Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I want trump to win because then the leftwing will be all about free speech again instead of trying to ban it because of hurt feels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

oh sweet he's with those kids from joy division

banme
Apr 23, 2008

proof of concept posted:

fun fact: Clinton did get impeached

fun fact that happened 10 years ago and nobody else gives a poo poo

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

fourteen hundred posted:

fun fact that happened 10 years ago and nobody else gives a poo poo

I didn't know Clinton was president in 2005, in fact, that may be news to a lot of people

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

That Robot posted:

oh sweet he's with those kids from joy division

lmao

banme
Apr 23, 2008

proof of concept posted:

I didn't know Clinton was president in 2005, in fact, that may be news to a lot of people

im spewing salt. honestly atp* i want trump to win just so i can watch this city** burn

*at this point

**country

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

fourteen hundred posted:

im spewing salt. honestly atp* i want trump to win just so i can watch this city** burn

*at this point

**country

it's starting to look pretty likely! :911:

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

proof of concept posted:

fun fact: Clinton did get impeached

In theory.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
poo poo would be so off the rails ridiculous that I can't even begin to fathom what will happen and I feel like I usually make decent predictions

the man was the host of a reality TV show

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
the honest answer is no one really knows what will happen but it will definitely be bad. however it will be bad in a way that's completely unpredictable and entertaining. because of this poli. sci. types act aghast at the prospect of him winning but deep down inside they sort of want him to win just to see the fantastic show. kind of like how people sort of wish a nuclear war or other apocalypse scenario breaks out.

anyways once it's said and done it'd probably be about on-par with the bush administration in terms of being bad. international relations would go down the toilet pretty quickly, lots of executive branches would be packed to the gills with grifters, political dialogue would be poisoned even further which would actually be fairly impressive, supreme court would swing so hard right reagan's corpse would achieve an eternal boner, fully politicizing all enforcement branches (CIA, FBI, NSA) against political opponents, etc. however if we do i don't think we as a country will have an excuse this time. the bush admin at least had that whole 'banality of evil' thing going on but there's no valid excuse for electing trump.

electing trump would be the 'sticking your dick in crazy knowing full-well you're doing it' of political elections. don't stick your dick in crazy.

Necc0 fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Dec 1, 2015

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Necc0 posted:

because of this poli. sci. types act aghast at the prospect of him winning but deep down inside they sort of want him to win just to see the fantastic show. kind of like how people sort of wish a nuclear war or other apocalypse scenario breaks out.

this describes how I feel exactly

I think if the GOP nominates him they are shooting themselves in the foot and handing the election to the Dems but if Trump wins then lmao

GastonEatTheEggs
Nov 7, 2012

If GBS 2.0 is on the move what is it's speed and direction and when will it meet up with a train going 60 miles per hour from Los Angeles to Chicago?

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

I like him even more now. Thanks.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Trump should run third party and make the debates in the general more interesting. Threesomes are always better.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

BMS posted:

I like him even more now. Thanks.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
It's going to be an amazing era

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

poo poo would be so off the rails ridiculous that I can't even begin to fathom what will happen and I feel like I usually make decent predictions

the man was the host of a reality TV show

I think there's a reasonable chance he would lead us into a nuclear war or at least a few bombs dropped, various humanitarian crises; it's not good. On the other hand though it could be fun to watch and I don't care for Hillary either, so what the hell why not. It would at least be entertaining.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
ehhh idk what's a reasonable chance? I don't think nuclear war would be very likely.

What would be more likely is some phenomenally bad foreign policy leading to ever more poo poo in the ME (I guess Israel could Samson option bc they are assholes) or an inability to mediate between Pakistan + India causing some sort of conflict.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

ehhh idk what's a reasonable chance? I don't think nuclear war would be very likely.

What would be more likely is some phenomenally bad foreign policy leading to ever more poo poo in the ME (I guess Israel could Samson option bc they are assholes) or an inability to mediate between Pakistan + India causing some sort of conflict.

My gut tells me he's just the kind of bombastic idiot that could piss people off enough to do something really crazy. Like he'd tell the Indian PM to get hosed or say something really racist. The kind of abrasiveness that's great in business but not so much in international diplomacy. It'd still be less likely to happen than not.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Necc0 posted:

political dialogue would be poisoned even further which would actually be fairly impressive

wow I hadn't even thought of this, that WOULD be impressive

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Trump: Animal, Mineral or Vegetable?

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Leroy Dennui posted:

Trump: Animal, Mineral or Vegetable?

Solid, Liquid or Gas?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

SirEvelynTremble posted:

Solid, Liquid or Gas?

Obviously he is Solidus.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
It is times like this that I'm glad I'm way older than most of you. I won't have to put up with this poo poo as long as you turds will. Assuming they all serve two terms, I have maybe 4 more presidents, tops.

Once Trump is done, the rest will just get crazier and crazier.

Enjoy the coming chaos.

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
I dont get what "Make America Great Again" means , imo America has always been great

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
All I know is I would rather have Trump vs Putin than any other candidate. Everyone realizes Russia is just sucking Frances dick so they can be eventual allies against us right?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

RadioactiveKid posted:

I dont get what "Make America Great Again" means , imo America has always been great

americas current greatness is dimished by the large number of nongreat americans. trumps gonna make america great by getting rid of the less great, creating a smaller but purer and moee great nation

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
America was great when everybody wore fedoras.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Broken Machine posted:

My gut tells me he's just the kind of bombastic idiot that could piss people off enough to do something really crazy. Like he'd tell the Indian PM to get hosed or say something really racist. The kind of abrasiveness that's great in business but not so much in international diplomacy. It'd still be less likely to happen than not.

He's still pretty much the only Republican saying he'd deal with Russia and China with words/"business deals" instead of going right into how we need a bigger army and fleet.

He still talks about how we need a bigger army, but not any time someone brings up any of the rival nuclear powers.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

SirEvelynTremble posted:

America was great when everybody wore fedoras.

So what, in like 2013?

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
A CHUMP PRESIDENT

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
I think Trump will be such a great President after his two terms are up he will go on a World Tour where other countries invite him to be President for a while. He will have a group of groupies called "Trumpers" who move from country to country with him living under never ending Trump rule.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
I want to see trump build a wall around Mexico and try hand them the bill

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I dislike Trump even more now for continuing to rant about Muslims celebrating 9/11 in NJ to the point that Chris Christie got to look halfway decent for finally sacking up and saying it wasn't true. At least Christie's approval numbers in Jersey remain abysmal

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

genesplicer posted:

It is times like this that I'm glad I'm way older than most of you. I won't have to put up with this poo poo as long as you turds will. Assuming they all serve two terms, I have maybe 4 more presidents, tops.

Once Trump is done, the rest will just get crazier and crazier.

Enjoy the coming chaos.

The worst generation.

Under Trump we ALL only have a few more presidencies left.

How old are you anyway? People around here seem to think of you as this ancient guru like dude.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Aralan posted:

I dislike Trump even more now for continuing to rant about Muslims celebrating 9/11 in NJ to the point that Chris Christie got to look halfway decent for finally sacking up and saying it wasn't true. At least Christie's approval numbers in Jersey remain abysmal

Everyone seems so presidential next to him. It's crazy

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Drunkboxer posted:

Everyone seems so presidential next to him. It's crazy

He is like "The Stick" from King of the Hill.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
It'll just be another project to him, he'll bankrupt the country and make a trillion dollars off the deal.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
Trump: The First 100 Days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Stay safe poverty ghost!

• Locked thread