Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

The Force Awakens Ultimate Bundle, Guaranteed 4-star! Time left: 6d 23h
Limited Time Offer!
128 U.S. dollars

This is some beyond Grognard level of pricing structure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

The EA is strong in this one.

Bought 8 cards in a moment of curiosity/weakness and got... The First order officer***, half a dozen shards for other characters and uh... Not much. Terrible.

Did figure out the 2*50 crystals thing for getting some more tickets per Day, but both the energy and shard gain is terrible compared to future fight.

I think my jawa is my most killy character at this point, but the FOO is pretty good too.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

It would be pretty smart of them to hand out daily 1-3 star random packs like FF. Maybe it's because heroes has fewer characters still.

My code is 297-646-178, not that Im sure what that does yet.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

At lvl 42 now and got Chewie up to 4 stars with the Consular next, Asajj, Ahsoka and Luminara are coming along too, will have to get on Sidious, Old Daka, Phasma, Rey between that (too many characters, too little energon cubes :f5:). Grinding the 5xshards per day characters are easy enough, but the Hardx12 are just a pain of randomness (looking at you Dooku).
I haven't yet actually unlocked any characters this way, do they always start at 1 star? (gg getting Dooku up to a decent star rating if that's the case, what - hundreds of shards for 3 stars?).

Anyone know if there's a full character rooster somewhere? Either I can't navigate the EA site or its kinda garbage with information. Like, I know I've seen old school Chewie with the ammo belt and bowcaster, but the one I got is the prequel version with the wooden weapon - how does that work? Seems to be a number of characters with several different versions, are those "unlocked" at higher stars or can you have like a full team of Leia/Han/Lukes/Obi-Wan from all their own 3-5 different versions?

Musket Luke is :whatup:

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

kaschei posted:

swgohcantina.com has all the playable characters, there are AI-only versions of characters (like Jedi Luke) but the only character that has two playable versions I can think of is Jedi Knight Anakin/Darth Vader.

Ah, okay. That would explain it.

Maybe they'll introduce them as alternative costumes, unless there's some reason to have different abilities / dark or light side version (maybe a limit to 1 of a certain character in a team).

Still, I'd like to see an all Chewie or Obi-Wan team :colbert:

e: speaking of Anakin, just had a run in with him in the Squad battle trying to get below 500 and wow, I beat up his team easy enough (Talia/Consular as healers, Chewie as tank and Phasma I think) but Anakin... he attacked like twice for each turn, did his AoE thing that landed 900-1100 damage on everyone and then his basic attack that could do the same. Too much HP to kill quickly so I had to go for the healers first, and despite managing that and having a unit advantage Anakin just slaughtered my team :gonk:

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Dec 27, 2015

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

That is a little weird, why the low limit? You'd think theyd capitalize on the social aspect more than just the fb connect thing and the minor bonus of a 6th party member on demand.

Speaking of GW, ran into Ace Windows, Ben Reilly and Kitten Fister backed up by Council-man and Cat Woman. I killed Oboy-When first :downs:

Lucky my C team of lvl 2 anonymous resistance pilot and lvl 1 Ewoklas could finish the job.

Question: If you buy a pack with characters you already have, do you Only get the bonus shards/credits, or do you also get more shards corresponding to the star level of the char you got?

Example: You already got IG-86 at 4 stars, but buy the bundle containing him at 1 stars + 15 shards, do you only get the +15 shards?

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Dec 28, 2015

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Didn't think about sending in the poo poo-team *first* once the going gets tough just to eat the wave of first strike attacks and special abilities, pretty smart actually.

As for the purchase of character packs and the shard value (=star value), have you actually tested it? Would suck real bad to be out a bunch of shards at these prices.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Had a go at a 300-something 9000 power rating running luke as the leader, thinking I can handle a Luke.
I get in and there's a Rey there too, with Poe tanking and Talia/Consul healing.
Got wrecked pretty hard, expose and first turn by 2200+ damage Luke and Rey is bloody brutal, even their basics did around 1000. Couldnt land my only debuff to get rid of Poe taunt either and two healers on top of that = dead.
Im starting to see the appeal of Sid.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

I bronzed up 1 guard shard today :toot:

(you lucky fuckers)

On the plus side I'm about 15 shards away from having a 5 star walking carpet on my team, If only I could get a good attacker up too... Maybe Ahsoka? Dont require many shards to lvl and I got her at 2*
The Magnaguard is tempting with all the jedi running around, but he doesn’t work on Sith, Right?

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

More Dark Side units should really have "vampiric" style self/friend healing or remove positive buff get heal yada yada. It's a little weird that the "Damage enemy Get Heal" is so common for the light side healers in comparison. You'd think they'd lean more on the self-sacrifice vs selfishness if they'd want to be thematic and still have Dark Side healing.
Or just make a dark side Coffee Barista.
Maybe some form of robot healer (more Dark Side Robots right now) that does +X% heal of other robots vs -Y% heal of living people (there's that awesome looking black 3-CPOish droid or... G0-T0).

...just add all the droids, ever. Roll out the BD-3000, Techno Union Team :whatup:

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Dec 29, 2015

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

The Royal Guard really should have a manual taunt.

Savage Opress could have a taunt I guess, fits the character. He or Maul, but then I'd have to bring those guys. Uhh, guess there's the vanilla Stormtrooper taunt...

Maybe Grievous will have a taunt whenever they add him. With the right sound effects. Twice as effective vs Jedi!

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Speaking of 4 stars, I got one from a bronzium card!

:gary: UrrRRUUROooROORR

Oh well, it's a 4 star dark side character, and a small step towards the Sand People Inshallah team.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

From facing Fives he's Kinda like a better FO stormtrooper? His basic got a speed debuff and he gets counter, so any attack against him that trigger counter also applies the speed debuff. Guessing he's real good with Phasma and/or more Clones.

Got Luminara now from GW at rank 3, not quite there yet to replace Councilar, also Holy poo poo am I short on XP drones. 1,2 mill in the bank and I can't spend it, wish basic fights granted xp like in Future Fight.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Zotix posted:

Spend crystals on cantina energy.

I do, still not enough when unlocking 2 new characters at lvl 46 *and* trying to keep my A-team tapped up (let alone the B-team) :shrug:

But maybe I'll unlock keycard battles soon and that will help, I was really short on cash before unlocking GW - it's not very beginner friendly the way the game is set up right now compared to M:FF (but maybe they have had more time to figure that out).

As for Asajj: Yeah she's poo poo slow for some weird reason, it's not like she does super damage or is really tanky, so I'm not really sure what they were thinking there. Her archetype certainly doesn't scream "slower than Jabba".

Her base speed is 75 and maxes out at 86. Compare to:
Barris: 100 base
Ahsoka: 85 base
Admiral Ackbar: 80 base (She's slower than "It's a trap!")
http://www.swgohcantina.com/character-stats/
She's the slowest in the game and the only one at 75 base speed for some reason*. The speed stat seems kinda arbritrary set, Vader, Dooku and Poggle is at 100 for example. Over half the characters are at 100 with 8 at 85 and the rest at 80 exception for Asajj.

There's one plus side, and that is that she always goes last at start so she can hopefully manage to pop the enemy buffs with her special, and with say Phasma on she might get some bonus attacks in to make up for her slow speed otherwise.

*Apparently she maxed out at 104 speed in the beta which was considered OP, so uh... "that school" of balancing I guess.

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Dec 30, 2015

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Like that rear end in a top hat who came out of nowhere with a lvl 47 4 star Sid and a 13 628 power rating (when everyone else is around 10 000, lvl 44-46) who took my #334 spot from #392 right now :wtc:

Had a draw fight with a dude who had a Phasma and a high lvl FO Pilot, drat does that dude hit like a bunch of bricks! Very squishy though. I really need some more 4-stars, this just aint' cutting it on the damage front.

e: Is the Strength in Allies achievement broken? Says I got 14/25 when my whole drat ally list if full (35 people). Does it only count people you add yourself, not the ones who send an ally request?

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 30, 2015

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, it doesn't automatically remove the expired ones? God damnit, why :negative:

Whelp, guess there's *plenty* of space now if there's any goons that want to buddy up with a lvl 46/47 (no Sid to be had here though).

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Probably not a super whale, just some guy who've stayed away from PVP until he got his Sid up.

I'm having hell of a time dealing with all these Phasma teams, can't kill her fast enough (got pretty good HP) before she does both her specials and buffs the poo poo out of the enemy team, and there's usually 2 healers + Chewie to either heal the damage done or take fire for another couple of turns, either I'm doing draws or defeats right now :sigh:

My team:
Chewie at 5 stars
Consular 3 stars
Talia 3 stars
And then some combination of:
Poe 3 stars
FO Stormtrooper, 3 stars
URoRRuRRR, 4 stars (but only lvl 43 to my other 45-46)
Ahsoka, 2 stars,
FO Officer, 3 stars

Does iOS users go up against androids or is there some other reason for *everyone* having Phasma? :argh: (Well pretty easy grinding I guess. Should get on that. Just got Luminara first, which might have been a mistake?)

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

That's nice to hear, but who should I swap out for Lumia 950 once I get her up to speed?

I suppose I should get her to at least 4 stars before going for Phasma. Can't quite grab all of GW yet, but enough to occasionally cash in on shipments twice so I've been gathering some Phasma on the side, might focus entirely on Lumia first though just to have her at a useful state.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

You might not know this, but you can push the refresh button up in the right corner to get a new draw of opponents. No guarantee they won't have a Phasma/Dooku/Sid mixed in of course (man would I trade Poe for Phasma, what the hell).

It's weird that you guys have power rating 10 000 at the 30s already, I'm at lvl 47 and people here have around 9.5 (lvl 43-45) up to 10k -10-5k at my level.

Got Luminara up now and she's amazing, going to be even better once I get some blue upgrade tokens to get her powers up to scratch.

Dark Coffee would be a pretty good idea for a dark side healer, don't even have to move Barris from the Light Side team (different versions and all).

e: Wow, what a bullshit GW I got this time. Thought it was going to go well with Luminara and all, but nope. GW throws Dooku+Sid at me. Twice. And the second time it's Bane, Opress and Talia backing them up. Bye bye my Consular and Talia.
Battle after that? Sid, Luminara, Opress, Phasma and Luke :gonk:
They open up with all attacking Asajj (Except for Sid who does the AOE). Bye bye Asajj :retreat:

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Dec 31, 2015

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Talk about Fives, mission D4c is a real bastard, two waves of clone sarges that go first... Twice and finally one clone sarge +super Elite Fives :gonk:

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

The trick to agi chall Opress: Talias spin attack does the debuff. Focus Opress, heal with Consul, not Talia: gg.

Got to the hard part of GW again, lvl 48, 5 star Sid. My max lvl, plus Luminara and Dooku. Oh dear. E: sent Ahsoka and Urr to assassinate him, worked like a charm and I even bested GW for the first time :toot:

Oh, and I got lucky again, 4 star Mace from Bronze. Not sure if I should lvl him now though, he doesn’t seem super special and lvl gear is tight as it is...

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jan 1, 2016

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Yeah I know, gotta have ol Motherfucker on the team. My lightside Only team could use him to replace Poo(e).

Just noticed a little missed opportunity, lightsaber users dont have any passive ability or even animation to deflect/return blaster boots (or Vaders hand block).

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

They seem to be a little off the ball on this whole holiday event/bundles/sales opportunity compared to... Everyone.
I think it takes way more shards to rank up at higher stars in FF but they are also super at giving out tons of chars and have good deals which helps new players.

Tried out that jedi leader that grant counterattack chance to all jedi. Up against grenade troops, aoe trigger all my jedi and they team up to gonk the poo poo out of the trooper :vince:

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jan 1, 2016

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

I think lucky Sid got a secret passive that auto-dodges Luminaras blast attack :argh:

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

New interesting AI GW cockblock team: my lvl+4 (54), Phasma, Dooku, Poggle, Jawa and Luminara. All 4 stars except Dooku at 3.
Sent in a sacrifice squad but didn't trigger Phasma AoE slow, Poggle buffs offense up, Phasma can do PEN UP.
Dooku does his poo poo and ability block, Lumy can heal or do massive damage with buffs.
My Asajj buff remover is bugged and dont actually remove those buffs even when she lands it
:negative:

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Mezzanine posted:

It works. It's considered a proc, so it's Asajj's potency versus each enemy's tenacity, and how many buffs it removes depends on how many skill upgrades Asajj has. I've got her in the high 50's and purple gear, she's a beast:
1) If Lumi doesn't / can't skill lock Chewie to prevent the taunt, wait until right after and Asajj removes it. Also removes stealth if you happen to run into Leia or whatever, and works wonders after Obi-wan dies.
2) Can stun with regular attacks. Pair with a Phasma leader to randomly stun people, or with Dooku so that he can stun the Jedi and Asajj can stun everyone else.
3) Her AOE resets all of her skill countdowns if it kills, so lower a squishy to yellow or red, AOE, repeat as necessary.
4) She gets offense up and advantage every time ANYONE dies, not just an enemy.

Seriously, for mid-level teams she's on par with Sid as far as usefulness. Highly recommended.

I know how she works, its just that she doesn’t remove certain buffs even when she procs. Otherwise it says that they resisted and her heal doesn’t trigger.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

There's been some dev posts about coming patches on their forum, https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/3859/happy-new-year-from-capital-games/p3
Highlights: lvl 70 cap (from 60 currently) in january, with more missions and cantina battles to scale with it + new tiers of Gear and Ability upgrades for characters. These new missions will have new shard locations, maybe for characters that don't have any currently but nothing concrete.
A major content update after that (maybe february or march, no set date yet).
They are looking into credit earnings, many think it's too low to really level several heroes.
New event system with long running events, but it's apparently flexible. Will probably see more stuff here.
John Salera (below) is going to bring up the Phasma/Poe thing with the team, might be a cross-over sale or something down the pipe.
Cross-over play between Android and iOS is in their backlog, but not a high priority currently (so 6+ months away, minimum I'd guess).

quote:

CG_JohnSalera wrote:
Hello Heroes!

On behalf of the entire game development team here at Capital Games, I wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year! 2015 has come to a thrilling close for us and that is directly thanks to you and the millions of people who have played our game.

I also wanted to take a moment to reflect on the last few weeks since launch, and talk about what's ahead.

We launched the game worldwide just over five weeks ago. And while we always believed in our game, we have been humbled and awed by the huge outpouring of positive response. From the reviews, to the amount of time players spend in the game each day, to the feedback on these and other forums it's clear that the game is delivering what we'd hoped: a great Star Wars experience for mobile players across the world.

During the past five weeks the team has been busy fixing bugs, adding polish, and releasing new characters. We have addressed over 200 issues since launch -- a good portion of that based on your feedback.

That being said, we know not everything is perfect and there have been some mistakes, the Barriss tuning probably chief among them. Please know we take your feedback to heart and will work hard to avoid that situation in the future. Our team has a strong culture of both listening carefully to player feedback and constantly improving the game, so please keep all the positive and negative feedback coming. @EA_Jesse and @CG_AaronNemoyten have been the main ones posting on the forum, but many of us on the team read the forums actively.

Looking ahead, we have a lot of cool stuff planned. I can't get into many specifics because schedules and priorities can change and I don't want to promise anything that isn't certain. However I can say we will continue to round out our feature set, as well as add some wonderful innovations no other game is providing.

We will also keep bringing out additional characters to provide more strategic options as well as bring some frequently-requested Star Wars icons into the game. Our game is fundamentally designed to continue to grow as Star Wars grows. I hope by now you have all had a chance to see The Force Awakens. If so, I think you'll agree the future for Star Wars looks very bright indeed!

One thing I can announce -- and something we've been hearing increasingly requested in the forums -- is that we will be raising the Player Level cap from 60 to 70 in January. This will unlock new Light Side Battles, new Dark Side Battles, and new Cantina Battles. This will also open up new tiers of Gear and Ability upgrades for characters.

Beyond that we are currently wrapping up our next major update which will bring a brand new Events system (replacing the Key Card system) as well as bunch of improvements to the overall game experience. Again, many of these changes are in alignment with your feedback.

In closing, it’s a great time to be a Star Wars fan and we are so happy to have you enjoying this Star Wars experience with us.

Thank you all again for taking the time to play our game!

John Salera, Executive Producer

quote:

Below are some specific points I wanted to cover.

First, though, I want to make sure people are clear that we have the upcoming increase of the Player Level cap from 60 to 70 coming in January. We also have what I called our "next major update". We can't give a date for that yet, but we are working hard on wrapping that one up.

Flappy wrote:
One thing I would like to see is a way to check on your allies so that you can see their progress as well. Also I think it should be easier to borrow heroes from them. Maybe as long as you are allies you should be able to pick which one of their heroes you want to borrow?

Rolf wrote:
Any plans for revamping the ally system? It's still mysterious which characters we can borrow, and we can't even see their rosters or records. (Or heck, our own record for that matter.) Or chat with our allies.

The heroes you can borrow are filtered based on the rules of the game mode you're in. For example, Light Side Battles only show light-aligned heroes. The ally system in general is meant to be a lightweight way to connect with other people, a chance to experience other characters you may not yet have in your collection, and a fluid way to augment your core team for a given game mode. This specific system could certainly be built out to be much more robust, but that is not a near term priority right now.

Deathstroke wrote:
Please do this more towards the middle or end of January. A lot of players like me who started playing only several days post-release and have logged on every day since are still having a tough time catching up, raising the level cap will only make the skill gap wider. My server only has about 5 players that have reached the max level and everyone else is in the 50-59 range, I myself am 54 and I've been completing all daily events every day since the end of November/beginning of December. I haven't really been pleased with what I got out of the Chromium bundles either but regardless please offer a little bit more time.

There won't be a perfect time for everyone to increase the player level cap to 70. Based on what we were seeing in the data and what we were hearing in the forums, we decided to move forward with the level increase. It was always planned as many here have mentioned -- it was just a question of when. I hope it doesn't negatively impact your play experience (it shouldn't).

Qeltar wrote:
Whatever this new mode is, I hope it is something people can do for a reasonable amount of time. A major issue with the game is that there simply isn't very much to do. Even if you buy a couple of refills, you end up simming because the fights are all the same and you've done them before -- they are boring. So after you've done GW and a couple of arena fights there's nothing to really do.
When the forums are more interesting than the game, that's a problem. Bored players lose interest and move on, so it's to everyone's benefit to give people more to do.

Says the person with 897 posts! Impressive... most impressive. :)

With the coming level cap increase, you'll have the option of playing through the new campaign battles (Light / Dark / Cantina), as well as pursuing new Gear and Skill upgrades.

But I'm guessing you're referring to the new Events system I mentioned. We have one major Event planned which should take most players quite a while to complete. But the system as a whole is very flexible and will let us bring out new types of battles.

The team is moving quickly, but we also want to spend time fixing bugs and ensuring that we don't introduce new ones. Hope that makes sense.

Powerlifter450 wrote:
@CG_JohnSalera, I know implementing changed takes time. I understand there are a lot of variables to consider before taking action on any issue. My chief complaint with this game is the energy system and related costs. I feel a better monetization strategy is to either cut energy recharge rates by 50% or keep pricing static. I believe many more people would be willing to spend more money on the game if energy prices were static. Say 50 or 100 crystals per refill.

If you review these forums and the online reviews for this game, you will see this is a key aggravation for your customers.

I know energy is a common topic in FTP games. There have been several threads about it, and the desire for change and more energy is somewhat mixed. (For example in this thread: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/3709/does-it-take-too-long-for-f2p-players-to-continue-playing/p1

Part of the reason we went with the scaling refill costs is to keep the initial refills cheaper so more people could do them. If we went with an average cost, that would likely exclude folks from the refills.

mamba wrote:
Shard trading please!!!! Especially excess shards for 7* toons. That would make my new year!

Ascansio wrote:
Any plans for the extra shards of 7 star characters?

Yes, this will be addressed in our next major update.

VersionsOfViolence wrote:
I'm excited about the level cap being raised.

Now how about more Vader shards being available through gameplay?

Vader shards can most effectively be earned by completing Achievements. Which means, by playing the game you can Activate and then Promote him.

Vader is clearly an important character and we thought by linking him to game progress he'd be available to everybody and also woven throughout the experience.

jafla wrote:
Excellent job so far guys. Appreciate this game. One suggestion would be to consider making some heroes have a few more locations to farm their shards. An example would be resistance trooper. After bug fix he was weakened some but he has amazing synergy with Poe. No one on my entire pvp grouping uses this combo mainly thinking due to the time it takes to farm the shards. He could be a really strong team member at 7 star. I'm still running him at 3 star and hit rank 1 yesterday completely free to play. There are other characters that might be used more often in pvp if for instance they are given a cantina spot for farming or 1-2 more spots on ls ds missions. It could be just a slight increase in ability to farm so there opens up more possibility and unit comps that are more commonly used in pvp. It gets kinda boring fighting the same grouping of heroes in pvp 8 out of 10 battles. I will say highly impressed that you have created a game that you can be competitive in without spending any money.

With the level cap increase there will be additional shard drop locations in the unlocked stages of each of the main campaign tables.

Also, just wanted to give you props for swimming against the tide and trying your own party builds. There's more to explore in the meta than is commonly seen right now.

xJazzx wrote:
@CG_JohnSalera can you make Poe available for purchase by Android players and Captain Phasma available for Apple players for a token fee? They were given out for free last week but limited to Poe for Apple and Phasma for Android but some players want the other.

I need to discuss this with the team this week. Stay tuned.

Ravage wrote:
@CG_JohnSalera hey my only one question is about a name change. I didn't know that we couldn't change our name when i first started. I,
Like a lot of people are now stuck with the name of Mol Eliza and wanted it changed. Anything about adding this feature or the option for a one time change?

We do have this feature in our plans, but it's not a top priority right now compared to some of the other things we're working on for the next release.

moddom wrote:
@CG_JohnSalera Any plans on giving us an easier way to make credits? Leveling a character to 60 and starring them already costs quite a bit of credits. Will cost even more now going to 70.

We know this is a concern, and are discussing options internally.

eosdelb wrote:
And still no mention of addressing the dupe shard bug, and compensation for those of us who have lost out on untold numbers of shards?? I really enjoy this game and don't want to have to go to Google for a refund.

We are looking into this one. It's still not clear (to me at least) if this is just a visual bug, or if the actual shards awarded are incorrect. @EA_Jesse will follow-up once we've determined the nature of the bug.

Peanut_Co0kie wrote:
Please introduce better sales. I don't mind spending if you guys have better sales.

If you're referring to putting the Crystals on sale for a discount, we aren't currently planning on doing that. We would prefer to keep the economy stable, and sales lead to wild swings (positive and negative) in game economies. Let me know if I misunderstood.

Daprosy wrote:
Is the OP suggesting that Barriss could be improved in the next update? Or that her original stats were too high hence she got a nerf? Just trying to figure out if I should gear her up...just pulled her :smiley:

No. I'm not implying any forthcoming change to Barriss.

Keaven wrote:
Whilst I'm looking forward to new content, I think there are two higher priorities.

There are so many bugs with heroes abilities and battle mechanics that it is difficult to get a good indication of balance issues, for eg, would Leia still be OP if she did not give +100% crit or such frequent multi attack procs?

Adding more content and heroes onto a buggy platform will require more tuning the longer the many bugs raised in these forums are not addressed.

But above all, customer service should be the number 1 priority, and this is shocking for a game with such a wide audience. This department have been letting CG down heavily.

Agreed that bugs need to continue to get squashed. We have been fixing bugs in updates since launch (and before). We also have a robust QA group who help us track things down. But it goes without saying that as much as we test before release, when millions of people get their hands on the game they will find new things. Given that, we will (continue to) review the Bugs and Issues section regularly to see what the community has reported.

Regarding the customer support, we have heard the concerns and we have been speaking with that team. We will continue to keep a close eye on this situation and reaching out to you guys to let us know if things have gotten better (or not).

Yodavader wrote:
I hope I can play my account by my Android and iOS devices both soon just like Simcity Build It or UFC made by EA.

Enabling cross-device play for the same player account is on our backlog, but currently not a high priority.

Scoregasms wrote:
Any idea on a date for the update? General is fine (like mid or end of month)? Or perhaps you're gonna drop it tomorrow, lol. I am excited for these updates! Just trying to see if I can get a couple more folks geared up before leveling begins anew.

Keaven wrote:
A date would be very helpful actually. Could you send a newsletter in game to alert all players not just those that post here?

The two updates I referenced in my original post will have different release dates. For the level cap increase, that will come in January. For the next major update, I can't give a date yet. We normally need to keep future releases under wraps until they're very close. This is for various reasons. However, given some of the questions we were seeing in the forums, we wanted to push the envelope and give players a bit more of a preview as to what is coming.

When these two updates come, we will be detailing out the contents both here and as a newsletter in the game.

Hope that helps!

Unrelated: Ran into a loving monster PVP team with Barris, Anakin, Sid, Phasma and Luminara (at rank 175, so we're not talking super low brackets here) :gonk:

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jan 4, 2016

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

I'd be at 0 credits too, if I had a big income of rank 5-6 XP bots. You get a few per day from GW, but far from enough to keep several teams tapped up (especially after lvl 45 or so).

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Luke seems to be one of the better Glas Cannon sorta attacker characters, maybe only beaten by the First Order TIE Fighter Pilot (who seems even more Glassy).

Too bad the crystals-for-a-week deal ran out. Funny how Future Fight got a similar deal, for a similar prize, except for a whole drat month (asnd you don't really need to burn crystals on energy there either). Alas, from that devs responses they don't seem to be planning any crystal deals.

Force-closing the app on iOS: Double-click the home/starty button, slide the program "up" and it closes. When you restart the GW game you were in has reset (so you can switch out team members and do a do-over), the AI will attack different characters and get other rolls - I think. Usefull if you find out that gunning for a certain character just aint' gonna work out.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Just got Phasma at 3 stars and upgrading her to lvl 45 cost somewhere north of 200k credits alone. Going to have Sid within a few days and 2 characters to rank up to 4 stars at what, 100k each? + Talia to 5 stars. Yeah, I'm gonna be a poor hombre in a hurry.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

I think that T5 trainer deal is always up, for 50-70 crystals (60 currently for me). It's not that good though beyond lvl 45 due to how steep the xp costs get. I burned like, 1 6 or 7 star trainer droid, 3x5 star and something like 200xT2 and T1 to get Phasma to lvl 45.

And then I have to do it again with Sid soon, while getting Phasma to lvl 51-52 territory and urghhh.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Hopefully they patch in a little more sane line-up RNG into GW if they take away force-quitting and/or retreat, because when you are getting those AI murder teams several levels&gear above your best batch there's little you can do even with chaff to toss at them.

e: Something that would be pretty great is that Preview function from Future Fight, except here you could put together any combination of team and have mock fights to test things out.

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jan 4, 2016

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Fister is pretty good, but there's no way to farm him and at 3 stars he's gonna run out of steam pretty quickly.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Unlocked Keycard battles, but it doesn't bloody say on the tin that you have to have *50* energy to start the battle before you use the key.

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jan 6, 2016

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

New dread combo in Arena: Phasma+Sid+Luke+Whatever (usually healers). That trio will kill one of my characters before I even get a turn, and usually Sid lands 2 DoTs on 2 characters+1 on the rest and takes of ~15-33% HP when their first turn is over. Managed to somehow claw back a victory against one such team, but only because it had Chewie instead of another healer or AoE/Attacker (ended with a shootout between my 3 star Phasma and his 4 Star, with my Phasma having about 500 health left :v:).

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Whoever suggested I stick with Asajj: Danke!
Got her to gear lvl 7 now and her Strike Fear / Endless Wrath / Rampage to level 4, hot drat (only got her basic at lvl 3, but it got stun chance). The Off-up and Pen buff when an enemy dies is pretty beastly combined with her recharging AoE. Right now I'm pouring my Arena credits into Sid, might get him today, but then I'll look at either getting him to 5 stars or Asajj (might go with Asajj first due to her already having the gear while Sid levels up).
Likewise I think I'm going 5 star Luminara before 5 star Phasma... maybe 6 star Talia, she's pretty beastly now too (and maybe eventually try out a Nightsister team led by Asajj for the speed buff).

Ran into a fun PVP team, think it was lead by a 4 star Phasma or Chewie, but once inside it had Kylo Ren, Sid and Rey too (and I think Luminara for healing) - Rey just straight up murdered my JC with her 3-attack thing, but I defeated them thanks to being like 7 levels higher (53 vs 46, although that might have been the "bait" leader level - the power level was pretty similar).

Rey or Luke are looking like pretty good Strikers, maybe luke first because he can be Cantina shard grinded while Rey only got one spot until I can unlock 5-D Hard on Dark Side (which seems to require like, lvl 60 dark side team with Daka for extra healing) - is the fully onlocked Dark Side lvl 5 normal battles something like 45-56 level range (on the tin)? Some of these places feels like you need to be at least 7 levels higher than the level of the enemies, just because of how the opening AI attacks can be staggered.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

The grenading stormtroopers and a couple of Jedi Guardians with AoE can be pretty nasty too. Oh, and a full lineup of Sand people. gently caress those guys.

The B2 super droids as well (you can't farm those yet can you?) Hmm, and Droidekas don't seem to be in the game at all yet - guess playable Nute Gunray was a higher priority :v:

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

e: You mean the animation rigging? I suppose that's the reason (seems a pretty safe bet we'll get those guys eventually though).

Working my way up the daily GW and man, a team with Phasma, FO Pilot, HK-47 (5 stars) and 4 star Maul is a real pain in the butt. FO-pilot attack 3 times in a row before my line gets to do anything :suicide: (solved by sacrificial pawn, but still) - Maul and FO Pilot especially nasty with AI buffs and Phasma leader ability.

I do wonder a little about them replacing keycard battles entirely, doesn't seem like it would be that hard to just... lower the energy cost to make it worth doing? (and add something else *as well*).

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jan 7, 2016

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Mk4 SoroSuub Keypad, needs 20 Mk4 SoroSuub Keypad Prototype salvage.
And the same for the Mk 8 BlasTech Weapon Mod Prototype. The Mk3 is also a pain, but not purple pain.
Lumi's ...two? slots at rank 6>7 is a pain to grind.

Asajj was pretty easy, if I recall correctly.

But poo poo like Mk 2 Sienar Holo Projector and that other +250 health component is my loving bottleneck, and the drop rate is horrendous. And you need 5, at least.

Alright, enough whining about lovely drop rates and gear grind, I got some Arena choices to make (finally)!
My current Arena team (At 53-54) is:
Leader: Chewie (5 stars), gear lvl V (loving pain to grind for, lots of blastech and Sienar Holo Projectors), Power: 2872
Luminara Unduli (4 stars, soon 5 stars), gear lvl VI(7... in like a week, so much purple poo poo), Power: 3021
Asajj Ventress (4 stars), gear lvl VII, Power: 2964
Talia (5 stars), gear lvl VI, Power: 3175
JC (4 stars), gear lvl IV, Power: 2203

Now I'm lacking a little killy, and the team is probably pretty easy to exploit in arena with a Sid or high DPS so I got some possible benchers coming up:
Sid (4 stars), gear lvl V (soon VI), Power: 2582. Pretty fresh, so still around lvl 3 abilities and no shards towards 5 stars.
Phasma (4 stars), gear lvl V, Power: 2349. Skills between 3-4 (got leadership and fusillade at 4). No shards towards 5 (Lumi comes first, I figure).

Others I could include:
FO Stormtrooper (4 stars), Gear lvl V, Power: 2326. Skills at 2-3.
Ahsoka Tano (4 stars), Gear lvl IV (soon at V), skills at 3-4. Grinding her shards is slow going though.
Mace Windu (4 stars), Gear lvl IV, Power 1958 (behind on levels), Power: 2143. Slow grind here too.
Poe (3 stars), Gear lvl 4, Skills at 2-3. Behind on levels at the moment, have been prioritizing getting Daka.

I got Resistance Pilot, IG-86 and the FOTP but all at bottom lvls and in need of shards (can't get FOTP yet). Dooku is 6 shards away, but will be 3 stars.
So, what sort of Arena team can I put together with this mess? Sid/Phasma for leader? Drop JC and Chewie? Grind up an Attacker like the Pilot of IG-86?
A little tempted to do a Nightsisters team once I get Daka, with Asajj at the helm (speed buff).
For Arena shipments I'm a little divided on pouring them into getting either Asajj or Sid to 5 stars, Asajj certainly got the gear level for it to maybe be worth it over Sid?

Wierdly enough I'm oscillating wildly in arena, two days ago I couldn't break into 200 (After having been at ~130 for days) and today I'm back down at 141, and the only thng that changed was getting Asajj to purple :iiam:

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jan 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Talia is useful to keep tapped up because she's the only other dark side healer, her one weakness is probably that the AI will use her self-harming heal even if people are heal-blocked/she's the only one injured.
Otherwise she's kinda tanky, hard hitting and got utility - while being very easy to grind (let's not ignore that part).
Probably gonna drop her eventually in Arena, but it feels like Chewie and JC can be dropped before her?

• Locked thread