Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Primaris
Feb 15, 2004
11 out of 12 physicians agree I have a large penis.
Please excuse my poor OP, I'm not great at this

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes Mobile Turn Based Fighting Simulator of Frustration

Despite it's very short release it's received a lot of praise from people playing it. Acquiring heroes isn't very difficult and the devs interact with the players constantly to improve performance of things we want to see in the game.

If you enjoy the game and play I would highly suggest getting the Dooku pack for 5$, he's very very good. Plus it comes with other poo poo You can no longer buy this pack, sorry!

Want to join others talking about GoH live in action?! Join our discord today! https://discord.gg/0ft9yOaeBoaVvMFO

Q: What is Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes?
A: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes is an upcoming mobile game by Electronic Arts. The game was first announced on June 15, 2015 in EA's press conference during the 2015 Electronic Entertainment Expo. The game revolves around collecting different characters in the Star Wars universe, leveling them up through mission based activities, and acquiring items to gear them.

The game is available through Android and iOS

Here is a handy guide to avoid paying money for the game because let's face it, its a mobile free to play game that wants you to pay money.

http://toucharcade.com/2015/12/08/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-tips-guide/

Feel free to post ally codes in this thread so that you can add each other and use other peoples heroes and poo poo. It's very handy when you get into the area of the game where you can summon an ally.

Ally code: 388-173-494

Tips:
One thing is CONSTANTLY keep your main characters up to max level including their gear, early game you think it will be impossible to spend all your credits/energy. Mid-to late game you will start spending the purple crystals just to refill your energy so that you can go farm items to upgrade your characters gear level. Gear level and actual character level are most important. Without those it doesn't matter if you have a team full of the best character, you will die.

Another thing I've noticed is that having 2 healers is very useful. The consular you start off with is very good, don't underestimate him. Once you get him higher you can upgrade his healing ability for -1 turn cooldown to allow faster healing. Couple that with another healer and eventually Chewie's self heal and you'll have a solid team.

The Resistance Pilot does a LOT of damage. I don't know how only being 2 star but that guy can snipe the poo poo out of people. He's good, rank his gear up. You'll eventually replace him end game but in the early to mid game areas before you unlock powerful characters, he's great.

Do the challenges, the Bounty Farming Challenge that (you have to unlock these at later levels so you won't see them right away) will allow you to get lots of Droids to sell. Finish the mission then go to the Home screen and sell those bad boys, disregard droids acquire currency.

Chewie is very powerful believe it or not and continues to be one of the most solid tanks throughout the game. Once you get to your high 20-s or mid 30-s there will be missions to farm his shards. I would suggest getting Chewie to 4-star rank. He can get very high HP, a taunt, his leader ability is great for providing group defense and he has the most powerful self heal in the game later on. In PVP you will be able to keep your ranks simply by having 2 good healers and a strong Chewie because you will run your opponent out of time.

Another great tutorial video, no I don't know why he's wearing a fedora...ok he's playing Star Wars of course he is but ignore this please
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efkayHL-ahk

I will leave the rest open to edit later on when I get more information. I'm still just starting out and did not see a thread so I thought I would share a game that I was having a great time in! Hope you goons enjoy.

ADDED INFORMATION THANKS TO MALGRIN sorry it took so long to add

New starter guide:
Unless you plan to spend $$ on this game, don't ever buy Chromium packs. You will (almost certainly) regret it. If you think you might spend your hard-earned money on this game, the starter bundles you see are generally the best deals around (except Greedo, he's crap -- this pack used to be Dooku for $5, and I'm still sore that I missed that boat by a day). With thed $10, $20, $50, and $100 packs, you will likely get less value out of chromium packs for the same amount of money. Also, the starter bundles disappear after about a week, so make up your mind. Also, I would recommend avoiding the Jedi pack, because Jedi lose to Sith (Sith get bonuses when fighting Jedi), and right now the Sith are dominating arena leaderboards.
All that said, if you really want to roll the dice, you can get some really sweet heroes out of Chromium packs. Each pack will either contain a character or character shards. The problem with buying chromium packs is that some heroes can ONLY be obtained by packs (at least right now - and they haven't said whether this will always be true). So, if you unlock Obi-Wan in a chromium pack, unless you buy more packs, you will never get him above his current star level, and he will be much weaker in a couple weeks than the heroes that are free to play.

SWGoH Cantina
There's also a lot of really good information at SWGoH Cantina. This site has detailed stats on all the heroes, as well as some nice planning tools. This is a great resource for planning ahead.

Currencies
There are several types of currencies in this game. The first is crystals, which can be purchased with $$ and are earned by playing the game. The second is credits. These are earned from playing the game, and you spend on your heroes (leveling them, increasing stars, and gear level all cost credits). After that, there are squad arena points, earned by playing arena, spent on character shards in arena shipments; squad cantina points, earned by playing cantina, spent on character shards in cantina shipments; galactic war (GW) points, earned by playing GW, spent on character shards in GW shipments. There are also two things that sort of work as currency: ability mats and training droids, used for leveling hero abilities and hero levels.

Character Shards
So, from all that, you can guess that character shards are really important. They are, in fact, the most important thing you earn in this game. There are three different ways to level a character. The first is just their level, which is capped by your current level. The second is through shards. A new hero starts somewhere between 1 and 4 stars. In order to increase a character's stars, you need a specific number of shards. 1*: 10, 2*: 15, 3*: 25, 4*: 30, 5*: 65, 6*: 85, 7*: 100. However, to activate a hero, you need a number of shards based on the level you activate them at. 1*: 10, 2*: 25, 3*: 50, 4*: 80. This is really just the cumulative number of shards needed at that level. The level that heroes start at has to do with their "rareness." Want a Genosian Soldier? Unlocks at 1 star (10 shards). Want Darth Sidious? Unlocks at 4 stars (80 shards). Finally, the third thing you level is gear level. There are 6 equipment slots for each hero, once you've filled all of those, you can upgrade to the next level. The primary way to earn gear level is to repeatedly sim missions (once you get 3 stars on a mission, if you have a sim ticket -- these are easy to get -- you can sim instead of running the battle again).

Ability Materials
These are really important, and tier 3 ability mats are super rare. At first, tier 1 and 2 will seem precious, but eventually you won't really worry about spending those. However, make sure to plan ahead before spending tier 3 ability mats. While Chewie, JC, and all are good early, they drop off pretty hard, and you will regret spending tier 3 ability mats on heroes you don't use anymore. Additionally, you don't need to level very many leader abilities -- see the leader section for more info on that.

Energy
Now that you get the basics, it's time to start playing the game. Use your starting crystals to grind missions (instead of on Chromium packs, as mentioned above). Energy costs 50, 50, 100, 100, and goes up from there. Additionally, to increase your Cantina Energy, it costs 100, 200, then 400, and maybe up from there? I don't know, because I've never spent 400. I would recommend at the very least spending 100 on each mode every day. This will increase your level rapidly, which will then generate more energy, and you can progress really fast the first couple days.

Light/Dark Missions
There are Light Side and Dark Side missions, and you can only use your light side heroes for light side missions, and same for dark side heroes. In order to progress in the game, you need to balance leveling hero stars/gear/level between those. Additionally, when you clear all of the missions for one side's level, you unlock hard missions. You can complete a hard mission 3 times per day, and have a chance to earn shards from most hard missions. Do these every day for the heroes you want/are using. Some recommended characters to farm early: Jedi Consular, 1B Light 1D Dark 3C Dark; Dooku, 1C Light/Dark; Rey, 1A Light (she's going to take forever, but you probably want her eventually); First Order Stormtrooper (1-2 stars - helps with Tank mission and Dark Side missions) 2B Light, 2A Dark; Ewok Elder 2C Light (he heals, removes debuffs, and revives); Resistance Trooper, 3A Light/Dark; Luminara 3D Light 2E Dark.
I would not recommend trying to farm ALL of these every day, these are just heroes I would recommend farming. Heroes like Dooku/Rey are going to take a long time to farm, especially because they have low drop rates. I still have neither of these heroes (I also don't farm them every single day). Heroes like JC, Ewok Elder, and First Order Stormtrooper are worth getting a couple stars. JC starts at 2, I would recommend getting him to 4 or 5. Ewok Elder makes a good 3 or 4, and First Order Stormtrooper you can leave at 2. The more you play this game, the better sense you'll get of which heroes you want to play with and unlock. Additionally, you have to balance your energy between farming shards, progressing in missions, and farming gear. Generally, you want to farm gear from the normal side (unless you need shards from the hard side). Gear level is really important in this game, so make sure to farm your equipment. When you need a specific piece of gear, you can go to your character screen, select the piece of gear, and then there will be a find button (or craft, in which case you need the find the components, or in some cases, the components for the components for the components to craft -- sorry).

Leveling
Level your main squad as soon as you level. Also don't use the assign all button, it will waste xp and credits. Each training droid is worth a certain amount of xp, and costs a certain amount of gold for training. If a training droid is worth more xp than what your hero needs for the next level, it will overlevel that hero, wasting both xp and gold. When assigning training droids, always use one less than necessary of the highest level available, and work your way down until you finish the level with tier 1 training droids.

Arena
When you gain access to squad arena, I would highly recommend spending 50 crystals per day on an extra 5 attacks until you reach equilibrium in power to those around you. The sooner you reach 100, the faster you'll be able to farm Sid, who you will likely use for the rest of the time you spend playing this game (Unless you spend a lot of $$). At 6:00 PM local time, you earn rewards based on your level. You should spend all your arena points on Sid every day. Shipments reset after 6 hours, so you can unlock 3 shipments per day (ok, yes, if you sleep for 6 hours, and login exactly every 6 hours, you can do this 4 times, but 1100 is the max arena points you can get per day, at rank 1 + daily, so it isn't likely to ever happen to you). In Galaxy of Heroes, when you start the game, it groups you into a server of people who started at the same time, so it isn't impossible to climb to the top of the ladder. However, without spending money, you're probably going to lose to the top 10 or so people because they will be whales. No matter how much of a level or gear advantage you have, you WILL lose to a 7* team if yours are 4-5*.

Challenges & Events
After squad arena, you will unlock missions. There are two types available each day (except Sundays, when you can do all 6), and they rotate over 3 days. The first type rotates between credits, training droids, and ability materials. You can use any heroes you want for this mission. The second type rotates between equipment challenges. There's a healer/support challenge, rewarding AGI gear, an attacker challenge (STR gear), and a tank challenge (INT gear). Most of these missions are pretty easy once you've figured it out, but most of them have some kind of trick to them:
Healing/Support challenge: Opress has an attack that reduces all your heroes to 1 health. In earlier levels, you can generally keep up by just using JC's heals. If this isn't enough, kill a support droid. A debuff on Opress will make him take extra damage (by a lot), so use Talia's DOT every chance you get. At the second tier, the droids also shoot, so be ready for that.
Attacker Challenge: Shoot the droids to get a giant damage buff. Easy mode.
Tank Challenge: This is the hardest, until you have a few levels on it or unlock more tanks (Poe/First Order Stormtrooper). Mace Windu puts a debuff on a hero that will significantly weaken them. This is the one time Royal Guard is great, because his buff removes the debuff. I think there's some strategy involving attacking the droids (something to do with resetting his attack), but I couldn't figure that out, so I just shoot Windu until he dies.
Training Droids: One bot does some debuff stuff, the other heals. Until you have a heal debuff (Sid/Kylo), kill the healing bot (it's labeled), then kill Boba.
Bounty Hunter: Cad's bots buff him to do pretty ridiculous damage. I think you can prevent that from happening (or debuff him with the right heroes), but really just focus and kill Cad asap. Save your high damage abilities for him.
Ability Mats: Darth Vader applies a lot of DoTs. Then his lightsaber throw will instantly kill anyone with debuffs (not quite, but basically). If he gets a kill, his turn meter refills 100%. Also, his droids add additional debuffs. At lower levels, just focus down Vader. At higher levels, Admiral Ackbar and Ewok Elder are really nice additions to your team.

Cantina
At level 28, you will unlock Cantina. If you've spent crystals on energy, you can do it within 24 hours of starting this game. Cantina is a great way to farm hero shards. There are two methods of grinding shards here. The first is by completing missions. Some missions reward character shards occasionally, and this is a fairly consistent method of promoting characters. Additionally, you earn cantina points. There are two heroes that are really worth getting from Cantina shipments, which cost 400 Cantina points per 5 shards: Poe Dameron and Old Daka. Poe is the best tank in the game, while Old Daka is the best (one of the only) dark side healers. Without Daka, you will have a hard time past dark side 5, which you will eventually need for gear, so at some point you will need her at a minimum of 4 stars. However, she doesn't get particularly good for GW or Arena until she's at least 6 stars because she has a really low base health and she heals for a percent of her own health. I earned Daka first, and I would recommend unlocking Poe first instead, and getting him to 4 or 5 stars. He will carry you through arena really well. Chewie falls off hard because he only taunts for one turn, and heals kinda suck in arena (there are healing debuffs). Additionally, Poe gets even stronger if you focus on unlocking and leveling Luke, and then use him as your leader. He can be acquired from the 2nd mission in Cantina. However, due to the general short supply of dark side heroes (this is another good reason to get Daka), I would recommend getting Geonosian Soldier (1st mission) to 1 or 2 stars (10 or 25 shards) before you start focusing Luke. He will really help you through those early dark side missions.

Galactic War
At level 42, you unlock Galactic War. Each day, you can run through GW once, and you earn a variety of rewards for doing so (they improve with each GW mission). There is no energy cost associated with GW. GW starts with fairly easy teams (level-wise), and ratchets it up as you go along. You won't be able to finish this every day because it gets really hard. GW is an endurance type of gauntlet. If a hero gets low on health in one mission, he'll still be low in the next. If you lose a hero, he's gone for the rest of the day (in GW only). After an opponent has attacked at least once in a battle, anytime during your turn you can click the options button, and retreat, to start over. This is now a complete reset of the battle, when you restart, it will be like nothing happened. Keep doing this until you have a decently favorable outcome, or run into a team comp that utterly destroys you. Additionally, you can send out a weak team with 2-3 heroes on it (it will warn you that you don't have a full squad - just hit ok and start it), and let the enemy team waste a couple specials or maybe a taunt. They will die, but this can help you progress a couple levels further. Sometimes you'll need to throw a mid-level hero at this to get them to use their specials. If they completely demolish your A-team, it's worth a shot. As you develop more heroes, you'll find this gets a little easier to do. The general consensus is that you should unlock and 7* Luminara before you spend GW points on anyone else, although many of us have sidetracked for a few stars in some of the other heroes, including Phasma.
Another key point on retreat: if you start a battle, and your team gets wrecked and you retreat, you need to change up your roster or order. Unless you make changes to your roster, the enemy team's attacks/rolls are predetermined and will do exactly the same thing every time. You can use this to your advantage by changing your focus, but generally it's best to just swap out a character or move some around.

Keycard
Eventually you will unlock keycard battles. If you do this before they remove them from the game, make sure to collect a key from the keycards table for free credits (an achievement), and then ignore those tables for the rest of the game. They are worthless.

Luke/Poe
Here's the extended version of why I think you want Luke/Poe. At some point in the 50s, you can level up Luke's leader ability to 5, which will grant your team 37% tenacity. At level 6 (level 61), this becomes 41%. Tenacity reduces the chances your team will be affected by negative status effects, like damage over time, healing debuff, and slowdowns. Poe also has the ability stand firm, at level 5 (level 55 Poe), it reads: Poe has +30% Tenacity and recovers 5% of his Max Health whenever he resists a negative status effect. He also has high Tenacity -- once I finish G6->G7, he will have 47% Tenacity. Also, it appears these two numbers are separate, so he actually has 77% tenacity. Add in Luke's +37% tenacity, and you will have a Poe that never takes a healing debuff again. Additionally, Poe moves very fast, which means he can taunt at the start of the battle, forcing opponents to attack him for 2 turns. Right now, Arena meta heavily revolves around the use of Darth Sidious and Kylo Ren to proc healing debuff, and then damage champs to finish those heroes off. Poe doesn't really have to worry about that.

Leaders

Captain Phasma
Fire at Will - Whenever an ally attacks, they have a X% chance to call a random ally to Assist, dealing 15% less damage. This chance is doubled if the attacking ally is First Order.
Good all-purpose leader. Especially good for teams that have something like a Sidious, Daka or Kylo, as the extra attacks can apply on-hit effects. This is currently the most common leader in Arena.

Darth Sidious
Unlimited Power - All allies gain X% Critical Chance and X% Critical Damage.
Sidious' leader ability is another great one for basically any type of team. Extra crit % and damage is awesome, and he was my first 7*. Sidious was the most popular Arena leader before Phasma took over.

Luminara Unduli
Elegant Steps - Jedi allies gain X% Evasion and recover Health equal to 6% of Luminara's Max Health at the start of each of their turns. Non-Jedi allies receive half of the Evasion bonus and Heal effect.
Luminara is the go-to leader for GW, as she's the best (read:easiest to get and star up) healing leader to keep your people topped off. The heal over time on her regular heal is also quite good if you level it up. She's widely regarding as the best overall character in the game. Although, she does get her shards primarily from Galactic War Shipments, just like Phasma, so a decision on priority between those two should be made early to avoid wasting progression.

HK-47
Assassin Protocol - Droid allies gain X% Critical Chance and gain 30% Turn Meter on a Critical Hit.
Most droid teams I see run an HK-47 leader. Typical droid set-up is HK-47, IG-88, IG-86, Poggle, and a 5th that is variable, usually a healer.

Luke Skywalker
A New Hope - All allies gain X% Tenacity.
This is pretty much only good if you plan to use Poe, and then it's pretty broken, because Poe can get 100% tenacity.

Primaris fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
Tried this out yesterday and it's not bad actually.

I decided that this is the game I'll dump some of my Google Survey credit into.

Just got my ally code - 727-545-556, account name is Tommy Bahama

porksmash
Sep 30, 2008
Been playing for a bit. Got to lvl 29, spent the 5bux on the dark side pack for Dooku who is awesome. Ally code: 187-415-286 Currently full, sorry :(

porksmash fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Dec 17, 2015

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

CaptainAssholay posted:

Tried this out yesterday and it's not bad actually.

I decided that this is the game I'll dump some of my Google Survey credit into.

Just got my ally code - 727-545-556, account name is Tommy Bahama

yeah it's not bad. I've been waiting for something fun to dump survey credits into. That Dooku pack was a godsend, he really wrecks face with little investment. ally code - 246-743-674

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
I've added a couple of you. My user is panacea lljk and ally code is 673-291-461

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."
Edit: Removed ally code, all full.

This game's more fun than I wanted it to be, and now I'm $65 poorer. Time to level Kenobi. With him, Dooku, Tarkin, and Sidious, I'm only missing one decrepit old fart to round out my geezer squad.

High Lord Elbow fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Dec 29, 2015

Brian Fellows
May 29, 2003
I'm Brian Fellows
I just started playing as well, ally code is 253-753-724.

How'd you get all those dudes, just Chromium packs and luck?

Honestly I may not have kept playing after the first day, but I randomly pulled Mace Windu with one of my Bronzium cards. Since all the rest of those cards had been random low level items or individual character SHARDS, I looked up how rare that was and the answer appears to be super rare. So I'll keep on chugging along.

dandaman
Dec 30, 2005

666-214-946

love most things Star Wars, but this is actually a solid game.

I'd also recommend the Dooku bundle, and unlock Barriss Offee too. She's an awesome healer/tank.

dandaman fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Dec 13, 2015

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

539 984 225. This game is really surprisingly fun.

Brian Fellows
May 29, 2003
I'm Brian Fellows
Has anyone really tested the mechanics of the PvP battle arena? Specifically I'm curious if you lose a match if you get to keep playing until you've won three in a day.

I ask because I'm finally getting a high enough rank where I'm not guaranteed to win every time. I guess by being ranked that high I'll still make more points per day than just by winning three battles, but it'd still be a little annoying. Not too concerned one way or the other, just curious. Up until this point teams were comically underpowered vs. me for the rank they were at.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
So yeah, this is very very similar to that Dota-based whatever heroes game. I was playing one of the Chinese knock-offs that had a Japanese version with some A-List voice actors in it, but burned out eventually because farming became a pain.

But seriously, cover everything in Star Wars and I'm good to go baby.

I recommend:
- Resistance Trooper (I think the OP mentioned Resistance Pilot?). Fantastic for a two-star, can easily get to three stars
Normal Skill: Has a chance to "Expose" the target (I think the next hit on that enemy is a guaranteed crit or something), and his passive adds turn meter whenever an enemy gets "Exposed", meaning if the timing is right, you can get a free second shot.
Snipe: Hits like a goddamn truck.
- Dooku
Normal: Can stun and/or skill lock Jedis. Also hits twice for free 30% of the time
Lightning: Stuns, practically guaranteed against Jedis (up to slightly-above level or so). In Arena, stun their Consular right away so you'll be safe if can't kill him during the first salvo.
Passive: Counter-hits EVERY SINGLE TIME, even against AOE hits. When hit by an assist attack, counter-hits the attacker AND the assist attacker. Also, he uses his normal, which means even his counter-hits can hit twice AND stun / skill lock. Oh yeah, he also has a chance to get a turn meter boost every single time he counter-attacks.

Future Goals:
- Darth Sidious: Sweet DOTs
- Darth Maul: Weaken the enemies evenly, then Darth Maul them. He gets a free turn every time he kills with his normal. Nothing like farming with him as a friend leader and watching him pick off every single enemy, one by one.

EDIT:
Some advice for the Challenges if you're having trouble clearing the higher levels: Listen to what the intro text says. For the Attacker one, take out the support droid first and get a team buff, then take out one boss, then repeat for the other boss. For the Healer one, bash on a support droid, then try to kill it right after the boss drops your HP to 1 so that you can heal back, otherwise he'll slaughter your team one by one. Then, start hitting the boss like crazy. At some point, he gets an armor-piercing debuff so that you can actually do some damage. The Tank one is tough because all you'll have at the beginning is Chewie and the Royal Guard, so Sam Jackson will annihilate you until you can get some more members.

Friend me up! 814-455-124

Mezzanine fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Dec 15, 2015

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
983-881-536

Luke or Sidious should be my leaders. At level 47

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Ppl who bring 4 4-star pay2win boba fetts/jedis on their multiplayer roster and then 1 random rear end poo poo guy to tank their rating are snakes and should be fed to the sarlaac. Im committed to spending no money on this and just taking it easy but doing the daily 3 pvps is a pain in the rear end when these dudes are frontin' like their squad is rated 8000 but they actually have like 15000 points worth of HP on 4 dudes that heal & counter attack & are fully levelled and then like a 1 star ewok with 3 gigantic HP bars who you can 1 shot but it does no good.

Also they really went full gacha on the cards. Even the premium currency cards have a chance to not award you anything except shards (and not even enough shards to unlock someone!). That annoys me.

And its hosed that iphone users got resistance trooper & droid users got first order stormtrooper. Resistance trooper attacks first always and can half health a very sturdy hero in 1 shot. First order stormtrooper is destined to be shot into the air by a tie fighter.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Ahh, so that's how it was. Good thing I switched over from my Android phone to my iPad before getting any further than the tutorial.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Been playing this for a bit. Finally unlocked Sidious and got Chewie to 4 stars.

My ally code is 373-383-853. Added everyone above me.

RustySporkinmyI
Jan 29, 2006
Morbo can't understand his teleprompter. He forgot how you say that letter that looks like a man with a hat.
It looks like the intro 5 $ character is now a stormtrooper instead of dooku. Is this still worth it?

Also how often should I use the gems to role for characters? Do people advise waiting for the pack or are there "godfest" like events with better rates on good cards?

My ally code is 226-975-457

RustySporkinmyI fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Dec 15, 2015

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Do not spend 5 dollars on a stormtrooper

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Added everyone, my ally code is 486-399-349

Iceman2343
May 7, 2007

I'll take the Job.

I also added everyone above me, and my ally code is 469-842-187. It also looks like they just put two bundles up (an assassin droid and jedi one), but you can't buy them with crystals, just money. I guess I am spoiled by Marvel Future fight where you can buy all the bundles and items with just the premium currency (that you can earn.)

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
Wow they took Dooku out of the $5 pack? That's a huge rip because he was worth more than that. Dooku is pretty crazy in pvp, I either avoid him outright until last or nuke him before their chewy uses taunt depending on my set-up. Buying the $45 Barriss pack and the $5 Dooku pack and you basically won this game. I'm strictly f2p in mobile games so it does turn into a struggle later on. Don't buy premium packs, it's better to buy energy and farm shards. I would stop at the Squad Cantina's third battle, and then farm chewbacca shards forever.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Talia I believe is a better use of Cantina energy. Also, Barris is outclassed by Luminara, but having both is a good option. ;)

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
I do not have any cash shop heroes, my experience is pvp and galactic war. Running into these 5+ star bundle heroes is crushing. Chewbacca's the best tank, he's a better investment than a mid-rate healer with broken ai. P2W advantage is very high.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
I finally had enough crystals from daily stuff to buy the 4 draw pack and only got shards. Seems lovely to not even give out a hero card, although I did get enough shards for a Geonosion Soldier, so yay. It was fun for a bit I guess, seems like if it didn't go nuts on begging for money it could be really good.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
So I read the text on the Resistance Trooper's "Expose" thing. It makes the target take 20% of their max HP in damage the next time they get hit. Cool.

Also, I just put Expose on a Talia in Galactic War, then she did her heal and self-destructed :lol:

porksmash
Sep 30, 2008

Mezzanine posted:

So I read the text on the Resistance Trooper's "Expose" thing. It makes the target take 20% of their max HP in damage the next time they get hit. Cool.

Also, I just put Expose on a Talia in Galactic War, then she did her heal and self-destructed :lol:

Talia's heal seems to be able to proc any damage triggered effect, like Chewie's defense buff. Seems pretty funny watching her get a buff for taking damage because she healed.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Cool, got a free three-star Tank guy (Resistance guy from the new movie) and a two-star First Order Storm Trooper. They'll be a big help in the Mace Windu challenge.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Mezzanine posted:

Cool, got a free three-star Tank guy (Resistance guy from the new movie) and a two-star First Order Storm Trooper. They'll be a big help in the Mace Windu challenge.

Yes, you can also spend 100 bucks for Kylo Ren and Finn! :v:

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Levantine posted:

Yes, you can also spend 100 bucks for Kylo Ren and Finn! :v:

Seriously, 100 bucks :wtc: At least I'll know who the ultra-mega whales are for the next few days, until normal people have enough time to gather shards.

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
The free Captain Phasma was a really nice boost to my squad. Her leader ability of giving other allies a chance to attack when someone else attacks shot my damage output up by a lot. Combined with Count Dooku it's a massacre.

Lol'ing at the $100 Ren and Finn package.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

It's got $40 worth of currency, and a couple of 3* as well. For what it's worth

jabro
Mar 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Zotix posted:

It's got $40 worth of currency, and a couple of 3* as well. For what it's worth

Found the whale.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Just started this, bummed I missed out on Dooku. Couple of questions though, the ally points, should I be saving these or spending them on the bronze cards? Got a free Poe Dameron and First Order Storm Trooper, are either any good? Will be adding all of you all here in a bit, my code is 286-356-898

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
From what I've seen (I'm only level 39) ally points are only spent on Bronze Cards I believe so no point in saving them.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

jabro posted:

Found the whale.

Nah, wouldn't drop it on those characters. If it was like a Leia, Sidious, Cad Bane bundle I would. Crit for days boys.

Also just got Daka today from cantina tokens. Also should hit Talia 5*, so I'm happy about that. Should be able to make good progress now on darkside missions. Just don't have the mats to upgrade their leader skills too much.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Dec 17, 2015

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Add me: 924-582-566

I made some Indecision mistakes while starting this game before reading much, but here's where I'm sitting:

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

My ally code is 573-586-265, going to add all the previous posters.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Any newbie tips on what to focus on? I just hit 28 so i now have another source of attack level up stuff, and I'm at the point i can start grinding for a few characters shards. People were saying that the sith have a lot of counter jedi stuff, should i shy away from that lightside? My best guy outside starter stuff was a jedi knight anakin. Dark side i really like droids but only have 1. I'm on 4 lightside 3 dark for reference.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Since I'm a bit further ahead I'm going to give you guys some tips on what I've found to be effective things to focus on.

Always do all challenges? daily. That's the bulk of your account xp.

Try to spend at least the two 50 gem refills on regular energy. And if you can 100 gems on the one refill of cantina energy.

Try to do well in the arena daily. If you get a high rank you can do the above task. Use the last 30 minutes before the reset to snipe ranks. Especially the last 5. You can lock out a higher level and take his spot right as the rewards tick over if you time it right. Your arena bracket is a grouping of players that started around the same time. Yes there will be pay to win players in it. Yes you can still do well with the right comps.

Cantina energy should be focused on the last mission of the first grouping for Talia shards, or 1-3 for chewie shards. Use your cantina shards themselves on getting Old Daka. She's the second of two dark side healers, and is more of the traditional healer than Talia is. Without her you will be locked our of progressing dark side missions early.

Arena points should be spent on Sidious. Especially with his buffs recently. Galactic war shard the general opinion is Luminara. The patch yesterday made Jedi very weak to sith. I don't know if she's the best choice any more. The next few days we will see.

I'll add a few things as I think of them.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Jerkface posted:

Do not spend 5 dollars on a stormtrooper

Just got started on this after seeing thr movie only to find that the stormtrooper is now a Greedo.

I'm assuming I shouldn't buy it and just farm shards forever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Kegslayer posted:

Just got started on this after seeing thr movie only to find that the stormtrooper is now a Greedo.

I'm assuming I shouldn't buy it and just farm shards forever?

do not spend 5 dollars on greedo

if you're really wanting to drop money on this wait for a pack that includes some must have big name characters / jedi / sith dudes. Dooku if you can get him is pretty bonkers because his 25% counter chance is actually a 100% counter chance in arena

• Locked thread