Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Hey, I'm on iOS. My Ally Code is 153-527-379. I'll be slowly adding everyone who put their codes in.

This has been easily my favorite mobile game. This is more fun than even some PC games I've played. Everything about this game just feels right.

Best part is I never feel like I need to drop money on the game. Which will probably make me drop money on the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Cession posted:

Added all you dudes. Add me I'm a newborn baby whale!

666-772-988

You lucky bastard getting 666 in your ally code.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Talia shines when you can have a wall of tanks in front of her. With at least two trading taunts. Otherwise she can heal herself with her basic attacks which is extremely useful. Now if only her DoT attack also healed her...

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
One day I will have a lightside team full of clone troopers with a jedi healer, and a darkside team full of storm troopers lead by Darth Vader.

You guys are so far ahead of me. I finally got to put a bunch of time in and then I was out of energy.

Edit, this is my phone right now:

Play Galaxy of Heroes until out of energy and timers. Then play Battlefront Base Command until I have energy and timers.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Dec 24, 2015

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
The day I can't keep refreshing the arena list for a team 1,000 power below me is the day I break down weeping and never win another arena fight again.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I think we need OP to edit out that Dooku stuff. Don't waste money if you don't want guys.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
The most frustrating part of the game right now is retaliation and double attacks. Geonosians get like three attacks per character because of it. I've had half my team wipped out because a boss retaliated and then got bonus hits off the retaliation, then again off the bonus hits.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Mezzanine posted:

It seems like stunning is the only counter to teams built on retaliation and extra hits. If you work on getting one of them stunned, then focus on that one, it cuts down on the overall number of attacks. Otherwise, debuff as much as you can to prevent damage (damage down, speed down, or failing that defense up for yourself).

As a general tip, keep an eye out for unexpected debuffs added to normal skills. For example, Chewie's bowcaster has a chance to remove turn meter on hit, which doesn't help with retaliation but will help with double attacks (keep them from attacking in the first place). I'm really digging ANH Luke and his debuff-on-crit style. He has a chance to get 2x crit chance on every single turn, so when it goes up, hit the retaliating mob (Dooku, etc) with the stun.

Thanks. I can't really make any team builds right now, I'm so early on. I still have one open spot on my darkside team cause I only have four characters. So I need to keep 3-starring missions so I can farm character tokens. Because right now I really don't have any missions for the tokens I want.

And I'm playing so much and want to play more but I'm out of energy.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I've been having some weird issues today on iOS. The game is stuttering a lot during attacks from either me or the AI. And without any taunts going out I'm having my aim thrown to random targets. If I'm aiming at a stormtrooper and fire, the next character I use might aim at the honor guard instead, then the character after that moves back to the stormtrooper. No taunting, the aim is just jumping back and forth every time I fire.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Well arena is pure bullshit now. I'm rank #1785. I'm at 8,600 for team power. Here's the only opponents I can fight.

9,000+ Power: Chewbacca
7,000-8,500: Either Captain Phasma or Dooku

Those two leaders are just pure bullshit. They get bonus attacks off bonus attacks off counter attacks. The AI get the first turn all the time and they nearly kill one of my characters before I get a single turn. I have to play arena for daily activities. There are no other opponents. I am not putting money in so I'm probably 100 hours away from being able to compete.

Basically I can't play arena anymore. Or complete chapter 4 on light or dark side. Or do anything in chapter 2 of Cantina battles.

TLDR: I suck

Ularg fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Dec 31, 2015

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
How did I not realize there were arena shipments. I have 6.2k arena tokens to spend.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I did a thing!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Today's AGI Gear Challenge (Healers & Supports only) is kinda bullshit on anything above the lowest difficulty. And only because of one thing. On the second difficulty and onwards, Savage Opress' droids can attack too. This means Savage uses his ability to put my two characters I have that fit the requirements and then the droids 1 shot both of them. Instant loss.

Chilichimp posted:

I can't GW for poo poo yet.

Chewie, Jawa, Poe, Consular, Talia

Chewie is probably the best toon I've got. Working on Lumi and Palp, will probably have Lumi tomorrow.

Galactic War is a lot more fun than I thought it would be. All because of the battles having health and ability cooldowns carry over. I wish that at the end of a battle you got that tiny health boost you'd get at the end of the round. Or a single turn taken off your abilities. But otherwise it's a lot of fun. I've started using my lower power characters at the beginning of the board, switching out to my unused A Team near the end.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Aphrodite posted:

Kill the droids first if you can't handle it that way.

At level 45 each it takes about three attacks from each of my two characters to kill a single droid. By then Savage Opress has done his move.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I've never had a problem killing savage. He just doesn't do enough damage. The Nightsister self heal from her basic attack or one of my Guardians heals can keep them topped off forever.

I just think I need more than two support characters. I don't know what the trigger is for allowing you to borrow a friends leader. I can do that for the Bounty Hunter challenge, the only reason I complete them at all (Thanks Yig and Tab).

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I am completely out of SIM cards. How did I even manage that... oh, farming character cards and gear.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Coffeehitler posted:

Well, spend a single training droid and get 25 more, silly.

This is my problem, I'm too dumb to realize all the things you can do in this game.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Coffeehitler posted:

You might need to actually level a dude, but its pretty easy to have worthless characters kept at level 1 so you can fulfill the daily activity requirements of train and fill a gear slot.

Are we sure we are talking about the same thing? I already have done all my dailies, and I'm out of SIM Tickets. At least until the next daily reset.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Good news: I unlocked Geonosian Soldier, Darth Sidious, and promoted my Jedi Guardian.

Bad News: I promoted my Clone Sergeant - Phase 1 shortly after reset. I was 14/15 Shards and I ran the HM missions, didn't get anything, then spent crystals at the shipment store to get a couple tokens to put me over the edge. Went to sleep, wake up and he's back to his previous rank, like I never got those tokens. But the HM missions I ran are still on cooldown!

What? Why?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I actually want to start losing ranks. Because I like getting all my daily missions done I hover around #2,000 all the time. And I just get tired of the bullshit AI pulls at that level with the bullshit team comps. I'm starting to put together a similar bullshit team, so maybe it'll improve. But I find it hard to even find a team at my power level, 9,700, let alone one that isn't an obvious tryhard comp.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

rabidsquid posted:

You don't have to actually win the daily arena missions you know

You don't understand me. I MUST WIN!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

rabidsquid posted:

Sid seems really strong against the older style of meta with a bunch of tanks and healers but whenever I run into a Phasma team with just a Poe and a bunch of damage dealers his heal block isn't as relevant.

I don't have a roster that has any answers to that type of team though, honestly.

Poe just never seemed to be a good enough tank. Chewbacca has the downside of a taunt that only lasts a turn. I think I rather have Poe with a shorter taunt.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I want to know how the hell I manged to get the first order tie pilot. He's amazing and I will never be able to promote him.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
You know that debuff Darth Sidious can inflict where the target can't receive healing? So is it meant for Barriss Offee to just heal through that anyway?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I have the level, I have the materials, I have the credits. What's keeping me from upgrading this skill? And why doesn't it tell me?

I'm absolutely loving my new bullshit team of bullshit. Phasma, Geonosian Soldier, First order tie pilot, darth sidious and the starting Jedi healer or another DPS to add onto that.

Edit: Oh, and I don't know how I managed to get ranked #1305 in the arena, but I did. I've killed too many Dookus.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Kegslayer posted:

Scroll down on the mats, there's a third one you can't see.

God damnit I'm too dumb for videogames. Take all electronics away from me.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I wish I can add everyone that posts their codes in the thread, but the friends list has such a tiny limit. :smith:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
It feels so good being only at 12,000 power. I see 14,000 team in arena and I go "Eh, I can burn down their dps before they make a move"

Phasma: Genosian Soldier, FOTP, Darth Sidious, Whoever (Sometimes Chewbacca to tank while my team DPSes, sometimes Healer so I don't lose my FOTP too early, sometimes First Order Stormtrooper because they get bonus chance from Phasma.

It owns. And Sunday challenge modes own too.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Mooktastical posted:

That was a pain in the dick. Sid Kylo Daka Lumi JC got it done, though, and only Sid died. I miss retreat cheese. :(

Greedo is terrible. Eeth Koth, too. Don't go anti- any specific archetype, just make a badass all-around team.

CG_John_Salera is about to start answering some of the criticisms of the new GW change:
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/6490/recent-change-to-galactic-war-open-conversation/p9

Yea that was a tough rear end fight. I managed to get that team down to just Phasma after two full team wipes. And I managed it only because I had an injured FOTP I forgot about.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Chilichimp posted:

I can confirm that even if Daka revives a dead dude and you end a match with 5 standing, you will get a 2-star rating.

This was the case in that lovely savage oppress challenge, anyways.

Also the leader you borrow from another player/friend doesn't count to your star rating. If you lose them you can still get 3 stars.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
You guys know that you get crystals for connecting your facebook account with Galaxy of Heroes. For the longest time when you hit the gear in the top left it says they'll give you 60 Crystals for connecting. But today it told me it would give my 600... SIX HUNDRED. So I finally connected facebook. I tried out buying a single pack today too and got Biggs Darklighter. Which honestly kinda seems like a support version of Genosian Soldier, which might mean I'll level him up for my light side team.

Anyway, can I get some advice on team leaders? Right now I have the choice between either Phasma or Dark Sidious. And Phasma has been my leader for the longest time. But I've been kinda racking my brain thinking about the best possible benefit. Having a bonus attack is an amazing thing, but can really vary and may win or lose a match based on RNG. The worst case scenario is I get no bonus attack. Most of the time a weak damage character like my Jedi Guardian will get the bonus attack. best case scenario obviously is FOTP getting the bonus attack, and him getting a bonus attack off that. But I'm wondering if Dark Sidious and his consistent leader ability might player out better.

Because I've noticed a lot more crits happening from my Geonosian Soldier and FOTP than I do bonus attacks. I wonder if the leader bonus from Sidious might prove more effective in Arena and GW. What do you guys think?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Those that were talking about buying packs, what packs do you buy with your crystals? Do you wait to have enough for multiple packs or just buy a single pack once you have enough. If I do, I plan to wait until I can have enough left over for some stamina refills. I still think that 50 crystal stamina refill once or twice per day is super important. But it would feel nice to get a good character boost.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Well okay, back to using them on energy. I honestly prefer it anyway as I love playing this game. Today's challenge rewards ability mats. Such a good challenge today. That feeling you get when you just got to upgrade the attacks of FOTP, Geonosian Soldier, Phasma and Sidious and then go into GW or Arena and absolutely wreck.

Oh, be careful, I've noticed some dirty tactics in Arena. I've heard it talked here that it's a good idea to go after the Arena teams led by Chewbacca because he's a poo poo leader and it kind of makes you think the rest of his team sucks. But you can't see the full enemy team before fighting them, and they're playing that. I've seen a Chewbacca team and selected him, only to face a team of Dooku, Sidious, Luminara, FOTP with that Chewbacca. Dirty, dirty. Also be careful of any team that's lower power than most once you get really high. I'm rank #1003 and I basically pick fights on the higher power teams because it's less likely to be one of those power teams with insta-kill shots.

I've also noticed that if a team has a unusual team leader, some character that you just don't see players use often, be careful. I've seen the non-chewbacca/sidious/phasma leaders and it basically means the person has either farmed literally every power character or they paid money to get them. They have the most deadly teams.

I'm player level 56 now. So close to cap, just 14 more levels. It feels really good when the reset hits and you start completing the daily challenges and turn them all in at once.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Sjonkel posted:

How many crystals do you (roughly) get if you do all the daily goals and finish up GW?

At least 60, which means you can refill your energy once a day and still be making gains. You get crystals from completing some daily goals, for completing all daily goals and also for your rank in Arena through the mail.

Edit: HOLY HELL I'm rank #840 in arena how am I doing this?!

Ularg fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Jan 20, 2016

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Any recommendations on what to get with GW shipments? I just got Captain Phasma to rank 5/7. I feel like Luminara would be a better choice, as it's 50 tokens for Luminara and 85 to upgrade Phasma.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Metos posted:

Always prioritise Lumi over Phasma as her healing and damage scaling higher is irreplaceable, Phasma spends turns doing buffs/debuffs that while great aren't as important as one big numbers punch that takes someone out and can completely turn the tide of the battle.

GW shipments is basically 'everything goes to lumi, when you're done catch Phasma up' at this stage. We'll see how it is when new characters come out.

My GW and Arena squad currently uses Talia for the turn meter gain heal. But I cannot imagine how unstoppable my high-burst damage team will be when I can just heal them all to full.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

rabidsquid posted:

What's it like to not have half your squad heal blocked all the time

I don't get it, I really never have more than one dude heal blocked.

But I can explain my experience in Galaxy of Heroes in three words:

- Dodged
- Deflected
- Resisted

Galactic War has turned to poo poo since I hit 57. Every single match from the BEGINNING OF THE BOARD has been bullshit combos like sidious, dooku, kylo.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I just wish the developers made sure your team always went first. There is nothing fun about the enemy AI going first. It just shouldnt be balanced that way. Even if they give the AI an advantage the other way, just let us go first. It's the AI, they don't need to have fun playing GoH. But I hate going into a match and Sidious does his AOE on my team and dooku lightning stuns my healer.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I don't know what I'm supposed to do with the 60+ teams when I'm not even 60.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Honestly I've made it to rank #800 in the Arena and I only ever really use one energy refill for the regular missions to farm more gear or characters. I really should start getting the cantina refill because I'm trying to farm up Geonosian soldier.

• Locked thread