Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
watching his star trek films again. i like them, they're fun. why wouldn't anyone think his star wars films are gonna rock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
at least his prop department is on par with the presequels. i cant wait to see which feminine hygiene product doubles as a futuristic gizmo

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Make Cloverfield 2 you hack piece of poo poo

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo7_qW4pPrc

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

LegoPirateNinja posted:

at least his prop department is on par with the presequels. i cant wait to see which feminine hygiene product doubles as a futuristic gizmo
Miniature hand grenade tampax, I reckon.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
all star trek and star wars past present and future suck.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I like the Startrek where Picard cries about the little flute.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Mr. Unlucky posted:

all star trek and star wars past present and future suck.

jesus, youre an insufferable human being, kil you are self

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Tarantino should have directed the new star wars

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

what Kind of name is j j

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

Zzulu posted:

pt anderson w a script by charlie kaufman imo

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

gay gay abrams

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
How well do star wars fans over lap with convicted pedophiles? I know with star trek it's about 1:1.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Harrower posted:

How well do star wars fans over lap with convicted pedophiles? I know with star trek it's about 1:1.

That's only because so many of the star trek fans count as two and three people!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
ah nice another jj abrams thread

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

The movie looks pretty good if you ask me, I like the lightsabers whoooosh whooosh

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Sheep-Goats posted:

that one episode is better than anything else that star wars has ever done cumulatively

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Star Trek is for children and adults who prey on children

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
I hope that he somehow works some scientology into the star Wars movie

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

sluggo is mad posted:

watching his star trek films again. i like them, they're fun. why wouldn't anyone think his star wars films are gonna rock

I thought his second one was total poo poo. The first one was fun but the second kinda made me look back on the first one and judge it more harshly. Like I could see the poo poo shining thru the cracks

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

jjabroni more like

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Startrek is gay whereas star wars owns and is for actually cool kids so i think ep 7 will prob own bones welp cya

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Drunkboxer posted:

I thought his second one was total poo poo. The first one was fun but the second kinda made me look back on the first one and judge it more harshly. Like I could see the poo poo shining thru the cracks

The poo poo is shiny cuz it's jj and lens flairs lmfao.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

thathonkey posted:

Startrek is gay whereas star wars owns and is for actually cool kids so i think ep 7 will prob own bones welp cya

sorry to tell you this but its all nerd poo poo for nerds

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Son of Rodney posted:

sorry to tell you this but its all nerd poo poo for nerds

dont be sorry. i mean not for that at least. you have bigger fish to fry

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
hes no pewdiepie

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Zzulu posted:

Scene: Chewbacca is plunging a captured stormtrooper's head into a toilet, then pulling him out and screaming in his ear. Han Solo is snorting space coke in the foreground while shrieking into a space cellphone. Surf rock blares incongruously from the radio on the shelf next to a light-up space dildo.

HAN: I SAID HE KNEW WHAT WAS GOING DOWN OKAY JABBA KNEW OKAY MOTHERFUCKER NOW I DON'T KNOW WHO TOLD HIM MOTHERFUCKER BUT THAT MOTHERFUCKER WAS ALL OVER THAT loving poo poo (snorts cocaine off the barrel of his laser gun)

STORMTROOPER: PPPBBBBTTT JUST LET ME GO MAN gently caress I DON'T (splash)

The door slams open. Han and Chewie leap to their feet and whip around with weapons drawn. Standing in the doorway is a black-robed figure. The camera pushes in. A lightsaber springs out, revealing the face of Luke Skywalker. He pops a cigarette into his mouth and lights it on the edge of the lightsaber.

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf

Sheep-Goats posted:

i cri evrytiem

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
star wars is already hosed so he has nothing to lose and everything to gain. ive never seen any of his work so im totally unbiased and will make a judgement on his lifes work 2 weeks from now.

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
Why does everyone think he directed Cloverfield?

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

hopefully star wars will be more than just

*lens flare*

*shaky cam*

*lens flare*

*repeat*

but i'm not getting my hopes up

GastonEatTheEggs
Nov 7, 2012

wiffle ball bat posted:

pt anderson w a script by charlie kaufman imo

rian johnson being writer and director for episode 8 is as close as you could possibly get to that

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

he made khan white and showed whats her name in her underpants

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

I have it on good authority episode 9 is written and directed by tommy wiseau

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
jar jar abrams

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
If there's any project you can walk up to with total confidence that you just can't gently caress it up worse than it already is, it's Star Wars after the prequels

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010
He's the bad kind of good.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
EVERYTHING SUCKS AND I CAN PROVE IT

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I don't get the hate for Indiana Jones The Crystal Skull. It wasn't bad and it wasn't any less tedious than the originals.

Nerd culture hates recent sequels to "classic" properties. Sometimes before they get released, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
I look forward to people enjoying spending a lot of money on the new Star Wars movie so they can talk about how much they enjoyed the new Star Wars movie and I can post about them like What? The new SJJW movie? You enjoyed that? And then I will lean back all smug as poo poo and won't even need the touch of a woman.

Aw Yeah.

• Locked thread