures become more expensive to cast. Spells and creatures you recover from your graveyard increase that cost even more each time you recover them. Some cards are really strong at level 3, others are way overcosted for the benefit they give you. The price for these stronger cards become the investment you make into them, and with limited ways to accelerate mana late game, a board wipe can be backbreaking if you aren't holding enough resources back

While choosing additional colors for your deck offers some risk of mana screw by Charge not giving you the color you're looking for, it can mitigate it when your removal spells are a different color as your creatures, allowing you to respond to threats without eating up all the resources you were planning to use on your creature.

Mutant cards: the crazy poo poo

Years ago, Wizards of the Coast tried an experiment with a set of Magic: the Gathering called Planar Chaos. Cards long associated with one color were reprinted in a different color, based on how developers gerrymandered each school's abilities over the years.

In Mabinogi Duel, these tend to be the chase cards. Collectors go after them in Pokemon mode, and some of them are useful for gameplay.

Mutant Cards can be color-shifted to an element with a similar role and/or have +1 or -1 modifier.
-colorshifted creatures often have one less HP than the original they are based on (usually negligible)
-they cannot be played until the player is at least level two.
-a -1 mutant card means it will be played as a level lower than the player's level. This might make it weaker, but it definitely will be cheaper. Some cards, like those that copy other cards, benefit from this especially.
-a +1 mutant card means it will be played as a level higher than the player's level, which AFAIK always means level 3. Some cards are extremely efficiently costed, and being able to play them while you are still at level 2 is a great advantage

Cards locked for Arena
When you register a deck for Arena, you can modify the deck up to 12 cards. the cards in the deck assigned to that deck are locked out from trading or being used in other arena decks. You can use/trade duplicate cards.

Collection/Trading

Besides the proximity annoyance of trading with other players, there's two things to look out for

From Near Mint to Heavily played
Cards can be traded a maximum of four times. If you get your cards from the cat some of these can be used up already.
Cards have gold value
You accumulate gold currency in the game by playing it and can also set your cards on fire in exchange for it. You can pay 999 gold for a single card from a booster pack (you can check the contents of the pack before you gamble from it) or pay 150k gold for 5 gems (IAP currency) each day for a month. You can also get three reroll opportunities on a draft.

You will also pay a gold tax for trading your cards with other players, so if you plan to do so.

Additionally, the cards traded need to be approximately the same value in order for the system to allow you to trade, which might make it challenging to set new Goons up with good cards.

Players have to be at least level 7 for the Soul Link ability letting them connect to another player to trade and play
Once you reach that point, a player with a rooted phone or emulator that works will take the location of the other player and plug it into their Fake Location app. The players then enter Soul Link mode and can play matches with each other as well as trade.

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Nov 30, 2015

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...
I have been enjoying the poo poo out of this game and the only thing keeping me from buying the $10 monthly membership is that maybe I want to buy the $24 one.

Honestly once you get a deck that can handle the hardest daily challenge (not that hard) the game practically throws gems at you for small amounts of play per day.

Getting Gold in the rookie arena gets you buttloads of gems too.

You should also spend as much time as possible in the newbie arena, because getting plat in that thing gets you tons of cards and it goes away at like level 5? I didn't discover this until I was just about to pass out of it.

Also +1 cards go from levels 2-4. -1 cards go from 1-2.

Dessert Rose fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Nov 30, 2015

Golluk
Oct 22, 2008
Having some fun with this. Took me a little while to notice what they were talking about with the boob bounce. Feels a bit like hearthstones and MTG. Which is unlike MANY of the other TCG games, in that you have to actually play, and not just max out atk/def values.

In game as Golluk if anyone wants to friend up.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

As far as mobile card games go this is probably the best I played outside of hearthstone.

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

I was irritated about the stamina system, and I still sort of am, but you can play duels with friends for 1st and you get to spin that wheel after friendly matches, so it's fine.

I just do the 30st missions early in the morning or whatever to pick up those delicious gems & cards. You can spend 50st in a rookie arena, and then you're capped out for the day (I guess you can do it twice, but you need another deck that doesn't share any physical cards with the first one, and I only really have enough for one good deck)

So once you hit level 8 or so you have enough stamina that you basically never really run out.

DrManiac posted:

As far as mobile card games go this is probably the best I played outside of hearthstone.

Yeah I'm really surprised at the depth here. It seems on the surface like it's just a huge cashgrab ... but it isn't. There's a real depth here.

e: Just got my first mutant! :toot:

..it's a Servant of Water -1 :negative:

The pack that gets opened for the Advanced missions (the one that costs thirty stamina) can pull mutant cards. You get to see what's in the pack, then you get one of those cards at random for free; you can pay 6 gems for another pull from that pack, up to 24 for all four. So: try to have 24 gems around (or 19, since you get 5 for finishing that mission) because you might open something amazing.

If it turns out to be poo poo, no big deal, take your free card and walk away. You can even get lucky and pull the one card worth having on your first pull.

Dessert Rose fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Dec 1, 2015

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
A few things to add:

Even the crappiest mutant cards still have value to collectors, so you may be able to snag some desirable cards out of them if you find them. The third party site in the OP has some such collectors. Perhaps even some goons are!

When spending some of your hard-earned gems on packs, consider this: instead of buying a normal booster, you can purchase the G1+ Card Booster or either Daily Mutant Booster. The difference being, what you get out of the G1 booster is an unknown random, but you can check the contents of the G1 booster and Daily mission boosters before you pull your pack (you can also do this to the Single gold booster)

The G1+ and both Daily Mutant boosters are on a limited timer and feature a chase card in that booster: the G1 Booster changes every 24 hours while the Mutant boosters change every 2, but the Mutant boosters often repeat their "chase" card every cycle or so.

The chase card in G1+ boosters are typically higher on the rarity cycle and can have +1 (and probably -1) modifiers. The chase cards in Mutant boosters typically lower rarity and (anecdotally speaking) more oftenly drawn. However, these aren't necessarily the only desirable cards in the booster! Be sure to check the boosters if there's "enough" cards you are looking for, and you'll be less likely to be disappointed.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Color me surprised, this is an actual game and doesn't involve like feeding cards to other cards to make the same cards have bigger numbers and poo poo. Seems pretty cool so far honestly

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

goferchan posted:

Color me surprised, this is an actual game and doesn't involve like feeding cards to other cards to make the same cards have bigger numbers and poo poo. Seems pretty cool so far honestly

I was loving shocked, let me tell you.

It really looks like someone who actually loves TCGs designed it; the binder looks like an actual card binder, and the way that cards become more worn as they're traded & it actually shows in-game is great.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
Would it have been super awful to have a switch to disable the ridiculous boob jiggle?

UScr00ge
Mar 15, 2001

Really enjoying this. The production values are insane, especially compared to other TCGs on the App Store.

Remb
Feb 2, 2014

Correction to OP: You get 1 mana per color in your deck per turn . That means a 3 color deck gets 1 of each color every turn and a mono deck gets 1.

Since you can play any card in your deck that isn't in the graveyard and you can recall cards from your graveyard at any time, there is no reason to ever play a mono or two color deck aside from some cheesy gimmick involving the day of the week bonus and a specific hero power.
I don't think a well constructed deck outside of draft should ever have mana problems.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Remb posted:

Correction to OP: You get 1 mana per color in your deck per turn . That means a 3 color deck gets 1 of each color every turn and a mono deck gets 1.

Since you can play any card in your deck that isn't in the graveyard and you can recall cards from your graveyard at any time, there is no reason to ever play a mono or two color deck aside from some cheesy gimmick involving the day of the week bonus and a specific hero power.
I don't think a well constructed deck outside of draft should ever have mana problems.
I stand corrected. Let me fix it!

There seems to be an event pack going on right now for the next couple of weeks-the booster has a chance to be a normal Alraune with alternate card art. It will probably be worth something to a collector, but gameplay-wise it's the same as a typical Alraune.

For those super new to the game, she is an aggressively costed card that has respectable attack, beefy defense, and summons a minion for you (two minions if she's level 3) She's great for control or aggro as a result. I haven't tried it in arena, but a blue/green deck with her and spirits buffing the attack of all your creatures has been pretty effective.

Golluk
Oct 22, 2008

Remb posted:

And I just got enough good shadow cards to build a mono deck.

Back to the drawing board then. I must have missed it since I only just made a mono deck, and the CPU tends to spam it's charge use.

Anyone know what that ghost level is about in duels?

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

Ghost level is basically the AI level. Higher levels are smarter and start with more life.

I just went on a rampage up to 10 consecutive wins in the rookie arena. For the first time ever. However, I'll be very sad if the number of games I'm allowed to play today doesn't reset - I was on game 9 at midnight, won game 10 afterward. It reset the spinner like the day rolled over but it now says I've played 10/10 today.

I mean, if I could play another 10 today and tomorrow I would easily make Plat this arena. Which means I probably won't get to do that.

Game has a few bugs to deal with, but no way could I get 10 games in less than half an hour in any other TCG. Super fast paced.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

This game is really cool but gently caress the cat merchant lol. What a little piece of poo poo. Also I'm not sure I agree about multicolor decks being objectively superior but I don't know if I can see any compelling reason to play a monocolor deck either. Two is probably the sweet spot. If you're doing the low-cost/super aggro thing and you don't ever plan on generating resources or necessarily leveling up ASAP going 3-color might be a no-brainer, but if you've got a higher curve & you're also dependent on getting specific low-cost guys out early in the game you might be better off with just doing two. I got that mutant willowisp and 3 Alarunes and I'm trying to put together a green ramp/token deck with secondary blue buff/removal spells and it's really fun. This game is super weird and sort of has all the crazy Japanese f2p trappings you'd expect but is also pretty deep and between the story missions and the arena and drafting there's a shitload of content.

But for real gently caress the cat merchant

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

Occasionally the cat merchant offers something good (he can even offer mutant cards)

He's good for filling out your commons, too, in case you still don't have a Phantom of Wolf or something. Like me. :argh:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Oh his offers are pretty good sometimes but when I try to bargain him down a little he gets pissy and doesn't want to trade with me anymore. That's way more infuriating than when he just tries to rip you off with crap.

Btw is that gold ultimate spell that fills your side of the battlefield with dragons any good? I've opened two and it sounds dope initially but the mana cost seems really really high and I don't know how effective ramping your gold would be. I'm considering trying a gold/white deck with Thief and Caravan but that just feels really goofy and a little too all-in

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

I have never really had success with cards that cost more than 7. Then again my luck has landed me with very few mana-generating cards, so I just make do with more efficiently costed spells anyway.

A lot of the time I win before my opponent levels up to 3. One time they didn't even get out of level 1.

Bargaining the cat is best done when you don't really want the cards that he wants from you, but you also don't care too much about what he's currently offering. Then trying to get him to change up his offer is a good idea.

It's basically equivalent to a "no" though, so treat it as such.

e: my ghost got me into platinum :toot:

Dessert Rose fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Dec 1, 2015

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012
Why is no one mentioning the music? I flipped on my phone's sound while doing the missions, had it scream "drop the bass", and then go Skrillex on me. Now it's blasting me with spanish hip hop. The translations are janky as all hell, but the graphics/animations, music, and the fact that it's as fast paced as it is make this way more entertaining that it should be for some random F2P phone CCG. And it's a Nexon game that isn't strong arming me into using my credit card. What the hell?!

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
I've been having fun with this game lately I have a monochrome dark deck
A blue and white deck
Gold white deck, and a
blue deck with 18 mana green card.
I have 3 18 mana cards if I could just charge it would win me the game...

My monochrome and blue Green mana deck seems best so far.

Scenario was annoying but somewhat easy, dailies somewhat easy. I plan on building some gold for random draft because I don't think I'm quite there with my decks yet.

I've been posting on Android games as Scratchula

Quaint Quail Quilt fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Dec 1, 2015

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Someone post their username because apparently I can give someone a gift of 3000 gold right now

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

goferchan posted:

Someone post their username because apparently I can give someone a gift of 3000 gold right now

leginnoslen

Although someone else might need it more, got 3rd place in the newbie arena this morning.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Username: NyaaSA

Been playing for 2-3 days, the game is great so far. I used to play the mmo, so it's fun to see references everywhere. Blacksmith mechanic, newbie mask, group bon fire...

Remb
Feb 2, 2014

There is almost no benefit to running a 2 color deck. Your charge power is more consistent but you also effectively lose 1 mana every turn. And on top of that your card selection is limited. Gold camp is the go-to for mana conversion and ramp for high cost decks. (It also has board freeze and board clear cards)

Also don't trust the cat merchant ever. He's nicknamed 'scam cat' in some places. His trades are based on currency value, which is weighted by draft pick statistics. That means he will always try to give you bad cards. Don't be fooled by high rarity cards. The only good thing I can think of is that he supposedly gives mutant cards that aren't available any where else on extremely rare occasions.

Remb fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Dec 2, 2015

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I actually got a good deal from the cat merchant :wow:

A 3*, 2*, and 1* for 3 commons.

The 3* was holy spears which is cool because I play white

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
Updated OP with Goon igns. I have gifts I want to send out to folks. A neat one are the tickets that let you buy the prerelease G2 packs since they're not easy to get a hold of and have the potential for some unfair, broken poo poo.

I'd update the thread title with "But for real gently caress the cat merchant" if I could. Is it a matter of begging a mod?

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

DrManiac posted:

I actually got a good deal from the cat merchant :wow:

A 3*, 2*, and 1* for 3 commons.

The 3* was holy spears which is cool because I play white

I got holy spear for a Hunt and some random trash which was pretty good seeing as I had two of those and no Holy Spears.

Bell_ posted:

Updated OP with Goon igns. I have gifts I want to send out to folks. A neat one are the tickets that let you buy the prerelease G2 packs since they're not easy to get a hold of and have the potential for some unfair, broken poo poo.

I'd update the thread title with "But for real gently caress the cat merchant" if I could. Is it a matter of begging a mod?

My IGN is anisoptera if you want to put it in there.

Yeah I think you just PM a mod.

I decided to go nuts and buy the $24 monthly membership thing. Now I just have to wait for a G1+ or mutant pack worth buying...

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Bell_ posted:

A neat one are the tickets that let you buy the prerelease G2 packs since they're not easy to get a hold of and have the potential for some unfair, broken poo poo.
Thanks for this. I got Wither, judgement seat, counter summon, two hands of demon, and phantom of the hero.

Let the mind game begins. :devil:

KamikazeJim
Sep 15, 2006

oh fuck are you seeing this bomb man. ARE YOU SEEING THIS?
I've been playing since it came out, was waiting for a thread like this. My username on there is Shinobiwan.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read

Nyaa posted:

Thanks for this. I got Wither, judgement seat, counter summon, two hands of demon, and phantom of the hero.

Let the mind game begins. :devil:
Counter summon I hear is really effective, from folks that seem to have an intuition when something fat is about to be dropped.

The cards I'm trying to get from G2 are Great Harvest (one mana at all levels to give both players increasing amounts of mana) and one each of Bullshit cards Trap in the Castle and Mirror of Truth.

Trap in the Castle lies. It says it summons a trap on your battlefield. What it does is cover your battlefield in traps unless there's already a creature there. Each trap has no attack but explodes on an enemy like a goblin sapper if attacked. It's essentially a proactive Ambush spell and looks amazing for control decks

Mirror of Truth reverts every card to its "true" form. So if someone petrified your creature, it comes back. If you petrified your opponent's creature, it comes back. And if you played Magician: Juhr for 4-6 mana and only one other creature in your deck, the tiny box he would have summoned your other creature in would revert to its magnificent self.

I think tempo decks are how we slouch our way towards doing bullshit things associated with other card games.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Wow, G2 have a lot more advance playing cards. You really have to become paranoid on which spot to summon the monster and the order of your summon when this become the norm.

Counter Summon is great so far! It's easy to predict NPC when they spend a turn or two not summoning anything or when they finally can summon after clearing a field lock.

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

I really can't wait for the current arena to be over. I've got 26 wins so far, I'm easily going to end in Plat. Then I'll get three G2 boosters...

Also, Druid: Tarlach is probably my favorite card that I own. He completely regenerates when he switches forms, so he's hard to kill without targeting him. I tend to use my removal to cover him when he's about to die to a creature.

Plus those glasses :swoon:

Dessert Rose fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Dec 2, 2015

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
I'm bubuhu if anyone wants to friend up. Does this ever hit a whale wall at the higher arena levels?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

mirror123 posted:

I'm bubuhu if anyone wants to friend up. Does this ever hit a whale wall at the higher arena levels?

Probably, if I had to guess, but I don't see how they could gently caress up drafting so I'm happy as can be. I guess paying gold for more rerolls is a thing but unless the cost goes up at higher ranks or something, 100g for 3 more tries is absolutely nothing

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
At the rate I'm getting gifts to mail to folks, it might not be so bad!

Truthfully, there probably will come a point and a meta favoring decks with a higher concentration of rare cards.

I think what might be gating some people right now is availability of G2 cards, which are available in limited supply (but more ready supply to people doing well in Arena)

Mutant cards, which are more rare and desirable than their counterparts might affect things if we start seeing must-have cards that warp the meta.

The NPC trader makes available a lot of cards, though, and by using cards usually easier to acquire in Rookie arena once they are out of Newbie arena, a FTP player would over time be able to accumulate the means to take on veteran and PvP arena.

With GPS spoofing to enable player-to-player trades, whale collectors (out for every card rather than the exact cards they need for their deck) will probably be a good source for some to get staple cards that give their deck a good shot.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
Thanks for your constant gifts. I'll be rooted again and trade you later. .
I've gotten lucky so far with trades and such. Just logging in consecutively gives Loads of cards BTW.

Still don't have a magic bullet deck, but more than half is easy at this point.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs
Playing as Aestro.

I'm running a solid blue deck right now, with Mana Thief and Blue Moonlight Well feeding quickly to drop a Phantom of the Dragon, while also feeding magic missile, fire bolt, and turn to frog to contain creatures. I also had the fortune of landing a +1 Blue Skeleton, who's great early-mid game.

Also have a gold-heavy deck that uses a couple white cards to generate more gold and a few blue cards for containment, but might turn those black.

So far the cards have come quickly enough that I don't feel like paying is a necessity to do well. If anything, my main complaint is that it seems like you have to play a LOT of games in a day to really get decent rewards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
In as CampbellXL, friends are fun to have.

• Locked thread