Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

quote:

ya boy ethan couch violating probation. i got more if u want @CityofBurleson @TarrantCountyDA

:owned:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Tarrant County Sheriff's spokesman Terry Grisham: “[Cases] are not prosecuted or revoked or modified based on hearsay or based on a grainy video that we can’t identify someone in.”​

Is he on retainer? That's a high quality iPhone video.

down n out fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Dec 4, 2015

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
He's over 18 now. You know what happens to (most) adults that violate probation?

BIG BOY JAIL!
BIG BOY JAIL!

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
They're already getting a large number of tips about their whereabouts. You think you can escape Texas Justice?

quote:

“He’s going to get his, period,” said defense attorney Jerry Loftin. “You can’t get away, you can’t hide, you can’t run. Maybe for a while, but they’ll find you. Period.”

Loftin says an adult criminal court judge will have more power to punish Couch, including revoking probation and sending Couch to prison. And Loftin expects a harsh punishment.

“The higher the profile the case the more likely the guillotine is dropping,” he said.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
He's 18 going on 38

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

Geoj posted:

I think you greatly underestimate the power of money in the US justice system. If they let him off for literally killing four people and turning a fifth into a potato I don't have much faith he'll actually be held accountable for violating the terms of his probation.

I mean, if the court bought the whole "spoiled baby doesn't understand getting drunk and killing people is wrong" then it's not that big of a jump to "spoiled baby doesn't understand violating terms of probation and fleeing across international borders is wrong" as a defense.

He got the spoiled baby pass because he was a minor. Judges treat adults a bit differently.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

TEAYCHES posted:

Wow, this kind of attitude is what's wrong with the "justice" system in America.

As opposed to high-powered "justice for hire" lawyers who know the judges and prosecutors and can get you out of felonies for the right price? Lol.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
After OJ Simpson published "If I Did It" the original prosecution team should have been able able to challenge him to a table, ladders, chairs match in the cage at wrestlemania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

haljordan posted:

Lol if you think you'd last longer than five minutes in a Mexican prison.

That combat Marine that got out of Mexican prison on illegal firearm charges not too long ago tried to commit suicide with a broken lightbulb.

• Locked thread