Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Peep combat card 1.
Hire Troll.
Purchase Magic Room, place it at C3.

Production:
Use Magic Room with 1 Troll and 1 Imp. :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat
the troll and the magic room? That's totally bonkers and rude. In that case I'll pick up the witch and the trap room.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Sorry, things are a bit hectic today and I'm still learning my way around running a new game. And then imgur shat itself trying to upload things, so that was great.

Everyone's orders go off! Appropriate secret info PMmed.

The adventurers line up in order Istvun, Broken Loose, burger time, Tekopo

YEAR 1 ROUND 2

Istvun is now starting player!

3 Monsters are drawn: Troll, Goblin, Ghost.
2 Rooms are drawn: Souvenir Shop, Mint.

Adventurers are drawn!

The second Event is revealed as Event - Rats (Each player loses half Food, rounded down).

Action Queue
- All players: PM me your three cards for the round.
- Please include the round number in the subject of your PM!
- To clarify: the turn order below is the order in which cards will be revealed / the start token will move.
- Please let me know if I've hosed anything up!

Istvun (Blue)
Imps: 3 | Food: 2 | Gold: 3 | Traps: 0 | Captures: 0 | Blocked Actions: Hire Monster / Improve Reputation | Monsters: Witch
Broken Loose (Red)
Imps: 4 | Food: 0 | Gold: 2 | Traps: 0 | Captures: 0 | Blocked Actions: Hire Monster / Buy Room | Monsters: Troll
Tekopo (Green)
Imps: 5 | Food: 1 | Gold: 4 | Traps: 0 | Captures: 0 | Blocked Actions: Dig Tunnels / Recruit Imps | Monsters: None!
burger time (Yellow)
Imps: 4 | Food: 2 | Gold: 5 | Traps: 1 | Captures: 0 | Blocked Actions: Mine Gold / Recruit Imps | Monsters: None!

Stelas fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Dec 9, 2015

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
The first set of adventurers aren't assigned until spring :kiddo:

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Dicks! Let me just restore the old set. That lot will stand as the current set.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

All fixed. Sorry, for some reason I thought you used all 12 adventurers. I mean, if you weren't all wusses maybe you would.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Stelas posted:

All fixed. Sorry, for some reason I thought you used all 12 adventurers. I mean, if you weren't all wusses maybe you would.

Without a pet? What are you, mad?

Bacon In A Wok
Jan 27, 2014
Alright, might as well kibitz on overall play.

Broken Loose has picked up first choice of room and first choice of monsters, and gets a card peek. Not a bad start at all for Year 1 Winter. Not sure I like the pairing of Troll+Recruitment though - it makes for a very hefty food drain in a Spring season where everyone has something of an incentive to slot Food.

Istvun snagged second choice of three solid monsters and grabbed a room with a slot 1 play. An audacious move that paid off. The trick for Spring and Summer will be building out the rest of the engine to match, but the baseline is there.

burger time is playing conservatively, assembling the resources needed for (hopefully) a stronger play later. 5 gold at end of Winter is quite solid, but future fortunes will depend on Monster+Room flips at the right time to make the raw resources go the distance. The initial Spring flip is... not that promising.

Tekopo... reveals why I personally like to alternate Mine/Dig actions, rather than going both at the same time. At least Mine isn't locked, and there are options for later in the year (especially with some solid room buys, that can actually be placed in safe locations). All in all, though, gotta grade this as the least promising start of all four players.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Full disclosure: I haven't played this in literal years, while having been literally on the other side of the world when I did, so I'm probably rusty and absolutely appreciate people discussing how hosed players are or aren't.

Personally I think everyone's being way too nice.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
The first spell is Fireball. Mages are free. I'm in a good spot on the evilometer.

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007

Bacon In A Wok posted:

Broken Loose has picked up first choice of room and first choice of monsters, and gets a card peek. Not a bad start at all for Year 1 Winter. Not sure I like the pairing of Troll+Recruitment though - it makes for a very hefty food drain in a Spring season where everyone has something of an incentive to slot Food.

Also Special Event Rats. :xd:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Stelas posted:

Personally I think everyone's being way too nice.
This is generally the case with you, though. :raise:

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Bacon In A Wok posted:

Istvun snagged second choice of three solid monsters and grabbed a room with a slot 1 play. An audacious move that paid off. The trick for Spring and Summer will be building out the rest of the engine to match, but the baseline is there.

burger time is playing conservatively, assembling the resources needed for (hopefully) a stronger play later. 5 gold at end of Winter is quite solid, but future fortunes will depend on Monster+Room flips at the right time to make the raw resources go the distance. The initial Spring flip is... not that promising.

Tekopo... reveals why I personally like to alternate Mine/Dig actions, rather than going both at the same time. At least Mine isn't locked, and there are options for later in the year (especially with some solid room buys, that can actually be placed in safe locations). All in all, though, gotta grade this as the least promising start of all four players.

BL: Agreed, the magic room is very good but a Troll at this point is too pricey for me unless you're using him to staff a resource room. Using him to further deplete your food is pretty bold! I'd have taken the witch if forced to choose here, it's been a while since I played the base game but IIRC being evil is managable as long as you don't get a year 1 paladin.

Istvun: The trap room is ok but requires a lot of imps for year 1 and is quite vulnerable without digging to put it at the back of your dungeon. Good chance Istvun won't get a room this season either, I'd have swapped reputation and room orders OR done something like reputation/rooms/imps because I think you should take 2 imps when they're practically guaranteed!

BT: This looks most like what I would do - decide that the board sucks, wait for later. A little unlucky to get only 1 imp but mining is almost always worthwhile and getting your trap early helps a lot with planning.

Tekopo: I'm interested to see how this pans out - it looks inefficient sure but Tekopo has mining available again and 5 imps, and digging is a required but kind of lovely action that's out of the way now.

Hard to tell who came out best but it's clear that BL and Istvun have less stable positions right now. A lot will depend on whether BT and Tek can take advantage of that.

Beffer posted:

Also Special Event Rats. :xd:

Rats is actually great for BLoose because it comes after payday, he'll have nothing to lose.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

There are a lot of reasons why I took the actions that I chose, mostly due to my locked out choices. It was less efficient than possible but it was a safe play than some of the other things I considered.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Shouldn't we note that BL has 3 imps + troll instead of 4 imps? IIRC trolls can't dig or mine, just activate rooms, and dont count as imps for lots of other stuff. maybe mark it as 3T?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

He's got an extra imp from the magic room.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Tekopo posted:

He's got an extra imp from the magic room.
Where The Magic Happens™

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Tekopo posted:

Where The Magic Happens™

oh yea im dumb

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Bubble-T posted:

More Words
Thanks for this, I know basically nothing of this game and qualified commentary is nice.

Plus you've already have Tekopo justifying his moves. Someone is bound to break down in a heap of AP and tears under a barrage of criticism if you keep it up.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

YEAR 1 ROUND 2: CARD REVEAL

Istvun reveals Recruit Imps, Buy Traps, Buy Rooms.
Broken Loose reveals Harvest Food, Dig Tunnels, Improve Reputation.
Tekopo reveals Hire Monster, Harvest Food, Buy Rooms and pays 1 Gold.
burger time reveals Hire Monster, Harvest Food, Buy Rooms and pays 1 Gold.

All players, please confirm your actions.

Istvun (Blue)
Imps: 3 | Food: 2 | Gold: 3 | Traps: 0 | Captures: 0 | Blocked Actions: Hire Monster / Improve Reputation | Monsters: Witch
Broken Loose (Red)
Imps: 4 | Food: 0 | Gold: 2 | Traps: 0 | Captures: 0 | Blocked Actions: Hire Monster / Buy Room | Monsters: Troll
Tekopo (Green)
Imps: 5 | Food: 1 | Gold: 3 | Traps: 0 | Captures: 0 | Blocked Actions: Dig Tunnels / Recruit Imps | Monsters: None!
burger time (Yellow)
Imps: 4 | Food: 2 | Gold: 4 | Traps: 1 | Captures: 0 | Blocked Actions: Mine Gold / Recruit Imps | Monsters: None!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Hahaha it loving worked, it loving worked. You all called me crazy, but who's the crazy one now?!

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Tekopo and BT doing exactly what you'd expect - Hire Monster first means they can use it again next season, it costs a gold but they have plenty. They both put rooms last because it guarantees Istvun can't snipe a lower room spot. The middle has to be food if they want to ensure buying something other than a Troll.

Broken Loose has to place food first and won't take Imps/Monster/Room. Reputation makes sense since he played it first last round and probably wants to avoid being the second-nicest player. Two-symbol thieves are the devil.

Istvun had a bad round all up but I can see the thinking - no real need for food, doesn't want to use imps for digging or mining (they'll go in the trap room), and can't pick monsters or reputation. Comedy evil option is to go food first anyway just because it's likely to screw someone else over - a friend of mine would definitely have done that!

Next round I think we'll see BL and Istvun pick up another room, probably some mining/traps/reputation from the other two. Hire Monsters will be interesting as everyone will have it available.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Bubble-T posted:

Istvun had a bad round all up but I can see the thinking - no real need for food, doesn't want to use imps for digging or mining (they'll go in the trap room), and can't pick monsters or reputation. Comedy evil option is to go food first anyway just because it's likely to screw someone else over - a friend of mine would definitely have done that!

I would have been very interested in doing that, but I don't have a lot of gold to play with right now so I'd rather not buy the food, and landing the mint would have been a rather large coup for me.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Istvun posted:

I would have been very interested in doing that, but I don't have a lot of gold to play with right now so I'd rather not buy the food

You could just decline to use your food order :devil:

Bubble-T fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Dec 10, 2015

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

So aside from 'I'm not doing my action' calls, I need...

Action Queue
- Broken Loose: Which card to peek, tunnel locations
- burger time -> Tekopo: Which monster/room to buy

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Bubble-T posted:

You could just decline to use your food order :devil:

Oh, I know.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

I want the mint, to be clear, the room that goes in the bottom two rows and I'll put it at the back of my dungeon.

I'll hire the troll.

And I'll use the mint during production.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I'm peeping Combat Card #2. Place the tunnels on A2 and C2, please.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I'll take the goblin and place th souvenir shop to the left of the entrance.

And I'll use it during production

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

YEAR 1 ROUND 2 EXECUTE

Istvun needs to choose which order card to retain, due to the room purchase not going off.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Stelas posted:

YEAR 1 ROUND 2 EXECUTE

Istvun needs to choose which order card to retain, due to the room purchase not going off.

I'll keep rooms. And then build my own trap! With Futurama jokes! And references!

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Huh, that's weird. The second spell also happens to be Fireball.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat

Broken Loose posted:

Huh, that's weird. The second spell also happens to be Fireball.

Goodness gracious

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

YEAR 1 ROUND 2 CONT

Istvun uses the Workshop.
Tekopo uses the Souvenir Shop.
burger time uses the Mint.

Cards are returned.

It is Payday!
Istvun pays 1 Food, 1 Evil.
Broken Loose pays 2 Food.
Tekopo pays 1 Food.
burger time pays 2 Food.

Adventurers line up for real this time, in the order Broken Loose, Istvun, Tekopo, burger time.

YEAR 1 ROUND 3

Broken Loose is now first!

Three monsters are drawn: Vampire, Witch, Vampire.
Two rooms are drawn: Printing Press, Mushroom Bed.
The final event is, oddly enough, Taxes.
Four adventurers are drawn!

All players, please nominate cards.
A reminder: this season's event is Rats (Each player loses half Food, rounded down).

Broken Loose (Red)
Imps: 4 | Food: 0 | Gold: 1 | Traps: 0 | Captures: 0 | Blocked Actions: Dig Tunnels / Improve Reputation | Monsters: Troll
Tekopo (Green)
Imps: 5 | Food: 2 | Gold: 3 | Traps: 0 | Captures: 0 | Blocked Actions: Harvest Food / Buy Rooms | Monsters: Goblin
burger time (Yellow)
Imps: 4 | Food: 1 | Gold: 5 | Traps: 1 | Captures: 0 | Blocked Actions: Harvest Food / Buy Rooms | Monsters: Troll
Istvun (Blue)
Imps: 4 | Food: 0 | Gold: 2 | Traps: 1 | Captures: 0 | Blocked Actions: Buy Traps / Recruit Imps | Monsters: Witch

Stelas fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Dec 11, 2015

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
The evilometer looks wrong.

also that priest is really early.

and I have rooms unlocked instead of imps

Istvun fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Dec 11, 2015

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I should have only gained one evil.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Whoops, fixing poo poo up. Think I got the wrong year's priest.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Should be fixed. (In my defence, I thought the priest's scan was just off-colour.)

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
Oh jesus that's some nasty poo poo in the fall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -