Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Quandary posted:

How would you guys rank the actual quality of the teams in the playoff? Not their quality of schedule or what they showed, but actually who you think would beat who?

Clemson - OU/MSU - Alabama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Quandary posted:

How would you guys rank the actual quality of the teams in the playoff? Not their quality of schedule or what they showed, but actually who you think would beat who?

Oklahoma, then Clemson juuuust ahead of Bama, a significant gap, then Michigan State

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Chump Farts posted:

iowa should stay in the playoff hunt and rematch us for the natty, imo

qtiyd

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

John Rawl Tahd posted:

Yo, bit late to the party but just wanted to say Houston Owns, gently caress Dallas.

Dallas and Houston both suck.

Fort Worth is pretty cool for being so close to Dallas. Austin is great but being invaded by Dallas pricks. San Antonio is awesome and may be the most underrated large city in the nation. Denton and San Marcos are reportedly great small cities with an old-Austin feel nowadays.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Selection Show live on ESPN, in case anyone was confused because the weekly show is on Tuesday, the last show is on now.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
:itshappening:

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

lol I forgot Condi Rice was on the committee

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
For fucks sake, it's my senior year at OU,and I've already seen them beat Baylor and Tennessee in person. I kinda have to spend all my money to go see OU win a national championship right? Who knows when the next time this will happen is.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Quandary posted:

For fucks sake, it's my senior year at OU,and I've already seen them beat Baylor and Tennessee in person. I kinda have to spend all my money to go see OU win a national championship right? Who knows when the next time this will happen is.

I spent way too much money to go see us lose to Florida in 08 and I don't regret it a bit

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Dabo's pizza party looks awesome.

Oh wait, it's Papa John's...

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I hope somebody gets boned but unfortunately I think it is pretty straightforward.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Sky Shadowing posted:

Selection Show live on ESPN, in case anyone was confused because the weekly show is on Tuesday, the last show is on now.

The final rankings will come within the hour, I'm sure the NFL will be mad if it goes past that

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

kayakyakr posted:

San Antonio is awesome and may be the most underrated large city in the nation.

This will remain true until the Raiders finally come.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

This pizza party is peak Dabo (and peak Clemson, really). Even I'll admit it's pretty great he stuck to his word, though.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Daric posted:

Houston also beat Vanderbilt 34-0 while Florida only beat them 9-7. You can say we didn't play any quality opponents but we beat 3 ranked teams in 4 weeks, won our conference and are looking to be even better next year. We play Oklahoma in the opener and I'm liking our chances at this point.

Oklahoma returns nearly the entire team next year. Houston is a good team, but if OU plays like they have been lately it won't be close.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Quandary posted:

Yeah, you kinda have to. The hard part is that would mean going to two more, very expensive games.

If OU does get in the Cotton Bowl, then there are ways to get cheap spots. You could do the standing room only seats to at least "be there". They're sticklers for tickets at Jerry's world, though, so no sneaking into unsold seats. Best bet if you do standing room only is to get there right when the doors open and claim the first rail spot you find.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Oklahoma returns nearly the entire team next year. Houston is a good team, but if OU plays like they have been lately it won't be close.

It does mean OU has an absurd OOC schedule though, with Houston in houston, and then Ohio State in Norman.

kayakyakr posted:

Yeah, you kinda have to. The hard part is that would mean going to two more, very expensive games.

If OU does get in the Cotton Bowl, then there are ways to get cheap spots. You could do the standing room only seats to at least "be there". They're sticklers for tickets at Jerry's world, though, so no sneaking into unsold seats. Best bet if you do standing room only is to get there right when the doors open and claim the first rail spot you find.

I'm not so worried about the ticket prices, to be honest. The main problem is that I'm an out of state student that will already be home for christmas and will have to fly back to dallas :(

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

How hosed am I if I don't buy a ticket for a bowl before it is confirmed that my team is playing there? I want to grab tickets for the Russell Bowl now, but a lot of the good spots have already been taken and I don't even know if UNC is actually playing there yet.

e) Or should I just wait for the announcement and immediately hit the resale market?

Dr. Hurt fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Dec 6, 2015

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Not particularly hosed, I would guess, if it's not a NY6 Bowl, and one of the teams isn't local. The good spots are probably reserved for official university allotments, corporate 'friends', and other such folks.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Quandary posted:

It does mean OU has an absurd OOC schedule though, with Houston in houston, and then Ohio State in Norman.

I'm not so worried about the ticket prices, to be honest. The main problem is that I'm an out of state student that will already be home for christmas and will have to fly back to dallas :(

The answer? Ask for plane tickets for Christmas.

Or don't go home. Football > family.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Dr. Hurt posted:

How hosed am I if I don't buy a ticket for a bowl before it is confirmed that my team is playing there? I want to grab tickets for the Russell Bowl now, but a lot of the good spots have already been taken and I don't even know if UNC is actually playing there yet.

e) Or should I just wait for the announcement and immediately hit the resale market?

I don't know who the contenders are for the Russel Bowl but UNC is probably one of the better ones so if you wanna go, it might be best to buy tickets now.

Worst case scenario, you can sell them for at least most of what you paid for them.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Has ESPN not released the rankings yet? Didn't the show start at 11?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
e: ^^ They're having 2 shows. About to release the playoffs. Other show is at 2:00 CT.

Dr. Hurt posted:

RAB is an easy one to get tickets to. That bowl always relies on the ACC school to fill the stadium because the Big XII is traveling so far. We went last year since I was in Orlando visiting my sister anyway, and we could have bought tickets at the stadium on the day of. Wound up getting great endzone seats for $40 each a few weeks before.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Thoguh posted:

Has ESPN not released the rankings yet? Didn't the show start at 11?

12:30ET/11:30CST as per the show on ESPN now

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Christian McCafferty breaks FBS yards record
Henry breaks SEC yards record

"The Heisman is Derrick Henry's for sure" - ESPN

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

kayakyakr posted:

RAB is an easy one to get tickets to. That bowl always relies on the ACC school to fill the stadium because the Big XII is traveling so far. We went last year since I was in Orlando visiting my sister anyway, and we could have bought tickets at the stadium on the day of. Wound up getting great endzone seats for $40 each a few weeks before.

Sorry about that game, it was not particularly competitive.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Kirk trying to sell the rankings before people have even had a chance to be unhappy.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Quandary posted:

Sorry about that game, it was not particularly competitive.

Yeah, it kinda sucked. At one point we were cheering for OU just to score points because we felt bad for them.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Herbstreit is really rocking the gently caress out of that power suit/tie combo

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
this is really poor presentation

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Sparty is the third seed :aaaaa:

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Uh oh surely they won't screw Oklahoma

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Vertical Lime posted:

Sparty is the third seed :aaaaa:

They want Alabama in the Finals

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Korranus posted:

Uh oh surely they won't screw Oklahoma

I give it 50/50. Stanford has representation on the committee. Oklahoma doesn't.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
1. Clemson - Orange
2. Alabama - Cotton
3. Michigan St - Cotton
4. Oklahoma - Orange

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Kinda feel like OU deserved the 3 but not strongly enough to be angry about it. Clemson vs OU will be fun but I don't think I can go if its Miami which is sad.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

pillsburysoldier posted:

They want Alabama in the Finals

I think Michigan State at 3 is legit, they just picked up a better win than Oklahoma has and their loss is also better.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
It was all about not giving the #2 team a road game.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Dang, OU seems underseeded. I'd love to see them break a foot off in Clemson's rear end, however, so I approve of this matchup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I think they just didn't want OU at the Cotton Bowl. DFW would be flooded with Okies for drat good reason.

• Locked thread