Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Great, now i have a bargain shopping addiction. Anyone have a slime for cheap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golluk
Oct 22, 2008
So is it common to only use 2 of the same card per deck? I'm assuming due to the always available, easily resurrect-able nature?

Tossed up a few extra cards in my personal shop. Death sentence and throw bomb likely being the most useful.

Golluk fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Dec 10, 2015

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I just wanted to say that I've been playing this game since before this thread came out and that I'm still really loving terrible at it. Like so terrible that I sometimes just stop playing it for a day or two at a time because I feel so shameful.

I did manage a 14 win streak in the draft arena once though, so that was kind of cool.

If anyone wants to try playing against my "collection of rare cards I managed to get crammed into one deck" deck then hit me up some time on TheJibo.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Your personal shop is pretty much friends only if you don't buy the 10 gem thing right? couldn't it be used to trade much more easily?

[e] Oh in as drmaniac

Golluk
Oct 22, 2008

DrManiac posted:

Your personal shop is pretty much friends only if you don't buy the 10 gem thing right? couldn't it be used to trade much more easily?

Yep, I think it even mentions it as a good way to trade between friends without both being on at the same time.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

So... is it viable to...

1) Make a new account
2) Get the starter pack after tutorial
3) Friend old account
4) Price every card at min price from account #2 and sell it to #1
5) Sell one useless card back to account #2 for the total price you just paid to get back your money
6) Repeat
7) Profit?

It would certainly save myself 70 gem for the second starter pack.

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...
Even if this was a viable strategy (and I don't think it works), the starter packs do not contain cards worth the effort. Certainly they aren't worth 70 gems.

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused
If you're using cards for Rookie Arena, can you use the same cards for Veteran and PVP Arena?

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

No, they'll be locked for use in other arenas.

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused
That kinda sucks but at the same time I'm glad I don't have to juggle 6 arenas at once.

Are the coupons that you get at the end of arenas random? I got several free booster coupons from reaching platinum and was wondering if I get that every time I reach platinum.

Tadders fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Dec 11, 2015

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So is the Magic Box magician dude the new hot thing in the meta right now? Because I swear, the last 5 players I've played against all used pretty much the exact same deck with that guy.

Golluk
Oct 22, 2008
Not sure. I'm rather interested in trying out a G2 card I got this morning, Weaken summon. Toss it in your graveyard (get one white mana), next level 2 or higher creature your opponent summons comes out at lvl 1. weaken summon goes back in your hand. Not quite as good as the negate the summon completely card.

Though I'm finding these "works from graveyard" cards rather hit or miss. I'm running goblin commissioner and weaken summon. Sometimes just one triggers, sometimes both, and sometimes neither.

Golluk fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Dec 11, 2015

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Is hero Tyrone and yiroma for archer Mari a good deal?

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Dec 11, 2015

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

DrManiac posted:

Is hero Tyrone and yiroma for archer Mari a good deal?
Seem like a good deal, but if you like using Mari, maybe risk changing your card.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So, what's the best way to deal with decks that use "counter" cards? Because that poo poo is really starting to get on my nerves.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Play out something cheap you don't need to take out the counter, then play what you wanted to play.

Golluk
Oct 22, 2008

DaveWoo posted:

So, what's the best way to deal with decks that use "counter" cards? Because that poo poo is really starting to get on my nerves.

Pretty much. I'm doing much better when I watch their mana count. If they have a lot of black or white, they may have a instant kill card. I'll hold back any of my big creatures until their mana is a bit lower.

Unless your talking about the trap work from graveyard cards. In which case playing a weak card first to test the waters is your only good option.

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

Golluk posted:

Not sure. I'm rather interested in trying out a G2 card I got this morning, Weaken summon. Toss it in your graveyard (get one white mana), next level 2 or higher creature your opponent summons comes out at lvl 1. weaken summon goes back in your hand. Not quite as good as the negate the summon completely card.

Though I'm finding these "works from graveyard" cards rather hit or miss. I'm running goblin commissioner and weaken summon. Sometimes just one triggers, sometimes both, and sometimes neither.

You still have to pay the resource cost, so if you don't have enough it won't trigger. It tells you that you have to in the help menu for hidden spider, but not spells, which is dumb.

The cost depends on your current level when it's activated. I think the grave cost is only added to the card after you pull it back to your hand.

Tadders posted:

That kinda sucks but at the same time I'm glad I don't have to juggle 6 arenas at once.

Are the coupons that you get at the end of arenas random? I got several free booster coupons from reaching platinum and was wondering if I get that every time I reach platinum.

They're the same every time. On the arena screen tap the name of the ranking to see the rewards.

Golluk
Oct 22, 2008
OK. Yeah, I see it doing that now. I guess they would have been pretty OP otherwise. Just spent 4 gold to cast goblin commissioner, to get 4 gold off an 8 creature summon. So ended up just +1 gold. Weaken summon still looks fairly handy though.

Still managed to pull 10 straight wins with them in my deck though.

Golluk fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Dec 11, 2015

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I just joined as AfroSquirrel and put together a Nature/Dark/Mana deck from the starter + draws. Slime is my hero, and has carried me to Platinum in Newbie league with seven straight wins so far.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Updated OP with new names, stripped the Stash links. Not only were they underused, but this patch pretty much rendered them obsolete anyways.

So, are folks finding what they're looking for, or (outside of really rare cards like Dark Betrayal) are they hunting for other cards?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Newbie league ended right after that post and I got a Devil:Tintarka and Ghost Hunter, so it looks like Dark/Mana is a good path for me. What cards should I look for?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Bell_ posted:

So, are folks finding what they're looking for, or (outside of really rare cards like Dark Betrayal) are they hunting for other cards?
Yeah, best Alraune I found cost 10k and smile cost 5-8k. Now I am trying to make my skeleton king deck work more than just trolling people.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

AfroSquirrel posted:

Newbie league ended right after that post and I got a Devil:Tintarka and Ghost Hunter, so it looks like Dark/Mana is a good path for me. What cards should I look for?

Be aware that Devil:Tintarka can kill you since he damages rather than life drains and that with higher winstreaks the disparity in health totals makes him a liability more than anything else.

Black cards that I think are p good:

Zombie, Zombie Dragon, Skeleton Knight are all a pain to deal with. Black Knight can be a total beast. Regular Skeleton dropped out on the first turn can put people on tilt because a 4/4 is a lot deal with right off the bat and you're at the very least going to draw out a kill spell for a 1/2 resource creature.

Death Sentence is really good for removal. Mirror Combat is situationally useful as a board wipe or to sway a poor boardstate into your favor.

I can't remember the name of it off hand but I got a Gen 2 creature that kills a random enemy each turn and replaces it with a plain zombie with the same attack and health. It's rare and Gen 2 though but that thing has won me a lot of games.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
I'd consider adding vampires to this list if they didn't have a rough time with Alraune and Boar (and everyone plays the flower girl and the pig)
I still use two in a tempo deck along with two goblin bombers and damage spells.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Bell_ posted:

I'd consider adding vampires to this list if they didn't have a rough time with Alraune and Boar (and everyone plays the flower girl and the pig)
I still use two in a tempo deck along with two goblin bombers and damage spells.

Yeah he's kind of in a weird spot where most things either have too much or not enough health for him to be useful a lot of times. I wish they would boost his attack a bit to make him a bit more viable as a creature that you might want to drop in an empty slot from time to time and to help him do something with all that health he leaches off of bigger threats like Alraune.

Golluk
Oct 22, 2008
Ugh, I almost thought I had you Trythrice. I think you used surprise against me about 3 times there? I'm saddened that you essentially beat me with a 6 card deck.

My poor Red Dragon, AND Hero Tyron.

Golluk fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Dec 12, 2015

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Whelp hearthstone is too big for me phone. So I'm playing this tcg now. I'm in as shwqa .

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
Don't feel bad. He utterly schooled me before too.

I really should play you folks more. Playing against AI's making GBS threads out pigs and flowers day in and day out burns me out.

I forgot how much I hate you Goblin Archer!

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Dec 12, 2015

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

Golluk posted:

Ugh, I almost thought I had you Trythrice. I think you used surprise against me about 3 times there? I'm saddened that you essentially beat me with a 6 card deck.

My poor Red Dragon, AND Hero Tyron.
surprise attack is really strong. I'm still working on that deck. I keep trying to make control decks because removal is so nice

Golluk
Oct 22, 2008
Ghost ship... oh deer.

RIP bomb.

Golluk fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Dec 12, 2015

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I find this store system super frustrating. I just want some of the more basic cards. It is cool that I find dozens of alruane dark+1, but I just want a skeleton.

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

Yeah it could really use a search function but that would probably just be too convenient.

Golluk
Oct 22, 2008

Dessert Rose posted:

Yeah it could really use a search function but that would probably just be too convenient.

It would encourage paying for searchable storefronts though. I think I've just been spoiled by WoW type auction houses.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

What's the best use for gems for a newbie?

Golluk
Oct 22, 2008

AfroSquirrel posted:

What's the best use for gems for a newbie?

My vote would be for picking more good cards from the last daily mission, daily draft. Then for G2 boosters. But you need to fight in arena to win coupons that let you buy those.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Playing as Viersa, is there a good resource for deck building?

Vier fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Dec 12, 2015

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
No one answered me if saves get backed up in the cloud or not.
They do! Play games backs them up across phone updates and pc emulators, seems like.

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused
Getting platinum in Veteran Arena is a gigantic pain in the rear end. Alarune+1 can go suck a big fat one.

Managed to hit rank 3 in Rookie Arena, does anyone have any tips on getting first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I've changed some things and managed to get a pretty Nature/Mana good deck together:

Garden, Mana Thief, and Fairy are all easy resource drops, and Fairy in particular is even useful mid/lategame (Dodge/Resource goes up to 99% and 100% along with attack increases). Most of the time, as soon as I hit level 2 I drop Slime and Phantom for endless chaff, and then use spells to take out threats. Giant is cheap for his stats and rarely does a game last long enough to use Phantom of the Dragon.

I also like that they went through the trouble of giving absolutely every card a unique Final Hit line:

• Locked thread