Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/move-aside-millennials-lets-talk-gen-z-nikki-sun

quote:

While marketers have been trying to decode the Millennial generation for years, Gen Z has been overlooked. Millennials are aging and it is time to shift the focus onto influencing the nation’s teenagers. According to the Boston Globe, Gen Z has tremendous purchasing power and consists of those who are currently under 20 years of age. At 82 million, this generation is roughly the same size as the Millennial generation and has about $44 billion to spend. Gen Z’s are radically different from previous generations because they were born into an age of technology and only know a life with the internet. While Millennials share their lives on social media, Gen Z’s live and breathe through social media, often saying “if you didn’t post it, it didn’t happen.” They are constantly connected to the digital world, digesting content every minute of the day and aware of every move that their friends make. With multiple mobile devices, Gen Z’s have mastered the art of multi-tasking, as they can be having a conversation with a parent while texting a friend and snapchatting in between.

Gen Z’s aren’t interested in being mainstream. They embrace diversity and desire to be different, unique, and the first to find the new trend. Being tech savvy, they are experts at using the internet as a tool to research and treasure hunt. Endless amounts of information provide endless opportunities, leading to an especially creative and entrepreneurial generation. Social media platforms like Instagram have influenced this generation to be extremely visual. They are experience-driven, drawn to aesthetically pleasing GoPro photos and beautiful cinematography through short videos. Curious about the lives of others, they follow famous influencers to tap into aspirational lifestyles. Gen Z’s are thrifty, as they do not spend large amounts of money on expensive brands. After watching their parents and older siblings struggle to find jobs during the recession, Gen Z’s became value conscious and independent.

With their need to be different, ability to customize the information that they receive, and value-conscious spending habits, Gen Z poses a great challenge for marketers. Traditional forms of advertising are no longer effective on this generation because Gen Z’s will not feed into direct messaging. This generation needs to be inspired and feel personally connected to a brand in order to purchase it. Marketers must shy away from advertisements and instead create content that Gen Z’s can interact with, learn new information from, and be entertained by. If brands can successfully engage with Gen Z through content marketing, Gen Z will share the content with their friends and family. Gen Z’s have a powerful ability to influence those whom they are connected to, which brands can leverage to their advantage.

Brands like Taco Bell have done extensive research and deep digging to understand the Gen Z consumer. According to AdAge, Melissa Friebe, Taco Bell’s VP of Insights Lab found that “They’ve become even more empowered, entrepreneurial and just creative.” In response, Taco Bell has created innovative content around cultural movements that resonate with Gen Z, such as “promposals,” periscope live streaming, and food mashups. The company is not afraid to try new things, surprise, and delight consumers. This is the kind of creativity that Gen Z appreciates and responds to. As Gen Z ages, behaviors and preferences will continue to evolve and it is the job of marketers to evolve with them. Brands should continue to think outside of the box, reach Gen Z from new angles, and continue to deliver engaging messages.

#BabsonPerspective

#StudentVoices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Just imagine that, instead of words, this post is a long scream of agony.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

So these people are millenials, but shittier?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

so wait, i'm Gen Z now?

i don't like this. i prefer being a millennial, especially since the Gen Z description doesn't fit me at all.

HollywoodDialysis
Jan 19, 2005

not doing nothing
Grimey Drawer
Taco Bell shill account spotted.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006
If the two who live in my house are representative of the group, Generation Z really likes Thomas the Tank engine but dislikes Eating their Vegetables.

Let's share what other insight we have about this mysterious group!

Yudo
May 15, 2003

god drat kids today and their skateboards are the best argument against gun control.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

i digest content every loving minute of every loving day

i just digest content

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
makes video of dorito mt dew mashup

"entrepreneurial"

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
every generation is the same hope this helps

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Turns out crib death was always good and should have been more widely practiced.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
you think they'll be a ton of articles written by middle aged millennials bitching endlessly about gen z's "inability to adapt to the work place because theyre arrogant" in 20 years?

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
A voice cries from the wilderness of the North

LostCosmonaut posted:

So these people are millenials, but shittier?

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Dec 5, 2015

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Chinatown posted:

every generation is the same hope this helps
every generation hates the next generation

i'm already bitter at Gen Z so yeah

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
haha holy poo poo

http://www.socialmarketing.org/newsletter/features/generation3.htm

quote:

Generation X
Born: 1966-1976
Coming of Age: 1988-1994
Age in 2004: 28 to 38
Current Population: 41 million
Sometimes referred to as the “lost” generation, this was the first generation of “latchkey” kids, exposed to lots of daycare and divorce. Known as the generation with the lowest voting participation rate of any generation, Gen Xers were quoted by Newsweek as “the generation that dropped out without ever turning on the news or tuning in to the social issues around them.”

Gen X is often characterized by high levels of skepticism, “what’s in it for me” attitudes and a reputation for some of the worst music to ever gain popularity. Now, moving into adulthood William Morrow (Generations) cited the childhood divorce of many Gen Xers as “one of the most decisive experiences influencing how Gen Xers will shape their own families”.

Gen Xers are arguably the best educated generation with 29% obtaining a bachelor’s degree or higher (6% higher than the previous cohort). And, with that education and a growing maturity they are starting to form families with a higher level of caution and pragmatism than their parents demonstrated. Concerns run high over avoiding broken homes, kids growing up without a parent around and financial planning.

Generation Y, Echo Boomers or Millenniums
Born: 1977-1994
Coming of Age: 1998-2006
Age in 2004: 10 to 22
Current Population: 71 million
The largest cohort since the Baby Boomers, their high numbers reflect their births as that of their parent generation..the last of the Boomer Is and most of the Boomer II s. Gen Y kids are known as incredibly sophisticated, technology wise, immune to most traditional marketing and sales pitches...as they not only grew up with it all, they’ve seen it all and been exposed to it all since early childhood.

Gen Y members are much more racially and ethnically diverse and they are much more segmented as an audience aided by the rapid expansion in Cable TV channels, satellite radio, the Internet, e-zines, etc.

Gen Y are less brand loyal and the speed of the Internet has led the cohort to be similarly flexible and changing in its fashion, style consciousness and where and how it is communicated with.

Gen Y kids often raised in dual income or single parent families have been more involved in family purchases...everything from groceries to new cars. One in nine Gen Yers has a credit card co-signed by a parent.

Generation Z
Born: 1995-2012
Coming of Age: 2013-2020
Age in 2004: 0-9
Current Population: 23 million and growing rapidly
While we don’t know much about Gen Z yet...we know a lot about the environment they are growing up in. This highly diverse environment will make the grade schools of the next generation the most diverse ever. Higher levels of technology will make significant inroads in academics allowing for customized instruction, data mining of student histories to enable pinpoint diagnostics and remediation or accelerated achievement opportunities.

Gen Z kids will grow up with a highly sophisticated media and computer environment and will be more Internet savvy and expert than their Gen Y forerunners. More to come on Gen Z...stay tuned.

Next time we will start to take a more in-depth look at the most significant and impactful of the generational cohorts and what implications there might be for libraries and librarians.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
so uh

what the literal gently caress are they going to call the next generation

like who was the dipshit who decided to start this whole thing with one of the last letters in the alphabet

also generational poo poo is stupid because all it really affects are marketers who want kids to grow up to have a relationship with loving, toilet paper or something

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
marketers have no idea how to reach anyone and any successes they have are a luck-based result of their flailing in the dark

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i gotta assume they'll at least be better than millennials

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Parallax Scroll posted:

i gotta assume they'll at least be better than millennials
you loving wish

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
heh...more like candy-rear end crush...back in my day we played real games like battletoads, no free lunches then no siree, heh bet you loving kids don't even know how to manually configure config.sys and autoexec.bat...pathetic

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

marketers have no idea how to reach anyone and any successes they have are a luck-based result of their flailing in the dark

you're trying to tell me america's youth cannot actually have a tender intimacy with the Swiffer WetJet?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dave Concepcion posted:

heh...more like candy-rear end crush...back in my day we played real games like battletoads, no free lunches then no siree, heh bet you loving kids don't even know how to manually configure config.sys and autoexec.bat...pathetic
did you burn down a church yet because if not don't even talk to me

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Melissa Friebe, Taco Bell’s VP of Insights Lab

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Marketers should be shot and marketing majors should be beaten, soundly and about the head

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

symbolic posted:

did you burn down a church yet because if not don't even talk to me

why would I burn down a church? Jesus Christ is my lord and savior

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

hmm, it almost seems as if categorizing people into discrete generations is dumb and that someone born in 1994 and 1999 are not going to have grown-up in radically different circumstances.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dave Concepcion posted:

why would I burn down a church? Jesus Christ is my lord and savior
shut the gently caress up dave concepcion

whatevz
Sep 22, 2013

I lack the most basic processes inherent in all living organisms: reproducing and dying.
FTFY

While soul leeches have been trying to decode Snake people for years, tweeny boppers don't matter because they're not real people. Snake people are molting and it is time to shift the focus onto manipulating the nation’s tweeny boppers. According to some poo poo print, tweeny boppers have their parents' money and consist of those who cannot currently purchase alcohol. At 82 million, this generation is roughly the same size as the annual amount of aborted Chinese fetuses and has about $44 billion that isn't theirs to to spend on stupid poo poo that even a hoarder would admit as a waste. Teeny boppers think they are radically different from previous generations because they were born into an age of poo poo posting and only know a life with Web 2.0. While Snake people share their stupid ugly loving baby on social media, Teeny boppers live and mouth breathe through unspoiled media , often thinking its cool and hip to say “if you didn’t post it, it didn’t happen.” They are constantly looking at their phone, regurgitating unoriginal content every painful worthless minute of the loving wasted day and thibk theyre aware of every cuck that their moms make. With multiple iphones, Teeny boppers have ADHD and Adderall , as they can be not listening to a parent while sexting an online friend a/s/l 13/female/India and snapchatting their genitalia to their PE teacher.  

Gen Z’s aren’t interested in being . They pretend to embrace diversity and have conditioned to have a life crushing need to feel inportant, special, and the first to start the circlejerk. Being really good at typing searches into Google, they are lovely at using the internet as a tool to research and treasure hunt for the latest Kim Kardashian vagina Easter egg. Endless amounts of information and endless opportunities are wasted, leading to an especially uncreative and worthless generation. Social media platforms like Instagram have influenced this generation to post dick pics, lovely food, and more stupid babies. They are mindlessly pop culture driven, drawn to le edgy GoPro photos and really overlighted gagfest cinematography through PewDiPie retwets . Voyeuristuc about poo poo that ain't their loving business, they follow Bruce "Catelyn" Jenner to tap into aspbergational man clits. Teeny boppers are stupid, as they spend large amounts of money on retarded "independent" brands. After hating their stupid technologically incompetent parents and older siblings struggle to find jobs during the recession, Teeny boppers became self-conscious and dependent on psychological drugs.  

With their need to be gay, inability to decipher, criticize, or handle the information that they they don't like, and environmentally-conscious spending habits, Teeny boppers poses a challenge for soul leeches. Traditional forms of advertising are no longer effective on this generation because Teeny boppers only like what their friends like. This generation need to think their individuals and feel personally brown nosed by a brand in order to make their parents buy it. Soul leeches must shy away from commercials and instead create content that Gen Z’s can show tots on, quote atupid poo poo from, and be fellated by. If brands can successfully fingerbang Teeny boppers through their organically grown hemp panties from the mountains of Nepal, Teeny boppers will bukkake the content with their friends and family.Teeny boppers have a mind magic to jerk off those whom they have seen Dickson from, which brands can then talk into anal.

Brands like AssReaper have caused mass obesity and dig deep to understand the Teeny boppers tight little hole. According to some stupid company, some stupid bitch , Taco Bell’s 2009 MVP of tugjobs found that “They’ve become even more stupid, undisciplined, and just uncreative with their holes.” In response, rear end Reaper has created poo poo content around libtard movements that resonate with Teeny boppers, such as “what ” cam girl fucks burrito streaming, and rear end to mouth food mashups. The quivering pussy of a business is afraid to try get a bad tweet, whip out their dick, and delight fatties. This is the kind of rear end pounding that Teeny boppers appreciate and cum to. As Teeny boppers face reality, dicks and clits will continue to evolve and it is the job of plastic surgeons in Bangkok to evolve with them. Names on a box should continue to practice deep throating, reach around Teeny boppers from new angles, and continue to swallow like a good little bitch. 

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I hope Generation Z has to fight in a huge war while I, a millenial, get to stay at home.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
So....who wants to come and lynch every single person in marketing with me? Just string 'em from telephone poles!

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

symbolic posted:

shut the gently caress up dave concepcion

god bless.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Advertising is just a bunch of people making new elaborate justifications for putting a picture of a celebrity holding their product on a billboard, i'm pretty sure

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

symbolic posted:

so wait, i'm Gen Z now?

i don't like this. i prefer being a millennial, especially since the Gen Z description doesn't fit me at all.

yeah buddy it sucks :(

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I'm the marketing graduate who confuses "creative" with "lazy piece of poo poo"

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Also that's a whole lot of words to say Gen Zs spend a lot of time on facebook and instagram

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
i'm surprised literally every marketer hasn't noticed that old spice's nonsense is the only good marketing campaign of the 21st century

when they do notice it, i'm just gonna laugh at them when they don't notice that it doesn't actually mean they sell anything

also why the literal gently caress does coca-cola still have commercials, poo poo is more ubiquitous than water

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

What fresh unwashed hell is this bullshit?

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Gyra_Solune posted:

so uh

what the literal gently caress are they going to call the next generation

like who was the dipshit who decided to start this whole thing with one of the last letters in the alphabet

also generational poo poo is stupid because all it really affects are marketers who want kids to grow up to have a relationship with loving, toilet paper or something

they'll start back at Gen AA

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

pleasecallmechrist posted:

FTFY

While soul leeches have been trying to decode Snake people for years, tweeny boppers don't matter because they're not real people. Snake people are molting and it is time to shift the focus onto manipulating the nation’s tweeny boppers. According to some poo poo print, tweeny boppers have their parents' money and consist of those who cannot currently purchase alcohol. At 82 million, this generation is roughly the same size as the annual amount of aborted Chinese fetuses and has about $44 billion that isn't theirs to to spend on stupid poo poo that even a hoarder would admit as a waste. Teeny boppers think they are radically different from previous generations because they were born into an age of poo poo posting and only know a life with Web 2.0. While Snake people share their stupid ugly loving baby on social media, Teeny boppers live and mouth breathe through unspoiled media , often thinking its cool and hip to say “if you didn’t post it, it didn’t happen.” They are constantly looking at their phone, regurgitating unoriginal content every painful worthless minute of the loving wasted day and thibk theyre aware of every cuck that their moms make. With multiple iphones, Teeny boppers have ADHD and Adderall , as they can be not listening to a parent while sexting an online friend a/s/l 13/female/India and snapchatting their genitalia to their PE teacher.  

Gen Z’s aren’t interested in being . They pretend to embrace diversity and have conditioned to have a life crushing need to feel inportant, special, and the first to start the circlejerk. Being really good at typing searches into Google, they are lovely at using the internet as a tool to research and treasure hunt for the latest Kim Kardashian vagina Easter egg. Endless amounts of information and endless opportunities are wasted, leading to an especially uncreative and worthless generation. Social media platforms like Instagram have influenced this generation to post dick pics, lovely food, and more stupid babies. They are mindlessly pop culture driven, drawn to le edgy GoPro photos and really overlighted gagfest cinematography through PewDiPie retwets . Voyeuristuc about poo poo that ain't their loving business, they follow Bruce "Catelyn" Jenner to tap into aspbergational man clits. Teeny boppers are stupid, as they spend large amounts of money on retarded "independent" brands. After hating their stupid technologically incompetent parents and older siblings struggle to find jobs during the recession, Teeny boppers became self-conscious and dependent on psychological drugs.  

With their need to be gay, inability to decipher, criticize, or handle the information that they they don't like, and environmentally-conscious spending habits, Teeny boppers poses a challenge for soul leeches. Traditional forms of advertising are no longer effective on this generation because Teeny boppers only like what their friends like. This generation need to think their individuals and feel personally brown nosed by a brand in order to make their parents buy it. Soul leeches must shy away from commercials and instead create content that Gen Z’s can show tots on, quote atupid poo poo from, and be fellated by. If brands can successfully fingerbang Teeny boppers through their organically grown hemp panties from the mountains of Nepal, Teeny boppers will bukkake the content with their friends and family.Teeny boppers have a mind magic to jerk off those whom they have seen Dickson from, which brands can then talk into anal.

Brands like AssReaper have caused mass obesity and dig deep to understand the Teeny boppers tight little hole. According to some stupid company, some stupid bitch , Taco Bell’s 2009 MVP of tugjobs found that “They’ve become even more stupid, undisciplined, and just uncreative with their holes.” In response, rear end Reaper has created poo poo content around libtard movements that resonate with Teeny boppers, such as “what ” cam girl fucks burrito streaming, and rear end to mouth food mashups. The quivering pussy of a business is afraid to try get a bad tweet, whip out their dick, and delight fatties. This is the kind of rear end pounding that Teeny boppers appreciate and cum to. As Teeny boppers face reality, dicks and clits will continue to evolve and it is the job of plastic surgeons in Bangkok to evolve with them. Names on a box should continue to practice deep throating, reach around Teeny boppers from new angles, and continue to swallow like a good little bitch. 

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
how the heck is the iphone generation resistant to marketing??

• Locked thread