Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Loucks posted:

My point was that we can't conclude that these people were gearing up for an inevitable attack based on having black clothes and a couple of guns, but sure, feel free to interpret my post however you like.

We can actually conclude that 3 people were gearing up for an attack based exactly on Guns, Explosives, Ammo, Military Style Clothes, and a target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I mean your...I guess 'greater' point that yea it's pretty easy to make a ghetto pipe bomb and wear a mask so we can't assume this was some bigger plan than what we saw without more proof wasn't wrong but...haha dude I think the cops and bomb dudes weren't just being huge pussies who thought a normal pipe for lug nuts was a pipe bomb. They've been pretty well dancing around saying 'that car was full of poo poo that was not good' whenever they're asked what took so long.

Kurt_Cobain
Jul 9, 2001
Brother in law of the suspect had a presser with CAIR and he said the daily beast had the wrong pictures, not sure if he commented on the job profiles.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Black Baby Goku posted:

To be perfectly fair it's pretty simple to slap together a pipe bomb.

Especially one that doesn't detonate.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Loucks posted:

What equipment? An SUV, some black clothes, and a couple of rifles and handguns? At least half the people on my block are equipped for a large attack by your standards. Not that I can speak for their mental states.

This is the most clear case of apologism i've seen

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)
Police conference just started testing mics. http://abcnews.go.com/Live

edit: is that man wearing a zoot suit?

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Kafka Esq. posted:

I think I just heard a reporter say "are you stoked?"

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Kafka Esq. posted:

Reporters all laughing and going "Whooooooaaa!" like someone just did a party foul at a frat party, nice.

"Way to go, Rick! :rolleyes:"

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

BJPaskoff posted:

Reporters all laughing and going "Whooooooaaa!" like someone just did a party foul at a frat party, nice.

"Way to go, Rick! :rolleyes:"

Is this that CAIR conference, or the official SBPD conference?

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)
Wow, nothing has changed. I'm going to bed.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Republicans posted:

Especially one that doesn't detonate.

Ever since that incident with the Muslamic chess club student and his clock conservatives have been trying to save face by maintaining that anything that can be used as a bomb can very reasonably be confirmed as a bomb.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Wyld posted:

A lot more information I'm sure will be released that will ultimately lead credence to which ever side you are really on.

But to think that how many lives have been snuffed out to drones with no court order, how many "terrorist" have been carpet bombed with out a mandate, how many Americans (black) have died this year.

It's all terribly sad. It's all just the worst. It's sad your little snowflake of an existence got melted before you became a beautiful butterfly.

The world is plagued with reality that poo poo will ultimately kill you. I'm sorry that makes you upset. Channel that toward working towards altruism. Work towards making your self a better person. YOu can ban and regulate everything bad. Reality is simple it doesn't care. You will die. You will die alone. And that's it. I wish we could have humanity work together. We are a great species. We should at least try. But in the end we will continue to do what we are really good at and that is kill. It may not fit the narrative but if you want to ascribe to science you're a hyper advanced killing machine. Stop getting shot faced when you do your job.

This reads like a manifesto. Please don't do a spree shooting, fellow poster.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

What are the facts so far? Do we know for certain that one of the shooters was a man by the name of Syed Farook?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Vox Nihili posted:

This reads like a manifesto. Please don't do a spree shooting, fellow poster.

A case study on radicalization

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

shadowvine118 posted:

What are the facts so far? Do we know for certain that one of the shooters was a man by the name of Syed Farook?

Summary: http://www.nytimes.com/live/san-bernardino-shooting/suspects-relative-expresses-shock-sadness-but-no-hints-on-motive/

Chief Jarrod Burguan of the San Bernardino police identified two suspects killed in a shootout with police officers as Syed Rizwan Farook, 28, and Tashfeen Malik, 27.

They were married and the parents of a 6-month-old daughter, according to Mr. Farook’s brother-in-law, Farhan Khan.

Mr. Farook was born in the United States, Chief Burguan said, and he had been employed with the county for five years as a health inspector.

He had been at a holiday party on Wednesday and left “angry,” amid a dispute, Chief Burguan said. He and his wife then returned with explosive devices and guns, and wearing tactical gear.

Law enforcement officials initially said there may have been as many as three assailants, but Chief Burguan said they were “reasonably” confident that Mr. Farook and Ms. Malik were the only attackers.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Apparently they had also recently traveled to Saudi Arabia for a vacation.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...1202-story.html

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Bizarre that neither of them gave a poo poo about the baby.

Especially the mother abandoning a 6 month old that she is likely breast feeding. Heartless.

Ending of that LA Times article is quite something...

quote:

Baccari remembered his co-worker disappearing before the photo session.

“Where’s Syed?” he recalled someone asking.

Arkane fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Dec 3, 2015

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

C.M. Kruger posted:

Apparently they had also recently traveled to Saudi Arabia for a vacation.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...1202-story.html

He went to Saudi Arabia and brought back his wife, whom he met online.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I wonder if they thought they could get away with it somehow hence the masks and trying to escape?

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

Eagles of Death Metal has song called San Berdoo Sunburn, is this part of Daesh EoDM themed terror attacks? :tinfoil:

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Bip Roberts posted:

I wonder if they thought they could get away with it somehow hence the masks and trying to escape?

Nothing else makes sense since they went home and the cops found them there.
Then, they had a low speed chase before all hell broke loose.

If they wanted a big body count, they could have just stayed where they were and continued to fire until the cops showed up or they ran out of ammo. It sounds like they hit 1 conference room out of a huge building, then left. Maybe they chickened out, who knows. Maybe that was their target and they thought they got away with it???

I mean, I'm pretty sure they drove their own vehicle... good tactical planning in the event of trying to escape.
Plus, everyone knew he was absent, so the cops went looking for him.

Policing may not be up to CSI standards yet, but they can sure as hell figure this poo poo out.

Pohl fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Dec 3, 2015

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
I can't find any info on when he met and brought his new "wife" to the US. I find it a bit bizarre that someone you married after meeting online would just follow you shortly after into a random mass murder situation tooled up in full combat gear.

Sounds like them terrists to me.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Captain Kosmos posted:

Eagles of Death Metal has song called San Berdoo Sunburn, is this part of Daesh EoDM themed terror attacks? :tinfoil:

Eagles: America
Death: self-explaining
Metal: bullets and bombs

Conclusion: the illuminati did it, wake up sheeple

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

I find it a bit bizarre that someone you married after meeting online would just follow you shortly after into a random mass murder situation tooled up in full combat gear.
Saudi Arabia is definitely a good choice if that's the kind of marriage you're looking for though.

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

Bip Roberts posted:

Maybe they thought it would buy them time to carry out additional attacks?

Pohl posted:

Nothing else makes sense

Yeah. They handed their 6 month old child off to someone else, got into matching "tactical gear", took a rifle and sidearm each, enough ammo to go on a killing spree plus shoot it out with the cops and have extra mags hanging off their corpses afterward, and gunned down a bunch of people with no explicable motive. They were in and out in 4 minutes, indicating no hesitation whatsoever: they caught the people inside by surprise, over 30 people were shot before the rest could scatter, and they left once that happened. Also this was in a large metropolitan area and anyone living in America all his life like the dude would know shooting up any building inside the city is likely a death sentence (from volleys of police bullets).

But yes, they thought they were gonna drive home and everything would be peachy. Nothing. Else. Makes. Sense.

But you want to go all Occam's razor huh. Ok.

This was a preplanned, terrorist attack carried out by Islamic extremists. It was at a Christmas party which would have unmistakable symbolic meaning in the aftermath of a terrorist attack carried out by Muslims. They martyred themselves before they could kill anyone else.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Captain Kosmos posted:

I really hope nobody Wanna Be In LA...

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

I can't find any info on when he met and brought his new "wife" to the US. I find it a bit bizarre that someone you married after meeting online would just follow you shortly after into a random mass murder situation tooled up in full combat gear.

Sounds like them terrists to me.

Well think about it from a normal persons point of view. Even if you knew your spouse for a long time and heard them complain about their job for years. Your baby is like 6 months old. Then you spouse comes home one day and says 'I had a bad day at the office. Lets suit up go over there and shoot the place up.' I think my wife would probably call the cops on me if she thought I was serious.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Vladimir Putin posted:

Well think about it from a normal persons point of view. Even if you knew your spouse for a long time and heard them complain about their job for years. Your baby is like 6 months old. Then you spouse comes home one day and says 'I had a bad day at the office. Lets suit up go over there and shoot the place up.' I think my wife would probably call the cops on me if she thought I was serious.

Normal people don't make bombs and own big-rear end guns though.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Yoshifan823 posted:

American exceptionalism at play yet again.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Vladimir Putin posted:

I think my wife would probably call the cops on me if she thought I was serious.

She'd be breaking her vow to be united with you for better or worse. A shameful wife.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Acid Haze posted:

Yeah. They handed their 6 month old child off to someone else, got into matching "tactical gear", took a rifle and sidearm each, enough ammo to go on a killing spree plus shoot it out with the cops and have extra mags hanging off their corpses afterward, and gunned down a bunch of people with no explicable motive. They were in and out in 4 minutes, indicating no hesitation whatsoever: they caught the people inside by surprise, over 30 people were shot before the rest could scatter, and they left once that happened. Also this was in a large metropolitan area and anyone living in America all his life like the dude would know shooting up any building inside the city is likely a death sentence (from volleys of police bullets).

But yes, they thought they were gonna drive home and everything would be peachy. Nothing. Else. Makes. Sense.

This was a preplanned, terrorist attack carried out by Islamic extremists. It was at a Christmas party which would have unmistakable symbolic meaning in the aftermath of a terrorist attack carried out by Muslims. They martyred themselves before they could kill anyone else.

Your conclusion doesn't follow from the evidence, OP.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Yoshifan823 posted:

Yeah I think that's the point of it. You would think it's kind of a rage killing but then there's this component of planning and the involvement of the wife that makes it look like there's more to it.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Acid Haze posted:

I'm not sure if you're agreeing with him or not. Personally I think they did believe they could get away with it. Why bother with the getaway etc., they could have killed way more people. Jeez they could have driven to a school or something and hit at least one more location, that would be even more terror.

Unless they just wanted to go home and gently caress before the cops killed them? That might make more sense.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Cat Mattress posted:

She'd be breaking her vow to be united with you for better or worse. A shameful wife.

No it would actually be saving my life by preventing me from doing some crazy poo poo.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Arkane posted:

Bizarre that neither of them gave a poo poo about the baby.

Especially the mother abandoning a 6 month old that she is likely breast feeding. Heartless.

Ending of that LA Times article is quite something...

He took paternity leave too

INH5
Dec 17, 2012
Error: file not found.

Acid Haze posted:

They had plenty of time in which they could have driven to other targets and carried out additional attacks, just like in Paris, but they didn't.

Acid Haze posted:

If this was a terrorist attack, why didn't they take credit on social media, or post a manifesto video to Youtube, or otherwise do something to unmistakably let the world know that yes, this was a terrorist attack, and it was carried out for [reasons]? Again, they had plenty of time to do something like that. The whole point of terrorism is sending a message. If the world doesn't know that it was a terrorist attack, that defeats the entire purpose.

Nothing about this case makes sense.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

INH5 posted:

They had plenty of time in which they could have driven to other targets and carried out additional attacks, just like in Paris, but they didn't.

If this was a terrorist attack, why didn't they take credit on social media, or post a manifesto video to Youtube, or otherwise do something to unmistakably let the world know that yes, this was a terrorist attack, and it was carried out for [reasons]? Again, they had plenty of time to do something like that. The whole point of terrorism is sending a message. If the world doesn't know that it was a terrorist attack, that defeats the entire purpose.

Did the /pol/ dudes that shot up a BLM rally in Minneapolis do any of this? They were terrorists.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

INH5 posted:

I think they were planning for something bigger and then the husband got really mad and said lets just do this right now.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Vladimir Putin posted:

I think they were planning for something bigger and then the husband got really mad and said lets just do this right now.

Yeah I agree. Only thing that doesn't make much sense here is the target seems a bit personal.

Reports now are that they had Go-Pro cameras strapped onto their body armor. That's the mark of ISIS-style jihadism.

The video may have been uploaded to some unsavory folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Neo_Crimson posted:

Did the /pol/ dudes that shot up a BLM rally in Minneapolis do any of this? They were terrorists.

Yes. They took braggart videos on the way over there and posted them.

• Locked thread