Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I want to get Just Cause 3 and this but now I'm forced to choose because I won't have time for both :(

Same, but I haven't finished playing JC2 and copies of JC3 aren't going anywhere for two months meanwhile this is a loving niche game under Nintendo's name, so now is the best time probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

seiferguy posted:

I'm not sure what item it was, but there were items in Bionis' interior and Prison Island that were rare drops that you couldn't trade for, and you had to collect five of them. I'm not against going out and collecting like most MMOs, but please don't leave it up to some really bad RNG.

Yeah Fossil Monkey was one of those, to the extent there was a good chance there wasn't a single one on an instance of a map

Anyway, hopefully the implementation won't be quite so frustrating this time, or at the very least they're not gating significant amounts of content

No Dignity fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Nov 30, 2015

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I can't believe Xenoblade Chronicles X comes out on Friday. Feels like I've been waiting for it for ages.

Just remember that the first teaser for this game that we didn't even know the name of was published on Jan 23, 2013. That's almost three years ago.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Sam Faust posted:

Just remember that the first teaser for this game that we didn't even know the name of was published on Jan 23, 2013. That's almost three years ago.

3 years and finally the wii-u has a real game for it.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Sam Faust posted:

I didn't even know who Hiroyuki Sawano was until I watched Kill la Kill, but ever since then I've been super hyped for his work on this game.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh Taint Reaper, you're not even trying anymore.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ImpAtom posted:

Oh Taint Reaper, you're not even trying anymore.

Every release this year has been absolute poo poo other than Xenoblade.

the year before it you just had Bayonetta 2 and Smash brothers that rose above not poo poo, but both games were over within hours

first year of the wii-u was garbage or filled with nothing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wii U's don't fear the Taint Reaper

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

I'm excited for Xenoblade Chronicles NX, coming 2019.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
I hope I can leave the little girl Linly back in the city. The wilds of an alien world are no place for a child. It's wrong to make her fight a giant crab.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Vitamin P posted:

I hope I can leave the little girl Linly back in the city. The wilds of an alien world are no place for a child. It's wrong to make her fight a giant crab.

As I understand it, the story missions have required party members and level restrictions, so she's gonna have to come along sometimes, unfortunately.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I didn't even know who Hiroyuki Sawano was until I watched Kill la Kill, but ever since then I've been super hyped for his work on this game.

Regardless of whether or not I liked the show (I'm lookin' at you Guilty Crown), all the animes where I've consciously thought to myself that I really like this soundtrack somehow all ended up being Sawano's works. So It's almost a foregone conclusion that I'll like Xenoblade X's music.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.

Vitamin P posted:

She is your party's tank, so the little girl is the one taking the giant crab claws to the face.

Can't wait for this fuckin' game rrrgh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwT-S0Fb4LM

these lyrics are amazing

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Anyone know if they still have that super heavy accuracy scaling when you are a few levels above/below an enemy?

Also in terms of classes, anyone seen if one of them has Melia's dropkick? :v:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Get this: different people like different music!

Louisgod posted:

Here's the problem with the soundtrack: It's repetitive, formulaic, and often doesn't mesh with the environment. In contrast, XB's soundtrack was organic, varied and complimentary to both the environments and situations, proving that poo poo-rear end buttrock with blazing guitars could pump you the gently caress up if used properly, or that a slow melodic piano somehow seems part of a snowy mountain that grows impossible to find cabbage on random ridges.

Sawano's music isn't necessarily bad but it would've been better if he were featured as a guest musician along with those that made tracks for XBC. The Iwata Asks with the musicians gives fantastic insight into how much a labor of love the soundtrack was and how varied each musician is. Sawano has a type and doesn't really deviate outside of it.

:agreed: on all points

I also don't like generic anime buttrock so the music in this game was never going to be my thing since that's pretty much all it is. Luckily the music doesn't necessarily make or break a game, just can make it better. FFT is one of my favorite RPG's of all time even though I find the soundtrack to be boring and repetitive. It would be nice if a game had it all thoooo

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Anyone know if they still have that super heavy accuracy scaling when you are a few levels above/below an enemy?

Don't know how it works, but I don't think it could possibly be that way again, since I hear your level is capped at 60 while enemies go much higher.

Motto fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Dec 1, 2015

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I believe one of them has the same name, but I don't know if it has the same animation.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Everyone likes Beyonce they should have gotten her to compose the soundtrack.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Sam Faust posted:

I believe one of them has the same name, but I don't know if it has the same animation.

Well as long as it's a ridiculous looking dropkick I can use to knock stuff off a high cliff, I'm in.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

If you spec right combat is fine. One streamer was destroying level 90 creatures at 60 in skells in literally seconds

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

TurnipFritter posted:

:yeah:

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Huh. Cool, I guess?

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

The Walrus posted:

Huh. Cool, I guess?

Did you select two-day shipping when you ordered? You need to do at least that to get it on release day AFAIK.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I want to get Just Cause 3 and this but now I'm forced to choose because I won't have time for both :(

If it makes you feel any better Just Cause is looking like a total mess performance wise, so maybe best to steer clear of that til it gets fixed.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

TurnipFritter posted:

You mean the 45 people that compose and write it for her?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Louisgod posted:

You mean the 45 people that compose and write it for her?

The power of friendship is a key component to JRPGs, even though the protagonist gets all the glory.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Really looking forward to this game and I have no idea when I'm going to have time to play it. Hopefully I'll at least get my 1st mech by this time next year.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYrsFWOBsAQ

ONE BY WAAAAHN
ONE BY ONE

GreenBuckanneer posted:

If you spec right combat is fine. One streamer was destroying level 90 creatures at 60 in skells in literally seconds

:ssh:Your max level is 60.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
So what's the best way to go about making it so Xenoblade music plays instead of Attack on Unicorn

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Also please do not compare TWEWY's soundtrack to XCX's

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
watching this timelapse video of the world makes me really want an open world sonic game all of a sudden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb60TSKlJqw

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Walrus posted:

watching this timelapse video of the world makes me really want an open world sonic game all of a sudden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb60TSKlJqw

It's almost as if Xenoblade was modeled after Phantasy Star.

it was

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I still haven't listened to any of the music from this game. I'd prefer to hear it for the first time while playing the game, to decide whether I like it or not.

Not going to be able to play it until next Wednesday, either way. :( Why did I gotta go out of town over release day?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Infinity Gaia posted:

:ssh:Your max level is 60.

I know that.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheKingofSprings posted:

So what's the best way to go about making it so Xenoblade music plays instead of Attack on Unicorn

Louisgod made this post better than you and it was still a lovely post, so please stop

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Dec 1, 2015

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

This is actually a pretty good track (there definitely are a few stand-out pieces) but again, his arrangements are predictable and his schtick of building up "epic" hymns by splicing them to fit the chorus gets old. Still think he'd have been a great guest musician.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Louisgod posted:

This is actually a pretty good track (there definitely are a few stand-out pieces) but again, his arrangements are predictable and his schtick of building up "epic" hymns by splicing them to fit the chorus gets old. Still think he'd have been a great guest musician.

You're not going to be hearing any of the music all that much over the screams of agony. VA's did top notch work on game over sounds.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

The Walrus posted:

Huh. Cool, I guess?

Dang how'd you manage that. I check amazon now and you can't even order the game at the moment.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Baal posted:

Louisgod made this post better than you and it was still a lovely post, so please stop

I'm asking honestly though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Me waiting for this game

• Locked thread