Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Tagichatn posted:

I don't suppose anyone is willing to sell trap in the castle? I'm trying to replicate one of the top decks and it's the only thing I'm missing. Is there a good substitute? I'm already using holy spear and internal conflict.
Ambush is as close to a substitute as you're going to get. There's advantages and disadvantages to using both.

I can look to see if I have an extra somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Do deck types in this game hew to the usual CCG archetypes, e.g. aggro, control, etc?

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

vulturesrow posted:

Do deck types in this game hew to the usual CCG archetypes, e.g. aggro, control, etc?

They can but I'd say control is super expensive aggro is susceptible to wipes but you already knew that.

You can get trap in the castle through scenario mode but if you f*** that up good luck I just have one sorry.

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused

Tagichatn posted:

I don't suppose anyone is willing to sell trap in the castle? I'm trying to replicate one of the top decks and it's the only thing I'm missing. Is there a good substitute? I'm already using holy spear and internal conflict.
I'll put up one for base price.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Tadders posted:

I'll put up one for base price.

I picked it up, thanks! Also are you the Tadders from Rift? Your name sounds familiar.

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst
Can someone share some decks used to reach Platinum in Rookie/Xmas Arenas? There are manual match limits to both of those arenas, so seems like AI fights would play a major factor.

Unfortunately my main deck is mostly direct damage, and the AI tends to gently caress those up really badly.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Here's two I screen-capped from the previous rankings.

This had first place during the previous "week". Other top ten variations include Wolf: Perry instead of the Angel or the one that had triple Goblin Bomb Squad and a Dragon Strike. I've also seen versions with a second Alruine or a Slime to fill up the board.

Another high finisher. Shares several cards with the previous one.

The most interesting deck I've seen so far ran three Ifrit: Firora, multiple Rona and multiple Black Sheep Pan. The latter two both have the text "when sent to the grave, the grave cost doesn't go up" (also they're G3 cards). It basically keeps making GBS threads out cards. I won against it, but it definitely had me on the edge of my seat.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Dec 23, 2015

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst
Nice! Thank you very much! Anyone have a spare Alraune please? That's the only card I'm missing at the moment, and I've just burned all my gems buying Super Booster to get one. No dice.

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused
I put one up for base price.

Tagichatn posted:

I picked it up, thanks! Also are you the Tadders from Rift? Your name sounds familiar.

Yep, that's me, it's been a while.

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst
Man, you're the best! Thanks a lot!

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

I just got 4th in the rookie arena with 3x goblin bomb squad, hunt, surprise attack, alraune, 2x boar, shasha, holy spear and Tyron. You just gotta get your ten wins in a row so people are fighting a strong ghost I think

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
It's sad to see these deck get far because it's simple enough for the AI to use it well. At least they are cheap to make. :nallears:

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused
Fun fact: I will lose to Jurh decks 25% of the time in AI Arenas.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Tadders posted:

Fun fact: I will lose to Jurh decks 25% of the time in AI Arenas.

What does a standard Jurh deck look like, anyway? I know it uses Jurh, Mirror of Truth, and some big-rear end critter, but what else is in it?

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

My Jurh deck that has pretty good success in pvp:
Mana potion
Summoning commission
Book of learning
2x Phoenix feather
Mirror of truth
Surprise attack
Counter spell
Betrayal
Magician Jurh
Volcano Dragon: Barus
Sky dragon: Spira

Strategy is book it to level 2, drop jurh, mirror of truth. If they kill box, Phoenix feather. If they kill jurh, Phoenix feather and then mirror and now they have two problems. Betrayal and surprise attack to move things out of the way of your big boys, counter spell in the grave to protect from death sentences (I play sad trombone dot mp3 whenever someone tries removal on Spira and gets counter spelled and forfeits)

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Also, I think I just made an accidentally good deck because it's funny as gently caress and I'm whooping nerds with it in pvp

3x goblin gravedigger
Arrow of revenge
Magic sensing bomb
5x cursed doll
Barter
Trade Creature

Nothing more hilarious than watching opponents death sentence their own creatures to avoid taking fatal damage :getin:

Or the disappointment of someone doing abandon hope -> animate dead and getting NOTHING

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst
Interesting. So the Mirror of Truth essentially turns the box into 100% successful summon of a creature? Wow.

EDIT: Also, above deck is really awesome. I always had difficulties dealing with those dolls. A whole line of them? That would be a nightmare.

EDIT 2: Good game Nyaa. I've made 2 fatal mistakes in that game:
1. I should have just Magic Missile'd your splitting minion to ensure lethal instead of totally forgetting about its ability.
2. I should have just Magic Missile'd my petrified Skeleton instead of the petrified Archer, again to ensure lethal.
Oh well, good lesson for me. Thanks for the game :)

srulz fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Dec 23, 2015

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
I'd rather have whales chasing pretty cards than have a huge cost to entry. Also, there's a link to a site chronicling the top ten to every arena. I'll edit this post once I get to a computer

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
GG surlz, still trying to work out the early weakness of my deck. Two turns of no summon is terrible. :orks:

Golluk
Oct 22, 2008

Mierenneuker posted:

Here's two I screen-capped from the previous rankings.

This had first place during the previous "week". Other top ten variations include Wolf: Perry instead of the Angel or the one that had triple Goblin Bomb Squad and a Dragon Strike. I've also seen versions with a second Alruine or a Slime to fill up the board.

Just missing holy spear from this. Think Ballista would be a close enough alternative?

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused
I run the exact same deck except with ballista for Veteran Arena and got 7th with it so I would say do that. If you want a holy spear I can put one up in my shop.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
Mabinogi Duel Arena Results. ALL OF THEM.
edit: except for the Christmas ones

More edits: very few of the decks are extremely whaley, and the top veteran/pvp deck is relatively attainable (the pvp deck being more expensive with powerful cards that are luckily relatively common - if you get lucky with the super boosters, you could leverage your earnings for them. The cards in question being Dark Alraune +1, Thunder -1 and Blue Black Cat +1.)

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Dec 23, 2015

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Here's a link to the Christmas arena decks: http://devcat.nexon.com/duel/us/arena/view?christmas_event_arena.1.1

Thanks to Tadders, I can run the top Angel Partel deck.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
And the shitpost we read
I shamelessly copied it, too. It's doing better than my other one.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Which boosters contain trap in a castle?

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010

Vier posted:

Which boosters contain trap in a castle?

The G2 one sometimes get two in the pool, I think it's the best option.

jbitt
Dec 22, 2009

sencerly,
I need hunt really badly if anyone has an extra (also a wolf perry). I must of traded mine to the cat merchant early on or something.

:negative:

jbitt fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Dec 24, 2015

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused
If anybody needs cards or want to trade wins, join this discord channel.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

How much can I expect to pay for an Alraune ?

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused
Since it is a 3 star the lowest I can put it up for is 10k.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
How much would an Alraune +1 and an Alraune Dark +1 run, out of curiosity?

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused
Around 400k, I know some have sold for 600k.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Tadders posted:

Around 400k, I know some have sold for 600k.

Ugh I really want one. Dunno if I have enough to spring for one out of my stash...

Edit: is there a place I can check prices? Gonna start listing stuff but idk what is a good price for everything I own

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Dec 25, 2015

Jelly Omelet
Sep 2, 2011

I just started playing this a few days ago, I've mostly just been doing the daily quest and story stuff so far. As someone just starting out should I be spending my gold on the single card packs of saving up to buy from shops?

Also, are Tiger:Hextra or Ultimate:Reversal of Time any good? Hextra looks good but Ultimate just looks too expensive to ever be useful.

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused
Your money is best spent in my shop. Just hop in the discord channel and tell me what you need.

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

I'm a bit late in saying this but the mutants in the shop this round are pretty good.

Goblin chieftain +1 is the base for a pvp deck that's wrecked me multiple times. It uses Phoenix feather light (and gold) and one used gold rush light. I'm not sure what the counter is. Keeping the main one alive while killing the little ones? They all have 6 health though and they get it out when you're still lvl 1.

E: I guess counter summon or freeze summon would work
E2: also stone curse

Thunder -1, magic sensing bomb +1 and orperia -1, and mirror of truth dark are all good in pvp according to some guy's list on mabinogi duel forum.

All these mutants are in the current day's rotation.

Arbitrary Number fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Dec 25, 2015

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Tadders posted:

I cannot seem to activate this try again in the morning must be you Block and ghostery through Firefox no idea but thanks anyway hopefully this'll work in the morning.

Flanky
Jun 2, 2011
This game is cool but holy poo poo the shop is overwhelming and confusing.
Is it better generally to keep buying a limited pack in the hope of getting a rare you want, or just to buy the general 'super boosters' and save up for said rare in the shop?
Everyone has been talking up Alraune, and I saw she's a part of one of the limited boosters available now (dunno the English name, but the one with Lady Sherr), so I've just been buying those.
I haven't pulled her in like 15 packs though, and I'm starting to get a lot of duplicates of some crappy cards.

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

I came across a funny deck in veteran arena. it used tomb of the solitary man to gain dark. When it got to 15 it committed suicide by sell soul, dealing 45 damage to itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Tadders posted:

Invite expired or somesuch. I made my own if need be. Try again if you please.

• Locked thread