Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

This is pretty neat so far. Hopefully I can stay strong and not sink any money into it.

I'm starting to add allies, so here's my code: 596-154-623

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

commish posted:

Went up against a Poe for the first time in arena, and I got my rear end handed to me like I never have before. Makes me want to switch to Poe and leave Daka as her 4 star self.
Ha, I had almost the exact same encounter and manged to barely scrape by. Subsequent Poe encounters have me treating him as priority 1 and it's been totally fine.

I'm sure this will change once I've played for more than a few days, but he was the first real challenge so far.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Ularg posted:

The most frustrating part of the game right now is retaliation and double attacks. Geonosians get like three attacks per character because of it. I've had half my team wipped out because a boss retaliated and then got bonus hits off the retaliation, then again off the bonus hits.
I haven't been playing long enough to hit the retaliation roadblock, but drat those Geonosians.

Second most frustrating thing is when a crew of five stormtroopers all use their AOE to begin a fight; that typically takes down my healer and another offense-heavy character.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Metos posted:

Yeah there's a mission that's the end of light side 4 I think where it's 5 recon Stormtroopers who immediately all throw their grenades, if you survive that with more than 3 party members alive good job, because once you whittle down the troopers with your tanks you reach stage 2, which is 6 recon troopers who immediately throw their grenades.

I just never went back, despite being 8 levels higher now then when I unlocked that mission.
I just hit that mission today and it's just as bad as you made it sound :(

Still having fun, though! Ended today's Arena in my group's top 100 for the first time. Getting close to Sidious.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Ok, that was the worst Arena fight ever. Luke and Luminara each revived twice, and Daka was pulling off two-character stuns with nearly every attack. Icing on the cake was when I thought I got everything under control and she revived herself, leading to time running out.

I can't wait until I'm pulling that poo poo off myself.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I'm putting the pedal to the metal for Ackbar right now and not looking back. I got spanked by some stupid 5+ debuff/DOT per character Arena team headed by Vader a few days back in the #100 rank range and all I want is a rematch.

Curious to see what I can put together around that kind of support.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Hell yeah, just kicked the crap out of a Sid/Poe/Luke/Kylo/Lumi team with Phas/Sid/Daka/Talia/Chewie. Only lost Talia in the end, but it really could've gone either way with a couple different rolls of the dice.

Focused on Poe from the start, but I still needed a couple rounds to knock him down. Luke was an easier kill, and Daka started landing a few stuns at that point. Sid's dodges were almost a bit too much, and Lumi got Talia to gently caress off, but Kylo wasn't getting the job done for him since Daka had an answer for everything he did. Chewie was a lifesaver with his taunt whenever things got a bit too hot.

It was arguably the most engaging Arena matchup yet.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I'm in hell just trying to keep a top 100 Arena spot. I went up against two different teams in a row with the exact same roster: Sid/Poe/Geo/Daka/Phas and got totally rocked each time. One team had Sid leading, the other had Phas, but it hardly made a difference in the end.

First battle, Poe got revived THREE times and was too much of a pain in the rear end to even attempt to burn down the decked-out Daka.

Second fight, 4/5 of the opponent's team went before a single member of my team and burned down my Daka before the fight even began. Poe then exposed 3/4 of my remaining team, and you can probably guess how it all turned out. What a shitshow.

edit: I'm running Phas/Daka/Talia/Luke/Sid. Gotta get myself a Geo.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Harpooning whales in the Arena still feels good.

Just went up against a decked-out Obiwan, Rey, FOTF, Lumi, and Leia and eeked out a victory. My Daka came through huge: she stunned FOTF and got him off the board before he could take a shot and later she revived Luke twice. Hell, even Talia showed surprising resistance against Rey's beatdowns.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

commish posted:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/10013/february-release-notes

Notes are up

Edit: First even is Jedi-only and rewards a unique character.
What the gently caress.

edit: is this to further milk the people that bought the heroine pack?

edit2: I guess the other similarly-priced jedi bundle counts, too.

edit3: ok, it's not further milking, it's just a greater incentive to milk new players for $40-$50

Grey Fox fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Feb 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Introducing quest character L'No Vo, a scoundrel whose appetite for laptops can never be satiated!

• Locked thread