Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Steve Alford was a bad hire.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 10 29.41%
Yes. 8 23.53%
Yes. 9 26.47%
Yes. 7 20.59%
Total: 12 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Kentucky is number one of course, with Maryland #2 with their glorious four-point win over Georgetown. Yeah, okay. Wisconsin lost to Western Illinois, NC State lost to William and Mary, and UCLA lost to Monmouth and looks bad in general. Cheick Diallo will finally get to play, Marcus Page is coming back, while Tyler Ullis is day-to-day. Ben Simmons good, LSU, not so much.

December basketball - GET EXCITED.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
And most importantly: gently caress Duke

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lots of folks saying that London Perrantes will be out for tonights UVA game at Ohio State. People are blaming appendicitis but the school hasn't said anything one way or the other yet. If it's true, I would think Darius Thompson would get the start at point, with Devon Hall getting some good minutes in backup.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Lots of folks saying that London Perrantes will be out for tonights UVA game at Ohio State. People are blaming appendicitis but the school hasn't said anything one way or the other yet. If it's true, I would think Darius Thompson would get the start at point, with Devon Hall getting some good minutes in backup.

Confirmed, had appendectomy today. Sucks but always glad when stuff like this gets caught.

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
Perrantes is confirmed as out due to an appendectomy. We're deep at guard, fortunately. Thompson or Hall is likely to start (maybe both).

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Purdue has Pitt tonight. Purdue has started the season 6-0 and is up to #11, but I expect Pitt to win.

Purdue is without the Big10 defensive player of the year and their captain, SR Raphael Davis. Purdue plays big, they start a 7'2 center, 6'9 forward and 6'8 forward. They are freshmen and sophomores though. Pitt starts seniors and grad students. Pitt also gave gonzaga a game in Okinawa before it was cancelled. This is purdue's first road game.

All in all I think pitt's experience wins this one. Either way excited for it!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You don't have to be a Kansas fan to like Cheick Diallo. :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn8hDd9xO0A

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Purdue has won 7 Big10-ACC challenge games in a row.

The last game they lost was the home game to Duke in 2008, and I was there, feeling like I had been punched in the gut.

Might be time to give Purdue another shot at Duke or UNC in Mackey. Just sayin' for next year, ya read it here first.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Kind of wondering whether UNC will jump both ISU and Kansas to #3 after beating the Terps, or if KU moves to 3rd, ISU to 4th, and UNC to 5th. That win has to give them a big bump.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Rankings so don't matter in college basketball right now. Just enjoy the ride.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Hell, I'll say it: gently caress Duke

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

vikingstrike posted:

Rankings so don't matter in college basketball right now. Just enjoy the ride.

They essentially don't matter ever. It's not like the committee bases seeding off the AP poll. Just speculating on them is all. I'm not used to seeing ISU this high.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Ohio State.....may be good at some point in the future?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

kittenmittons posted:

Ohio State.....may be good at some point in the future?

I think so. They're super young, but played their asses off last night. Their post defense was excellent, and Matta made some really good halftime adjustments that led to a ton of open looks from 3 in the second half.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The NFL power ranking doesn't matter either but there I am every week looking at it because it is fun.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Can't wait to bust out some Bacon puns during the FSU Iowa matchup tonight.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Revenge of Joey Van Zegeren

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
gently caress Duke, lol Syracuse

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Goddamn that MSU game got me hyped. Go Green, go Hoosiers???

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Henchman of Santa posted:

Goddamn that MSU game got me hyped. Go Green, go Hoosiers???

the worst possible post

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I would not have expected the Big Ten to win the Big Ten ACC challenge this year...

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

OctoberBlues posted:

I would not have expected the Big Ten to win the Big Ten ACC challenge this year...

Sadly due to a big upset by Wisconsin

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

PotatoJudge posted:

Sadly due to a big upset by Wisconsin

Yeah, but they beat Syracuse. And after the whole Bernie Fine thing and Boeheim calling the accusers liars, I hope Syracuse burns in the same firepit I would like to see Penn State in.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I've hated Syracuse since Carmello and nothing has happened in the intervening years to change my opinion. If their fans around the country resemble the ones out here that might be the biggest group of Chachs in any single fanbase.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Boy it sounds like Crean is having issues in Bloomington. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy

Mobius
Sep 26, 2000

The Great Autismo! posted:

Boy it sounds like Crean is having issues in Bloomington. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy

It's bad--really bad. I don't see any fans still supporting him. The only debate at this point is whether he should be fired mid-season or not. Personally, I'm in favor of it. He's not going to accomplish anything this year, so let's move on and see if an interim can make the team at least watchable.

The structure of the buyout means it's not as much of a factor as people make it out to be, so let's just get it over with and let the world know that the IU job is open.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I was told yesterday Crean is done. Figured it meant at the end of the year because the buyout drops considerably, didn't ask. Would be surprised if he is gone before that but these things can happen quickly

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Robert Johnson would be a great transfer pickup for Virginia if Crean gets booted.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

BIG TEN RULES NICE TRY ACC YOU WEAKLING CONFERENCE LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT SOME SAND KICKED IN YOUR FACE BY THE BIG, BAD TEN

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
How the gently caress did UCLA beat Kentucky???

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Probably Magic posted:

How the gently caress did UCLA beat Kentucky???

I guess they aren't a bad program when allowed to score more than 20 points in the first half.

How fast is Skal Labissiere's draft stock plummeting?

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Skal looked completely lost last night, and probably would have played even less had Lee not got hurt.

Really wishing Dakari had come back. I don't follow the NBA at all, is he even on a team right now?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

tadashi posted:

How fast is Skal Labissiere's draft stock plummeting?

He's only in the like 2-5 range now just because he's toolsy and it's not a very good class, but Simmons is a mile out in front of everyone else now when before a few people were pushing that Skal could challenge him.

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Skal looked completely lost last night, and probably would have played even less had Lee not got hurt.

Really wishing Dakari had come back. I don't follow the NBA at all, is he even on a team right now?

He's on the Thunder's d-league team. He's gonna have a really hard time making their actual roster.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I've been saying gently caress Duke a lot, but I must not forget to say gently caress UCLA

Scrode
Mar 6, 2002

It's about damn time...

The Great Autismo! posted:

I was told yesterday Crean is done. Figured it meant at the end of the year because the buyout drops considerably, didn't ask. Would be surprised if he is gone before that but these things can happen quickly

It's going to be a long lame duck season. What a waste. With the talent on that roster there was a lot to look forward to. If it nets a competent coach then I guess it will be worth it. I just hope it's not another 3-4 year rebuild.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
We can only hope it is a 30-40 year rebuild.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Scrode posted:

It's going to be a long lame duck season. What a waste. With the talent on that roster there was a lot to look forward to. If it nets a competent coach then I guess it will be worth it. I just hope it's not another 3-4 year rebuild.

Or you could hire someone lovely and wait two years for him to fail and then hire Brad Stevens.

edit: like UNC did with Matt Doherty / Roy Williams.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
if Stevens is going back to college someday, it won't be for the Indiana job

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

We all know the Alford/Indiana reunion will happen eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

OctoberBlues posted:

We all know the Alford/Indiana reunion will happen eventually.

Not with that contract.

• Locked thread