Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

The Force Awakens Ultimate Bundle, Guaranteed 4-star! Time left: 6d 23h
Limited Time Offer!
128 U.S. dollars

This is some beyond Grognard level of pricing structure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
It is really fun to beat someone in arena who bought that pack, though.

Also captain phasma is really good. Downside is there doesn't seem any way to farm her shards, you can only buy them.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Dreylad posted:

It is really fun to beat someone in arena who bought that pack, though.

Also captain phasma is really good. Downside is there doesn't seem any way to farm her shards, you can only buy them.

Phasma's in Cantina Shards I think. Galactic War thanks.

Pyronic fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Dec 19, 2015

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Galactic War, Poe's the one you can buy in the Cantina. All of the new characters are farmable, which is nice

Sarmhan fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Dec 19, 2015

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Pimpmust posted:

The Force Awakens Ultimate Bundle, Guaranteed 4-star! Time left: 6d 23h
Limited Time Offer!
128 U.S. dollars

This is some beyond Grognard level of pricing structure.

They had some cheaper bundles but they were all time limited. I'd be down to buy Yoda or Jedi Luke for $5 or $10. Dooku was certainly a good value.

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
Ally code is

149-294-833

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Just be aware the grind for epic materials in your 50's and beyond is attrocious in this game. I'm talking 2 materials per 120 energy, and you need 20 of them. If this isn't something you can handle, I'd probably stop playing.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61

Zotix posted:

Just be aware the grind for epic materials in your 50's and beyond is attrocious in this game. I'm talking 2 materials per 120 energy, and you need 20 of them. If this isn't something you can handle, I'd probably stop playing.

The gear crafting requirements do get insane. I don't play much anymore since it's kind of a slog now.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I opened a 350 pack and got a Kylo Ren feeling blessed

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
I just started this game courtesy of the Android Gaming thread. What should I know besides what's already in the thread to help get off to a fast start?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

If you spend money gems are better spent on energy than pack pulls.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
This game has absorbed my life lately.

Ally code is 844-163-665

Word to the wise, I got Phasma up to 4-star and her as leader with the First Order TIE Pilot and Stormtrooper, then a healer of some sort (Talia or the Consular) and a tank (Stormtrooper Han or Chewie) and they get me through like 75% of the Galactic War before I have to bring out my big guns. She's a great leader.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Phasma is an amazing leader, even if you have no other first order characters. Beyond her leader skill she has solid durability and a highly useful ability set.

Apparently they turned on *all* the challenges today. enjoy getting lots of everything.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Every Sunday all challenges are open like similar games.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Getting Poe Dameron up to speed is fun. His Taunt puts the "Exposed" on all enemies, then follow up with any area damage character, no matter how weak, to drop the entire enemy team HP by 20%.
Plus, Poe Dameron was awesome in the film. I would say to go see it if you haven't, but c'mon, if you're reading a thread about this game, you've already seen it at least once.

Also, I'm going F2P as far as possible in this game, so I'll probably never get to use him, but just look at the skills for Kylo Ren. Goddamn, what a beast. What the hell is "Retribution"?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Mezzanine posted:

Getting Poe Dameron up to speed is fun. His Taunt puts the "Exposed" on all enemies, then follow up with any area damage character, no matter how weak, to drop the entire enemy team HP by 20%.
Plus, Poe Dameron was awesome in the film. I would say to go see it if you haven't, but c'mon, if you're reading a thread about this game, you've already seen it at least once.

Also, I'm going F2P as far as possible in this game, so I'll probably never get to use him, but just look at the skills for Kylo Ren. Goddamn, what a beast. What the hell is "Retribution"?

I've had Kylo show up in the "Allies" selection before and he is really, really strong.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Mezzanine posted:

The general consensus is that his attributes end up being exceptionally low for an attacker and it hurts his toolkit. There have been a few writeups on the subreddit about him and that's what they all end up saying.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Zotix posted:

The general consensus is that his attributes end up being exceptionally low for an attacker and it hurts his toolkit. There have been a few writeups on the subreddit about him and that's what they all end up saying.

Well, I'll be damned if that isn't true to his character :lol:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

This is a pretty rad game.
How is the current Dark Side Starter Pack (drops a 2-star Greedo, a bunch of crystals and various shards, credits, etc.)? I can't find this Dooku one that everyone's talking about.

allsizesfitone
May 7, 2007
People never notice anything.

Drone posted:

This is a pretty rad game.
How is the current Dark Side Starter Pack (drops a 2-star Greedo, a bunch of crystals and various shards, credits, etc.)? I can't find this Dooku one that everyone's talking about.

Jerkface posted:

do not spend 5 dollars on greedo

if you're really wanting to drop money on this wait for a pack that includes some must have big name characters / jedi / sith dudes. Dooku if you can get him is pretty bonkers because his 25% counter chance is actually a 100% counter chance in arena

Hopefully something better takes his place in the next starter pack.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Dooku is a character that i feel has a lot of value at early and mid game but drastically falls off late game. I don't know much about greedo but he could be the opposite. There are a lot of characters that people just don't know about and their synergies.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Ive added a few people from the main android games thread, heres my friends code: 668-495-359

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Zotix posted:

Dooku is a character that i feel has a lot of value at early and mid game but drastically falls off late game. I don't know much about greedo but he could be the opposite. There are a lot of characters that people just don't know about and their synergies.

I'm level 54 and I still fear the Dooku. He can attack so god drat much sometimes and just wreck a team. I didn't like Greedo because his grenades take too long.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
So what are some early game priorities for noobs, especially for those that want to stay (mostly) f2p?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Read my post from the first page I think. It tells you who to get from each shipment type. Other than that just do everything you can each day. Everything else depends on what characters you have.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

General consensus so far:

Jedi Consular (Easy to farm and gear, strong)
Chewie (easy to farm, strong)
Old Daka from Cantina (dark side lacks healers)
Sidious from Arena (probably best character in game, recently buffed for no apparent reason)
Luminara from Galactic War (strong attack who can heal)

The only character I think is "required" to target is Old Daka. There just are no other options for dark side healers, and she's strong in and of herself.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I'd also add resistance trooper as an option. Even after the fix he does good damage and expose is an amazing status effect. For GCW, Phasma is definitely a good bet after Luminara. I've been increasingly impressed with her. Also Luminara does have early shard drops on the map while Phasma does not.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Is anyone running droids/tusken? All those extra attacks stack with Phasmas leader ability sometimes giving you double counters/triple attacks. What's a good mission to blow sim tickets on?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

OxMan posted:

Is anyone running droids/tusken? All those extra attacks stack with Phasmas leader ability sometimes giving you double counters/triple attacks. What's a good mission to blow sim tickets on?

I've thought about doing a droid team before, but it seems like early on everyone gets a couple Jawas which do stuns or extra damage to droids (they gave me a 4 star to start and the other I think started as a 3 star) which would be a good counter to the droids that most people are running naturally. As I rise through the ranks I rarely see jawas or droids at all.

With the tickets you shouldn't just be picking a mission and blowing them out on them without a reward in mind. Look at your teams gear, search for what parts you need and then do those as needed. EDIT: I guess if nothing else you could use them on cantina squad table missions because they all drop ability shards.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Dec 20, 2015

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Blackchamber posted:

With the tickets you shouldn't just be picking a mission and blowing them out on them without a reward in mind. Look at your teams gear, search for what parts you need and then do those as needed. EDIT: I guess if nothing else you could use them on cantina squad table missions because they all drop ability shards.

I was thinking on blowing them on shard missions myself but then i remembered reading an earlier post about post 50 material gathering being insane so i think ill just save them for that. Thanks.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Greedo is garbage. Dooku is still a loving beast.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Don't worry too much about the raid tickets. When you start aggressively using them to gather stuff, you'll already be using purple gems for stamina refills, which come with enough tickets anyway.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Dooku is starting to see less and less action on my teams in the mid 50s. His health is just too low and he's fragile as hell. When I see one on the enemy team I just stun him and kill him with 2 or 3 attacks.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Well yeah, you kill him early because you know what kind of damage he can do if you ignore him. ;)

I guess I'm still in a position where he's useful. I'm 52 but my primary team is 47-50. I spread myself a little thin by trying too many folks and levelling some C listers to help when I used to get short on fodder for Galactic War, but that isn't happening much these days. All that said, I don't see myself benching him any time soon. The AI doesn't handle him nearly as well as a player would.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I actually kill him last. His damage is terrible honestly. I target healers first. Ability interrupt chewie so he doesn't taunt if there is one, finish killing any healers, then kill chewie, then Dooku last while stunned. He really is a mediocre character if you can CC him.

I just got Lumi to 6* gear VII. She is just a monster. 2-2.5k normal attacks. Crits around 4k. I've gotta figure out who I want to focus on next in galactic war as I'll have her completed by this time next week. There seems to be a huge power jump around 6*. Larger than anything I've seen before that. Maybe it's just her and other characters won't power spike as well.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Yeah you're way further than I am.. Maybe you're right, but for now, he's still part of my A-team.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Zotix posted:

I actually kill him last. His damage is terrible honestly. I target healers first. Ability interrupt chewie so he doesn't taunt if there is one, finish killing any healers, then kill chewie, then Dooku last while stunned. He really is a mediocre character if you can CC him.

I just got Lumi to 6* gear VII. She is just a monster. 2-2.5k normal attacks. Crits around 4k. I've gotta figure out who I want to focus on next in galactic war as I'll have her completed by this time next week. There seems to be a huge power jump around 6*. Larger than anything I've seen before that. Maybe it's just her and other characters won't power spike as well.

The only problem with Dooku is that he's probably still 4 star for most people, while other characters are 5/6/7 stars. He just can't compete as a 4 star. I finish top 10 in Arena most nights, and I still use Dooku at 54, but I feel like those days are nearing an end because I can't level him fast enough. Barriss was already retired for that same reason.

allsizesfitone
May 7, 2007
People never notice anything.
Finally got to ally code level. I'll try to add people, but my number is 394-749-438 if anyone wants yet another Chewie leader ally.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

My first man was a 4 star Windu from basic chromium draw, and I have a strong Jedi build up and now they're all dead to Sith in any arena battle.

Just like the movies...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Wow the game's been so easy so far I wasn't expecting to get wrecked so badly in the second Challenge that unlocks, where you have to use Attackers only.

I don't have many characters and can't even field a full dark side squad yet, so not having my max-trained Captain Phasma, Chewwie, Consular, or Royal Guard and having to use instead a not really levelled 3* Jawa and 1* lvl1 Ewok along with the Clone Sergeant who I find pretty mediocre really throws me for a loop when the Resistance Trooper and Snowtrooper are the only ones dealing any real damage and then Tarkin 1-shots the entire squad when his ability lock wears off. Tried levelling up those unused characters but they still seem to suck and spending more on them seems a waste since the game is about collecting new ones.

Either way, still surprised how much fun doing anything Star Wars is, even an energy-based microtransaction-grabber. Ally code: 923-857-773

Metos fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Dec 21, 2015

• Locked thread