Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
commish
Sep 17, 2009

Zotix posted:

About 8 weeks to swgoh 4 weeks. They have loads of contests too. Not just holidays.

Global version of Seven Knights came out in the beginning of October, and it's a localized version of the Korean game that has been out for a few years. Not really fair to compare that to this game, which was started from scratch and just released.

That's no excuse for EA doing nothing. Even a free chromium pack would have been better than this stupid contest that I don't even understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'd rather have a ton of mediocre stuff that's earned through contests playing the game. Rather than just giving stuff for free.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Grey Fox posted:

I haven't been playing long enough to hit the retaliation roadblock, but drat those Geonosians.

Second most frustrating thing is when a crew of five stormtroopers all use their AOE to begin a fight; that typically takes down my healer and another offense-heavy character.
Yeah there's a mission that's the end of light side 4 I think where it's 5 recon Stormtroopers who immediately all throw their grenades, if you survive that with more than 3 party members alive good job, because once you whittle down the troopers with your tanks you reach stage 2, which is 6 recon troopers who immediately throw their grenades.

I just never went back, despite being 8 levels higher now then when I unlocked that mission.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Wait until the Jawa's.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Was finally able to reach the #1 spot in arena. I attribute my temporary success to the stupidity of the AI.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Metos posted:

Yeah there's a mission that's the end of light side 4 I think where it's 5 recon Stormtroopers who immediately all throw their grenades, if you survive that with more than 3 party members alive good job, because once you whittle down the troopers with your tanks you reach stage 2, which is 6 recon troopers who immediately throw their grenades.

I just never went back, despite being 8 levels higher now then when I unlocked that mission.

Light side 4 is such garbage. I got almost 20 levels over the Hard mode dudes and I still can't 3 star those.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Ugh, I saved up crystals and bought an 8 pull. Totally not worth it. Nothing but shards for characters I don't have. I did get enough to promote Talia to 5* but that is not worth 2500 crystals.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I told you all that before. Unless you are going super whale use your crystals on energy.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
Is the Heroine Starter Bundle worth it? I think I could use Barriss and it'd be three new characters.

edit: did some more research and have decided not to buy it.

Rubicon fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Dec 26, 2015

so edgy i cut YOU BITCH
Apr 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Just started playing a few days ago and could really use some allies to help carry me through the light/dark side quests.

Any invites are very appreciated:
384-267-786

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Rubicon posted:

Is the Heroine Starter Bundle worth it? I think I could use Barriss and it'd be three new characters.

Even after the next Barris is still good. You get shards for luminara. And shards for asajj. It's not terrible.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Rubicon posted:

Depends on your gently caress around cash. I think the force awakens pack is better since it has like $50 in gems alone. But Barriss is useful in GWA forever and just got me to top 20 arena. But since I'm unlocking Lum in an hour and Sid in Eight hours she's probably leaving my arena team.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

You know Barris rocks at? The heal on attack chance. That poo poo owns when it procs. That's not worth $50,but she still sits in a lot of my teams. And her heal going through heal immunity owns too.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I think the heroine pack is probably better than the force awakens one. Kylo looks good but Finn looks pretty meh. Barriss is still good, especially in galactic war where you want that sustainability. Ahsako and Asaji are decent but mediocre. Both of them can be farmed but should probably come second after Sidious and Daka.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
well, I decided to try a single pull and got Luminara. I just looked my shard total for her and I'm 2 away from 4 starring her. I'm pretty happy with that pull.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Rubicon posted:

well, I decided to try a single pull and got Luminara. I just looked my shard total for her and I'm 2 away from 4 starring her. I'm pretty happy with that pull.

That's my plan to take a spin just before buying her last shard pack. Hope I have your luck!

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
Did the four pack gem thing, got a whole bunch of shards for lovely characters and a four star kylo ren so I'm putting that in the win column.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?
After my 1* IG-86 out-damaging a lot of my 2*-4* guys I decided to treat myself and shelled out for the Droid bundle. Was able to get IG-88 and HK47 up to lvl 4 gear pretty quick and bump 86 up from 1* to 3* with the extra shards, and find them to be pretty fun to use. They don't seem to have lots of HP so I'll have to keep them with a healer/tank until I get Poggle etc., but the first Bronzium pack of the day was a shiny 4* Bariss :hellyeah: so I'm very happy with that. Also blew all of my crystals/credits leveling them all up and gearing them and Bariss but whatever, I may be able to finally get through GW

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

At lvl 42 now and got Chewie up to 4 stars with the Consular next, Asajj, Ahsoka and Luminara are coming along too, will have to get on Sidious, Old Daka, Phasma, Rey between that (too many characters, too little energon cubes :f5:). Grinding the 5xshards per day characters are easy enough, but the Hardx12 are just a pain of randomness (looking at you Dooku).
I haven't yet actually unlocked any characters this way, do they always start at 1 star? (gg getting Dooku up to a decent star rating if that's the case, what - hundreds of shards for 3 stars?).

Anyone know if there's a full character rooster somewhere? Either I can't navigate the EA site or its kinda garbage with information. Like, I know I've seen old school Chewie with the ammo belt and bowcaster, but the one I got is the prequel version with the wooden weapon - how does that work? Seems to be a number of characters with several different versions, are those "unlocked" at higher stars or can you have like a full team of Leia/Han/Lukes/Obi-Wan from all their own 3-5 different versions?

Musket Luke is :whatup:

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Pimpmust posted:

Anyone know if there's a full character rooster somewhere? Either I can't navigate the EA site or its kinda garbage with information. Like, I know I've seen old school Chewie with the ammo belt and bowcaster, but the one I got is the prequel version with the wooden weapon - how does that work? Seems to be a number of characters with several different versions, are those "unlocked" at higher stars or can you have like a full team of Leia/Han/Lukes/Obi-Wan from all their own 3-5 different versions?

Musket Luke is :whatup:
swgohcantina.com has all the playable characters, there are AI-only versions of characters (like Jedi Luke) but the only character that has two playable versions I can think of is Jedi Knight Anakin/Darth Vader.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

There's only one type of Chewie obtainable.

http://www.swgohcantina.com/hero-stats/

Link for all characters in the game.

In-case anyone cares about what a basically maxed Lumi looks like stat wise, here you go.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Dec 26, 2015

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I used to fear luminara but barista coffee is my new (darth) bane. Even in best case scenario focus her down fights she'll still get off at least a heal.

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

Digging this game. Added everyone in the thread; my code is 357-176-867

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

OxMan posted:

I used to fear luminara but barista coffee is my new (darth) bane. Even in best case scenario focus her down fights she'll still get off at least a heal.

Don't focus her down, she's weak against aoe damage since her heal is so weak. My arena team has decent aoe and a lot of the time they don't even do enough damage to trigger her heal first turn. Then I can focus down a squishy before her second turn.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Tagichatn posted:

Don't focus her down, she's weak against aoe damage since her heal is so weak. My arena team has decent aoe and a lot of the time they don't even do enough damage to trigger her heal first turn. Then I can focus down a squishy before her second turn.

A leveled up one at 40 plus will heal 3/4ths of her shitton of green bars, without even counting heals by saber. I think it's one of those things like talia where she buffs out later on or some th ing, except I've been seeing her more and more. Her and Dookus incessant countering are what grind my galactic war teams down.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
How are you supposed to do Dark Side battles early on when you can barely field half a squad, and half of that half squad are all 1*?

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Get shards for them on the Light Side missions, etc, as well as farm up some dark guys from cantina, arena, etc.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
Ally code is 187-483-725!

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Eddain posted:

How are you supposed to do Dark Side battles early on when you can barely field half a squad, and half of that half squad are all 1*?
Finishing light side 2 or something like that gave me a snowtrooper, and I'm level 40 and didn't have someone for the final slot so I downloaded the android emulator thing bluestacks because when you log into it from there you get a free ig-86 so I finally have a full dark side squad.

Another 3 days until sidious and god knows how long until dooku. The bad part of the game when going free to play is character unlocking.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

kaschei posted:

swgohcantina.com has all the playable characters, there are AI-only versions of characters (like Jedi Luke) but the only character that has two playable versions I can think of is Jedi Knight Anakin/Darth Vader.

Ah, okay. That would explain it.

Maybe they'll introduce them as alternative costumes, unless there's some reason to have different abilities / dark or light side version (maybe a limit to 1 of a certain character in a team).

Still, I'd like to see an all Chewie or Obi-Wan team :colbert:

e: speaking of Anakin, just had a run in with him in the Squad battle trying to get below 500 and wow, I beat up his team easy enough (Talia/Consular as healers, Chewie as tank and Phasma I think) but Anakin... he attacked like twice for each turn, did his AoE thing that landed 900-1100 damage on everyone and then his basic attack that could do the same. Too much HP to kill quickly so I had to go for the healers first, and despite managing that and having a unit advantage Anakin just slaughtered my team :gonk:

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Dec 27, 2015

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Eddain posted:

If you're on android, log in via bluestacks and you get a free robot to fill out your team.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005

Kegslayer posted:

If you're on android, log in via bluestacks and you get a free robot to fill out your team.

Did you have to do anything special to get SW:GoH to run? It keeps crashing on me.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Not really, I was able to install, get the free robot and uninstall in the space of like 10 or so minutes

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Dooku is a complete pain and I have no way to really counter him yet. Is there any solid method? I'd guess Old Ben or Luke would be a good way to shut him down quickly.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

iGestalt posted:

Dooku is a complete pain and I have no way to really counter him yet. Is there any solid method? I'd guess Old Ben or Luke would be a good way to shut him down quickly.

To deal with counter-attackers:

1) Stun them. Luke is good for this.
2) If possible, hit them with your tank(s) instead of your squishies to avoid losing team members.
3) DOTs (Talia, etc)
4) Use procs or buffs that don't damage them at the same time. Just some of the top of my head
- Poe's Taunt procs with Expose. Follow up with a big hit hoping for a one-shot kill
- Dooku himself, as well as Old Daka, can stun indirectly if you're lucky
- Phasma's buff doesn't do damage. Again, buff then hit him hard.

It really sucks if you're in Campaign and he's all that's left, forcing you to attack him with everyone so that he scrapes away valuable HP and may even take one of your guys with him :(

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
I have a few spots left: 773-681-626. Level 52 currently.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Mezzanine posted:

To deal with counter-attackers:

1) Stun them. Luke is good for this.
2) If possible, hit them with your tank(s) instead of your squishies to avoid losing team members.
3) DOTs (Talia, etc)
4) Use procs or buffs that don't damage them at the same time. Just some of the top of my head
- Poe's Taunt procs with Expose. Follow up with a big hit hoping for a one-shot kill
- Dooku himself, as well as Old Daka, can stun indirectly if you're lucky
- Phasma's buff doesn't do damage. Again, buff then hit him hard.

It really sucks if you're in Campaign and he's all that's left, forcing you to attack him with everyone so that he scrapes away valuable HP and may even take one of your guys with him :(

Yeah. He just wrecks me in Galactic War, which is a complete pain. Going to farm Luke, I think, to see about a counter. May make a group just to kill him if he shows up, then throw my good group against the rest.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I wouldn't really focus on a team to kill Dooku. Here's the thing, for 99.9% of players he's going to be at 3/4 stars. In your 50s a lot of your team is going to be 5*+. People will start using him less and less because his stats are garbage at that point. If you run into him, kill him last. Get your Sidious asap, focus down healers and low hp characters first.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Zotix posted:

I wouldn't really focus on a team to kill Dooku. Here's the thing, for 99.9% of players he's going to be at 3/4 stars. In your 50s a lot of your team is going to be 5*+. People will start using him less and less because his stats are garbage at that point. If you run into him, kill him last. Get your Sidious asap, focus down healers and low hp characters first.

Yeah, I see him less and less the higher ranks that I get. I am level 59 now and I don't see him more often than I do. I usually leave Dooku for last unless I get a stun on him. Sometimes I'll use Lumi's big attack on Dooku then finish him off, but it depends on how many healers the other team has. Nothing worse than getting him down to 10% health then having a Barris heal him to full. Almost always a loss if that happens.

That said, he really is a pain to deal with, and a skill lock on him should also prevent his counter.

The #1 worst character to face is and will always be god drat Ben. Second will be Leia, who is so strong. The damage she does is just silly. It's kind of annoying how the developers made many of the best characters pay-only, but at the same time, they made their monetization system genius (for their own bottom line). Really, the only area where we are competing with each other is in arena, and they made it so that even if you have a relatively weak arena team, you'll get a good number of arena tokens to unlock new characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The 2 pilots are incredibly powerful for some reason too.

• Locked thread