Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Pimpmust posted:

The Force Awakens Ultimate Bundle, Guaranteed 4-star! Time left: 6d 23h
Limited Time Offer!
128 U.S. dollars

This is some beyond Grognard level of pricing structure.

They had some cheaper bundles but they were all time limited. I'd be down to buy Yoda or Jedi Luke for $5 or $10. Dooku was certainly a good value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Harlock posted:

Kylo Ren is seriously super overpowered.

Do you have him or just played against him? Looking at his kit, the one ability that hits hard requires him to be at 50% life and I've heard his base stats are low for an attacker.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Rey looks really good vs non-Dooku but it's going to be a long hard farm from hard mode shards.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Rubicon posted:

just started and dropped the cash for the HK47 pack. I've always liked him.

ally code: 215-744-429

How do I set the character that my allies get?

Allies get your most recently used leader although I'm not sure if it pulls from LS/DS/Cantina battles independently or what. Also you will probably want to farm Poggle the Lesser from the galactic war once you hit level 40. Luminara is a better character overall and also farmable from GW but Poggle owns with droid teams.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

thechalkoutline posted:

I just started and am trying to figure out what guys I'm supposed to go for, what # of what roles do you need in your standard party?

I read that two healers is useful, did they mean in the same party? How many tanks do I need to have?

There's no hard and fast rule but two healers, one tank and two damage dealers is a good mix for a single party. It's gets murkier because light side and dark side are segregated in PvE but can mix together in cantina and PvP. Dark side only has two healers and one of them is lovely (Talia) although Old Daka can be farmed from cantina shipments.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Hughlander posted:

Guaranteed my rear end. Go hit 12x hard modes and get no shards and say it's guaranteed.

Hard mode is the worst way to farm shards. In terms of shards per day, it's probably Galactic War > PvP arena shipments > Cantina/shipments > hard mode.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I think the heroine pack is probably better than the force awakens one. Kylo looks good but Finn looks pretty meh. Barriss is still good, especially in galactic war where you want that sustainability. Ahsako and Asaji are decent but mediocre. Both of them can be farmed but should probably come second after Sidious and Daka.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

OxMan posted:

I used to fear luminara but barista coffee is my new (darth) bane. Even in best case scenario focus her down fights she'll still get off at least a heal.

Don't focus her down, she's weak against aoe damage since her heal is so weak. My arena team has decent aoe and a lot of the time they don't even do enough damage to trigger her heal first turn. Then I can focus down a squishy before her second turn.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Pimpmust posted:

Like that rear end in a top hat who came out of nowhere with a lvl 47 4 star Sid and a 13 628 power rating (when everyone else is around 10 000, lvl 44-46) who took my #334 spot from #392 right now :wtc:

Had a draw fight with a dude who had a Phasma and a high lvl FO Pilot, drat does that dude hit like a bunch of bricks! Very squishy though. I really need some more 4-stars, this just aint' cutting it on the damage front.

e: Is the Strength in Allies achievement broken? Says I got 14/25 when my whole drat ally list if full (35 people). Does it only count people you add yourself, not the ones who send an ally request?

I doubt there's many whales at rank 350. The megawhales on my server look like this:

I'm pretty sure there was a third guy with Qui-Gon at 7 stars but maybe he stopped playing. For some reason, they're not dominating the top 5 anymore. I'm seeing a few Phasma teams (like mine) and a lot of Barriss and Sidious leaders.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

This is the Discord channel I've seen posted on the subreddit: https://discord.gg/0ft9yOaeBoaVvMFO
Jerk is in there too so maybe that's the one he meant.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Mile'ionaha posted:

I realize it is pretty iconic, but it seems odd how shafted Jedi are.

Jedi still have some of the best characters. The top teams on my server run Qui-Gon leader with Old Ben and Lumi. Old Ben gets his debuff off and you're basically hosed after that. Qui-Gon is still ridiculous after the nerf too. He does ridiculous damage damage with his assist ability, has a great leader skill and can remove a buff to give his team offense up. I'd be surprised if he doesn't eat another nerf.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Is it more efficient to farm gear from available Hard-mode missions, or just spam the 6-energy ones?

Hard missions don't have a higher droprate although some often have two valuable/rare drops.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Easy to obtain is different from easy to star up. I've been farming tie pilot and he's still only 4*.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Zotix posted:

Sidious requires a level 66 item that takes 50 pieces. Get to buyin those crystals boys.

He also requires one of those items, and another purple that takes 20 pieces for a piece of level 73 gear. :shepspends:

At least that item drops from the new challenge tier.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Mace Windu does it on every basic attack, I'm pretty sure.

Also, doesn't Old Ben do a mass-buff cleanse?

Nope, Mace Windu's basic attack only gives him a chance at defense up and doing more damage with defense up. His special attack removes buffs but does nothing else while Qui-Gon removes the buff and gives his entire team offense up. Qui-Gon is already amazing but if you look at his abilities at level 8 it gets loving bonkers. His assist skill at level 78 gives 75% more damage to assist and heals the assist for 20%. His basic attack gets a 65% chance to remove turn meter on hit in addition with the turn meter gain to Qui-Gon. His leader skill, increase speed by 23, will apply to all allies instead of just Jedi. It's insane especially considering he's already really good right now.

Also Old Ben inflicts debuffs, he doesn't remove them. AFAIK, only Ackbar and Lobot can remove their team's debuffs and neither one of them have a ton of tenacity. I mean, they should because by far the worst debuff ability is Old Ben that inflicts offense down AND ability block. Of course you can't cleanse if you're ability blocked and you have a useless slow Ackbar.

In other news, CG is bringing back the crystal subscription pack. It's going to be 100 crystals a day for 21 days plus an immediate 100 crystals. They didn't actually say how much it's going to cost but they did say it's 149% of the standard value so people think it's going to cost $10.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/7259/daily-crystal-booster-packs-returning/p1

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

That's a geonosian soldier, not a poggle. Poggle rocks a stick, boss, home-bug's got a cannon.

Like I said, if he's stunned the Geo, he'd have stopped his attack outright and his assist and probably only lost his Qui-gon. Followed up with his OWN Poe taunt and murder-Rey can pretty much 1HKO a tank... Leia kills FOTP or the Geo... you see where this is going.

Dooku's stun isn't reliable though. He'd have been better off stunning Qui-Gon than going for Poe or GS.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

oops wrong forum posted:

Does anyone know what the cost/reward is for lvl 65 credit keycard battle? Gonna hit 65 after reset and am dying badly in credits so if I can still get in 2 playthroughs on a full energy bar and enough credits I might just hit it up.

Tier 1 is 100k credits for 50 energy and tier 2 is 80k. Yes tier 2 gets you less credits for the same energy for some reason.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I imagine the bug is that tier 2 keycard battles give less credits than tier 1, not that anyone does keycard stuff anyway.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Mr. Neutron posted:

I thought the patch would shuffle the GW/arena characters a bit but it's apparently not going to happen, so screw saving up, I'm getting Asajj to 6* at least.

The patch notes don't have any details on new characters, they're not even saying who the event character is (Yoda). I think it's likely we'll be getting some new ones in arena and GW shipments but who knows.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Malgrin posted:

FO attackers have double the chance, which I think is 36% at max level (for level 70).

FO Officer has a pretty bad kit. He might have decent damage at higher levels though.

FO Stormtrooper isn't bad, and he gets to slow opponents, which is ok (and really good when he's getting bonus attacks in). However, the only real good thing about using him is the double chance to trigger Phasma.

FOTP is possibly the highest damage hero in the game, probably only competing with Rey and Resistance Pilot after this patch (FOTP was attacking too many times).

Kylo Ren is one of the best heroes in the game.

Honestly, if I was going to do an FO team, I would go Phasma (lead), FOTP, Kylo Ren, Dooku, Daka. Dooku and Daka are probably the best on-hit heroes in the game -- Dooku because he gains turn meter when he attacks out of turn, and frequently attacks twice, Daka because she can stun 2 people on attack.

I've heard that FO Officer hits like a truck with his pinning shot and his basic if everyone has advantage. His other ability is kinda garbage and I imagine AI uses it on defense but he's also super fast so it's likely that he can get pinning shot off on someone with mostly full turn meter. I'd like to get him but there's way too many good people in the cantina shipments. I'd want to finish up Poe and QGJ and even then, maybe move on to Fives or whoever is added in the patch.

FO Stormtrooper is ok but basically overshadowed by Fives in almost every category. I mean come on, it's not worth using a turn to get defense up and advantage. He does get double assist chance with Phasma but I'd rather replace him with someone that hits harder or heals or has some utility.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Mr. Neutron posted:

http://imgur.com/a/Oxp5K

This gotta be the whalest whale there is.

Too bad they won't have enough MK3 ability mats to make more than a few effective teams.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Mr. Neutron posted:

Good point, that's really the only thing money can't (yet) directly buy.

You sorta can now with the top tier cantina battles. They drop mk3 mats much more often than lower tiers, enough that I'm using my regular energy refresh crystals on cantina instead.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Syrinxx posted:

There really needs to be a cap on how much currency you can hold. How would a player who started today ever catch up to the people (p2w or free) who are "finished" leveling up dudes and just stockpile enough to insta-buy any new ones? I know there have been people like that posting in this thread, it's not just imgur whales. If you could only hold say 1000 cantina coins or something it would help.

There's already a cap on how much currency you can spend and you have to pay crystals to bypass it. Having a cap on how much you can hold doesn't make EA any money.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

tadashi posted:

Why isn't Barriss considered a must-have character? Or is she? Her free heals are amazing. I guess it's just because access to getting her is fairly limited for a while?

Yeah, she was super limited until recently. She's also not good in arena since her nerf. There was a dude called Tenks on my server that used a Barriss leader for the last 2 months and a few days he finally switched to Phasma. End of an era, he was always a guaranteed arena win. I'd recommend new players get her from cantina since she makes PvE matches so much easier, especially GW.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

My Phasma just procced an extra attack with her victory march so that change must not be live yet. The shard shop is pretty disappointing but at least super whales won't be able to get the exclusive character quickly since you can't refresh it. I'm not a fan of some of the UI changes. Having tiny icons of gear by every single character is so busy and hurts my eyes. It's cool that you can see arena teams now but that screen is also very busy. It's now more difficult to see what rank people are while their team's level is super prominently displayed for some reason.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Zotix posted:

Can anyone tell my why sometimes I don't get offense up when dispelling an enemy buff with QGJ? poo poo just cost me an arena match. It doesn't say there's a chance to get offense up. I definitely dispelled the buff, just didn't get offense up.

If you kill the enemy, then you don't get credit for dispelling the buff. Also if it's advantage the initial hit can remove it before the buff removal triggers.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Also I've heard that Anakin isn't very good. Ahsoka I know isn't very good in the current meta. If battles lasted longer than her heals would come into play but for now you can ignore her. QGJ is good but not worth $60 even with the credits, mats and crystals added in.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

The speed nerf is pretty minor and only makes Poe slower than two characters but the big change was the removal of speed tiers and the activation of speed leader abilities on the first turn. Now QGJ and other characters will always go before Poe, giving you a chance to kill him before he does his bullshit. Poe is still good though and people are overreacting about how bad he is.

Still the larger issue is the lack of communication from the devs. The patch notes didn't mention anything about the speed changes, either the removal of tiers or the leader abilities working first turn and it's a huge shift in the meta. Yoda is pretty fast too apparently.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Yoda looks pretty good. Mine's only partially gear 7 at 5 stars but it's enough to get a feel for him. His single target special does decent damage at this but the rest of his specials and basic don't hit too hard although that might change with more gear, star and ability levels. He's definitely very squishy but his skillset looks super powerful. With QGJ lead, he's going first. Seriously, he's the fourth fastest character according to the datamine before the QGJ leader skill. So he goes first and does a basic attack and gets foresight and some turn meter. The enemy team will get a turn and may or may not kill him since foresight is a guaranteed miss. His second turn is going to come quick and hopefully the enemy team has some buffs to steal.

That ability doesn't actually remove buffs from the enemies, just gives them to Yoda but it looks like it can be resisted anyway. Of course if someone is below 50% you can use the single target special and get a stun or a kill. That one has a 5 turn cooldown though, it probably gets reduced with levels. I also like the buff propagation special. Imagine giving foresight to your entire team, especially since people don't use much AoE although likely you'd want to have a couple buffs at least to make it worth using. I think he's worth farming other Jedi for, I'm definitely shooting for a 7* Yoda next month.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

kaschei posted:

Come to think of it how does that unique even work? You almost never have turn meter after you attack someone.

P.S. I read that turn meter reductions (like Poe's taunt) are now resistible. I haven't tested it but if so, wow, another big stealth Poe nerf!! Glad I saved my CC for HRS all over again.

Yeah, I'm glad I didn't go all in for Poe although I got like 20 shards for him after I saw he wasn't nerfed much in the patch notes. QGJ is a much better use for cantina shipments although he might be next up for the nerf bat.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

My server has been strangely uncompetitive in the last few weeks. I think most are outside my timezone but there were always at least a few messing around in the top five. Now I've taken number 1 the last week uncontested. Hey, free 500 crystals! Well, free aside from the refresh. I usually need 2 or 3 tries to beat the top whales.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Roid666 posted:

If you are TAG, then I think I'm on the same server as you. Seen you a few times in the PVP list (although if you've just got #1 maybe you're a different guy) when I've been refreshing. I'm the king of getting hosed by RNG, so I'm constantly battling to get into the top 150.

Team so far is Sid(7*) lead, Lumi(6*), rylo(6*),Dooku(6*), and Daka(6*). Everybody pretty much has the max gear they can wear at 70.

I'm getting a bit sick of Daka and Dooku under performing the enemy doppelgängers, so I'm thinking about replacing them. QGJ is on cantina credits farm now (farming Bariss for GW), so he'll slot it for Dooku when he's finished. Any suggestions for replacing Daka with less RNG reliant hero? GS? Luke?

Nah, my name is Tagichatn ingame as well. My top two whales are Shiv and Longesin if anyone else is in my server. Also I'd recommend Geonosian Soldier, he's very good atm although people are calling for nerfs to him.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Joshy Bear posted:

Could use some advice on next steps:

Level 65. Main team is:
Lumi (7*)
Sid (7*)
QGJ (4*)
Phasma (6*)
Kylo (5*)

Other notables:
Jedi Consular, Dooku, Daka, Luke, Vader, Rey (soon) (all 4*)
Poe, Eeth Koth (3*)

Managing Rank 21-50 in Arena daily, but struggling to clear GW reliably; inevitably hit a lvl 70 high-starred roadblock or two; should get easier as I near 70 I guess.
Using crystals for 2 x Energy, 1 x Cantina daily.

Currently using GW tokens to max Phasma, Cantina tokens for QGJ.
Just sitting on 5,500 Arena tokens at the moment as not sure what to invest in.
Not sure who to farm in Cantina; keep working Kylo or swap to GS/someone else? (Kylo seems a bit slow and not doing too much damage).
Could divert and farm Mace and level JC/Eeth to pursue Yoda, but not too fussed about him.

Any thoughts?

I have a 7 star Kylo but I haven't used him in a while. I'd definitely recommend GS over Kylo, he just doesn't have enough of an impact especially in the current speed meta. Maybe one day there will be a speed leader for First Order. He's still pretty good in GW though.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Zotix posted:

I'm really surprised how low Poes health is. Mine is only 5* but 10.5k life is meh.

Also if I made an account from scratch knowing what I know now I'd skip Sidious. He just really doesn't hold up these days.

He's still better than anyone else in the arena shipments.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Resistance pilot is a good substitute for FOTP since he's so much more farmable. It does seem like his basic hits harder than his special although as Malgrin mentioned, you probably want to lead off with the special. He's also really good in an assist team since he can get over 40% turn meter with a crit on his basic. He's also tankier than FOTP with a little more health, armor and the foresight self-buff.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Malgrin posted:

Both of these options are good. Stopping Poggle at 5* to 7* RP is also really good.

Previously, there were two things keeping FOTP a tier above RP: he was glitched (fixed), and Phasma. Now there's just the second. Without the glitch, I think RP has just as much damage, with the added bonus of survivability. With Poe's buff, and a Rey, I think a Resistance squad is legit. After I finish Dooku and Barriss, I'm going to give Finn a try too. Also with that squad, I can see trooper getting an absurd amount of attacks. After I get QGJ to 5*, I think I am going back to Poe to make this team a force to be reckoned with. Also, by then, I might have a 6* Rey.

FOTP still does more damage than RP. FOTP gets more crit and crit damage plus free advantage. His basic attack does less damage one for one but the double hit puts it way above FP's basic.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Yeah this game was pretty clearly pushed out the door to coincide with the movie release. There's so many bugs and missing features. Like Daka is actually not supposed to resurrect herself, only allies and we're not getting our ally points when allies use our leader.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I'm farming Geonosian Soldier's 50 piece to unlock his gear 9 and then probably Yoda afterward. Maybe I'll even get it finished by the time the Yoda event returns!

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Doesn't resistance pilot's basic reduce turn meter?

Seems like a winner for that comp.

Also, yeah, I'd totally use a Poe to protect Daka.

Nah, resistance pilot's basic increases his own turn meter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Patch notes for the 23rd are out: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/14624/notes-for-2-23-2016-update#latest

Shard shop character is probably General Grievous and login character probably is magma trooper. I do like the buffs for imperial guard and magnaguard though, maybe the rest of the Empire characters will get some love too.

• Locked thread