Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Ahhh, my bad.

Also a shameful snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Satellite images don’t appear to show extensive damage to Iran’s Isfahan air base allegedly targeted by IDF

Extremely interesting that Israel's offensive was so muted. Perhaps the last thing I would expect from the Netanyahu regime in this case would be...prudence.

Which means either:

1. They definitely got a Rafah green light for this.

2. Iran's attack with only 120 ballistic missiles significantly reduced Israel's air defense stockpiles (heard cost up to $1.3Bn for allied defense, and 2 years of production at least for replacing the air defense assets used according to West Points' MWI). The Iranians have some 3,000 ballistic missiles ready to fire, not counting cruise missiles and drones etc.

3. They have hit Iran elsewhere and both sides are silent for internal consumption reasons.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
im guessing that provoking iran is not having the effect netanyahu was hoping for so they are backing away from this bullshit

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I've seen some speculation that Israel used training/inert missiles and that's why we haven't seen any shots of smoke/damage/etc. That Israel felt they had to respond and wanted to show Iran they could easily get around their air defenses, but did it this way so Iran can claim they made a successful defense and won't feel the need to respond.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

D-Pad posted:

I've seen some speculation that Israel used training/inert missiles and that's why we haven't seen any shots of smoke/damage/etc. That Israel felt they had to respond and wanted to show Iran they could easily get around their air defenses, but did it this way so Iran can claim they made a successful defense and won't feel the need to respond.

Theres evidence of a weird missile-simulator called Blue Sparrow being used, but theres another variant of it that is high explosive. But...

The parts recovered seem to be booster-sections, and supposedly the dedicated armed variant doesnt use a booster. So its plausible they used missiles designed to emulate the flight profiles of Iranian TBMs in the attack. Definitely weird and unexpected.

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
israel is the most bitchmade country lmao gently caress em all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Reuters is reporting a large blast at an airbase in Iraq. Interestingly, there is a US Stratotanker in the air over Iraq, as there was around the time of the strike on Iran yesterday.

e: BBcode is hard