Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
As I watch your DKC videos, I am tensing up with every close jump. I can feel my stomach tightening every time. Nintendo trained me well.

I played this game a ton when it came out. I don't remember it being so... unfinished. I must have been a very forgiving child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
At 4:52 in the DKCR 3-1 video: Old-School DK in the background made me smile.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
I wish I could articulate why this whole game seems really off to me. It doesn't feel like a DKC game. It's not just any one thing, but all of the little things make it seem more like a knockoff game than an official one somehow.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
Aw man, if you guys have never had lychee fruits or star fruits, then man are you missing out! They are delicious!

I believe peppers are botanically berries. That's all kinds of peppers. Not only are peppers fruits, but so are cucumbers, olives, and tomatoes!

Culinary definitions are different than botanical ones, though.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

Cartheon posted:

Star fruit is delicious? They taste like water to me.

The ones I've had tasted like some delicious juicy cross between lemon and banana when they are ripe and yellow. Not as sweet as a banana or as sour as a lemon, but a nice combo of those flavors. You can also eat them when they're unripe and green, and apparently they taste tangier like green apples, but I've never been able to get any that weren't either in the pale yellow or bright yellow stages.

Starfruit that start to brown are overripe and they lose flavor. Most American supermarkets get them in this stage, which is a shame. Maybe that's why yours taste watery?

Or are they refrigerated? They can get super watery when they're cold and they lose flavor from refrigeration. Tropical fruit and all of that.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
That N64 game looks like rear end.

Did all N64 games look that bad? I really do not remember N64 games all looking that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
I played a ton of N64 games and I know/knew they looked primitive. I knew the textures were low-res and blurry. It's just...

In other N64 games, I could still tell what was going on. I knew what was happening in Mario 64 or Shadows of the Empire. Or even in Quest 64, frankly. The graphics were poor, but there was still enough contrast and shape and some semblance of visual order for me to tell what I was looking at.

DK64 just looks so... muddy. Confusing. Busy. Half the time I don't know what is happening on-screen. I think it looks worse than those other games. Is it just because I played the others as a kid and thus I'm trained to know what I'm looking at with those games? Or have all N64 games always been super muddy and confusing, and my mind is fabricating memories?

DK64 causes me to question all reality.

• Locked thread