Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Division
Jun 23, 2004

I beg to present to you as a Christmas gift, Mr. Lombardi, the city of Detroit.
We need more discussion of Wolf Blitzer talking about "long guns"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

New Division posted:

We need more discussion of Wolf Blitzer talking about "long guns"

This is what they used actually

Watermelon City
May 10, 2009

That would certainly be useful for breaking tables.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
What the gently caress is a 'long gun'? Is this code for 'assault rifle' or something?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Karthe posted:

What the gently caress is a 'long gun'? Is this code for 'assault rifle' or something?

It's a stupid code-word for a rifle

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
you can type it into wikipedia mate

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Karthe posted:

I'd say bigger than a submachine gun, but with no more details than that. Deliberately vague in order to cover all the possibilities.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Long gun is real.

LeoMarr posted:

It's a stupid code-word for a rifle

A shotgun can be a long gun but a shotgun cannot be a rifle.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

lol "long gun" is not a novel term guys

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
DHS and FBI surveillance aircraft.
http://www.flightradar24.com/8266504
http://www.flightradar24.com/N404KR/826791d

A armored Bobcat like what they were using to check the SUV. Apparently the LAPD got one after the Dorner incident.

New Division
Jun 23, 2004

Karthe posted:

Oh it's a code word for something all right. *winks suggestively*

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Long gun for +5 accuracy and +6 killing ability

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
this is kind of a strange thing to play dumb about, i think

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Fox News now interviewing a woman in a closet.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

It is kind of an unusual, antiquated-sounding term to hear bandied about repeatedly. Makes me think of tall ships and red coats.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Popular Thug Drink posted:

actually it's a good thing that we haven't pushed this sucker to five pages of rumors and speculation

True, true.

Reaganomicon
Jan 31, 2004

Flush please

LeoMarr posted:

This is what they used actually

this specific gun is long as gently caress

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

SBPD is now going door to door searching for suspects.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.
Any word yet on whether the suspects are Muslim? This is literally the only thing that matters.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Karthe posted:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Whiskey Sours posted:

Any word yet on whether the suspects are Muslim? This is literally the only thing that matters.

Seems like just a way to refer the guns without assholes popping to say "its only a semi-automatic, media can't be trusted"

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
Doesn't seem to be terrorism, although I'm struggling to think of a holiday party dispute that would cause some guy to leave, find 2 friends, convince them to come back with him armed to the teeth, and then shoot up a whole place.

quote:

A dispute at a holiday gathering may have sparked a mass shooting in San Bernardino that left 14 people dead and 17 others wounded on Wednesday morning, federal law enforcement officials said.

As many as three assailants, who carried long guns and wore masks, opened fire on a gathering of San Bernardino county employees around 11 a.m., sources and a witness told the Los Angeles Times.

A senior federal official who is monitoring the case said investigators believe one of the shooters left the party after getting into an argument and returned with one or two armed companions.

The shooting took place in a large conference room on the grounds of the Inland Regional Center, which serves people with developmental disabilities in Riverside and San Bernardino counties.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-up-to-20-shot-in-san-bernardino-active-shooter-sought-20151202-story.html

Xandu fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Dec 3, 2015

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Whiskey Sours posted:

If there are any terrorist attacks by Muslims in the US between now and January 20th, 2017, Obama's legacy is trashed

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
wtf america

why does "a holiday dispute" turn into a mass shooting with the local police chief telling reporters that "they came prepared to do what they did, as if they were on a mission".

Karthe posted:

It's a gun that is long. Sometimes the English language is full of surprises.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_gun

quote:

A long gun is a category of firearms and cannons with longer barrels than other classes. In small arms, a long gun is generally designed to be fired braced against the shoulder, in contrast to a handgun, but may include mounted firearms such as the M1919 Browning Machine Gun while in artillery a long gun would be contrasted with a howitzer or carronade.

The actual length of the barrels of a long gun are subject various laws in many jurisdictions, for example by the National Firearms Act in the United States, which sets a minimum length of 16 inches (40 cm) for rifle barrels and 18 inches (45 cm) for shotgun barrels.

Whiskey Sours posted:

Descriptions so far is that they are "Caucasians" (just like Joseph Stalin).

Kurt_Cobain
Jul 9, 2001
Fox News has their scary muslim sounding name.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
But this anonymous report indicates explosive devices being thrown and pipe bombs and the FBI taking over the investigation. So someone is misinformed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...omepage%2Fstory

quote:

A local law enforcement official confirmed that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives found a suspected pipe bomb on one of the suspects. That official also said the FBI has taken over the investigation. Multiple devices were thrown from the SUV during the chase, law enforcement officials said.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Xandu posted:

Doesn't seem to be terrorism, although I'm struggling to think of a holiday party dispute that would cause some guy to leave, find 2 friends, convince them to come back with him armed to the teeth, and then shoot up a whole place.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-up-to-20-shot-in-san-bernardino-active-shooter-sought-20151202-story.html

When your buddy calls you up for a favor, asking what it is first before you agree is Not Cool, bro

Reaganomicon
Jan 31, 2004

Flush please

Cat Mattress posted:

Descriptions so far is that they are "Caucasians" (just like Joseph Stalin).

I really hope its white guy(s).

Reaganomicon
Jan 31, 2004

Flush please

Kurt_Cobain posted:

Fox News has their scary muslim sounding name.

Muhammad Abu _________

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
Maybe it's DFS related, a kid removed from the family and armed idiots decide to take it out on them?

Torlo Hans
Apr 23, 2005

La familia es todo.
Dinosaur Gum
I did hear mention of a pipe bomb on the police scanner while the police were approaching the black SUV earlier today. I think they found one on the road somewhere. For all I know it could be completely unrelated.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Erdogan did it.

New Division
Jun 23, 2004

Xandu posted:

You know you have a true friend when they'll help you commit a mass shooting.:allears:

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
Why the gently caress is it taking them so long to announce whether it's muslims or not? I've been treading water with this massive boner for like two hours now and I just want to shoot my load...

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Putting my wild rear end guess on anti vaxxers

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dead shooters are man and woman

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
http://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/the-simple-truth-about-gun-control?mbid=social_facebook

quote:

We, let’s imagine, in a city where children are dying of a ravaging infection. The good news is that its cause is well understood and its cure, an antibiotic, easily at hand. The bad news is that our city council has been taken over by a faith-healing cult that will go to any lengths to keep the antibiotic from the kids. Some citizens would doubtless point out meekly that faith healing has an ancient history in our city, and we must regard the faith healers with respect—to do otherwise would show a lack of respect for their freedom to faith-heal. (The faith healers’ proposition is that if there were a faith healer praying in every kindergarten the kids wouldn’t get infections in the first place.) A few Tartuffes would see the children writhe and heave in pain and then wring their hands in self-congratulatory piety and wonder why a good God would send such a terrible affliction on the innocent—surely he must have a plan!

on the left
Nov 2, 2013
I Am A Gigantic Piece Of Shit

Literally poo from a diseased human butt

Trump has already proposed to remove/imprison the societal cancer causing guncrime

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG

This makes more sense when you look at capitalism as the disease.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Dead shooters are man and woman

Spree shooters are finally tearing down the "autistic white male" stereotype.

• Locked thread