Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
like thinking back to high school like "oh man thats the kung fu guy who kicked me in the balls" or "of course he would be a barista" or "why did we always call him paunchy he wasnt even fat", its a good time all around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i like to see how much more successful everyone is than me and then i dont feel so bad about getting shithoused all day since im such a loving loser lol

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
0everyone i knew from highschool has pretty much become a mechanic or anything that looks like a mechanic

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
like a dick mechanic

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
As an investigator that vets potential hires for a living: don't ever use social media, it can only work against you and you'd be amazed at how many people don't get good jobs because of too many memes or dumb clubs listed on their linkedin

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

What if all I post on social media are the dankest of dank memes?

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

dad gay. so what posted:

i like to see how much more successful everyone is than me and then i dont feel so bad about getting shithoused all day since im such a loving loser lol

ah, my gay dad son

Booblord Zagats posted:

As an investigator that vets potential hires for a living: don't ever use social media, it can only work against you and you'd be amazed at how many people don't get good jobs because of too many memes or dumb clubs listed on their linkedin

on my linked in it just asked me if i did anything for charity and i said "no", and it then it asked if I had a leadership position and i said "absolutely". will this help me get hired

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Putty posted:

0everyone i knew from highschool has pretty much become a mechanic or anything that looks like a mechanic

Same, or IT "professionals".

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
So linkedin is for people who want to stalk old coworkers and facebook is for people who want to stalk old classmates?

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I get drunk and randomly friend request people. I've got directors, politicians, etc on my list. Fun to see whose in my extended network.

LinkedIn is totally useless for job hunting though.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Booblord Zagats posted:

You're actually what is called "a recruiter"

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
using linkedin makes you part of the problem, FIGHT THE REAL ENEMY

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ive never had a job id want to advertise myself having on the internet

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Call of Cholula posted:

You're actually what is called "a recruiter"

Nope, recruiters find them, then HR interviews them, then we compile a background check and give them an assessment that shows any potential issues with hiring said person

klapman posted:

on my linked in it just asked me if i did anything for charity and i said "no", and it then it asked if I had a leadership position and i said "absolutely". will this help me get hired

If it is anymore or any less than the same resume you have up on Monster then it's probably not doing you any favors

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

revmoo posted:

I get drunk and randomly friend request people. I've got directors, politicians, etc on my list. Fun to see whose in my extended network.

LinkedIn is totally useless for job hunting though.

yeah why would you get drunk and go on LinkedIn when you can just get drunk and go to parties, where being inebriated can actually literally aid you in making friends and discovering job opportunities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Cnut the Great posted:

yeah why would you get drunk and go on LinkedIn when you can just get drunk and go to parties, where being inebriated can actually literally aid you in making friends and discovering job opportunities

every time ive made a job connection at a party ive been way too drunk to remember to keep the card

• Locked thread