Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

china bot posted:

"i'd do anything to improve my grades, mr. genesplicer...but I won't do that"

i'd do it genesplicer PM me after class for deets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Can you teach me to make meth like that show I haven't watched because I'm passive aggressive?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

who the hell is genesplicer?

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes
Mr. Splicer, windows 98 just hit a guy with a shovel. Can we toss him out the window for retaliation?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
*hides a crayon amidst the chalks*

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Gee, it's like lots of you remember what 8th grade is like.

Those of you who mentioned chalk and chalk boards, nope, they replaced them with whiteboards in 1992.

And the whiteboards were covered by smartboards in 2009. If my computer goes down, I pretty much am screwed for visuals. Luckily, my computer uses Windows XP and hardly ever gives me a blue screen of death.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Blizzy_Cow posted:

Mr. Splicer, windows 98 just hit a guy with a shovel. Can we toss him out the window for retaliation?

The word you are looking for is "defenestrate".

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

*is the freakishly tall kid in class*

*teacher's shoulders visibly slump when they walk in to discover a piece of paper taped on the board so high they know they need a chair to get it. Boldly written on the paper in marker is "PEE-NUS"*

heheheheheheehheheh

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
*shouting at the top of my lungs* BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL! NYE THE SCIENCE GUY!!!

Do they still show Bill Nye in science class when the teacher is out? If they don't that's a real shame.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Crazyeyes posted:

*shouting at the top of my lungs* BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL! BILL! NYE THE SCIENCE GUY!!!

Do they still show Bill Nye in science class when the teacher is out? If they don't that's a real shame.

They show Planet Earth now

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
*Writes perfectly worded and well researched essay answer on the test. First letter in each sentence spells out "Eat poo poo you gay retard"

*Gets F on test because it took so much time to do that one answer I didn't do any of the others*

* gets home and receives a whoopin*

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

genesplicer posted:

Gee, it's like lots of you remember what 8th grade is like.

Those of you who mentioned chalk and chalk boards, nope, they replaced them with whiteboards in 1992.

And the whiteboards were covered by smartboards in 2009. If my computer goes down, I pretty much am screwed for visuals. Luckily, my computer uses Windows XP and hardly ever gives me a blue screen of death.

I'm not sure this applies everywhere, wherever it is you've been teaching must have been a wealthier district or something, because I remember having chalkboards when I graduated in 04'.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Windows 98 posted:

They show Planet Earth now

That's ok as far s programming goes, but Nye is much more engaging.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
*does an impressive hand fart sound*

*flirts with cute boy in back row*

*draws a penis smoking a joint on chalkboard*

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
genesplicer, give everyone in this thread a 6 hour probation with the reason 'detention'

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Hogge Wild posted:

genesplicer, give everyone in this thread a 6 hour probation with the reason 'detention'

Not me! That's so unfair! I'm only taking this class as a prerequisite so I can get into AP Chemistry! Can you toss me an A, genesplicer?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Hogge Wild posted:

And you get a Ban for snitching, as that $10 will be your lunch money the rest of us feel the compulsion to beat you up and steal from you

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
ive got an raging boner

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

Crazyeyes posted:

We still show Bill Nye, but you have to remember his show went off the air before my students were born. There is so much available now that we don't have to fall back on videos as much. My students do a lot on computer. When I'm absent, they usually do brainpops.

The biggest challenge is making sure they are using the computers for their assignments, instead of spending their time on Facebook or Snapchat

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

genesplicer posted:

The biggest challenge is making sure they are using the computers for their assignments, instead of spending their time on Facebook or Snapchat
um

SnapChat is mobile phones only

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

can u give me my HW over SnapChat

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
drat kids always snapping tweets to their facepages

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Nooner posted:

drat kids always snapping tweets to their facepages

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
goku

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
*sleeps quietly at his desk*

*somehow still passes despite never doing work*

*Is in every one of your classes sleeping*

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Jukeboxblues posted:

god drat i knew this kid

i think he's studying chemistry at UD now

godspeed, Charles, keep on sleeping

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

genesplicer posted:

We still show Bill Nye, but you have to remember his show went off the air before my students were born. There is so much available now that we don't have to fall back on videos as much. My students do a lot on computer. When I'm absent, they usually do brainpops.

I always played mean jokes on dullards by using "netsend" messages . "Bobby you need to come to the office right now"- kid just got up and left class and was suspended for it lol

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Actually I kinda feel bad about that now because I think that kid had a terrible home life :(

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Jukeboxblues posted:

This was me. I slept because I did all my reading during lunch while I ate. Teachers get super pissed when they wake you up with some question to make you look dumb and you know the answer. I still should've just stayed awake and not be a shithead though.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

symbolic posted:

um

SnapChat is mobile phones only

When a child is looking down at their lap and grinning, they have phones out. Surprisingly common. Especially when chromebooks are out and can be used as cover.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

Captain Yossarian posted:

Actually I kinda feel bad about that now because I think that kid had a terrible home life :(

I try not to jump to conclusions in class. I had a kid who feel asleep almost every day. It turns out he was the oldest of six kids. Dad was in jail and mom was working multiple minimum wage jobs, just to keep up. My student spent a huge amount of time talking care of his younger sibs. Class was actually quieter than home.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

genesplicer posted:

When a child is looking down at their lap and grinning, they have phones out. Surprisingly common. Especially when chromebooks are out and can be used as cover.
you made it sound like they were using the computers for Facebook AND Snapchat and i was worried about your health :ohdear:

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
*throws chalk eraser at your back, leaves big square white mark on your coat*

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

i heard mr splicer is gayyyy

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

*puts class hamster in my butt

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ne horny goonettes send snapchat pics of ur lady garden and ill send you pics of my gentlemans sausage and also flexing biceps

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

numberoneposter posted:

ne horny goonettes send snapchat pics of ur lady garden and ill send you pics of my gentlemans sausage and also flexing biceps

:eyepop:

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
*spends entire class attaching colored markers together to make things*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
*throws whole pack of pencils into the roof title above me spelling out "im gay"*

• Locked thread