Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Sure you should always tip those that serve you, but there are some creative ways to make you look like a total baller without breaking the bank.

Here is a great way to really get your server excited about your tip, you probably should leave before they come back around your table though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
ive got a tip for you, OP

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
ok so if a waitress has been really nice and helpful, hold up :10bux: and say "ok see this? Now if you had less of the attitude some day a customer might give you something like this .... now gently caress off"

and watch her face drop

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
just the tip, baby

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
Oh man that waitress is going to freak out thinking she got four dollars! Lol genius.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
hey, OP, i've got a tip for you

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
if you really want to own a waitress hit her in tje head with a piece of wood. thatll show her

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

dad gay. so what posted:

hey, OP, i've got a tip for you

you better mean some sort of monetary remittance and not be referencing any part of your personal anatomy here

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i conduct all my monetary transactions this way op. it's like i have 4x the money

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
knock knock

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
oh goddammit this better not be those drat kids again knocking on my door and then running off

who's there?!?

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
That is a good "tip" op but I tip generously or not at all

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Tip in direct proportion to tit to waist ratio.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
People still tip?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Sure you should always tip those that serve you, but there are some creative ways to make you look like a total baller without breaking the bank.

Here is a great way to really get your server excited about your tip, you probably should leave before they come back around your table though.

op come to my town so i can murder you

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

A misanthrope posted:

oof, that's not a good server attitude. be more polite.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

A misanthrope posted:

same.

I generally tip in the 25%-30% range as normal, more if it was above average. I'll go for the 15% standard only if the server was exceptionally lovely, and I never base my tip on any mistakes made by the kitchen.

I want to murder anyone who doesn't understand that servers are generally making little $2.00 per hour, and depend on the tips. On top of that typically they have to pay an estimated portion of their tips back to the restaurant so that all because the kitchen and other backhouse employees can have more than the $4.00 they're getting paid.

So yeah, if you do that OP, I hope your dick falls off in a painful fashion, leaving only your balls so that I can punch them repeatedly.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

And we've arrived to the unironic portion of the tipping conversation that will last for the next 758 posts. See you on the other side. *puts gun in mouth*

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

the usa is such a broken country holy lol goddamn

goat manilla
Nov 13, 2003

Servers don't deserve to make more than me. make the food cost more. problem solved.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

I want to do this with :10bux: so it's a decent tip and they get angry anyway but no one cares to hear their story about the fake $40 tip and then they get angrier

hmm maybe I have problems

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I tip bartenders insanely well and servers the bog standard 20%. Chances are I won't have the same server because of high turnover, but the person behind the bar that hits me up with free shots every couple of rounds is worth tipping.

Aug 4, 2010

tipping someone for pouring you a drink might be the most hosed up thing i have ever heard

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
*leaves a one-penny tip, face down*

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Here's a really good tipping strat:
:tipshat:

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

www posted:

tipping someone for pouring you a drink might be the most hosed up thing i have ever heard

actually they pay attention to you and get you a beer within 30 seconds and tell you racist jokes so its worth it

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Euros never tip because they love piss poor service and poo poo covered food.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Edgar posted:

Euros never tip because they love piss poor service and poo poo covered food.

also, theyre idiots!!!

ManDingo
Jun 1, 2001
I'm toying with the idea of adding a tip jar to my desk in a cubicle farm. Whenever anyone asks for something I'm just going to stare at it. Then I'm only ever going to spend that money on alcohol.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Iron Crowned posted:

same.

I want to murder anyone who doesn't understand that servers are generally making little $2.00 per hour, and depend on the tips. On top of that typically they have to pay an estimated portion of their tips back to the restaurant so that all because the kitchen and other backhouse employees can have more than the $4.00 they're getting paid.

If you're willing to work for 2/hr you probably deserve to make 2/hr

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Kid CUDA posted:

the usa is such a broken country holy lol goddamn

Offering to pay nothing to staff and then relying on the charity of customers is hilarious.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

rip a $1 bill in 2 pieces, hide the bigger piece somewhere in the restaurant and leave the small piece as a tip with instructions written on it in the form of a riddle for finding the rest

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
I like people who say ohhh servers are paid less than minimum wage so you have to make it up or they starve!!

Yeah, that's our fault, the customer who gives them busniess

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

xutech posted:

Offering to pay nothing to staff and then relying on the charity of customers is hilarious.

The government taxes their tips as well. Its basically just a way to gently caress over students/undesirables.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
really though unless it's at a high end restaurant - and even then that comes with its own problems - if someone is a server their life is a bowl of lukewarm poo poo so ruining it further with lovely tipping and neckbeardy rationalizations is really abhorrent

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

You know what feels good? Ordering a drink at a bar and not tipping because no one in the entire country does! lol!

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
If a bar advertises "All Drinks $3!!!" then you don't expect to pay 4 bucks just because the barmaid wants a buck out of you every time

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Is the Burger King employee not entitled to a tip? Why would you deny this minimum wage worker his due?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

No, see I'm not an rear end in a top hat for not tipping; I'm putting pressure on a system of oppression and quite frankly you're undermining my efforts. You're the real villain here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Hey hon, the reason why I'm not tipping you is because I'm standing up to the system. So I'm actually helping you!

• Locked thread