Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Keys from Green Man Gaming have been sent out, preloading now :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

PRELOADING

Edit:

Im gonna prep, gonna watch Die Hard 1 & 2 and any other siege esque movies i can think of tonight, gotta pre-game.. Dredd? Yeah Dredd works too!

Posting again for the new thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTyw6cq86kY

Dead Like Rev fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Nov 30, 2015

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

:bravo2:
legit love this game, its a bit wonky sometimes but even playing losing matches is great fun because the tension is always there

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
Gunna grab it at the weekend possibly, see you fuckers then!

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Did Ubisoft ever change their stupid lovely uplay to allow you to change your display name in multiplayer? That alone is the deciding factor in if I want to buy it for PC or PS4.

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

:bravo2:

DeathSandwich posted:

Did Ubisoft ever change their stupid lovely uplay to allow you to change your display name in multiplayer? That alone is the deciding factor in if I want to buy it for PC or PS4.

Doesn't look like it

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Yes someone had changed their name the other day

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I was playing last night and had an awesome moment where three breaching charges went off nearly at the same time, and then everything erupted in gunfire.

This might be the first $60 game I've bought since... gently caress, I can't even remember.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I was playing last night and had an awesome moment where three breaching charges went off nearly at the same time, and then everything erupted in gunfire.

This might be the first $60 game I've bought since... gently caress, I can't even remember.

I breaching charged, killed a dude with it and then hurled an Ash launched breaching charge through the window into the closet on Mansion killing a second dude. I shed a tear of joy before bandit put a 12 gauge into my face.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

DeathSandwich posted:

You have to do it through the Uplay website, but yes, you can now.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Dead Like Rev posted:

I breaching charged, killed a dude with it and then hurled an Ash launched breaching charge through the window into the closet on Mansion killing a second dude. I shed a tear of joy before bandit put a 12 gauge into my face.

The moment I had the realization to save Ash's grenades for internal work my kill count with them became a little stupid.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

DeathSandwich posted:

Yeah, just go to the uplay website, open your account page, and click the little gear in the top right, then click "Change your username".

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Orv posted:

The moment I had the realization to save Ash's grenades for internal work my kill count with them became a little stupid.

I...I somehow never thought of that. Oh God when do the servers go online

Orv
May 4, 2011

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

I...I somehow never thought of that. Oh God when do the servers go online

Lemme blow your mind twelve ways to Sunday; they also have a small rear explosion radius that, while not usually fatal, will down someone if they're fetched up against it. It still does this if you bury it in a reinforced panel.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Orv posted:

Lemme blow your mind twelve ways to Sunday; they also have a small rear explosion radius that, while not usually fatal, will down someone if they're fetched up against it. It still does this if you bury it in a reinforced panel.

Example, Master Bedroom on the mansion level. Idiots love to hide in that loving closet. The closet is a death trap when you bring ash, FREE KILLS. I got a buy one get 2 free deal in there once. Fire the ash grenade charge into the wall, boom, death.

Schnugaf
Mar 23, 2011

The Great Derposaurus
Heads up, they changed the release time, it's now 12 hours earlier.
So that would be midnight for the land of the free.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

My cpu maxes out when I'm ingame, but according to one of you who I played with in the beta that may have been from some core limiting thing going on? How do I unlock that for siege?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Schnugaf posted:

Heads up, they changed the release time, it's now 12 hours earlier.
So that would be midnight for the land of the free.

Damnit Schnugaf. As I read your post I thought "so, it's out now?" as I had no idea there was a different announced release time. But yeah, it's out in under 7 hours.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

ghetto wormhole posted:

Keys from Green Man Gaming have been sent out, preloading now :toot:

Can you register that gmg key on steam by any chance?

Orv
May 4, 2011

afkmacro posted:

Can you register that gmg key on steam by any chance?

GMG Ubisoft keys are always direct Uplay keys.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Orv posted:

GMG Ubisoft keys are always direct Uplay keys.

Aww drat. 😕

Schnugaf
Mar 23, 2011

The Great Derposaurus

afkmacro posted:

Aww drat. 😕

Still gotta use uplay regardless of having a steam key or not.
Sooo, doesn't really matter that much.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Schnugaf posted:

Still gotta use uplay regardless of having a steam key or not.
Sooo, doesn't really matter that much.

I know I just like to consolidate my nerd collection on steam. It's an ocd thing

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Lacedaemonius posted:

Is this a good place for the Tom Clancy games? Raven Shield, Rogue Spear, etc.
Yeah might as well talk about all of them.

Also they're giving out Rainbow Six Vegas The First to people who ordered this game on UPlay?

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

No. You just need to play Siege before Dec 14 to get Vegas.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
So tempted to get this game for PC, but drat, does it look ugly on Medium settings. It's weird, because I definitely make the recommended specs, but anything above the default Medium preset makes everything drop to 20-30 frames. :smith:

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

My PC is poo poo so I have everything on low, and resolution is under native. I don't care as long as the gameplay is fun and oh boy, fun it is.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Release times

https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faq/article/000024692

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i have a 980ti coming with a rainbow six key so ill play this like, next week at some point i guess

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Eonwe posted:

i have a 980ti coming with a rainbow six key so ill play this like, next week at some point i guess

drat that's a beast card what are you upgrading from? 1080p to 1440p 144hz?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I have a 770 which is still a pretty good card tbh

Gamesguy
Sep 7, 2010

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

Oh God when do the servers go online

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Ubisoft has confirmed exactly when team-based shooter Rainbow Six Siege's servers will go live. Writing on Twitter, Ubisoft announced that PC, Xbox One, and PS4 servers will be switched on at 12:01 AM EST on December 1.

Schnugaf
Mar 23, 2011

The Great Derposaurus
While waiting for the game to be released, I decided to just make a short montage of some of my matches in Beta.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMQngFpXosU

I'm probably gonna make a couple of these in the future as the game just seems to work really well with classical music.
My only regret now from the beta is not having shadowplay on at all times and missing a couple of good plays and breaches.

Looking forward to play this with you guys later!

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Gamertag: S1Nx81

For any goons who want to play tactilol shootmans on the bone.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Is this the thread I post in if I'm going to play this game for ps4?

If so, feel free to add me for some goon gunnin'.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I thought they promised a singleplayer in an interview? How strange.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Volt Catfish posted:

I thought they promised a singleplayer in an interview? How strange.

No? Can't ever recall a "singleplayer experience"

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Arent there some Situation things that are basically single-player T-hunt tutorials?

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
How often does Angela Bassett show up as Six in the final game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

this game unlocks on pc in 30 minutes, are you ready to siege the day?

• Locked thread