Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

The feds have joined the search, they'll find them by Monday or some poo poo. Probably at a four star hotel instead of a lovely Econolodge where people mind their own business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I love how the judge who sentenced him immediately retired afterwards. Definitely nothing shady there.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

The concept of playing beer pong without beer is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of in my life

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

czarmonger posted:

ive played a game of beer pong where a splash of whiskey was added to each cup of beer

later that night we rode boogie boards down the stairs and dragged a spare mattress between the stairs and the pool and used it like a trampoline

I'll be honest, that sounds like the greatest party in the history of existence.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Minimalist Program posted:

yeah, if youre a dweeb who goes to dweeb parties, uh, with dweebs.

As opposed to the party where people play beer pong without beer

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Melmac posted:

I wonder if when the OP posted this thread a mere 17 days ago that he could have ever guessed that this kid would be on the law with a bounty for his capture.

Anyway I am not taking gibbis bets on where he and his mom will be found hiding. I have dibs on Cancun, Mexico. Post your guesses here.

Winner will receive "Something Awful Karma Points".

No way they go to Mexico. They'd never be able to stay anywhere but a four star hotel which pretty much guarantees they'd get caught. They'd not gonna blend in in some dirt poor town.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Melmac posted:

Wouldn't the FBI know if they went on a flight?

Also they are offering a reward to anyone who turns them in. :rip:

Yeah their passports have already been flagged and even if they have cash on them eventually they'll need more and good luck with that

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Unshaved Moose posted:

This is a job for Dog the bounty hunter. He will bring him back no matter where he hide

Dog has a genius business plan. He posts bail for people he knows will run, but they're too poor to get out of Hawaii so he just goes to the same four or five places to track them down.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

What would you guys pay to punchasize this kid in the face? I'd say mid five figures.

Also they'll absolutely get caught. Whenever they run out of whatever cash they managed to grab they're done for.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Melmac posted:

It's made so much better by the fact that he seriously got away with the poo poo and then the idiot goes ON THE LAM because someone videotaped him drinking and tweeted it to the FBI. So not only is he literally being sought by the feds his mom is now involved too. It's loving amazing. I thought I'd never hear about this idiot again after he walked away scot free.

Where have I heard that before.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNG0IuymIkk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NlC-JTazS8

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Three Olives posted:

Good news, they found Ethan Couch, he was apparently just vacationing in Puerto Vallarta.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/28/us/mexico-affluenza-teen-ethan-couch-detained/

Lmao I loving knew they'd try to hide out in a resort. But yeah I'm sure it's just a huge coincidence that he fled the country right after an incriminating video surfaced.

He's even dumber than I thought because he would've had a way easier time explaining away the video. But not checking in with his probie officer and leaving the country are automatic violations.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Dec 29, 2015

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

Watch the DA not charge him with anything lol

He should use the George Costanza "Was that wrong? Should I not have done that?" defense.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I bet this kid's name is actually Chip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B93BoC9ylg

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I kinda wish they had tried to hide out in some dirt poor town in Mexico and wound up getting sold to white slavers.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

That little poo poo has a supremely punchable face.

Also of course they went to a resort town. They're rich idiots in Mexico, if they tried to hide out in the slums they'd be murdered in a heartbeat or kidnapped for ransom.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

See I'd give her more jail time BECAUSE she's a nurse, poo poo seems backwards.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

B-Rock452 posted:

A lot of probation departments work with the marshals. My department has officers that are deputized as marshall and handle bench warrants. Usually we don't actually put out wanted posters but the case is so high profile that it was deemed appropriate

Isn't it because the marshals have jurisdiction pretty much everywhere? Gotta be easier than trying to contact a bunch of local PDs.

Also if a bunch of US Marshals are looking for you, you done hosed up.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Dec 29, 2015

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Oh yeah if you're on probation or parole you're almost always subject to search of your person/property by any law enforcement without any kind of probable cause. There's a million ways to violate someone (hanging out with other felons is always a good one). You definitely lose any benefit of the doubt.

What line of work are you in? Law enforcement?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

B-Rock452 posted:

I work as a parole officer and previously worked 6 years in juvenile probaton. And oddly enough in my state that isn't exactly true. Cops can't call is with info in order to circumvent needing a warrant but if a random person calls and refuses to leave their name we can search...

Ah figures it would vary by state. I'm guessing people on parole/probation don't make too much noise though because they know it's relatively simple to send them back to the clink if they really act like a hardon. Is being in a place that serves alcohol enough to violate in your state?

haljordan fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Dec 30, 2015

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

RaySmuckles posted:

nah, i say we guillotine him.

Just let the families of the people he murdered have like, eight minutes alone with him in a locked room. Blunt objects only.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

TEAYCHES posted:

Wow, this kind of attitude is what's wrong with the "justice" system in America.

I said "blunt objects only", I'm not Gandhi for gently caress's sake.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Apparently they won a three day injunction to stay in Mexico lol. What a waste of time.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

It's pretty funny that this kid is fighting so hard to stay in Mexico. I hope they throw him in a real prison for like, ten minutes.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Axolotl posted:

You think this chump won't gently caress up and violate his probation? He's done it once already and compounded his poo poo stupid decision by fleeing the country with his mommy.
He's a spoiled mama's boy; he'll gently caress up somehow and wind up in prison.

Yeah he'll obviously commit some other felony like, they day after he's eligible to be tried as an adult.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Khorne posted:

If he had just not ran he would face 0 days in prison and it'd be fair and normal. Instead they took the stupidest loving course of action possible that their lawyer advised against.

It's even better because they literally have no defense. They are going to loving bury the mom and just bide their time until Junior screws up again.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Khorne posted:

I do not even understand how the law is supposed to deal with this poo poo. The judge should just walk off the bench and slap him so hard he falls on his rear end, and after standing there for a few minutes he should just do it again. Like, what do you do when someone runs from... nothing... it is blowing my mind. This is like some made up "Dumb and Dumber" or "The Stupids" style series of events but it's actually happening.

Also, what was the end game supposed to be? Just hide out illegally in Mexico forever?

Oh and their lawyers aren't licensed in Mexico so they have to find some local shysters to handle the kid's case lmao

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Darth123123 posted:

Mexican jails are good bc they aren't US ones

Lol if you think you'd last longer than five minutes in a Mexican prison.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 1, 2016

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

revmoo posted:

I rather go to prison in Mexico than Louisiana

Alright, fair enough. What's the big joint down there? Angola?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

down n out posted:

That combat Marine that got out of Mexican prison on illegal firearm charges not too long ago tried to commit suicide with a broken lightbulb.

Yeah when it looked like Dog the Bounty Hunter might actually have to do time there he flat out admitted to being beyond scared shitless.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Postmastergeneral posted:

Which form of discipline is best to prevent "affluenza?" I believe i have moderate to severe affluenza myself and have fears that my own children will develop this terrible disease.

I figure if you had hit this kid upside the thinkpiece with a brick a coupla times, most of these problems would've been avoided.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

fleeing to mexico is like emergency bug out say goodbye to everyone because you murdered people and the cops are after you poo poo lol I can't believe they'd burn that card on a potential probation violation

then you're supposed to keep going dumbasses not just park in Puerto Vallarta lmao

These two are just a couple of rich morons. They have no idea how to actually survive off the grid. That dipshit kid probably thought dying his rape beard a darker color was a stroke of genius. The main problem with fleeing like that is money. Even if they brought a shitload of cash, they're eventually going to need more. And good luck trying to get any without the Marshals or the FBI tracing that poo poo.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Plus, even if there were no guns, his US lawyers aren't licensed to practice in Mexico. They still would probably have to hire someone local anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

TheWhiteNightmare posted:

Is there something prohibiting an American lawyer from getting a Mexican license? I imagine that'd be pretty popular for lawyers in states along the border.

I mean, it's an entirely different country. I'd imagine it's a bit tougher than just sitting for the bar exam in a new state.

• Locked thread