Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

GMArcturus posted:

Also, I wouldn't want to skip Taris if I were you. The K1RP adds some cool new things things to Taris and it doesn't take all that long to reach them if you play the game as I normally do with skipping all of the dialogue.
Hmh, fair enough. I just figured that Taris + more content that makes that part of the game even longer is a recipe for something terrible.

For some reason, I'm now feeling like I want to LP this game myself, maybe start an SSLP as a female character. I'm sure I'll get over that feeling once I'm halfway through Taris and/or remember just how much work an SSLP requires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Did you ever beat Canary Mary? No! I haven't even PLAYED Bioshock Infinite!

Torrannor posted:

Keep Kaidan Carth. There's also no special need to make his life miserable, since it's already pretty lovely without your intervention.

I saw that strikethrough. At least the VA did a slightly better job as Kaidan than Carth but then again that may be just down to voice direction.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

GMArcturus posted:

I saw that strikethrough. At least the VA did a slightly better job as Kaidan than Carth but then again that may be just down to voice direction.

Whose kaidan? Also, what could have been cut from the first level? I know the announcer, but its the first level made!

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Silegna posted:

Whose kaidan? Also, what could have been cut from the first level? I know the announcer, but its the first level made!

Kaidan Alenko party member for Mass Effect (and possibly 2/3 depending on player choices). Both Carth and Kaidan have the same VA.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
Strangely, I hate Kaidan like everyone else does, yet I don't hate Carth (nor do I like the character, he's just there).
Keep him in the party

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Alexeythegreat posted:

Strangely, I hate Kaidan like everyone else does, yet I don't hate Carth (nor do I like the character, he's just there).
Keep him in the party

Who is this "everyone else" you speak of? Sure he's no Garrus but he's definitely more loved than Ashley

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Aces High posted:

Who is this "everyone else" you speak of? Sure he's no Garrus but he's definitely more loved than Ashley

Or Gorton Coolu from this past episode.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Aces High posted:

I wasn't being literal

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

So given the reason that I put in the OP for starting this thread, I'm curious about when everyone is planning on going and seeing the The Force Awakens. I decided to go see it on December 17th at a 10pm showing, so is anybody else going to see it in theaters?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

probably, but probably not opening night. I have finals on the 17th and 18th so I will be either studying or drinking heavily so I'll just wait till the Tuesday

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I'll definitely see the film this month, but I don't know yet when exactly.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Aces High posted:

probably, but probably not opening night. I have finals on the 17th and 18th so I will be either studying or drinking heavily so I'll just wait till the Tuesday

I have Finals on the 18th, so no midnight showing, or going that day, either.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
It won't be until December 23rd that I will get into a country where it can be watched without a horrible dub, so I'm a loser

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

GMArcturus posted:

Also, about the drunks, you can blame Cowman for that. Yeah, I'm calling you out Cowman.

man I didn't do poo poo you chose to murder them I was talking to corn in the bible about voice actors

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

I'll probably go see The Force Awakens pretty early on, just so I can stay relatively spoiler-free. Since I'm a miserable goon who hates people, I don't like going to the cinema and certainly won't be there on opening night. If this was any other film I'd just wait for the Blu-Ray release or watch it on Netflix later, but it's loving Star Wars.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Cowman posted:

man I didn't do poo poo you chose to murder them I was talking to corn in the bible about voice actors

HE LIES! I'M CAPTAIN GRANDMASTERARCTURUS. DON'T BELIEVE COWMAN'S LIES!!

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey people, GMA here with an announcement. Many of the people that would normally commentate with me for my LPs have gotten busy as of late and I am now in need of at least 2 people that can record commentary for KotOR on Saturday mornings between 9 am and 10 am central time. If you can help me out with this then either PM me here on the forums or hit me up on Skype. My Skype name is thegreatjoshini.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Keep him (at least for now), but don't ruin his already lovely life, he suffers enough just existing.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey there everyone, just wanted to let you guys know that I have updated that reserved post and put some of the major players in the cast of this space adventure up there so you can get to know them a little better.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Alright time for another episode of shenanigans with Ming the Merciless and Company. Also, tomorrow is the first night that many of us will be going to see The Force Awakens, so if you want to share your thoughts on it here in the thread feel free to do that just remember to hold back on the spoilers for the sake of everyone who hasn't had a chance to see it. One other thing, I'm still looking for people to co-commentate with so if you are interested go ahead and message me on Skype. My Skype name is TheGreatJoshini.

Episode 003 - THAT ISN'T HOW YOU PLAY RPGs! Uncut

Only one version due to there not being any actual cutscenes.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I am enjoying this LP, but would you mind leaving the dialogue, including your own options, up on the screen long enough to read it? At times you click by so fast there isn't even time to pause. Also, if possible, could you indicate the dialogue choice you make? At times it is very hard to guess which option you choose.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Thesaya posted:

I am enjoying this LP, but would you mind leaving the dialogue, including your own options, up on the screen long enough to read it? At times you click by so fast there isn't even time to pause. Also, if possible, could you indicate the dialogue choice you make? At times it is very hard to guess which option you choose.

I'm sorry I will correct that in future recordings. I didn't realize that I was going to quick for everyone. Also, I will actually click on the response I choose from now on instead of choosing it via the number keys. In other news, Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens certainly exceeded my expectations, but if you have read any of the expanded universe novels that took place after Return of the Jedi then you will notice some familiar elements.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

This latest video is still pretty dark. It's not too bad when you're in the Upper City, but Lower City is looking more than a bit murky and I really recommend turning up the brightness for future videos.

Also, you do actually need both Sith uniforms in K1RP. I found that out the hard way.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Yay Kotor! Best DnD game ever!

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey there, here is episode 4

004 - Cleaning Up The Lower City Uncut

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
I noticed you went using Sniper Shot much, it didn't seem to be effective at all.

For the Selvan fight I grabbed the energy shield of the fallen Vulkar guy and activated it before starting, makes it go by much easier.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Yeah, for some reason I tend to forget about energy shields if only because I just got used to not using them in the vanilla version of the game.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013

ultrabindu posted:

I noticed you went using Sniper Shot much, it didn't seem to be effective at all.

It's plenty effective once you get the Master level, especially in the sequel. There you can get pistols that have a natural 18-20 critical threat range. With Master Sniper Shot and Keen, you get a 75% chance to crit, plus a stun effect. It's unnecessarily powerful.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
It's powerful sure, but it's not rapid shot + sneak attack + force stasis, or your choice of flavor of stun attack.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Friendly reminder that the OP, on Christmas Eve 2015, bitched another LP out of existence for the crime of the sincerest form of flattery and encroaching on his original IP: a light side KOTOR let's play.

Congratulations, GMArcturus. You harassed a guy into ceasing doing a let's play.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Dec 25, 2015

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

hi

bye

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Friendly reminder that the OP, on Christmas Eve 2015, bitched another LP out of existence for the crime of the sincerest form of flattery and encroaching on his original IP: a light side KOTOR let's play.

Congratulations, GMArcturus. You harassed a guy into ceasing doing a let's play.
Please don't do this. I don't want to see any more drama over this stuff, I said as much when I closed the thread.

Heir03
Oct 16, 2012

Pillbug
I don't know the whole story, but I have to say I'm bummed the SSLP was closed. I typically am only able to read and enjoy SSLPs for various reasons, so at the very least for me it was the only way to see a LP for KOTOR...something I've desired for some time.

Sorry to see it closed.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Well, here we are at another episode. Check it out if you are still interested.

The Hunt for Blue Mission Clicky Clicky

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Wookies

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Alright, here is another episode for those of you still watching

The Walking Carpet Clicky

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I have a legitimate complaint that they never gave wookies more than stock roars. Gets old fast.

Also I wish they changed their design so they look less like "tall guy in suit" in this. What was it, Republic Commando, that had their art style changed so they look way bigger than humans all over?

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
"She's like Mordin Solus from Mass Effect 2"

~~~ tumbleweeds ~~~

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
That was pretty funny, but I also disagree. KOTOR and especially KOTOR 2 have some great characters, but Mission isn't one of them. And she can't compete with Mordin Solus, who's especially great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

It is hard to capture the lightning in a bottle that Mordin Solus was.

• Locked thread