Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

Mr. Maggy posted:

So basically I made all the wrong choices

Cool

Im maining Jessica Jones. well gently caress it i got her 4 star so far. plus she's new. I'm either hoping the next update gives you new content related to her im just gonna shell out what i need to shell out to just 6 star the ol girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Deciding between Rocket and Daisy for a free blaster.

Also, best way to earn crystals is doing the pvp? gently caress fighting 3 bosses at once. What the hell game?

You don't have to win, or even actively play. It autoplays itself. Just fight dudes with worse teams than you. Get your honour tokens, get your 7/7 dailies. Always do everything cos theres only like 3 modes you need to manually play.

Cptain Amazing
Feb 4, 2008
Thats Gold
Applied to doctor goons as cptainamazing

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Applied to Doctor Goons as Prel.

^ turns out after 2k+ hours in MH you don't have to ever feel shame about anything in video games again!

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Two months to get Biometrics to 6-star a hero and god knows how many Norn stones for mastery seems like a lot, but holy poo poo if the game doesn't throw energy at you to grind with. Between XP refills, extra energy from quests, a free daily refill, Assemble points and all, I don't think I've had top put the game down due to lack of energy since I started, and I still have a 100 energy refill in the mail.

Also, is it better to roll for flat or percentage increases in gear? The first ones seem pretty equivalent, but logic says that percentage based ones should be better in the long run.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Fat Samurai posted:

Also, is it better to roll for flat or percentage increases in gear? The first ones seem pretty equivalent, but logic says that percentage based ones should be better in the long run.
Percentage increase for the first option slot, flat ones for the rest. The flat bonuses increase with higher slots but the percentage–based ones remain the same.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

MMAgCh posted:

Percentage increase for the first option slot, flat ones for the rest. The flat bonuses increase with higher slots but the percentage–based ones remain the same.

Shouldn't the effect of the percentage based ones increase as your level goes up? It says "by level" in the bonus but it's an mobile game, so poo poo not working as it says it does doesn't surprise me.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
It means that if you have a 50% bonus, and you're level 40, you'll get +20 attack. It scales literally off your level.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Ok, so basically a flat bonus of 30 is better than 50% will ever be. I can see why from the second up it's better to have flat bonuses.

Thanks for the help, both of you.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Need to wait one day before joining Dr Goons, stupid cool down.

Note it is a good idea to keep most of your reserve heroes at 3* and raise them to 6* in one go by banking bios.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

If you want to Battleworld with them, yes. You need 4* heroes for team up play and the rewards for that are pretty awesome.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Drythe posted:

If you want to Battleworld with them, yes. You need 4* heroes for team up play and the rewards for that are pretty awesome.

Speaking of Team-Up play, can someone go in depth about it? I did it once but I was half asleep at the time :v:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

You pick one hero and team up with two more players and fight a boss. If you die you revive in 10 seconds, if everyone dies you lose. Each boss has their own environmental hazards. You get more rewards for having a higher whale level.

I think that's it at least. I haven't had all three characters die so I am just assuming on that part.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Drythe posted:

You pick one hero and team up with two more players and fight a boss. If you die you revive in 10 seconds, if everyone dies you lose. Each boss has their own environmental hazards. You get more rewards for having a higher whale level.

I think that's it at least. I haven't had all three characters die so I am just assuming on that part.

Yeah that is how it works. You also have to active play.

Just hope you don't get teamed with pubbies that do not know what they are doing.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

If you want to be a jerk, I think you can kick everyone until you get two 6-star teammates and then leech off them. The mod at /r/futurefight kicks every Giant Man he sees because he just hates Dr Captain Pym that much, so it's a real dog-eat-dog world.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

This game is hilariously convoluted, but I'm enjoying myself. Applied to Doctor Goons as Porzingis.

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

You can follow 50 people on Google+ to fulfill the 50 Facebook allies thing and get 1000 free crystals.

On Android you just tap the green controller icon on the home screen and view the leaderboards via the crown icon. Load any leaderboard and view all. Now just individually click on 50 random asian dudes and add them to one of your follow circles -- you don't have to be accepted by them or anything. Get back into the game, tap the allies button and enjoy your free stuff without having to humiliate yourself on your actual Facebook account.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

sakeyake posted:

You can follow 50 people on Google+ to fulfill the 50 Facebook allies thing and get 1000 free crystals.

On Android you just tap the green controller icon on the home screen and view the leaderboards via the crown icon. Load any leaderboard and view all. Now just individually click on 50 random asian dudes and add them to one of your follow circles -- you don't have to be accepted by them or anything. Get back into the game, tap the allies button and enjoy your free stuff without having to humiliate yourself on your actual Facebook account.

Now that's pretty awesome. Good suggestion sir.

And to the question way above, save auto ranks for chars that are hard to farm.

I'll add the farming character spreadsheet to the OP ASAP.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Sent a request to Doctor Goons as FiddlerSA, because apparently "Fat" is a bad word.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Ok this poo poo confused the gently caress out of me, so hopefully it will help you people.

Type damage, when you are rolling your slot 1 gear, get whatever damage type it says on your damage sheet.

Where it was confusing is people like Ultron, who are Energy damage, but they have a skill that said Physical. The skill that says Physical would use his physical damage stat right? Wrong. It still uses his energy damage stat, because that makes sense.

So look at the character and get whatever stat is listed on the left side

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010
sent a request to doctor goons as RoshamboX

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

sakeyake posted:

I dipped my toe in and added 10 random asian dudes to a circle, but the 10 facebook friends thing didn't unlock. Did I miss a step? Does it take awhile to work?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

What happens if I pick a character I already own with a selector? Do I get the Biothingies?

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

punchymcpunch posted:

I dipped my toe in and added 10 random asian dudes to a circle, but the 10 facebook friends thing didn't unlock. Did I miss a step? Does it take awhile to work?

For me the trophies triggered as soon as I checked my allies after adding people. Are Google and Facebook connected to your FF account? It should see any players you add.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
So what's a good mix of heroes to have as your main group? I've been focusing on a team with synergies (Right now MODOK, Red Skull and Captain America), but I found out during the current Alliance battle that I have literally no speed heroes leveled up. Lots of Combat, lots of Blast, and a couple of universal, but I don't even have a single speed hero at 3 stars.

Should I just throw everything into boosting a speed character, or is a mix of combat and blast good for now?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

punchymcpunch posted:

Open google+ on your phone, click settings, tap your account, Apps with Google+ sign-in, Future Fight, make sure it can see all circles.

Restart your game

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

mangler103 posted:

So what's a good mix of heroes to have as your main group? I've been focusing on a team with synergies (Right now MODOK, Red Skull and Captain America), but I found out during the current Alliance battle that I have literally no speed heroes leveled up. Lots of Combat, lots of Blast, and a couple of universal, but I don't even have a single speed hero at 3 stars.

Should I just throw everything into boosting a speed character, or is a mix of combat and blast good for now?

You will want to get at least one speed guy. Spidey or DD are both top choices and Sharon Carter would would fit with your Captain America.

Edit: Doctor Goons is full. If a spot opens up I'll post about it. Thinking 5 days is a long enough not logging in to kick people.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Dec 7, 2015

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

punchymcpunch posted:

You have to jerk each other off.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
So what's the most efficient way to level? I've got a bunch of guys in the mid-low 30s and it feels like I'm spending a ton of resources just getting them up one level.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

mangler103 posted:

So what's the most efficient way to level? I've got a bunch of guys in the mid-low 30s and it feels like I'm spending a ton of resources just getting them up one level.

Do the highest level story and special missions you feel comfortable in taking on in a timely manner at 3 stars (and try to combine it with the farming you want to do). Do the highest level Daily Missions you can for your allowance. Level up your Warp Device and send your team to the highest missions they can do. Do your Bonus Missions and Villain Sieges and Alliance Battles for that small stream of EXP Chips.

You can hard reset your app to keep Best Condition indefinitely if you do it before your team's used it up (so at 8 or 9 missions, instead of using the full 10 Best Condition gives you).

Up to you if you soak up every last point while farming the low level bios on your main team or if you spread it around. I like to use the early chapters to bring up my extended roster. Just keep at it, in any case. Game's a marathon.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

sakeyake posted:

For me the trophies triggered as soon as I checked my allies after adding people. Are Google and Facebook connected to your FF account? It should see any players you add.

Drythe posted:

Open google+ on your phone, click settings, tap your account, Apps with Google+ sign-in, Future Fight, make sure it can see all circles.

Restart your game

godface zillah posted:

You have to jerk each other off.

Thanks guys. If anyone else has the same problem, I waited half an hour or so, and they unlocked after I did a mission.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Fat Samurai posted:

I still have a 100 energy refill in the mail.

Go ahead and grab those every time they show up. Your energy will exceed your max. I'm sitting at 1,024/55 Energy right now.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Do you guys use your exp chips to catch people up or to force-feed your main team?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Kheldarn posted:

Go ahead and grab those every time they show up. Your energy will exceed your max. I'm sitting at 1,024/55 Energy right now.

If you have that much energy stockpiled you probably don't play enough for it to matter, but you miss out on the daily free energy recharge and also just regular energy recharging if you don't at least run your energy below its max

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

A guy on reddit once posted that you'd have to play for about 8 hours a day to burn through all the energy and stuff they throw at you. (not counting just burning tickets)

From what I've seen that is pretty drat spot on.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

A guy on reddit once posted that you'd have to play for about 8 hours a day to burn through all the energy and stuff they throw at you. (not counting just burning tickets)

From what I've seen that is pretty drat spot on.

I don't know, I've found myself short of energy quite a bit the last couple of days. I'm definitely not putting in eight hours. Even with autoplay.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I whaled and paid like a whole $10 and got the Nico pack from the shop and she's super rad. Can't wait to get her maxed out and I'm looking forward to seeing what her new costume does when it's added.

Also managed to grind my way to getting Loki and I think I might be doing a magic team if there's someone else to throw in alongside Nico and Loki who works well. Doctor Strange isn't in this yet is he?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Depends what you spend your energy on. These bonus xp 3 energy story mode events will take hours to burn up your energy, but if you go for 14 energy rifts you can probably only play 30-40 stages a day.

No Dr Strange yet. I guess maybe Ghost Rider shoots magic motorcycles at people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Kheldarn posted:

Don't you get reset back to your maximum Energy value when you gain a SHIELD level, losing the entire surplus? I could swear the game used to do that, at least.

• Locked thread