Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
2 vampires when everyone's ready to hire monsters and you lay out priests for the most evil player, love it. Broken Loose is in a great position to take one but it would be a risky move for anyone else. Tekopo is certainly not interested. Both slimes come out next round which might tempt someone to place Monster first this season.

The rest of the adventurers aren't bad, wizards are usually quite tame in year 1. I'm interested to see which way Tekopo and Burger TIme go here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I honestly don't think Monster 1st right now would be worthwhile for the Priest risk players since taxes are due next season.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Sorry for holding up the game folks, had a busy couple of days. I'll submit a move tomorrow morning.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

YEAR 1 ROUND 3: CARD REVEAL

Broken Loose reveals Mine Gold, Hire Monster, Buy Traps.
Tekopo reveals Hire Monster, Mine Gold, Buy Traps and pays 1 Gold.
burger time reveals Buy Traps, Dig Tunnels, Improve Reputation.
Istvun reveals Hire Monster, Buy Rooms, Mine Gold and pays 1 Gold.

All players, please confirm your actions.

Broken Loose (Red)
Imps: 4 | Food: 0 | Gold: 1 | Traps: 0 | Captures: 0 | Blocked Actions: Dig Tunnels / Improve Reputation | Monsters: Troll
Tekopo (Green)
Imps: 5 | Food: 2 | Gold: 2 | Traps: 0 | Captures: 0 | Blocked Actions: Harvest Food / Buy Rooms | Monsters: Goblin
burger time (Yellow)
Imps: 4 | Food: 1 | Gold: 5 | Traps: 1 | Captures: 0 | Blocked Actions: Harvest Food / Buy Rooms | Monsters: Troll
Istvun (Blue)
Imps: 4 | Food: 0 | Gold: 1 | Traps: 1 | Captures: 0 | Blocked Actions: Buy Traps / Recruit Imps | Monsters: Witch

Stelas fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Dec 13, 2015

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Use all imps to mine gold, buy traps.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Also lol at Broken Loose losing dat monster action.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Also the seasons board is wrong

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Tekopo posted:

Also the seasons board is wrong

Quoted the wrong post. Sorted.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I can't believe I'm actually gonna get a witch, potentially get another monster next season and two traps :lol:

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat
I'll mine two gold, get a vampire and put the press room in C3.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Dig to the left of the entrance twice, buy trap, look at first card, produce gold

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I think I'm just waiting on BL to confirm things.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

I love this game.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Where is your 'Tekopo probably won't go monster first' now, Bubble-T

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Sorry, was out of town a couple days. Lemme recalculate my poo poo.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Tekopo posted:

Also lol at Broken Loose losing dat monster action.

what the actual hell is wrong with you? are you that gung-ho to get a shitload of priests* that you'd risk loving up your taxes? i'm not mad, but i do get annoyed when people do questionably suboptimal things and it fucks me over due to dumb luck

mine wherever. take back my pub minion, i'm not doing that action this season. also, i'm pretty sure i just got eliminated from the game.

edit: with a super high chance of being locked into a vampire, mind you. enjoy a useless monster, idiot!

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Oh please. You're still looking at a party made of tissue paper and the wishes of sick children. Rub some dirt on it.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Tekopo posted:

Where is your 'Tekopo probably won't go monster first' now, Bubble-T

Hey now, I just said you weren't interested in a Vampire. I was fairly certain Istvun would Monster first and burger time wouldn't play it at all, I wasn't sure about you.

Broken Loose put himself in a bind where he could potentially be locked out of either monsters or gold depending on what everyone put first, but hey that's what happens when you pay a mountain of food for a troll and some imps in the first year.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Broken Loose posted:

what the actual hell is wrong with you? are you that gung-ho to get a shitload of priests* that you'd risk loving up your taxes? i'm not mad, but i do get annoyed when people do questionably suboptimal things and it fucks me over due to dumb luck

mine wherever. take back my pub minion, i'm not doing that action this season. also, i'm pretty sure i just got eliminated from the game.

edit: with a super high chance of being locked into a vampire, mind you. enjoy a useless monster, idiot!
It was never going to gently caress up my taxes. Not even remotely, thanks to the number of imps I had and the gold making room. I either ended up with 3 additional gold or 4 at the end of this round, and if I did get locked out of gold, I'd just take it back and still get 3 gold next round. There was 100% certainty that I would fulfill my taxes.

I was almost certain to get priest anyway, so I thought gently caress it. Even if I had a full priest party, NOT getting a monster this turn is strictly worse than getting a useless monster. I didn't go reputation because I hate having mages. I could have gone imps but I decided not to. I wasn't ever going to dig more rooms. gently caress you for thinking that my play was 'suboptimal' and that it hosed you over 'due to dumb luck'. You did a risky play based on faulty assumptions and THAT hosed you over.

Edit: And before you say something like 'but this was a risky play for you and you just randomly got the jackpot', this wasn't a risky play at all. I stand to lose 1 food out of it? Oh no, what a risk. Gold was never going to be an issue for me.

Tekopo fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Dec 14, 2015

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Istvun posted:

put the press room in C3.

Now that I'm running through the update, this is... a little ambiguous depending on if you're counting up or down. I'll assume for now you mean downwards, and change it if need be.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Dec 14, 2015

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I got annoyed with myself and just made a bunch of floating .txt for trap lists and combat cards people know, so you should have your PMs in a sec.

YEAR 1 ROUND 3 CONT

Everyone's actions go off, except one.

No-one has imps for Production.

Cards are returned.

Rats in the dungeon!... but no-one has enough Food for them to care.

Adventurers line up in the order Broken Loose, burger time, Tekopo, Istvun.

YEAR 1 ROUND 4

Tekopo is now first player!

Three monsters are drawn: Slime, Goblin, Slime.
Two rooms are drawn: Chicken Coop, Tool Shed.

All players, please nominate cards.

Tekopo (Green)
Imps: 5 | Food: 1 | Gold: 3 | Traps: 2 | Captures: 0 | Blocked Actions: Mine Gold / Buy Traps | Monsters: Goblin, Witch
burger time (Yellow)
Imps: 4+1 | Food: 1 | Gold: 5 | Traps: 2 | Captures: 0 | Blocked Actions: Dig Tunnels / Improve Reputation | Monsters: Troll
Istvun (Blue)
Imps: 4 | Food: 0 | Gold: 3 | Traps: 2 | Captures: 0 | Blocked Actions: Buy Rooms / Mine Gold | Monsters: Witch, Vampire
Broken Loose (Red)
Imps: 4+1 | Food: 0 | Gold: 3 | Traps: 1 | Captures: 0 | Blocked Actions: Mine Gold / Buy Traps | Monsters: Troll

Stelas fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Dec 14, 2015

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

On that note, please do check that your .txt files are all okay too.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

I should have had imps for production? 2 imps to dig, 2 imps + troll to produce?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

burger time posted:

I should have had imps for production? 2 imps to dig, 2 imps + troll to produce?

Whoops! Forgot the troll, sorry. Fixed up.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I believe I'm still waiting on BL and BT. BLT.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

YEAR 1 ROUND 4: CARD REVEAL

Tekopo reveals Hire Monster, Dig Tunnels, Harvest Food and pays 1 Gold. Harvest Food fails!
Burger Time reveals Hire Monster, Harvest Food, Buy Room and pays 1 Gold.
Istvun reveals Improve Reputation, Harvest Food, Hire Monster. Hire Monster fails!
Broken Loose reveals Hire Monster, Harvest Food, Buy Room and pays 1 Gold.

All players, please confirm your actions.

Tekopo (Green)
Imps: 5 | Food: 1 | Gold: 2 | Traps: 2 | Captures: 0 | Blocked Actions: Mine Gold / Buy Traps | Monsters: Goblin, Witch
burger time (Yellow)
Imps: 4+1 | Food: 1 | Gold: 4 | Traps: 2 | Captures: 0 | Blocked Actions: Dig Tunnels / Improve Reputation | Monsters: Troll
Istvun (Blue)
Imps: 4 | Food: 0 | Gold: 3 | Traps: 2 | Captures: 0 | Blocked Actions: Buy Rooms / Mine Gold | Monsters: Witch, Vampire
Broken Loose (Red)
Imps: 4+1 | Food: 0 | Gold: 2 | Traps: 1 | Captures: 0 | Blocked Actions: Mine Gold / Buy Traps | Monsters: Troll

Stelas fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Dec 19, 2015

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Oh well, it was either get first place on food which I didn't want or nothing. Mine just one right of the entrance.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Hire Slime.
Purchase Chicken Coop. Place it at A2.
Use Chicken Coop with 3 Imps.
Use Magic Room with 1 Troll + 1 Imp.
Pay government 2 gold.

Get Wizard. Cringe.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
iirc it's possible for tekopo to decline paying the 1 gold on hire monster if he doesn't want it, which would stop him from placing his minion there at all.

also gently caress you guys why do you want slimes?

e: if that doesn't happen, no food and I'll look at the first combat card.

Istvun fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Dec 17, 2015

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Istvun posted:

iirc it's possible for tekopo to decline paying the 1 gold on hire monster if he doesn't want it, which would stop him from placing his minion there at all.

Waiting for an answer on this!

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Istvun posted:

I had a live game where I got all three slimes and a golem, with a room up front.

It was my best game ever, 43 points or something stupid like that.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Istvun posted:

Incorrect. The relevant rules are on page 22 (Recruiting as first order).

quote:

The Recruit Monster (or Ghost) card has a special symbol to remind you of this rule: if you play the card as your first order, it costs you 1 Gold. You must pay this as soon as the card is revealed, before you move your Minion Figure to the Underground Tavern. If you have no Gold and you play this card as your first order, your Minion Figure is placed directly on the card instead of on one of the action spaces (which leaves the space open for another player to use)

Bolding mine. You cannot refuse to pay the recruitment gold cost if able. You only do not place if you CAN'T pay.

(The usual rule that lets you skip an action and dodge costs comes during the Execute Orders step, as described on page 13, not the Reveal Orders step.)

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
welp

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Why wouldn't I want it? I have the food, getting more food was just insurance. Btw I will get food rather than monster back

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Also I will only pay 2 out of my three taxes

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

Soiled Meat
a man can hope and/or dream.

And I actually will take the food. No way to keep my room now.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

So I'm waiting on...

- Burger Time's room placement + monster choice
- Whether Tekopo wants to grab a monster?

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

do I have a choice where to put the room? Isn't there only one place?

I'll take a goblin

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

burger time posted:

do I have a choice where to put the room? Isn't there only one place?

I'll take a goblin

Nope, you've got three possible locations. Anything along the top row.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I'll grab the remaining slime.

• Locked thread