Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will this be the best christmas ever?
This poll is closed.
Yes! 12 4.63%
Of course yes! 15 5.79%
Waluigi 165 63.71%
I'm Guy (from Final Fight) 67 25.87%
Total: 259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CruzerZERO
May 8, 2007

Oh man, what a bummer

Heavy Lobster posted:

Reposting from the last thread:

Has anyone picked up a Steam Link yet? I have pretty good internet, but I don't think I could run an ethernet cable from the living room to the modem, and I don't want to plop down 50bux on something that sucks on wifi, let alone the first generation of that something

I've been using my Steam Link and Controller for about 2-3 weeks and it owns for couch gaming. Definitely will recommend having a really good PC + wired connection though. For the most part it'll maintain 60 FPS on modern games (MGSV, FO4) with a rare 5-10 fps drop once in a blue moon.

On an older PC (like from 6 years ago) it's pretty much unusable from the lag. I'd wager on wifi it'd be a little choppy.

Hope this helps. :)

Edit: When I was doing some research before buying I've heard people using a powerline ethernet adapter and that worked for them? Never tried it myself but that might be an option.

CruzerZERO fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Dec 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

kalstrams posted:

i wonder from which

d&d entryism is ruining this forum

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

i'm playing earthbound and it's pretty good. of course i'm also using an emulator and have the 10x fast forwards bound to the trigger on my controller, which helps with the jrpg combat

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
I hope I never meet a DoA fan.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

lol what happened

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ekster posted:

lol what happened

Their community manager in charge of their Facebook page posted some really unprofessional poo poo.

quote:

We do not bring DOAX3 to the west and won't have any plan change in the future. Thank you for asking.
Do you know many issues happening in video game industry with regard to how to treat female in video game industry? We do not want to talk those things here. But certainly we have gone through in last year or two to come to our decision. Thank you.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Just Cause 3, a new EUIV expansion, a new dwarf fortress build, some decent fallout 4 mods, and Afterbirth is still fun to play. What a great month. Truly, we are living in a pc gaming paradise.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Prop Wash posted:

Just Cause 3, a new EUIV expansion, a new dwarf fortress build, some decent fallout 4 mods, and Afterbirth is still fun to play. What a great month. Truly, we are living in a pc gaming paradise.
Console gamer briefly looking up from Mario Maker: "Huh? What? Mods? Oh, neat, good for you guys I guess."

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

icantfindaname posted:

d&d entryism is ruining this forum
This is funny, considering that Dad Chat goes for thousands of pages and ends only with Madoka Invasion.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

kalstrams posted:

This is funny, considering that Dad Chat goes for thousands of pages and ends only with Madoka Invasion.

anime entryists have already taken over SA completely, you just don't notice it anymore

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

icantfindaname posted:

anime entryists have already taken over SA completely, you just don't notice it anymore
i knew taint reaper was fan of simpsons

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

FactsAreUseless posted:

Console gamer briefly looking up from Mario Maker: "Huh? What? Mods? Oh, neat, good for you guys I guess. PLAY MY LEVELS! :byodood: "

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What the gently caress is an "entryist" and what is wrong with you people

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Looper posted:

games that don't revolve around killing stuff are pretty cool and underappreciated, in my opinion

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lightning Returns in 9 days, all.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
On the topic of Mario Maker it is always depressing how few people even bother to complete my levels on the rare occasion they get played. I'm not gonna claim my levels are brilliant and I don't do anything to promote them but knowing what's out there, they are still at the very least in the better half of the levels and they certainly are never even remotely bullshit hard.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

axleblaze posted:

On the topic of Mario Maker it is always depressing how few people even bother to complete my levels on the rare occasion they get played. I'm not gonna claim my levels are brilliant and I don't do anything to promote them but knowing what's out there, they are still at the very least in the better half of the levels and they certainly are never even remotely bullshit hard.
There's no measure of how many people actually complete the level. The completion rate is wins vs. deaths.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

this is going to end like that North Korean interview movie that sony pulled from theaters

this is a marketing ploy. KT already sold 250,000 copies to westerners.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Well from what I can tell the Xs only appear where a person last died and I often have them at the very beginning and I can still tell how many people have played my levels and which have actually completed them.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

What the gently caress is an "entryist" and what is wrong with you people
Infiltrator basically.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

kalstrams posted:

Infiltrator basically.
Who exactly do you think is infiltrating these forums?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

I wasn't using the term, I just answered your question.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

kalstrams posted:

I wasn't using the term, I just answered your question.
Oh, you're right. Your post was just next to the other guy's.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think people are paranoid that anime lovers are invading SA.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Anime is a natural thing that comes from the hearts of dreamers

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

The Taint Reaper posted:

this is going to end like that North Korean interview movie that sony pulled from theaters

this is a marketing ploy. KT already sold 250,000 copies to westerners.

I refuse to get strategized.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Golden Goat posted:

I think people are paranoid that anime lovers are invading SA.

the anime is coming from inside the buildling

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Guy on my FB figured out why they're not bringing it over: those darned SJWs are yet again getting in the way of FREE SPEECH

Ruinin' my anime titty videogame FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
If SA were a big enough site to be infiltrated then new member registration wouldn't be as poor as it is.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

There's no measure of how many people actually complete the level. The completion rate is wins vs. deaths.

If you leave it leave a level highlighted for a second it'll switch between the percentage and a flat number of wins and deaths, which is a pretty reliable indicator of completions, assuming people didn't love your level so much they cleared it multiple times

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Not really because if one person plays your stage, dies 4 times and then finishes it, it shows up as 1/5. I wish there was a better way to see like player retention or whatever, the people who saw it through to the end.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Heavy Lobster posted:

If SA were a big enough site to be infiltrated then new member registration wouldn't be as poor as it is.

it's time...we need another dangan ronpa...

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Looper posted:

it's time...we need another dangan ronpa...

Star citizen seems to fill the void atm

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

Not really because if one person plays your stage, dies 4 times and then finishes it, it shows up as 1/5. I wish there was a better way to see like player retention or whatever, the people who saw it through to the end.

If you look at the list of people that played your stage, they'll have a flag next to them if they beat it. I mean you can't see how many times someone died on your stage before beating it but you can still see who beat it and who didn't.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

axleblaze posted:

If you look at the list of people that played your stage, they'll have a flag next to them if they beat it. I mean you can't see how many times someone died on your stage before beating it but you can still see who beat it and who didn't.

post the code, i'll play your level :)

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

In Training posted:

Individual feedback per player would be nice I agree. That being said the online system could really do with an extensive overhaul in general, the new web UI sounds like a decent start so Nintendo are evidently listening to user feedback, hopefully they'll continue to expand the backend as they get to grips with supporting an online-centred game

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Hydrocodone posted:

I've never looked for a general discussion thread in games but I'm assuming this is it.

I'm stuck in an airport for the next four and a half hours and wondering just how unacceptable it is to play Surgeon Simulator while I wait. I'm guessing "very," because it's no Sniper Elite but I'm sure it would worry all these people at a glance. They're mostly Nebraskans, if that matters.

Who cares what the other people think. Play some games and make the wait go by faster.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
this christmas will be magical if YAKUZA 5 WOULD ACTUALLY loving GET RELEASED I BOUGHT IT FOUR COCKSUCKING MONTHS AGO GOD drat IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

precision posted:

this christmas will be magical if YAKUZA 5 WOULD ACTUALLY loving GET RELEASED I BOUGHT IT FOUR COCKSUCKING MONTHS AGO GOD drat IT

I paid for a Blu Ray over 2 years ago that still hasn't shipped. Relax.

• Locked thread