Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
What does Auto-organize do? The Wiki page is blank. I want to do the thing I think it's supposed to do, move/rename my files according to the metadata.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Is playback through Emby Connect/external connections a premium feature? I just got Emby set up on my new NAS at home and tried to play some music at the office and it was cutting off songs. At first I thought it was busted but then when I tunneled in over OpenVPN everything played fine.

I know the mobile apps have IAP for full playback but the web interface is gated too? I mean I'll probably shell out for the lifetime pass at some point but I thought web playback was a gimme.

Edit: They're cutting off at ~ 1:43 in, even over VPN now, but only on the first play? Skipping ahead also seems to work. No It's just that amount of time of playing the track from whatever start

Chilled Milk fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Apr 15, 2016

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Ixian posted:

They don't restrict playback like that, no. The premium features are around things like extra plugins for stuff like enhanced coverart and offline syncing for mobile devices. What you have is another problem. If you are trying this at your office it is entirely possible some IDS is detecting the stream and shutting it down, for example. Doesn't matter if "other" streams work, might be something in particular about the way this one looks.

Did you ask over on the Emby Community forums/search there? They are pretty good about looking in to this stuff, particularly if you provide logs.

We're a small company, we don't have a particularly fancy network setup, just a SOHO router + business class service. I also tried it against tethering off my phone's LTE and got the same behavior, that's why I didn't suspect connection issues.

Now I'm out and trying it on a xfinity hotspot and it's working great. I'll try it tomorrow and try to gather better data and post over there if it happens again.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Horse Clocks posted:

Really? Jesus. I ditched emby because their android TV app was awful and expected me to pay for it (conversely, plex is free and awesome).

Making your primary function annoying, that's bad poo poo.

Well, all the apps are free with premiere, and I don't have any complaints about it on my Shield. Nor with the server side stuff.

That said, they've had a known bug in the iOS app for the better part of a year where music won't advance to the next track unless the screen is on and the app is in focus. I'm guessing it's related to it being a clunky Cordova pseudo app. My habits are such that I usually do podcasts on my phone and music at my desk, or else this would really drive me up the wall. Makes it hard to recommend to others.

• Locked thread