Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

This poo poo's like a miracle food. Like, shove a piter in there and you've got a nice sandwich if you throw on some Spam. Or just dip your piter bread in the hummus box thing.

It's pretty good, is what I'm saying. You should give it a try.

I don't know what this fancy poo poo on top of this hummus is but it looks like it'll make it a tasty hummus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Grand Prize Winner posted:

This poo poo's like a miracle food. Like, shove a piter in there and you've got a nice sandwich if you throw on some Spam. Or just dip your piter bread in the hummus box thing.

I don't know what this fancy poo poo on top of this hummus is but it looks like it'll make it a tasty hummus.

holy fuckshit, is that lemon-infused olive oil on top??? :swoon:

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

Truth is, it is also very easy to make at home in great quantities and is full of protein and slow digesting carbs. I eat a can of garbanzo beans daily because it's easier but same idea. Basically start eating garbanzo beans today.

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
idk, seems like the kind of tapas hamas would like.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Toadstrieb posted:

Truth is, it is also very easy to make at home in great quantities and is full of protein and slow digesting carbs. I eat a can of garbanzo beans daily because it's easier but same idea. Basically start eating garbanzo beans today.

i buy my hummus from the store like a scrub :(

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Gimmie dat. :yum:

Can confirm that hummus owns.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Toadstrieb posted:

Is this tapas

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I like to cook sausages and dip them in hummus, nice 4500 calorie meal

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I always wanted to get a food truck and serve different kinds of falafel and I would call it the falafel house.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.

Toadstrieb posted:

Easy to make, pain in the rear end to clean the food processor.

Also beans aren't good for athletics, hard to metabolize or whatever.

What I'm trying to say is baba ganoush is superior.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
baba ganoush > hummus

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkBGS_M1HVQ

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

wide stance posted:

baba ganoush > hummus

:gay:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

wide stance posted:

baba ganoush > hummus

hmmm. take it to the tapas thread, OP

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Other Barry posted:

idk, seems like the kind of tapas hamas would like.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
hummus is really good I usually mix some sriracha in and eat it with tortilla chips

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Some goon recommended using hummus in sandwiches instead of mayonnaise. It was the first and last time a goon's advice actually improved my life.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

a can of chickpeas is like 59 cents but the same amount of hummus is 4.99 because it comes with a handful of pita chips

i feel like someone is stupid and someone is smart here and the answer is the smart people are the owners of the hummus factories and the stupid people are the white folks who buy the product

hummus is a really good food though its just cool to see white ppl get owned financially

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

WitchFetish posted:

Some goon recommended using hummus in sandwiches instead of mayonnaise. It was the first and last time a goon's advice actually improved my life.

turkey, avocado, pepperjack and hummus is one of the greatest sandwiches of all time

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

It looks like an infant's throw up, tastes like it too.

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot

WitchFetish posted:

:)

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
First Obama lets the Syrians in, next thing you know they're teaching kids about hummus. This country's goin down the shitter.

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot
Today I bought two of these from Trader Joe's:

It's $3 and and quite delicious. My go to grocery store hummus.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Its the same reason why precut veggies are marked up like 3x the price of whole ones. People are lazy.

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot
The problem with hummus is that it's called "hummus." They should give it a more American name, like "Uncle Jack's Spread N Dip."

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Yeah I like it but why is it so expensive

It's mostly chickpeas that's like a stillborn bean

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If ya don't like hummus your a dummass.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

i have a pretentious friend that worked in an israeli restaurant in LA for a couple years and now will only pronounce hummus hooo-mas. he's not even middle eastern, he's a fat alcoholic native american, gently caress that guy

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
Best thing ever to come out of the Middle East.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Tom Gorman posted:

a can of chickpeas is like 59 cents but the same amount of hummus is 4.99 because it comes with a handful of pita chips

i feel like someone is stupid and someone is smart here and the answer is the smart people are the owners of the hummus factories and the stupid people are the white folks who buy the product

hummus is a really good food though its just cool to see white ppl get owned financially

The jar of tahini is like eight bucks though.

Costco has like a sixteen pack of single serve Sabras I get that and ramjam green onions and roast chicken in it.

raton fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Dec 2, 2015

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Sheep-Goats posted:

The jar of tahini is like eight bucks though.

yeah but you dont put the whole jar of tahini in at once, cmon

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

the great deceiver posted:

yeah but you dont put the whole jar of tahini in at once, cmon

Yeah but you don't put in two drops of it either, plus it's always a bitch to stir up. It's like a dollars worth of chick peas and a dollars worth of tahini and like a quarter in garlic to make 3.50 worth of hummus, plus you gotta clean out the loving food processor, I think I can spare the 1.50.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Wanna be a chick peas pro learn to make channa masala like me. Like two dozen servings is maybe three bucks in dried peas and spices and onions and a little can of tomatoes.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Sheep-Goats posted:

Wanna be a chick peas pro learn to make channa masala like me. Like two dozen servings is maybe three bucks in dried peas and spices and onions and a little can of tomatoes.
If it doesn't have Lipton Instant ONion soup mix it's not a true goon recipe.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

If you make it yourself from just chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice and spices, without dumping shitloads of oil and salt in it, it's a legit food you can eat as a whole meal.
Like, just a big bowl of it you eat with a spoon.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
hummus means chickpea in arabic i think

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

starry skies above posted:

Today I bought two of these from Trader Joe's:

It's $3 and and quite delicious. My go to grocery store hummus.

TJ makes great hummus. I love their garlic roasted.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Spread the World

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
never heard of it, OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I work down the street from the hummus factory. Fuckin noisy place.

• Locked thread