Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Are you still on GRAZED? I've been playing a ton this past week. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abbyosaurus
Feb 18, 2013
Is anyone still alive out here? I've been totally MIA for a few years but i just started back up on Reboot. It's lonely. :( I see a few of you on Steam occasionally playing MapleStory... are you on Reboot or GRAZED? hit me up! I've gotten my demon slayer up to 167 or something because I have no life during the week.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Yeah, there are a few of us on Reboot. I've been playing more ToS than Maple the last week though.

Bingemoose
Mar 24, 2014

Hurr Durr muts saf gotam cety
Back at maple, goonsquad still the guild for reboot? How many of us are still playing? Anybody on the P2W servers?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Bingemoose posted:

Back at maple, goonsquad still the guild for reboot? How many of us are still playing? Anybody on the P2W servers?

I think I'm gonna start playing again, it's only been like 2 weeks since I stopped but I feel pretty refreshed. Meph is playing, I think. Abby said she's playing. Jams might be playing unless he's playing WoW, he said he planned on playing the new expac but IDK when it comes out. Mike always says hes playing but I barely ever see him online, different hours I guess :cheeky: Maybe a few other people too, Xun and YESBread were playing recently. Also Bio ofc but he's in some guild for gay henehoes, like he always is.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Silento posted:

Also Bio ofc but he's in some guild for gay henehoes, like he always is.

gently caress you

also i'll carry bosses if needed, 2m2m clean range

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

If I start now on Reboot will I have friends to play with? :ohdear:

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Philip Rivers posted:

If I start now on Reboot will I have friends to play with? :ohdear:

I run you through some bosses if you want

I am antisocial though

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Silento posted:

I think I'm gonna start playing again, it's only been like 2 weeks since I stopped but I feel pretty refreshed. Meph is playing, I think. Abby said she's playing. Jams might be playing unless he's playing WoW, he said he planned on playing the new expac but IDK when it comes out. Mike always says hes playing but I barely ever see him online, different hours I guess :cheeky: Maybe a few other people too, Xun and YESBread were playing recently. Also Bio ofc but he's in some guild for gay henehoes, like he always is.

There are a few people playing right now, see this list from a few days ago.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

"Hmm Maplestory, haven't played that in a while, sounds like a good idea." Me, 139 levels ago. :shepicide:

Luckily lv140 only takes like a week instead of multiple years like it did last time I played. God this game is addictive. :(

Abbyosaurus
Feb 18, 2013
Bahah. I basically went from 1-140 in a day on my demon slayer cos she was BURNIN'... and i have no life.

I just hit lv175 this morning. I hadn't been on in about 2 weeks, between my work schedule and being out of town for a week. An old friend from El Nido made a guild and I'd joined that one with him, but it's literally just the two of us and I never see him on because of time differences...but I just found out he's currently tempbanned because he'd started hacking, aaaand i don't really want to be associated with that. >_< so I may just ditch him and try to find someone to send me an invite to GoonSquad.

Mike does play! I ran into him for the first time yesterday, we did some bosses. Or rather, he carried me through some bosses cos I'm weak as poo poo. :(

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/16593/back-to-school-log-in-event

Yoooo, free unique pot 100%! :love:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/16609/v-176-mushroom-shrine-tales-update-preview

Nice, we're getting the ZIpangu blockbuster that JMS got! Also some events.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

What level can I start doing real boss content? I showed up to Ursus at like level 140 one time and spent most of the fight napping. My main is a 146 Xenon but I also have a 112 Demon Avenger who's burning.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I've never done Ursus, dunno how it works.

Root Abyss is decently interesting and not too hard, Zakum is even easier. If you do your Gollux preqs you can fight him soonish, but easy mode Gollux isn't much of a challenge (as the name implies).

Edit: You can also do Horntail at like 150 or 160, he's a boring boss but gives good exp. Krexel in Ulu City also gives good exp, not sure what level he is, 160+? I don't have much experience with Pink Bean so I can't really say how hard he is, maybe someone else in the thread knows.

Abbyosaurus
Feb 18, 2013

Silento posted:

I've never done Ursus, dunno how it works.

Root Abyss is decently interesting and not too hard, Zakum is even easier. If you do your Gollux preqs you can fight him soonish, but easy mode Gollux isn't much of a challenge (as the name implies).

Edit: You can also do Horntail at like 150 or 160, he's a boring boss but gives good exp. Krexel in Ulu City also gives good exp, not sure what level he is, 160+? I don't have much experience with Pink Bean so I can't really say how hard he is, maybe someone else in the thread knows.

I still have a hard time with Root Abyss and I can't get through normal Gollux to save my life... although, this is entirely because I'm so spoiled by my pet's autopot and some tanky demon slayer perks. I completely lose my poo poo when there's a potion cooldown, bosses start throwing me around or instakilling me. You mean I actually have to try to dodge things?! Ugh.

I didn't attempt Pink Bean until around lv175, my range was ~90k on my demon slayer and I couldn't do enough damage to take him out within the 30 minute time limit. Several upgrades later, my range is now around 110k and I can get through all of it within 15 minutes. The hardest part about him is his damage reflect, to my understanding, but I have enough HP to tank it if I accidentally hit him... as well as the ability to completely ignore the reflect with metamorphosis or just delay it from happening with bind.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
Someone help, I decided to get in on the reboot server to try and get to bishop as PopeFaith

I've never played this before but I have buddies playing with me, just got to 56 so just doin' that levelgrind

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
sup goons, anyone still playing on either el nido or reboot? I joined a pubbie guild on reboot and it's just as quiet

I miss playing with a bunch of goons :/

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Mike and Jams/Bob/whatever-his-SA-name-is and I are playing, I'm only playing a little bit right now though. Jams isn't in Goonsquad, so it's just me and Mike I think. Dunno how active Mike is, he afks a lot though. I'm really, really looking forward to 5th job and the V update. Just one month to go! I guess I should start working on a new OP, lol. Any ideas for a thread title? Although it does seem kinda dumb to make a new thread when this one is only 7 pages...

Edit: Oh, us three are on Reboot.

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy

Silento posted:

Mike and Jams/Bob/whatever-his-SA-name-is and I are playing, I'm only playing a little bit right now though. Jams isn't in Goonsquad, so it's just me and Mike I think. Dunno how active Mike is, he afks a lot though. I'm really, really looking forward to 5th job and the V update. Just one month to go! I guess I should start working on a new OP, lol. Any ideas for a thread title? Although it does seem kinda dumb to make a new thread when this one is only 7 pages...

Edit: Oh, us three are on Reboot.

Awesome. My bishop on reboot is Zweibelfisch. I'm thinking of making a demonslayer as well, but I haven't been playing too much because of grad school poo poo (I have some time off coming up though.) I will likely leave my pubbie guild if there's a bunch of active goons, because gently caress pubbie bs.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Woah 5th is actually coming to GMS soon? Don't tempt me to grind up a char just to try it out...

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
If 5th Job is real, I might actually come back and play this thing yet again. I never get around to trying Reboot, and that makes a double whammy of temptation.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

What is the name of the Goonsquad leader in Reboot? Or if it's not Goonsquad, then what is the Goon Guild in Reboot?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

It is GoonSquad. The leader is OfIceAndMen, I'll accept it when I get on tomorrow.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Silento posted:

It is GoonSquad. The leader is OfIceAndMen, I'll accept it when I get on tomorrow.

Okay, what confused me was the rankings were different from the GRAZED one.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

lol https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=NEXON&cws=1&rid=663

Game sounds like it has some major flaws from what I've seen lately but it's getting a big system update in like 2 weeks that might make things better? Who knows if it will improve, or if our version (assuming it actually comes out) will even get those improvements. Regardless, I'll play it I guess but I'm not super hype. The PvP arena looks kinda fun!

Also EMS getting merged into GMS totally hosed the server time and with it all time-based events so they better fix that! Lol @ having dailies reset at 7 PM EST, Good Stuff Nexon!!!

Corby Haas
Jul 29, 2015
Living in Singapore now and tired of LoL again. Might Maple, might DFO.

If I Maple, any way to keep background music playing while I tab out? Probably going to spend a lot of time tabbed out.

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
Could someone in the guild accept Zwiebelfisch and/or DrinkyMeg? The pubbie guild I was slumming it with booted me for inactivity (apparently being busy with grad school isn't cool with them :v: )

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

So, uh, yeah. http://maplestory.nexon.net/micro-site/v-update

I guess I'll make a new thread. Any suggestions for things to put in the OP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

New thread for V: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3799388

• Locked thread