Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

The past month or so I've been playing Fallout 4 and don't get me wrong it is A M A Z I N G. However, after putting in as much time as I have (over 300 hours across several characters! :cheeky: ) you start to feel like the Wasteland is a bit of a...well...just that! A Wasteland! I mean...it's fun as poo poo. But the fact that you're all alone starts to grate on oneself. :geno:

I mean..I try to talk to my companions and as much I love this game conversations with buddies leave you...a lot less to be desired. :smith:

(I should probably add that I don't get out much. Bars/Pubs etc. aren't really my "thing" to say the least. So mainly my social life is playing video games + posting on here.)

So my fellow Pimp Zoners, what games do YOU think are the best for staving off horrible loneliness?

I prefer online games because well, there are actual people! Getting lost in a masterpiece like Fallout 4 is great, but once in a while you need some human interaction. Here are a few of my picks:

- Star Wars: Battlefront - this is pretty good at keeping away the blues, lots of people about, fantastic space battles ETC. although after a few bowls of kratom it can get [i]pretty[\i] intense. :catdrugs: Like, possibly poo poo-your-pants after a particularly loud ion blast intense. Not that such a thing has happened to me. (No evidence :ninja: . ) Is it possible to get PTSD from a video game battle? If so, I think I've come pretty close. Gets tiring when your just trying to chill. :sigh:

-GTA Online- This game seems chill at first, but is mainly filled with loving neanderthalls.
It's mostly lovely dudes blasting rap music on their mics and getting into arguments with other morons about who's "tha most gangsta". :weedass: Can be kind of fun sometimes, othertimes....notsomuch (flashbacks to being bullied in highschool by "50 cent" type idiots abound. :shudder:)

-Elder Scrolls Online - Sometimes I like to just pull up a stool in Windhelm and listen to the local population. I've heard some great tales of adventure, plunder and some *epic* intense raids. Hell, there have even been ingame wedding ceremonies I've presided over. Although these days it's kinda sparsely populated, leading to yet more crushing loneliness.

-Minecraft - I cannot overstate my love for this game. It is simply awesome. :iia: It's amazing joining a server and crafting, planning, and building your ULTIMATE construction project. You can meet some really cool, intelligent folk on there too! Granted most of them are a lot younger than me (I'm 35) they are far and wide the most intelligent of the bunch when it comes to online gaming. I know of one group in particular that makes amazing Stephen Universe pixel art creations. Highly recommended game all around which has been why it's been my GOTY pick five years running. :feelsgood:

Call of Duty: DO NOT PLAY THIS. Absolute poo poo. :iiapa:

So my fellow Pimps of The Round, what say YOU? How do YOU push away the sad times?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Probably an MMO or an old FPS like Quake Live where everyone knows each other because the community is tiny.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I whip myself in the back like the albino from that tom hanks movie OP

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh, and Minecraft, on a good server, is indeed great. Try Trouble in Terrorist Town as well.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

TTT has probably the highest ratio of women playing it of any game, so if your looking for interaction with women, romantic or merely friendly, I say TTT is a great place to start.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
World of Warcraft- okay, yeah it's old, and yeah it's an MMO, but you know what? I never felt closer to a group of people than mah guildies. Tackling Naxxranas (DDR BOSS FIGHT FTW) killing Aragore, splitting up loot and treasure. God drat, that game gave me a reason to wake up at noon every day.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Be careful though. One of the last times I played TTT there was a British man who had been playing for 16 hours already and he was getting unbelievably horny talking about underage girls. It's a mixed bag in Garry's Mod.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Big shout outs to Hooflord my guild leader, Utenlok and Simpage my shaman bros, and Kickflip the monk. Miss you guys

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Got Trans blues? The newest Guitar Hero game lets you fill the FMV shoes of either a pop rock or a hard rock all-girl group, who actually respond to your performance.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Be careful though. One of the last times I played TTT there was a British man who had been playing for 16 hours already and he was getting unbelievably horny talking about underage girls. It's a mixed bag in Garry's Mod.
That's....decidedly un-PimpZone. Think I'll stick to Half Life.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Play World of Warcraft and join a goon guild. Or hell, play any game with goons.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
You could play Dungeons & Dragons or somesuch with Traditional Games goons. Or in real life,

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Two words: dota two

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

tumor looking batty posted:

NO.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The only way I could see Dota 2 or LoL or something helping is if you wanted to firmly convince yourself you can absolutely live without anyone else again, due to them all being insane villains.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Please everyone... Dota is a disease that makes you hate people, and become as evil as they are, which is what made you hate them in the first place.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

Please everyone... Dota is a disease that makes you hate people, and become as evil as they are, which is what made you hate them in the first place.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I've seen Dota/Lol turn the gentlest, most peaceful beings on God's Green Earth into horrible monsters. Myself included.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

tumor looking batty posted:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
me and my interstate friends use some screen-capture-as-a-webcam crap to share what we're playing (or random animated gifs) and shoot the poo poo over google hangout... there are probably better solutions, but we're too old and set in our ways to change

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe
Divinity: original sin is a quality co op experience

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There's a lot of indie games now that can probably help people feel not alone for a little bit. Unfortunately a lot of them are made by deranged anime people.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Like adventure games and what have you, or that game uhhh Black Closet probably is good enough to pretend your in an all girls academy for goth chicks.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Then there's games like NES Remix which you can get into the leaderboard communities for that stuff on like cyberscore.me or whatever. Or games with built in leaderboards. And heck you could get into certain miiverse communities. I remember there was one for a pixel art game where one of the communitie's most beloved contributors to the miiverse had passed away and there was a month worth of eulogies for her in the feed. Imagine if you died and hey, maybe no one in your area cares your dead but the miiverse knows and they miss you and draw fanart of you as a tribute.

Raymond Hog
Nov 28, 2013

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

The past month or so I've been playing Fallout 4 and don't get me wrong it is A M A Z I N G. However, after putting in as much time as I have (over 300 hours across several characters! :cheeky: ) you start to feel like the Wasteland is a bit of a...well...just that! A Wasteland! I mean...it's fun as poo poo. But the fact that you're all alone starts to grate on oneself. :geno:

I mean..I try to talk to my companions and as much I love this game conversations with buddies leave you...a lot less to be desired. :smith:

(I should probably add that I don't get out much. Bars/Pubs etc. aren't really my "thing" to say the least. So mainly my social life is playing video games + posting on here.)

So my fellow Pimp Zoners, what games do YOU think are the best for staving off horrible loneliness?

I prefer online games because well, there are actual people! Getting lost in a masterpiece like Fallout 4 is great, but once in a while you need some human interaction. Here are a few of my picks:

- Star Wars: Battlefront - this is pretty good at keeping away the blues, lots of people about, fantastic space battles ETC. although after a few bowls of kratom it can get [i]pretty[\i] intense. :catdrugs: Like, possibly poo poo-your-pants after a particularly loud ion blast intense. Not that such a thing has happened to me. (No evidence :ninja: . ) Is it possible to get PTSD from a video game battle? If so, I think I've come pretty close. Gets tiring when your just trying to chill. :sigh:

-GTA Online- This game seems chill at first, but is mainly filled with loving neanderthalls.
It's mostly lovely dudes blasting rap music on their mics and getting into arguments with other morons about who's "tha most gangsta". :weedass: Can be kind of fun sometimes, othertimes....notsomuch (flashbacks to being bullied in highschool by "50 cent" type idiots abound. :shudder:)

-Elder Scrolls Online - Sometimes I like to just pull up a stool in Windhelm and listen to the local population. I've heard some great tales of adventure, plunder and some *epic* intense raids. Hell, there have even been ingame wedding ceremonies I've presided over. Although these days it's kinda sparsely populated, leading to yet more crushing loneliness.

-Minecraft - I cannot overstate my love for this game. It is simply awesome. :iia: It's amazing joining a server and crafting, planning, and building your ULTIMATE construction project. You can meet some really cool, intelligent folk on there too! Granted most of them are a lot younger than me (I'm 35) they are far and wide the most intelligent of the bunch when it comes to online gaming. I know of one group in particular that makes amazing Stephen Universe pixel art creations. Highly recommended game all around which has been why it's been my GOTY pick five years running. :feelsgood:

Call of Duty: DO NOT PLAY THIS. Absolute poo poo. :iiapa:

So my fellow Pimps of The Round, what say YOU? How do YOU push away the sad times?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Wormskull posted:

There's a lot of indie games now that can probably help people feel not alone for a little bit. Unfortunately a lot of them are made by deranged anime people.
"wow! i'm still alone, but at least i'm not as alone as these basketcases!"

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
:weedass:

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

Like adventure games and what have you, or that game uhhh Black Closet probably is good enough to pretend your in an all girls academy for goth chicks.

I love games where you talk to people.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There's also the old standby of creating a reasonably thinner more handsome version of yourself and your childhood friends and crushes in The Sims (TS4 is AWESOME, BTW...).

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

There's also the old standby of creating a reasonably thinner more handsome version of yourself and your childhood friends and crushes in The Sims (TS4 is AWESOME, BTW...).

i got a bunch of nice dresses off of the sims 3 shop

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
when i play the sims 4 i create a bunch of stereotypically terrible people (usually headlined by a tuxedoed satan), place them all in a house together, sell all the doors, take my hands off the keyboard in the hope that everything goes all lord of the flies by itself, and get frustrated when they all get along and live together in perfect, beautiful harmony

maybe i should sell (or use cheats to break) one piece of furniture every night

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

torturing sims is funny once i guess...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I wish TS3 ran and looked like TS4 does since being a homeless crust punk chick who eats trash in Los Angeles, which is my spirit animal, is a thing you can do reasonably believably in TS3, but it's a chore to play that game and it's unbelievably ugly to look at.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

yeah, id much rather play 3 than the others but then some random sim youve never met gets trapped behind a chair and the game permanently runs at 2fps

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Halo

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Gears of War

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Call of Du- wait... The ffffffffuuuuuuuuu-? :dogbutton:

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Lol, at this part in particular.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
sometimes I play Shin Megami Tensei just to talk to the demons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

• Locked thread