Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what is a good gift for a white elephant exchange
booze
anime
something boring like a flash drive
im gay
View Results

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

My work Christmas party is on Friday and I've waited too long to get a gift for the white elephant gift exchange.

What's a good gift for like 20-30 bucks that people will fight over or think is funny? If it helps I mostly work with programmers and tech people.

Please help me be the hit of the office Christmas party thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
A lifesize blow-up Gaddaffi doll

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
maybe some RAM?

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Dick in a box

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

tampon alcohol flasks, they come in a five pack.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Ehud posted:

My work Christmas party is on Friday and I've waited too long to get a gift for the white elephant gift exchange.

What's a good gift for like 20-30 bucks that people will fight over or think is funny? If it helps I mostly work with programmers and tech people.

Please help me be the hit of the office Christmas party thanks

Get a 20-30 bottle of booze. After that anything "normal". [Hiking/camping multi-tool like a gerber, tea serving set, sushi plate set, etc].

I worked at a big animation studio in Los Angeles that had a huge population of nerds.

Everyone fought over the booze, the tools and the stoneware sets [tea set and someone had a sushi serving stoneware set]. No one wanted to get caught with the gag gifts or the toys/nerd gifts. For some reason half of the gifts were 20-30 lego sets, which, honestly I have nothing against lego but it was pretty weird even in an animation studio for everyone to think of getting the same thing like that.

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Dec 7, 2015

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
three moon wolf shirt

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
A giant drill-do

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

dad gay. so what posted:

maybe some RAM?

this is a good idea but i don't know what kind of PC they all have

Big K of Justice posted:

Get something pretty normal like a tea set or a 20-30 dollar bottle of liquor, or a camping/hiking multi-tool.

I worked at a big animation studio in Los Angeles that had a huge population of nerds.

Everyone fought over the booze, the tools and the stoneware sets [tea set and someone had a sushi serving stoneware set]. No one wanted to get caught with the gag gifts or the toys/nerd gifts. For some reason half of the gifts were 20-30 lego sets, which, honestly I have nothing against lego but it was pretty weird even in an animation studio for everyone to think of getting the same thing like that.

hmm can you give me a link to the kind of tool you're talking about? that sounds kind of cool

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Ehud posted:

this is a good idea but i don't know what kind of PC they all have

hmm can you give me a link to the kind of tool you're talking about? that sounds kind of cool

http://www.amazon.com/Gerber-3098-S...erber+multitool

THat's what I got, people fought like hell over that if they couldn't get the bottle of liquor.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Big K of Justice posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Gerber-3098-S...erber+multitool

THat's what I got, people fought like hell over that if they couldn't get the bottle of liquor.

man that looks pretty cool

thanks for this suggestion it seems like a good idea!

i'd like to hear from the other sharks before i make my decision though

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
wow i cannot believe in this day and age that we are discussing the slaughter of rare elephants for a mere party. disgusting.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

Super Troopers is great though

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah and if you like crossword puzzles a thing that generates tons of them for you is a great gift to receive from a romantic partner, and also that guy looks like yuppie scum so his life is probably p dec

Stop whining, newspaper people :colbert:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

No matter how many bad decisions I've made at least I've never spent time trying to come up with a thoughtful gift for someone that they hate so much they tell a newspaper how much they hate it and make sure to point out that I'm the one who gave it to them

Jolly Corndog
Apr 5, 2008

It's lamb, ding dong,
not sal-man
A pet, like a goldfish or lizard, that a person is forced to take care of because they picked the wrong box.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Some funky cold medina.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
a koran

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
A print out of dgsw's post history.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Germstore posted:

A print out of dgsw's post history.

annotated and bound

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
voted all checkboxes :tipshat:

oh yea make sure to get some kinda gimmicky booze like fireball or rumchata

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
a gift certificate for ten dollars to join Lowtax's online computer forums

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
a box of magnum condoms.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

voted all checkboxes :tipshat:

Didn't even notice the poll! OP, you should absolutely give your office the gift of being gay

Bob Saget IRL
Oct 24, 2014

Steal a gift card. Don't activate it or poor money on it.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

http://www.jcpenney.com/wembley-tailgate-go-big-or-go-home-64-oz-giant-flask/prod.jump?ppId=pp5005791491

GO BIG OR GO HOME

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
it's liqour, give them liquor

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009
Astro-glide taped hastily to one of those pixelly mine-crafter swords.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
a weeks worth of cum in a jar

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
a flash drive with a bunch of anime on it

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Several bars of Uranium-238

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lewd photo album of your grandma

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
one of those sweet dragon/flame button ups. that way the pieces of poo poo will WANT it and the cool kids that are above the flaming dice will NOT want it. win win

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
A garbage bag filled with caramel corn

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
A 55gallon barrel of lube

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

pony cum jar project starter kit.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
You can get one of those kits where you take a mold of your boner and then make a dildo out of it. I put that in an anonymous white elephant once with a note that explained it was actually my dick.

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009
A litterl white elephant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

a safe with a series of smaller safes inside (no keys)

• Locked thread