Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Thefluffy posted:

yeah the arc welder is primarily a carjacking tool rather than a combat weapon.

Which is a good thing to have because otherwise the game lacks a means to carjack properly, and tazing a bunch of guys to death in their APC so you can steal it is completely fitting to Crazed Bomber Simulator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Guerrilla is one of the few shooters I will always play on Easy, because it just feels right to be a crazy one-man army running around destroying buildings in running gunfights with impish glee.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Jade Star posted:

I typically record videos in pairs. I play single player, record it, get ahriman around for commentary and then after that load the game up and do a live video with him immediately after. So if you want to give advice about up coming things, i guess you're going to have to lead your shots. Like the bridge? Already taken care of in the next video already recorded by the time you guys heard me talk about it last video.

I am really looking forward to seeing how you deal with the bridge. So many fun ways to do it.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

This LP has me replaying the game again.

There is nothing more fun than taking a truck and ramping it off a ridge into a building. Nothing.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

goatface posted:

Hammer, detpacks, magic gun and rocket launcher are all you need.

I really appreciate how quickly they give you the weaponized nano-deconstructor macguffin to play with instead of locking it at the end game or something.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

But RFG does benefit immensely from being a game where you can have a free-wheeling multi-site brawl scampering from wrecked car to wrecked car and tossing guns as you go as militia and soldiers spawn to duke it out around you. Those 'Can I get away with blowing up one more structure' moments are worth it being open world, I think.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Which is another great thing about the Nano Rifle: It's really a very useful thing in a lot of situations. Precision demolition of mans, tanks, and bits of building, mining, what can't it do? It's nice to have a wonder-weapon you get relatively early and that lives up to the hype.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

YeOldeButchere posted:

At this point the Red Faction should just give Mason a mission with the objective "Kill ALL EDF soldiers." and things would sort themselves out. Mason would probably even find a way to get onboard the Hydra and back to Earth to make sure the job is done properly.

Arc Thrower, man.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Bridge's fate was beautiful.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The designers had to realize literally everyone would do that assassination that way, didn't they?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

You just need a big enough rifle.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I think the more inspiring message to the people of mars was the slow but steady stream of EDF men flying off a ridge at high velocity.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

That party got appropriately crazy and it was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Skulls AND a jagged sawblade.

• Locked thread