Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
commish
Sep 17, 2009

My favorite bug is fighting Chewie in Darkside mission 5A. This fucker has a turn every 2 seconds, and even when he's healing or taunting, HE STILL SHOOTS ME AT THE SAME TIME. I couldn't beat him despite outleveling him and having nearly all my strong guys on my team. He just kept healing.

But the real reason I will quit this game is the drop rate of items/shards. I just spent 120 energy, 12 fights, on Kylo and got 0 shards. How is this a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
It's a ploy to get your cash. Stay strong!

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

The EA is strong in this one.

Bought 8 cards in a moment of curiosity/weakness and got... The First order officer***, half a dozen shards for other characters and uh... Not much. Terrible.

Did figure out the 2*50 crystals thing for getting some more tickets per Day, but both the energy and shard gain is terrible compared to future fight.

I think my jawa is my most killy character at this point, but the FOO is pretty good too.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Added all you dudes. Add me I'm a newborn baby whale!

666-772-988

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Tagichatn posted:

Do you have him or just played against him? Looking at his kit, the one ability that hits hard requires him to be at 50% life and I've heard his base stats are low for an attacker.

Yeah I have him. He counter attacks like 80% of the time. When his HP gets low you can reuse his special ability virtually every turn. Maybe it's just anecdotal but his debuff on attack seems to proc all the time.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Harlock posted:

Yeah I have him. He counter attacks like 80% of the time. When his HP gets low you can reuse his special ability virtually every turn. Maybe it's just anecdotal but his debuff on attack seems to proc all the time.

I have two counter attackers right now: Dooku and Kit Fisto. The latter does not counter 100% of the time but he does also have the double attack %, though that's also lower than Dooku's. I want Kylo Ren so I can just just be absolutely deadly against AoEs. I've been saving up my crystals from dalies and such and I'm about 2 days away from an 8 pull. Cross your fingers!

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I firmly believe this game gives saving roll bonuses to defenders. The dodge/ evade/ deflect bullshit I've seen is unreal.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

It would be pretty smart of them to hand out daily 1-3 star random packs like FF. Maybe it's because heroes has fewer characters still.

My code is 297-646-178, not that Im sure what that does yet.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Levantine posted:

I have two counter attackers right now: Dooku and Kit Fisto. The latter does not counter 100% of the time but he does also have the double attack %, though that's also lower than Dooku's. I want Kylo Ren so I can just just be absolutely deadly against AoEs. I've been saving up my crystals from dalies and such and I'm about 2 days away from an 8 pull. Cross your fingers!

Use Google survey money and buy a 350 crystal pack. 100% success rate for me.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Harlock posted:

Use Google survey money and buy a 350 crystal pack. 100% success rate for me.

I used my survey money to buy an 8 pack already. That's how I got Kit Fisto, and also Cad Bane and a bunch of shards for my existing dudes.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

commish posted:

But the real reason I will quit this game is the drop rate of items/shards. I just spent 120 energy, 12 fights, on Kylo and got 0 shards. How is this a thing?

It's absolutely disgusting. I just went through 120 stamina myself and didn't get a piece. The problem is you don't see this until you are level 50. So everyone has fun at the beginning playing all of their favorite characters and then bam a month in you hit this wall. Hopefully you haven't spent any money because you basically need to shell out a lot more to gear up. If you go with what the game regenerates over the course of the day, and 2 50 gem refills it'll take a month for one piece.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I don't know how allies work but I put Kylo in my leader spot if anyone wants to try him out.

842-793-256

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Harlock posted:

I don't know how allies work but I put Kylo in my leader spot if anyone wants to try him out.

842-793-256

Nope. I see Chewie. However realized never posted mine. 913-937-512 low 40s with phasma leader. ATM I'm still ahead of the gear curve havin main team with Gear V and just need to level up for gear VI. Still need more dark side heroes to do missions. Old daka is coming so slow. But Sid should be unlocked by the weekend.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Levantine posted:

Do we ever get more than 35 friend slots? Sorry if I haven't added some of you but I'm totally full!

I'm convinced sometimes the game just tells you when you're done. I had an arena match that was going really well until like 9 attacks in a row missed and the enemy did nothing but crit my team to death.

a lot of the Sith got buffed to have more evade vs Jedi was that it>?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Pyronic posted:

a lot of the Sith got buffed to have more evade vs Jedi was that it>?

I was having the opposite problem, Jedi dodging my Sith.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Hughlander posted:

Nope. I see Chewie. However realized never posted mine. 913-937-512 low 40s with phasma leader. ATM I'm still ahead of the gear curve havin main team with Gear V and just need to level up for gear VI. Still need more dark side heroes to do missions. Old daka is coming so slow. But Sid should be unlocked by the weekend.

I changed him to be the leader on the arena, neutral, and dark side team. Aside from fighting battles and doing it that way not sure what else to do.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Is that Boba Fett for Rey shards thing live? I don't see it. I just got a notification for it on my phone, too.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Zotix posted:

It's absolutely disgusting. I just went through 120 stamina myself and didn't get a piece. The problem is you don't see this until you are level 50. So everyone has fun at the beginning playing all of their favorite characters and then bam a month in you hit this wall. Hopefully you haven't spent any money because you basically need to shell out a lot more to gear up. If you go with what the game regenerates over the course of the day, and 2 50 gem refills it'll take a month for one piece.

Yeah, gearing up is a HUGE grind. I'd be okay with that if I was getting pieces with each pull. I stopped farming for a bunch of characters because I realized I was just throwing stamina away and getting absolutely nothing. All this sucks most of all because it's star wars - I want to collect the guys I like. But I can't. The game is forcing me to focus on a very narrow group of characters and ignore the rest. So, I spend most of my energy getting gear, knowing that, without spending money, it will take me MONTHS to get even a group of 5 characters to 7* with all level 8 gear. It needs to be tuned. Worst part is, they copied this gameplay model from other games (e.g., Heroes Charge) that handle this issue so much better. I don't know how you can see a system that works, copy it, make it worse on purpose, then release it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

commish posted:

I don't know how you can see a system that works, copy it, make it worse on purpose, then release it.

If they're perfect from the beginning we can't praise them for improving. Right now there's nowhere to go but up. :)

Edit: Just got my Consular to 4-star, got an Ewok Elder this morning on my Bronzium card.. Already have a 4-star Talia, plus 4-star Old Daka. To top it all off, I'll have Luminara at 5-stars by this time tomorrow! Almost done with my "gently caress you" run-out-the-clock Healer Squad for PVP. It's probably going to suck, but I'm going to try it anyway.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Dec 23, 2015

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Id is 944393464

Does light side have any dudes that can carry me as hard as friendly Sidious' are?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Deep Winter posted:

Id is 944393464

Does light side have any dudes that can carry me as hard as friendly Sidious' are?

Luminara is one of the best healers in the game (arguably even the best) but also has a great leader ability and a devastating Force Push style direct damage thing. I should still have friend space if you want to find my code, she's my main.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

New Leaf posted:

Luminara is one of the best healers in the game (arguably even the best) but also has a great leader ability and a devastating Force Push style direct damage thing. I should still have friend space if you want to find my code, she's my main.

do you still run Consular even with Luminara?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Levantine posted:

do you still run Consular even with Luminara?

Naa, only for like Galactic War when my reserves are running low. I keep him leveled just in case, but I haven't had a need to pull him out lately.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

commish posted:

Yeah, gearing up is a HUGE grind. I'd be okay with that if I was getting pieces with each pull. I stopped farming for a bunch of characters because I realized I was just throwing stamina away and getting absolutely nothing. All this sucks most of all because it's star wars - I want to collect the guys I like. But I can't. The game is forcing me to focus on a very narrow group of characters and ignore the rest. So, I spend most of my energy getting gear, knowing that, without spending money, it will take me MONTHS to get even a group of 5 characters to 7* with all level 8 gear. It needs to be tuned. Worst part is, they copied this gameplay model from other games (e.g., Heroes Charge) that handle this issue so much better. I don't know how you can see a system that works, copy it, make it worse on purpose, then release it.

I think a lot of it is the daily challenges are missing the higher level gear. I'm not talking about training droids, ability mats, etc. I mean the ones that actually drop gear components. We are missing the end game ones right now. Only one of them drops a purple component, and there are 10+ different types of purple gear. This means currently you are forced to dump tons of energy into running farming gear.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?
Been playing since last Friday, I've already added a bunch of you but anyone else feel free: 364-739-281, currently using Finn/Phasma as my leaders. Love the game but I can already see the pay wall ahead even in my late 30s, or maybe I am just too impatient. But will definitely keep playing in the short-term at least and hope the game gets a bit more user-friendly down the road.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

They need to add George Lucas and Jar Jar so I can have a biggest jokes of Star Wars team.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Zotix posted:

I think a lot of it is the daily challenges are missing the higher level gear. I'm not talking about training droids, ability mats, etc. I mean the ones that actually drop gear components. We are missing the end game ones right now. Only one of them drops a purple component, and there are 10+ different types of purple gear. This means currently you are forced to dump tons of energy into running farming gear.

This actually makes a ton of sense. It would go a LONG way toward alleviating the issue.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

This is pretty neat so far. Hopefully I can stay strong and not sink any money into it.

I'm starting to add allies, so here's my code: 596-154-623

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
just started and dropped the cash for the HK47 pack. I've always liked him.

ally code: 215-744-429

How do I set the character that my allies get?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

It's the leader of your last used arena team

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Rubicon posted:

just started and dropped the cash for the HK47 pack. I've always liked him.

ally code: 215-744-429

How do I set the character that my allies get?

Allies get your most recently used leader although I'm not sure if it pulls from LS/DS/Cantina battles independently or what. Also you will probably want to farm Poggle the Lesser from the galactic war once you hit level 40. Luminara is a better character overall and also farmable from GW but Poggle owns with droid teams.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Hey, I'm on iOS. My Ally Code is 153-527-379. I'll be slowly adding everyone who put their codes in.

This has been easily my favorite mobile game. This is more fun than even some PC games I've played. Everything about this game just feels right.

Best part is I never feel like I need to drop money on the game. Which will probably make me drop money on the game.

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
Holy poo poo there are too many goons now. I tried to make room by getting rid of people around my level. If I removed a goon, resend the request.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Cession posted:

Added all you dudes. Add me I'm a newborn baby whale!

666-772-988

You lucky bastard getting 666 in your ally code.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

I just started and am trying to figure out what guys I'm supposed to go for, what # of what roles do you need in your standard party?

I read that two healers is useful, did they mean in the same party? How many tanks do I need to have?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

thechalkoutline posted:

I just started and am trying to figure out what guys I'm supposed to go for, what # of what roles do you need in your standard party?

I read that two healers is useful, did they mean in the same party? How many tanks do I need to have?

There's no hard and fast rule but two healers, one tank and two damage dealers is a good mix for a single party. It's gets murkier because light side and dark side are segregated in PvE but can mix together in cantina and PvP. Dark side only has two healers and one of them is lovely (Talia) although Old Daka can be farmed from cantina shipments.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I wouldn't classify Talia as lovely per say. She's got one thing going for her, she's easily farmable. I started like 3-4 weeks ago and I'm at 29/100 shards to 7* on her. She's already at like 3k+ power. She sucks on defense but is pretty good on offense. Also both darkside healers are night sisters. I'm close to hitting 5* gear 7 on Daka. Even then Talia is better on offense although dakas stuns are nice.

Here's my Talia and she is missing some gear. She should be 7* by the end of the weekend if I have enough credits.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Dec 24, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Tagichatn posted:

There's no hard and fast rule but two healers, one tank and two damage dealers is a good mix for a single party. It's gets murkier because light side and dark side are segregated in PvE but can mix together in cantina and PvP. Dark side only has two healers and one of them is lovely (Talia) although Old Daka can be farmed from cantina shipments.

Don't sell Talia short, she acts really well as an attacker too, and her heal can be really clutch sometimes. I got lucky with a pull early on and got her to 4-star, she's one of my highest level people and in my PVP group.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Talia shines when you can have a wall of tanks in front of her. With at least two trading taunts. Otherwise she can heal herself with her basic attacks which is extremely useful. Now if only her DoT attack also healed her...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Ay least three of my friends are 7 star Sheevs.

:psyduck:

• Locked thread