Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i always played the a custom race, with the face of the Silicoids (so I didn't have to worry about encountering them in the galaxy)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost

MeLKoR posted:

Oh poo poo, VGA Planets! Now that I think about it I just really like games where I can lay huge minefields and loving everything for everybody.

gently caress Privateer players. gently caress them so hard.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
Not impressed at all by video in the OP. Thanks for alerting be to the possibility of a decent MOO4, though.

God, I'm old.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

hmm uncreative
-.5 money
subterranean
repulsive

but enough about me

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I like how the preorder/DLC/whatever race is humans. But like humans are already in the game. So the extra race is just more humans, except they are humans from a different planet I guess?

I don't know but sounds dumb. Make a loving alien you idiots.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

ummmmmm did u ever play this game, theres gonna be a master of orion thats a fuckin alien rear end in a top hat

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Rutibex posted:

i always played the a custom race, with the face of the Silicoids (so I didn't have to worry about encountering them in the galaxy)

I played custom races with the face of the Elerians because uhhhhhhh

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Rutibex posted:

Silicoids only understand violence.

FuturePastNow posted:

The spymaster :drat:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I liked the bugs because they build a lot of ships to bomb people with.

You counter the dumbness by having more planets because you bombed other people off of them.

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
Used to play MOO2 multiplayer where you had to take Uncreative, which gives you a random tech from the category you pick (if I remember right)

Made for some weird ship build outs and interesting fleet fights.

Hope MOO4 doesn't suck.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Chomp8645 posted:

I liked the bugs because they build a lot of ships to bomb people with.

You counter the dumbness by having more planets because you bombed other people off of them.

Then you use biological weapons and they're all, "how dare you, all we do is slag planets until they're uninhabitable. you disgust us!"

Totalitarian hypocrite bugs.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

FuturePastNow posted:

i could never do that, then i would miss out on the best diplomatic theme in the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sah62Wh4bI

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Rutibex posted:

why they were bitches

psilons were the guys who'd gently caress poo poo up, in the true nature of scrawny nerd aliens written by strategy game developers

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

why they were bitches

psilons were the guys who'd gently caress poo poo up, in the true nature of scrawny nerd aliens written by strategy game developers

i liked to keep the Psilons around, conquer everything but their homeworld, then extort them for technology

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

SirTagz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtQhNef17zw

Master of Orion 4 is coming. This is a newsflash for all those old-timers who missed this tidbit of (probably? maybe?) good news during the summer news cycle. The IP was bought by wargaming.net and it looks like they plan to release several revisions of the game.

It looks to me like this first iteration will be close-ish to the original, attempting to not alienate the fans who have been waiting for a successor to MOO2 for almost 20 years already

The homepage contains some dev diaries (pretty thin on content), a forum and some screenshots. There is also a demo/presentation video of sorts from PAX AUS 2015

Whats the deal with all space video games these days featuring the spa e ships spinning around backwards while theyre flying and shooting at people flying behind them like its some sort of jaw dropping pants making GBS threads magical wonder

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
All you need is cybertronic computers and plasma cannons. Game over.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Rutibex posted:

i liked to keep the Psilons around, conquer everything but their homeworld, then extort them for technology

even in space there is no escape from bullying

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot

a starwar betamax posted:

Whats the deal with all space video games these days featuring the spa e ships spinning around backwards while theyre flying and shooting at people flying behind them like its some sort of jaw dropping pants making GBS threads magical wonder

It's supposed to show off that the physics are at least somewhat Newtonian I think, which most space game nerds like.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Confirmed: the return of the hokey rear end GNN

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I have some ipad 4x tgats a pretty good clone of moo2 but it dosent have orion or the guardian or whatever it ruins it for me

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

the best part about this game was telling aliens to gently caress off

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

FuhrerHat posted:

the best part about this game was telling aliens to gently caress off

You have insulted us, gibbis clod.Perhaps a short war will still your impertinent tongue.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
*moves 82 battleships and 5 doom stars right next to the wormhole that adjoins your capitol*

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

SirTagz posted:

So - some news on this. Looks like the voice casting includes Star Wars' Mark Hamill, Alan Tudyk (Firefly), Michael Dorn (Star Trek: The Next Generation), Kat Cressida (Haunted Mansion), John de Lancie (Star Trek: The Next Generation), Robert Englund (A Nightmare on Elm Street), John Kassir (Tales from the Crypt), and Dwight Schultz (Babylon 5, The A-Team).

The Early Access 'Collectors Edition' will be available from the 26th of February.

Kind of excited :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhzlgohX2SM

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/18/mark-hamill-robert-englund-to-star-in-master-of-orion-reboot
Who gives a poo poo about a bunch of nerdbait actors doing voices for this game. I didn't put a stupidly large amount of hours into Civ V because of Morgan Sheppard.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
Those cat people look pretty hot - just putting that out there.

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*

Ash1138 posted:

Who gives a poo poo about a bunch of nerdbait actors doing voices for this game. I didn't put a stupidly large amount of hours into Civ V because of Morgan Sheppard.

This! A million times!

Who, in their right mind, gives a flying wet gently caress if Mark Hamill and Robert Englund do some voices in a game like MoO4 or not?
Christ, if this is what they are spending the dev budget on then they should be lined up against the wall and be summarily executed and the game be handed to a company that isn't run by post-lobotomized windowlickers!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
too much conquering in video games imo

Gonzo the Eggman
Apr 15, 2010

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

gary oldmans diary posted:

too much conquering in video games imo

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
THere just aren't enough gaming forums on this site

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Larry Parrish posted:

this thread wouldn't be right for Games or Imp Zone, it really needs the GBS flavor

Gonzo the Eggman
Apr 15, 2010

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Rutibex posted:

this thread wouldn't be right for Games or Imp Zone, it really needs the GBS flavor

The "G" stands for Games (or Ghostbusters. Depends on which thread you are in). :viggo:
Too many pixies in Imp Zone for my liking.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i mean, i'm not buying another moo game until i get a personal apology for moo3. that's a non-negotiable. they have to say they're sorry about master of orion 3. they have to say they are sorry for being lovely people who made a lovely game and have poo poo for brains, okay?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i mean, i'm not buying another moo game until i get a personal apology for moo3. that's a non-negotiable. they have to say they're sorry about master of orion 3. they have to say they are sorry for being lovely people who made a lovely game and have poo poo for brains, okay?

these aernt the same people, the people that made MOO3 were hung for their crimes years ago. these are just people that bought the name, and from the interviews you can tell they hate MOO3 too

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i don't care who made it and who didn't make it. they're using the moo name now i want their moo apology.

that game was so bad it ought to have killed the franchise for all time if you're going to bring it back you have to understand you are basically inheriting the sins of the father so give me a loving apology for moo3

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Moo3 was the logical progression from the additions to moo2 :twisted:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

notice how all the people posting in this particular one are old as balls

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

hey guys im really excited for sim ant 2

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

FuhrerHat posted:

notice how all the people posting in this particular one are old as balls

only old people who should be dead know about master of orion

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

love my dead gay 4X

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Hmmm. I do drink a lot of prune juice in the morning.

Nah, gently caress these whippersnappers and their dumb "new" games. They ruined the Elder Scrolls. How can you even do that?

Still rather play lots of 4x games that whatever number Assassin's Creed is on.

• Locked thread