Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I think its more, Cap wants bucky to get off with all the murders(including jfk) because "he is my friend and hypnosis" and stark/government wants him either to stand trial or put a bullet in his skull. I kinda side with stark for once.

stark has almost ended the world at least a couple times

remember the killer robots? i would bring that up real loving quick if he ever tried to get preachy with me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

why isnt tony stark in jail?

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

A misanthrope posted:

remember the killer robots? i would bring that up real loving quick if he ever tried to get preachy with me

Captain America would never accidentally almost destroy the world. At worst, he would accidentally punch or kick the wrong person and then sincerely apologize and go out of his way to make it up to them.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

A misanthrope posted:

why isnt tony stark in jail?

Money.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
I enjoyed the first Captain America movie but thought it was an strange that instead of having normal credits Samuel L. Jackson showed up and poo poo all over my face. The poo got into my mouth and eyes and I did not enjoy that very much.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My favorite captain America memory was posting a pic of him wearing his suit all skintight with his taint really well defined in the weird fan art thread and people havin a big ol crywank about it :911:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

A misanthrope posted:

Yup, the superheroes would be better off if they just killed him outright.

Not to mention he's a normal human without the suit so it would be easier than trying to assassinate a grumpy Thor or Hulk.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Madcosby posted:

If Bucky and the Captain dont kiss by the end of the film (including post credits) I'm asking for a refund

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
the movie is going to be about Spiderman, Cap, and Bucky becoming roommates and running from the government. This is the first full movie that Disney can use Spiderman in, they're going to use the gently caress out of spiderman.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Agag posted:

Captain America would never accidentally almost destroy the world. At worst, he would accidentally punch or kick the wrong person and then sincerely apologize and go out of his way to make it up to them.

that captain america is a good dude. i'd even let him date my sister.

tony stark is a metal menace (is the headline i would publish if i was j. jonah jameson)

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I wish Tony and Cap would kiss

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Chris Evans is pretty dreamy

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

is this in the same universe as jessica jones and daredevil?

is there gonna be rape subtext throughout and vincent d'onofrio smashing a guys face with a car door?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

is there gonna be rape subtext throughout and vincent d'onofrio smashing a guys face with a car door?

Yes both shows have references to the Avengers

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Nirvikalpa posted:

I wish Tony and Cap would kiss

cap deserves better

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

avengers: infinity war will be 2.5 hours of thanos violently raping the hulk and the post-credits scene will surprise audiences with the reveal that his rape crisis counselor is Man-Thing

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Madcosby posted:

That trailer looked loving awesome

embrace cool comic book movies, you haters

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

etalian posted:

Yes both shows have references to the Avengers

then why are those shows good and the movies bad?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

then why are those shows good and the movies bad?

if it wasn't for fury road i'd say guardians of the galaxy was the best movie i've seen in the last 5 years

captain america 2 is also good

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

I don't think I'm ever gonna finish while in the theatre to one of these until marvel starts taking my letters casting Kevin James as cap seriously

All Creation
Sep 2, 2004

I cut you, I cut you up so bad. You gonna, you gonna wish I no cut you up so bad.
Welp, the marvel cinematic Civil War will not be even remotely like the comic book Civil War.

Bad things about that:
- The masses wont know the sadness of seeing Goliath killed by Thor (Thor clone anyway). Nor ever learn who Goliath even is for that matter.
- Spiderman's story probably wont even be addressed (who's personal struggle during the events of Civil War I found very good).
- I'm guessing it wont even remotely touch on the issues of privacy and freedom (and how quickly the masses go along with taking them away from groups after a tragic event), along with Captain America's anguish at watching the country, which he's spent his entire life defending, throw away freedom for security.

Good things about that:
- Not having to watch the cinematic version of self-righteous, mega-oval office: Sally Floyd. May she burn in hell and be forgotten for all eternity.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Wait Bucky killed JFK? Is that movie continuity of comic book? Wanna read that comic

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

All Creation posted:

Good things about that:
- Not having to watch the cinematic version of self-righteous, mega-oval office: Sally Floyd. May she burn in hell and be forgotten for all eternity.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

is this one of those loving pranks where someone puts the atlas shrugged monologue somewhere because holy poo poo those speech bubbles

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Pick posted:

is this one of those loving pranks where someone puts the atlas shrugged monologue somewhere because holy poo poo those speech bubbles

its an edit yea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Blue Raider posted:

its an edit yea

ok thanks because im not reading it

• Locked thread