Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

NickRoweFillea posted:

why the gently caress would bama jump clemson

ESS E SEE, PAWL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Anyone advocating for a 6-team playoff needs to consider that it would mean OSU got into the playoff.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

So Clemson is going to the Orange bowl right or could they go to the Cotton bowl still? Would rather not go to Dallas for New Years

e: tickets way cheaper for Cotton Bowl though

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

not sure if i want ou v bama because then one of them has to lose, or ou-clemson and bama-msu because that means that it's POSSIBLE neither of them make the ncg. tough decision.

hook 'em.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Keep Iowa above OSU in the rankings. Hell, make them 5th.

gently caress Ohio State forever, Iowa deserves the Rose Bowl.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

LLCoolJD posted:

Anyone advocating for a 6-team playoff needs to consider that it would mean OSU got into the playoff.

I used to advocate 6 teams, but this season suggests it would regularly mean a 2 loss team or two would get in and eventually win the thing. gently caress that. gently caress two loss champs except you Les Miles you're cool.

Also gently caress Ohio State.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

kayakyakr posted:

Could be Clemson, Bama, Sparty, OU because if OU is in the 3rd spot, they would get a defacto home game in Dallas vs the higher ranked team.

Committee has said that they won't mess with seeding like that but the committee is also full of poo poo so I fully anticipate this happening.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i cannot understand a drat thing this dude on scott van pelt is saying

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Iowa 12-1
Ohio State 11-1

Seems straightforward to me. :)

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

lamentable dustman posted:

So Clemson is going to the Orange bowl right or could they go to the Cotton bowl still? Would rather not go to Dallas for New Years

e: tickets way cheaper for Cotton Bowl though

I went to Dallas to watch Nebraska play in the Cotton Bowl in like 07.. Road tripped it and had to sleep on a prison mattress in a middle school gym in New Mexico due to a blizzard shutting down the highways. Then we got stomped by Auburn after making it to Dallas just in time for the game. loving never going to Texas again

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

marauderthirty posted:

I went to Dallas to watch Nebraska play in the Cotton Bowl in like 07.. Road tripped it and had to sleep on a prison mattress in a middle school gym in New Mexico due to a blizzard shutting down the highways. Then we got stomped by Auburn after making it to Dallas just in time for the game. loving never going to Texas again

word, just got back from Dallas yesterday because of a business trip. weird city and didn't like it

bushes
Nov 6, 2003

Kids running around naked fuckin' in the bushes

Look Sir Droids posted:

I used to advocate 6 teams, but this season suggests it would regularly mean a 2 loss team or two would get in and eventually win the thing. gently caress that. gently caress two loss champs except you Les Miles you're cool.

Also gently caress Ohio State.
Nah. The 6 conference winners (AAC, seriously) and 2 at larges or something. And I would be in charge of the rules committee to ensure OSU would only get in unless they won the Big 10. Among other things.

Go Houston! AAC Champs NY6 bowling!

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

You literally could not draw up a more nightmarish season of college football for me on an individual level. Alma mater goes 3-9, loses its best coach in school history, and commences a stupefyingly bad search for his replacement? Check. Most hated rival goes 13-0, including a win over a lifelong rooting interest that featured an egregiously bad call at the end? Check! Jesus Christ.

That being said, I still love this sport because I'm a crazy person. Here's to a fun and good playoff that involves Clemson winning absolutely nothing.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Neodoomium posted:

Keep Iowa above OSU in the rankings. Hell, make them 5th.

gently caress Ohio State forever, Iowa deserves the Rose Bowl.

penalizing a team for going undefeated, winning their division, then losing a championship game in the last 30 seconds by 3 would be super, super lovely

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Chump Farts posted:

penalizing a team for going undefeated, winning their division, then losing a championship game in the last 30 seconds by 3 would be super, super lovely

This is a super lovely business, I hope Iowa gets taken care of.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

RumbleFish posted:

You literally could not draw up a more nightmarish season of college football for me on an individual level. Alma mater goes 3-9, loses its best coach in school history, and commences a stupefyingly bad search for his replacement? Check. Most hated rival goes 13-0, including a win over a lifelong rooting interest that featured an egregiously bad call at the end? Check! Jesus Christ.
cough http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/12/06/will-muschamp-south-carolina-head-coach-auburn

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My patented Quality Wins Formula:

Quality Wins Rankings:
1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Michigan State
4. Oklahoma
5. Iowa
6. Houston
7. Stanford
8. Ohio State
9. Notre Dame
10. Northwestern

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Michigan State. Team of Destiny?

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

oh lord, Dabo is wearing a jersey with 100 on it in the post game presser

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I feel bad for UNC because I remember Iowa being screwed over by that same call against Florida in a bowl years ago. It wouldn't be an instant game winner, but UNC would definitely have had a shot.

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake
Man, I loving love Mark Dantonio. Yeah, he just said god was favoring his team. And yeah, he did bail players out of jail and then start them the next saturday. And yeah, he can be a bit of a Saban-lite, a robot who displays mostly rage and a little humor only when stuff is going perfectly. Yet, he's turned my favorite program from a laughingstock into a playoff team.

When I was growing up, being a state fan meant being a loving joke. We made an art of blowing games, and I thought that would be my lot for life. That's pretty much gone now. It's telling that the refrain has gone from "Sparty No" to "Sparty On". All throughout my fandom, we found ways to not win games. Now we're finding ways to win them. As someone who grew up a State fan, Lions fan and a Tigers fan, it's just a shock to have a team I root for show up in big moments, and win big games. We don't have to win on New Years Eve, because in my eyes we've already won to some degree. The culture has changed. Mediocrity and blown chances are no longer our ethic, and it feels loving great.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wow, just saw that offsides call.. What a joke. Goondolences UNC

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

word, just got back from Dallas yesterday because of a business trip. weird city and didn't like it

Good news! The Cotton Bowl is not actually held in Dallas anymore!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

💯💯💯💯

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

screenshot post now now now

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Yoshifan823 posted:

My patented Quality Wins Formula:

Quality Wins Rankings:
1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Michigan State
4. Oklahoma
5. Iowa
6. Houston
7. Stanford
8. Ohio State
9. Notre Dame
10. Northwestern

Texas has the same amount of top 15 wins as Northwestern, Ohio State, Houston, North Carolina, and Iowa combined.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I loving love college football and I love the Michigan State Spartans. I have never had less fun at a game and been happier about being there.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

buddhanc posted:

Texas has the same amount of top 15 wins as Northwestern, Ohio State, Houston, North Carolina, and Iowa combined.

Also more losses.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Yoshifan823 posted:

Also more losses.

I know. That's what makes it hosed up

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

kayakyakr posted:

Good news! The Cotton Bowl is not actually held in Dallas anymore!

Bad news, Arlington is way worse.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
That 9 minute drive was a beauty.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Yoshifan823 posted:

My patented Alabama bithtch Formula:

Football Rankings:
1. Roll
2. Danm
3. Tide

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

pillsburysoldier posted:

screenshot post now now now

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

marauderthirty posted:

Dallas (actually the whole metroplex, somehow) is no joke the absolute worst city in Texas and I would hate to watch a game I was interested in at Jerry World

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Bad news, Arlington is way worse.

a truthpost

bushes
Nov 6, 2003

Kids running around naked fuckin' in the bushes
Hey at one point Memphis was #13 and Navy was #15! (Does that count as two top 15 wins for Houston!? :haw:)

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Hm, all the good lower-level tickets for the Texas Bowl are already claimed up. Guess I'll have to play the resale game. Bah, I hate playing the resale game.

Will be easier if they announce Mississippi State tomorrow.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Dantonio just said that Sparty has "God's favor"

:stare:

Looks like work will be more insufferable than usual on Monday, thanks for the headsup.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I am very happy that I took two shots of 113 proof moonshine directly before the final play of the Iowa game, because it has both made it easier to cope and dissuaded me from drinking further. I ordered greasy food instead because that's what I want when I'm drunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

• Locked thread