Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hauki
May 11, 2010

Bugsy posted:

Yep, in the HC league. I was mass clearing out pages of skill gems that I probably never needed and I think I sold them I can only find one now, and the cheapest they are is 2ex.

Haha goddamn perma leagues. I have probably 6 tabs of unsorted red gems from back when, I bet I've got at least 20 IIQ gems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Patching server is up. Patch is 1.8 gigs.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Really? Steam says 1.5 for me, or are you using the standalone client? Also if I follow that bow guide linked in the OP blindly will that give a reasonably easy path back into the game until I can catch up with the meta?

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Pharnakes posted:

Really? Steam says 1.5 for me, or are you using the standalone client? Also if I follow that bow guide linked in the OP blindly will that give a reasonably easy path back into the game until I can catch up with the meta?

The neversink one? Yes it's a good guide.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
That is a shame. Why did they make them stop dropping? Too unbalanced? Did they make farming x thing too easy?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Gibbo posted:

That is a shame. Why did they make them stop dropping? Too unbalanced? Did they make farming x thing too easy?

Gotta keep in mind IIR/IIQ have opportunity costs; having both IIR/IIQ slottable meant skills that require fewer links to get to good levels of damage had an unfair advantage in the long term. They've pared down the ways to get IIR/IIQ a lot since the early days and each time it's been an improvement (in closed beta you could roll increased item rarity/increased item quantity on weapons, and there were a couple increased item rarity passives on the passive tree.)

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
get in queue

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
New melee splash gem has More Splash Radius. That's a thing.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

funmanguy posted:

Is someone datamining poo poo?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

funmanguy posted:

I'm so happy.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Count Uvula posted:

http://poehub.org/skillgems/

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Count Uvula posted:

The patch notes?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Good news, Elemental Hit's mana cost at level 20 went from 19 to 12.

Now we have less of a reason to not use it. But it won't be used.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Gibbo posted:

The patch notes?

The patch notes mention an "increase" in radius, not "more" radius which is a fairly significant difference.

stanislaus
Aug 5, 2008
I keep trying to make crit ele frost blades/lightning strike builds but I'm pretty sure reave will still be strictly better in almost every situation. gently caress reave

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Holy gently caress, Controlled Demolition gives 44% more spell damage for -100% reduced crit chance. Fuuuuuuuuuuuck that's good!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

nightwisher posted:

Holy gently caress, Controlled Demolition gives 44% more spell damage for -100% reduced crit chance. Fuuuuuuuuuuuck that's good!

Yeah, I'm probably never going crit spellcaster again.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vasudus posted:

Yeah, I'm probably never going crit spellcaster again.

Crit multi is pretty good too.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

stanislaus posted:

I keep trying to make crit ele frost blades/lightning strike builds but I'm pretty sure reave will still be strictly better in almost every situation. gently caress reave

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...NXb1ElRLOmGsw==

I made a ST crit dagger spec throw build, but I'm pretty sure it will be a good LS build aswell.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

TheRat posted:

That it is, but it is a dying stat that is being hunted to extinction on the skill tree.

Edit http://www.twitch.tv/draskyl

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

TheRat posted:

Oh, it is, absolutely. I'm just glad that I don't have to go balls out with crit and get poo poo like Maligaro's gloves and other assorted things.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

funmanguy posted:

That it is, but it is a dying stat that is being hunted to extinction on the skill tree.

Edit http://www.twitch.tv/draskyl

And yet we still do more damage than we can survive on reflect :v:

Vasudus posted:

Oh, it is, absolutely. I'm just glad that I don't have to go balls out with crit and get poo poo like Maligaro's gloves and other assorted things.

Did you play 1.1? non-crit Arc in 1.1-1.2 was cray-cray. You'd 4link it in a Vertex or that cheap +1 helmet I cant remember the name of and just own the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buKn1ua9nEc obligatory foxtactics link

TheRat fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Dec 11, 2015

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
The numbers on arc seem pretty good. You get the 5th chain at level 12 or something(and 7th at level 20), and the damage that it used to do at level 22, it now does at level 20.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Ouch, 28 mana for contagion @ level 20. Essence Drain is 26. Might have to get some more mana nodes.

e - servers are getting hammered. I can't even get the webpage to load.

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Dec 11, 2015

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Bugsy posted:

Ouch, 28 mana for contagion @ level 20. Essence Drain is 26. Might have to get some more mana nodes.

e - servers are getting hammered. I can't even get the webpage to load.

I got home from work early. Yes, webpage does not work. I can't decide what I want to play :(

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That feel when you want to play this but you work a nightshift so I have to sleep instead.

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

This machine kills fascists
Is there a goon guild or whatever for this game still? I think I'm gonna play again for a while.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
I downloaded an item filter this one, but it doens't seem to work properly.

For example I want ti to show Portal scrolls, and in the text file it says:

Show
BaseType "Portal Scroll"
PlayAlertSound 9 100
SetFontSize 25
SetBackgroundColor 0 0 0 100

Which looks like it should work. But portal scrolls don't show up unless I press alt to see everything, although the sound does seem to play. Any ideas?

E: Also if I want it to always show chests what do I add?

Pharnakes fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Dec 12, 2015

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Pharnakes posted:

I downloaded an item filter this one, but it doens't seem to work properly.

For example I want ti to show Portal scrolls, and in the text file it says:

Show
BaseType "Portal Scroll"
PlayAlertSound 9 100
SetFontSize 25
SetBackgroundColor 0 0 0 100

Which looks like it should work. But portal scrolls don't show up unless I press alt to see everything, although the sound does seem to play. Any ideas?
You could try removing the 100 from the SetBackgroundColor line. The fourth number is optional and sets the transparency of the item (0 = invisible, 255 = completely opaque), so it's possible that they are showing up but you can't see them because they're mostly transparent.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Rashomon posted:

Is there a goon guild or whatever for this game still? I think I'm gonna play again for a while.

Info is in the first post.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

You could try removing the 100 from the SetBackgroundColor line. The fourth number is optional and sets the transparency of the item (0 = invisible, 255 = completely opaque), so it's possible that they are showing up but you can't see them because they're mostly transparent.

Doesn't make any difference. At least when I drop one to test it. Is it only supposed to work for stuff dropped from monsters that's never been picked up?

E: OK I seem to have found the problem. It does work, but only for a bout a second or so. And by the time I have finnished killing something it has all vanished. Is there a timeout setting somewhere?

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:
Is there any space in the guild atm? I'm a scrub and figure I could use goon company/advice to be less of one.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

so yeah i can't get out of the loving twilight strand without the game throwing up a horrible graphical glitch and crashing good awesome sweet and swell

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Pharnakes posted:

Doesn't make any difference. At least when I drop one to test it. Is it only supposed to work for stuff dropped from monsters that's never been picked up?

E: OK I seem to have found the problem. It does work, but only for a bout a second or so. And by the time I have finnished killing something it has all vanished. Is there a timeout setting somewhere?

You have to set your own game to show all items in the options. There's 2 ways to use item filters. If you tell your game to show items on the ground, it will only show items you have filtered to show. Then holding alt will also show all the items that got filtered out in case you want to check if there might actually be something you want. If you tell your game to use "hold button to see items," then it will use default behavior normally (show all currency for a second when it drops, otherwise show nothing at all), and then holding alt will apply your filter.

I use the latter and hold alt most of the time I'm playing out of pure force of habit from D2, but most people just use the former setting.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
Wow contagion feels so weak even with void manip

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Gooooood.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Heh, Bonespire Talisman mob already got hit with a significant nerf.

Which is great, because seeing my health nosedive on Normal brought back memories of old Corrupting Blood.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Well this patch really hosed over my build. Which honestly i'm thankful for, I needed to be pushed into starting a new build.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Is there no way to determine the tier of a talisman? Item level doesn't seem to have any relevance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

not visually, no, but the only amulets that drop normally are tier 1. higher tiers only come from using talismans on the alter and will always be one tier higher than the five amulets you used to summon it.

• Locked thread