Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
So I hear a lot about cultural appropriation. I think I'd like to appropriate a culture, any recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
dental hygienist

Arkon
Dec 13, 2011

by zen death robot

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Well don't bother appropriating Native American culture because it sucks.

That goes double for Aboriginal Australians.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

dad gay. so what posted:

dental hygienist

Oh man, I'm totally going to stuff poo poo in peoples mouths then ask them about their careers now.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Appropriate Amish culture and stop posting.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
veterinary technician

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Applewhite posted:

On the other hand we've nearly killed all the Native Americans so there's hardly anyone to offend

Admiral_eX_laX
Jul 8, 2009

Historically Inaccurate
Taco Truck

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Dr Cheeto posted:

On the other hand we've nearly killed all the Native Americans so there's hardly anyone to offend

Census data says about 5 million native Americans and 5 million Jews in the US. There's regional concentrations of each ethnic group.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Dr Cheeto posted:

That's a good point. We just have to wait out the last few stragglers.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Vikings

Edit: Or is "Norse" the PC term?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

white people culture

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
luthier apprentice

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTAXYng_OWU

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
yogurt

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
millennials

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Professor Shark posted:

Vikings

Edit: Or is "Norse" the PC term?
I appropriated a Nordic bread recipes last night

or as i now call it

trumptutelagebrót :smug:

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Chalcolithic "Corded Ware" Culture

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

the trump tutelage posted:

I appropriated a Nordic bread recipes last night

or as i now call it

trumptutelagebrót :smug:

Have you gone insane yet?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Not the middle east. Steal their food though.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
diesel mechanic

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Applewhite posted:

aztec culture would like a word with you

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
racists

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Pick up Jade empire for free on origin and appropriate asian culture

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

I already post on GBS.

Kindergarten Camp
Nov 27, 2015

movie buff couch potato

It's a sub culture of couch potato.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
chinese for food and guilt free racism

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Applewhite posted:

That's a good point. We just have to wait out the last few stragglers.

But they normally don;t take offense to much, its the white people claiming to be their mouth pieces that do.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Applewhite posted:

The various Native American cultures supported same sex marriage, terraformed most of the continental US so that it could sustain a life style where you only had to work two to four hours a day and holds the world record for most hipsters buried up to their necks and eaten alive by ants.

Booblord Zagats posted:

But they normally don;t take offense to much, its the white people claiming to be their mouth pieces that do.

Most like it when people take an interest in their culture, the racist representations in sports teams aren't cool though.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

The various Native American cultures supported same sex marriage, terraformed most of the continental US so that it could sustain a life style where you only had to work two to four hours a day and holds the world record for most hipsters buried up to their necks and eaten alive by ants.

Most like it when people take an interest in their culture, the racist representations in sports teams aren't cool though.

All the natives I know here in AZ don't give a poo poo about the Chiefs, Braves, Redskins or Indians. That said they're all Navajo or Apache so none of the teepee/tomahawk stereotypes really match up well to them and they tend to see Eastern and Northwestern tribes as a bunch of pussies who just cowtowed and didn't actually bother to fight back

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
bathysphere operator

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Booblord Zagats posted:

All the natives I know here in AZ don't give a poo poo about the Chiefs, Braves, Redskins or Indians. That said they're all Navajo or Apache so none of the teepee/tomahawk stereotypes really match up well to them and they tend to see Eastern and Northwestern tribes as a bunch of pussies who just cowtowed and didn't actually bother to fight back

I'm just happy Ohio is crying over Denali getting its name back.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I'm just happy Ohio is crying over Denali getting its name back.

Also, are you an Aleut? If so, sorry about having to deal with middle-upper class Alaskans, they seem to be the loving worst

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
The teepee in my yard has a wolf emblem on it, and I wear furs in winter and walk barefoot, listen to ambient Cheyenne chanting set to dub and take peyote when I go to a smoke lodge.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Assyrian culture, circa 650 B.C.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i think we should appropriate ancient Athenian culture, and assign all public offices by lottery. also we should be able to vote to banish people

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
c.b. radio repairman

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
Roman Catholocism.

Wear a cassock out to the club, eat fish on Friday "ironically".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Also, are you an Aleut? If so, sorry about having to deal with middle-upper class Alaskans, they seem to be the loving worst

I'm a member of the tribe and I'll be a tribal elder but I look white as hell so I don't get discriminated against. White folks drop their guard about being racist around me a lot, I find people in the lower 48 to be more racist against Natives, old guys bitching about not being allowed into sweat lodges like it's a crime. Lower 48 tribes got such a raw deal it's ridiculous, getting conquered by Americans sucks rear end.

• Locked thread