Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
This game has absorbed my life lately.

Ally code is 844-163-665

Word to the wise, I got Phasma up to 4-star and her as leader with the First Order TIE Pilot and Stormtrooper, then a healer of some sort (Talia or the Consular) and a tank (Stormtrooper Han or Chewie) and they get me through like 75% of the Galactic War before I have to bring out my big guns. She's a great leader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Greedo is garbage. Dooku is still a loving beast.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Well yeah, you kill him early because you know what kind of damage he can do if you ignore him. ;)

I guess I'm still in a position where he's useful. I'm 52 but my primary team is 47-50. I spread myself a little thin by trying too many folks and levelling some C listers to help when I used to get short on fodder for Galactic War, but that isn't happening much these days. All that said, I don't see myself benching him any time soon. The AI doesn't handle him nearly as well as a player would.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Yeah you're way further than I am.. Maybe you're right, but for now, he's still part of my A-team.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Most folks would probably be running it anyway. 10 shards out of 80 is a little weak though..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

The bugs in the game can be loving infuriating sometimes. I just lost a really tight Arena match because my game decided to change targets on me for some loving reason. My last 3 attacks all went against a Sidious, then it randomly changed my target between characters to some loving Jawa. So being in a rhythm, I took a swing at him instead, so my Sidious killshot was healed to full by a healer. Then Sidious got off his AE and it was all downhill from there..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Is that Boba Fett for Rey shards thing live? I don't see it. I just got a notification for it on my phone, too.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

commish posted:

I don't know how you can see a system that works, copy it, make it worse on purpose, then release it.

If they're perfect from the beginning we can't praise them for improving. Right now there's nowhere to go but up. :)

Edit: Just got my Consular to 4-star, got an Ewok Elder this morning on my Bronzium card.. Already have a 4-star Talia, plus 4-star Old Daka. To top it all off, I'll have Luminara at 5-stars by this time tomorrow! Almost done with my "gently caress you" run-out-the-clock Healer Squad for PVP. It's probably going to suck, but I'm going to try it anyway.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Dec 23, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Deep Winter posted:

Id is 944393464

Does light side have any dudes that can carry me as hard as friendly Sidious' are?

Luminara is one of the best healers in the game (arguably even the best) but also has a great leader ability and a devastating Force Push style direct damage thing. I should still have friend space if you want to find my code, she's my main.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Levantine posted:

do you still run Consular even with Luminara?

Naa, only for like Galactic War when my reserves are running low. I keep him leveled just in case, but I haven't had a need to pull him out lately.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Tagichatn posted:

There's no hard and fast rule but two healers, one tank and two damage dealers is a good mix for a single party. It's gets murkier because light side and dark side are segregated in PvE but can mix together in cantina and PvP. Dark side only has two healers and one of them is lovely (Talia) although Old Daka can be farmed from cantina shipments.

Don't sell Talia short, she acts really well as an attacker too, and her heal can be really clutch sometimes. I got lucky with a pull early on and got her to 4-star, she's one of my highest level people and in my PVP group.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

So I just unlocked HK-47 because I miss KOTOR, and unbeknownst to me, that was all I needed for an achievement to put me over the edge for Darth Vader as well. So.. who do I focus up first? I split all my saved up training dealies and got Vader to like 45 and HK to 37 and was able to gear them to level III on both, but I don't have any level 1 attack upgrade things to get their powers to be worth a drat.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I hope I didn't pass some sort of Galactic War threshold. I've aced it every day for a week or so now. Today I hit a brick wall about 4 fights from the end. Absolute "gently caress you" team with purple Phasma, purple Dooku, purple Counselor, then a 5-star Stormtrooper Han and Old Daka. They ripped apart my A-team.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Zotix posted:

Did you use a combination of retreating, reloading, and low level squads to eat abilities?

Yeah, with the opposition getting the green light on things first, they basically wipe everyone out immediately. I eventually burned through them but it cost me everything. I can go no further. :(

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Anyone else have Asajj Ventress and think her turn timer is really really slow compared to everyone else? I have her reasonably high level and with purple tier gear but everyone else takes 2 turns before she gets 1. Just want to confirm I'm not crazy.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

gently caress me, I put a lot into her, too. Maybe I should have researched. Oh well, shelving her until she gets patched I guess.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

commish posted:

Sometimes I feel like the meta in this game is like a giant 2000 foot long tanker. In the tanker you have to plan your turns so far ahead because it turns so slowly. Here it takes forever to get new characters, so you have to plan so far ahead. I'm working on an AOE team of Poe/Kylo/IG88/Sid/Darth (or maybe lumi for heal) but it's going to take months for them to reach 7 stars. And who knows, that team might suck, everyone might be running the perfect counter to that team, but I have to spend so much time regardless.

The people you have to farm like that, yeah, it's going to take loving ages. People you get from Arena/GW/Cantina points are much better, and I hope they'll start to change them up on a weekly basis or something. Feasibly, if you're following the 6-hour refresh times and aceing GW every day, you can get like 15 pieces of someone per day.

Edit: Did anyone else know Asajj has a 5th ability? You have to scroll down. I never noticed it because there are no visible scroll bars until you actually start scrolling.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Dec 30, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Good loving lord.. Hit a team of all Resistance dudes (Poe, Finn, Resistance Trooper, Resistance Pilot) plus Old Daka and they absolutely obliterated me. Their crit rating is absolutely bullshit. I was using my A-team and every single one of their dudes who attacked one-shot one of my party members before I could even take a turn. Absolute bullshit and it needs to get fixed ASAP, because that's just insanity.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Zotix posted:

I'l be getting 6* Phasma tomorrow, and 7* Sidious. Then who knows what I'll do with arena points. I'm leaning towards hoarding them for now.

Eeth Koth is a deceptively good team member. He fucks up droids and has a good crit rate even at lower star levels.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Is that $5 for a daily crystal payout thing gone? I'm pretty sure mine ran out and I didn't see anywhere to reactivate it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

It may be scaling to your player level and not your character level. I'm maxed at 60 but my A-team characters are all still mid to late 50's.. partially due to me wasting a lot of training items on B and C teams when I was struggling more at GW.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Man, getting rid of the daily gems is really loving painful for my rotation. I felt like a $5 weekly donation to the game as long as I played was pretty generous already, but it feels like they wanted to really reel you in before slapping you down again.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I just got Poe. Is he worth using at all, even for a GW B-team? I've heard good things, but I already have Lumi, Phasma, Dooku, etc..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm 2 shards away from Kylo Ren. Someone talk me down from spending cash to get enough crystals to refill my Cantina points. :ohdear:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Wow, got 25 Dooku shards on a Bronzium pull first thing this morning. I only needed 10 more to get him to 4-star, so this was a welcome surprise. Now to grind out the purples I need to fill his last equipment slot.. Ugh.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Christ, I've had some luck today.. just pulled a full Plo Koon from Bronzium, is he worth putting some TLC into, even to get him into a B- or C- level GW team?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Mooktastical posted:

Plo Koon is a dumpster fire. If you need a 5th slot for the tank challenge, level him up to about 45/gear level 4 and leave him there. Don't farm his shards.

That's about where he is now just using stuff I had sitting around. Good enough for me! I'm already having trouble with team-building, didn't need a new wrench thrown in the system anyway.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Got Sidious finally. Not only is this motherfucker one of the most powerful units in the game, he's also insanely easy to gear up? I think I hate him.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Went to bed feeling accomplished that I broke the top 300 on my server for the first time, woke up in the mid 600's.. Goddammit.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

vandiar posted:

I run Luke as my leader in Arena and have been able to stay in the top 20's, dipping maybe into the 30's. I attribute this to my bracket being a newer one (nobody is level 60 yet) and people being afraid of challenging leader Luke when I'm surrounded by a sea of Sids and Phasmas.

I've got a 6-star Luminara. Looking at the rankings though, it looks like she's not en vogue anymore. Maybe I should put my 5-star Phasma up front. She'll be 6 before the end of the week anyway.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Mooktastical posted:

Just came here to post that. I was definitely able to retreat and have it save in an earlier battle, though. Dafuq?

I was able to retreat as well. Maybe it only "saves" when someone on your team is dead? I was just retreating to reset a Chewbacca taunt. Either way, though.. it does make it a bit more interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Evil Canadian posted:

Is there any particular thing that determines what character your friends can give you, or is it just random?

Pretty sure it's their Arena leader.

• Locked thread