Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot
It's a blessed thing to be alive but consciousness is also a tyranny imposed on the self. This is why the USA government should make drugs legal.

The policy approach to drug use should be help and assistance for addicts and tolerance for non-addicts. That is to say, tolerance for the bloke who might on occasion snort a line of coke, but help and assistance for the people suffering from addiction. The drug war should be abolished in its entirity.

We can change the world SA forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Users are losers, op.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

starry skies above posted:

It's a blessed thing to be alive but consciousness is also a tyranny imposed on the self. This is why the USA government should make drugs legal.

The policy approach to drug use should be help and assistance for addicts and tolerance for non-addicts. That is to say, tolerance for the bloke who might on occasion snort a line of coke, but help and assistance for the people suffering from addiction. The drug war should be abolished in its entirity.

We can change the world SA forums
your avatar looks familiar

who is it

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

nature is obscenity

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Users are losers, op.

So called "non-users" are probably getting their highs from natural things like being a manager/boss (having power of others is pleasurable) or having wealth/status (being perceived as better than others and having high status provides a natural high.)

As inequality increases in the USA with no signs of it abating, the government should allow the masses to partake of drugs as an antidote to the psychic stresses wrought by social and economic inequality.

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot

symbolic posted:

your avatar looks familiar

who is it

Francisco Lachowski, the most beautiful man alive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francisco_Lachowski

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Francisco Lachowski, the most beautiful man alive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francisco_Lachowski
huh

i thought it was that Shawn Mendes fuckboy at first

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
youre retarded op

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Users are losers, op.

Who could never be a bad enough dude to rescue President Ronnie.

So yeah, we all should've gotten high and let the ninjas have him.

banme
Apr 23, 2008
ending the war on drugs will not solve the worlds problem. I like the idea of consciousness being a 'self imposed' prison, of sorts, but drugs are not the only thing that can break you free of that so please do not tell people they need to take drugs to better themselves tia

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot

fourteen hundred posted:

ending the war on drugs will not solve the worlds problem. I like the idea of consciousness being a 'self imposed' prison, of sorts, but drugs are not the only thing that can break you free of that so please do not tell people they need to take drugs to better themselves tia

It is this sort of pathetic stance that has prolonged the War on Drugs because it justifies the moral outrage which is the cornerstone of that project.

The usage of mind altering substances is not a bad thing. Yes, it can certainly be abused to a destructive extent, but the availability of such products for those who would responsibly use them should be a human right, for people have always sought a way to escape the self and the prison of consciousness.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

the only prisons are gravity wells

banme
Apr 23, 2008

It is this sort of pathetic stance that has prolonged the War on Drugs because it justifies the moral outrage which is the cornerstone of that project.

The usage of mind altering substances is not a bad thing. Yes, it can certainly be abused to a destructive extent, but the availability of such products for those who would responsibly use them should be a human right, for people have always sought a way to escape the self and the prison of consciousness.

you are arguing with me about ending the war on drugs which I agree with. all i'm saying is that doing drugs is not the only way to free your mind

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot

fourteen hundred posted:

you are arguing with me about ending the war which I agree with. all i'm saying is that doing drugs is not the only way to free your mind

Oh yes Mr. Fourteen Hundred, tell me how else I could free my mind. Should I read Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance? *rolls eyes*

(ps I only drink alcohol and enjoy bud occasionally and am too chickenshit to gently caress with anything else.)

banme
Apr 23, 2008

Oh yes Mr. Fourteen Hundred, tell me how else I could free my mind. Should I read Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance? *rolls eyes*

(ps I only drink alcohol and enjoy bud occasionally and am too chickenshit to gently caress with anything else.)

dk wtf you're on about

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

The tranny of conciousness

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Drugs just make the prison more spacious, which is good and I endorse this idea fully.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's fine to experience the human condition naturally, from inward beginning as a child. It is when the mind is first able to glimpse the entirety of it from the outside now but without the ability to escape it that consciousness becomes a prison compared to it's formative - primitive state.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I fight against it with really lovely posts personally

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

hey guys remember last week when OP was threatening to call the cops on his brother for drinking every two weeks?

keep ur trolling straight son

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Consciousness is ok, hyperconsciousness is what really gets you.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

the ladyboy of conciousmess

ehhhhhhnnnnnn
Jun 3, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
😁🐲🐍:coolfish::mrgw:

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

It's a blessed thing to be alive but consciousness is also a tyranny imposed on the self.

It's not the consciousness that's the tyranny, it's your brain-as-thinking-organ/id.

Go ahead, turn off your thought stream. I'll wait.

No luck? That's because you're not any more in control of it than your digestion or circulation.

Disassociate yourself with the idea that you are your thoughts and the tyranny subsides.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I need some benzos im in agony. I went to the doctor and said id been having a panic attack for like 2 days and she told me to ease up on alcohol and sent me to get a blood test.

Aaaaaaaa

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Im gonna start hitting up every old lady at work for a valium or two

naem
May 29, 2011

Just drink a dang beer opee

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I licked up all the dust and dirt in the part of my car i keep benzos to get a few crumbs

Vulture
Aug 7, 2012

wait you're that weird guy who wants to get his brother arrested and lives w/ your mom. hey you dont have to let conciousness be tyranny. get better.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Just say no!

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
I thought this was about trannies. When it wasn't, I didn't read the OP.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

do more drugs imho. but like good ones, gently caress coke. get ur hands on some ketamine or heroin

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

OP they just sort of did this in Mexico

http://extract.suntimes.com/news/10/153/8202/former-mexican-president-says-the-country-will-legalize-all-drugs-within-decade/

The Mexican Supreme Court found smoking weed to be a human right, and it paves the way for them legalizing everything. I think people will have issues being responsible with legal hard drugs, but it's probably better than cartel violence and such. At least people will be doing clean drugs and not overdosing or wrecking their bodies as much.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
Last season was a strange one in my garden, notable not only for the unseasonably cool and wet weather - the talk of gardeners all for its climate of paranoia. One flower was the cause: a tall, breathtaking poppy, with silky scarlet petals and a black heart, the growing of which, I discovered rather too late, is a felony under state and federal law. Actually, it's not quite as simple as that. My poppies were, or became, felonious; another gardener's might or might not be. The legality of growing opium poppies (whose seeds are sold under many names, including the breadseed poppy, Papaver paeoniflorum, and, most significantly, Papaver somniferum) is a tangled issue, turning on questions of nomenclature and epistemology that it took me the better part of the summer to sort out. But before I try to explain, let me offer a friendly warning to any gardeners who might wish to continue growing this spectacular annual: the less you know about it, the better off you are, in legal if not horticultural terms. Because whether or not the opium poppies in your garden are illicit depends not on what you do, or even intend to do, with them but very simply on what you know about them. Hence my warning: if you have any desire to grow opium poppies, you would be wise to stop reading right now.

As for me, I'm afraid that, at least in the eyes of the law, I'm already lost, having now tasted of the forbidden fruit of poppy knowledge. Indeed, the more I learned about poppies, the guiltier my poppies became -

CuRvY G0oNeTTe
Oct 30, 2015

by Lowtax
Lipstick Apathy

Isaac posted:

I need some benzos im in agony. I went to the doctor and said id been having a panic attack for like 2 days and she told me to ease up on alcohol and sent me to get a blood test.

Aaaaaaaa

BAN 10/21/15 03:46am Isaac Making threats that get federal attention.

lmao

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
The tympany of couscous.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

CuRvY G0oNeTTe posted:

BAN 10/21/15 03:46am Isaac Making threats that get federal attention.

lmao

:madmax:

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Zahgaegun posted:

It's not the consciousness that's the tyranny, it's your brain-as-thinking-organ/id.

Disassociate yourself with the idea that you are your thoughts and the tyranny subsides.

what's the alternative?

full disclosure im a sarte mark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i think everyone should be allowed to do whatever we want until we all realize that the thin layer of false security has been washed away with the blood of our fellow countrymen and then we must make a choice. who lives? who dies? i choose logic, OP! for me and my family i think we will hole up in an old miners cabin i have staked out in the san jauns. there is a dairy queen / brazier franchise there where we can secure rations for the long cold winter that is approaching.

• Locked thread