Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hughlander
May 11, 2005

I missed the Dooku bundle and was farming shards for him but at 2 slots * 3 missions * 12 energy I'm afraid by the time he unlocks I'll be high enough that I'd rather have th and energy for purple gear. With the force awakens heroes is he still worth farming for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Harlock posted:

I don't know how allies work but I put Kylo in my leader spot if anyone wants to try him out.

842-793-256

Nope. I see Chewie. However realized never posted mine. 913-937-512 low 40s with phasma leader. ATM I'm still ahead of the gear curve havin main team with Gear V and just need to level up for gear VI. Still need more dark side heroes to do missions. Old daka is coming so slow. But Sid should be unlocked by the weekend.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Zotix posted:

I spent some money on crystals. Won't say that I'm F2P. Honestly the pulls are the worst way to spend crystals. Use them on energy so you can collect guaranteed characters. The game has been soft launched for a while now. There are quite a few PvP ladders going on with crazy high leveled characters that you won't see because of your start date.

Guaranteed my rear end. Go hit 12x hard modes and get no shards and say it's guaranteed.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Tagichatn posted:

Hard mode is the worst way to farm shards. In terms of shards per day, it's probably Galactic War > PvP arena shipments > Cantina/shipments > hard mode.

Yes but we were talking about using gems on energy which I believe precludes GW, and for the most part pvp energy. Cantina can be just as lovely as hard mode when you only need one or two shards left.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Zotix posted:

There's a thread on reddit about the dodges right now. Most people think they are too high. Also, I'm very surprised they did nothing for Xmas. No sales, no events, no indication anything special will happen tomorrow. Very disappointing.

Check your inbox / newsletter for the holiday community challenge.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Zotix posted:

I honestly don't think that counts. Yes it's an event, but its a loving poor one. Load up 7 Knights and look at their winter promotion. You could argue that's a ton of poo poo. But what we got from EA on this is very minimal effort. There are a ton of things they could do but it doesn't look like we will get anything other than a few shards for Rey. I'll type out some more later but im in the intermission for hateful eight and I don't want to type a lot more on my phone.

Yes but the game just hard launched. Figure 40% is on vacation from that. 40% on xmas vacation, then split what's left among the next feature, bug fixes, and THEN the live team for in game contests and it will be a minimal effort. How long has 7 knights been out that they've had time to polish their live team pipeline and deliver episodic content?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Rubicon posted:

Is the Heroine Starter Bundle worth it? I think I could use Barriss and it'd be three new characters.

edit: did some more research and have decided not to buy it.

Depends on your gently caress around cash. I think the force awakens pack is better since it has like $50 in gems alone. But Barriss is useful in GWA forever and just got me to top 20 arena. But since I'm unlocking Lum in an hour and Sid in Eight hours she's probably leaving my arena team.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Rubicon posted:

well, I decided to try a single pull and got Luminara. I just looked my shard total for her and I'm 2 away from 4 starring her. I'm pretty happy with that pull.

That's my plan to take a spin just before buying her last shard pack. Hope I have your luck!

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Zotix posted:

My recommendation is unless you go full whale don't even pull once. If you are saving crystals to do a pull you should be spending those crystals on stamina, not getting lucky. I've spent money on this game. I've had pulls where I get 4 characters, and I've had pulls where I get 1 and it's farmable. The worst thing that can happen is you get a cool character like Darth maul. He seems strong at first, but unless you whale more and get him past 4* at level 60 you'll never use him. The farmable characters at 6/7 power just bring so much more to the table.

Or worse. My 2* Leia.

Hughlander fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Dec 28, 2015

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

commish posted:

Yeah, that was my post on Reddit :p I've been doing that since launch. I thought everyone was. Lot of ppl on Reddit are mad at me for posting that though. Lot of hate mail. Whatever. It makes GW a lot easier. They can bite me if they think it's cheap.

More attention means more resources towards fixing it. People complaining were probably using it all along.

(that said I wish you had just posted it here as i didn't know about it and don't want it fixed now that I do)

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

The gods of sniping were with me

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

commish posted:

Yeah well I'm done posting there. I think most of the animosity was just as you say - I let their little secret out of the bag.

The good news is that I doubt very much that it'll ever get fixed. There's a bunch of games with this same "problem", and unless they introduce some type of fee for joining the fight (e.g., energy), closing the app and restarting the fight will always work. Honestly, all it does is make it easier to finish GW. Doesn't really give any advantage in arena or any other competitive mode, so they probably won't care much. We will see!

It's fixed in pvp though. You reconnect after the fight starts and it's a loss. All they need to do is make it that all your heroes are dead at the start of the fight and are only alive if you win...

That said I got my first win in GW thanks to you!

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

My ally code: 469-134-913

There is a painfully low amount of friends you can have... I invited everyone to some point in page 4... likely all of those are too high level to bother with my 41 Chewie.

Add me up, if you've still got room.

Yes. Unless I recognize the name, I trim my list by going, "Low 40s 3 star Chewie, remove". Basically at this point any Chewie is removed because you should know better!

EDIT: GW chat from last page. Another handy thing to do is blow someone up the. Retreat to clear Sids DOT and heal immunities. I usually look to see who I can kill before opposing team heals or taunts, and at the end added the retreat.

Hughlander fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Dec 29, 2015

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Argh! I sniped to 6 on arena with enough time for 10 mins and a challenge before it reset and when it did I was already in combat till after awards went out. Then I went and challenged #5 with my defense team to leave it over night and curb stomped him. I totally should have had 5 today. :(

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Levantine posted:

Yeah, I have gold to spare but I completely tapped out my drone stash when i unlocked Sidious. The weekly drone thing just doesn't provide enough :/

The shipment for training droids can be worthwhile.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Anyone with a high level Boba I can ally with 5k dark side is curb stomping me

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Zotix posted:

She is, but you can only get a max potential of 3 shards a day. You'll eventually need 300+.

3 shards then you can spend crystals to get 3 more opportunities. Not sure why no one thinks that when rushing to complete a character.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Zotix posted:

Easiest way to beat this challenge is Daka. Get Daka, auto battle. If you can't get Daka, kill both druids, bring healers.

This person speaks truth. Dakas attack stuns resetting his turn counter and counts as a status for increased damage.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Mile'ionaha posted:

Leia is a goddamn murder machine.

Is that even at two stars? I got her in a bronze and ignored her since I wasn't going to spend hundreds starring her up.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Mile'ionaha posted:

Who do folks grind up in Cantina? I unlocked Luke, now working on Talia to 5*

Chewie 4, JC 6 and now Kylo to 7 (currently 4)

I wasted some on Luke between Chewie and unlocking JC so may go back.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Mooktastical posted:

Also, Darth Vader is super underpowered, imo. For a guy you can't get until you've done a fuckton of random poo poo, you'd think he'd smash everything's face.
I think the problem is mor 4* vadar when most of the heavy hitters ar 6 and 7 star. I got destroyed today in arena with a lower ranked debuff team of vadar old Ben etc.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Kjermzs posted:

Wow, I hadn't realized that you can only buy one of the same item at the various currency locations. Know have like 3-4K of each currency. gently caress me.

Per 6 hours. The worse is GW which rewards 1200 on a win but you can burn down the currencies fairly fast even if you just want one thing from each.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

Android got Phasma instead of Poe

There's also enough shards in the p2w pack to get her at 3 stars

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

But nobody who isn't doing what you are is going to have that occur.

And if they do they'll have the millions banked from the lower amounts they spend every other day.

I mean I don't care if they do it, it just seems like a weird thing for them to mention.

It may be because your style of play is the minority. They give crystals for doing the daily for doing pvp, for achievements. The expectation is that you'll do at least a 50 refill it seems. Honestly you are the first I've heard of who doesn't do energy refills.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Watched my sister open back to back Bronzium of kit followed by darth maul. Meanwhile I get my first character from Bronzium, JC right after I spent 100 energy on hard mode shards getting him to 6* since my cantina energy is all kylo Ren shards. FML

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Rubicon posted:

Listen to this man. Luke does great damage and is fairly easy to rank up. Had an arena Luke one shot my Sidious as the opening attack. I just stared at my phone for a couple seconds.

It's not the same but I got a 4* kylo Ren with max skills doing 8k low health crits. I like to think of it as "I may be going down but I'm taking one of you fuckers with me". Bonus points for when he heals the next turn. (My team is Sid, Ren, Lum, Barriss, JC so lots of healing and heal prevention)

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Think I'm going to take tomorrow off from farming gear to do some hards. I think I can unlock Vadar and would like a dark side attacker.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Canemacar posted:

So is it generally worth it to pay crystals to reset the timers on stages? I've maxed out all my runs on all the characters I'm farming, so I've got nothing to do for the rest of the day. I'd really like to get some more shards, but the cost seems way too high.

It's a roulette and generally seems bad. I've done it before but think of it this way. Shipment is 50 crystal per shard. You could do 50 crystal reset plus 36 energy and get on average one. Maybe none.

That said if I'm really farming someone I do grab their shipment since it can the days off the time in the long run. and the point of crystals is a time advantage.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Mooktastical posted:

Agreed on all counts. Phasma+Daka+Sid + Luke/R Trooper/FO Pilot/Jawa + Lumi/Barriss seems to be the top tier until the pseudo xpac comes out later this month, maybe even longer.

I've been doing phasma daka Sid Ren Lum to great success. Currently 4th with 1-3 stupid thing like 7 star qui gon

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Dely Apple posted:

I'm at 57? or so and I can't keep more than a handful up to actual max level. There's just not enough training robots in the world. Or money, these guys want to go to a for-profit robot teaching university on no scholarship every time.

Then they want 20 of like five different purple items!

:sludgepal:

2468 1 star, 1336 two star, 16 three star training droids at L55. But only 7 maxed chars so maybe that's a handful. I'll level up some more tomorrow to unlock Vader.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Mooktastical posted:

You are doing great for not being 60 yet. Even though it makes me a hypocrite, I would say to not split GW shipments between Phasma and Lumi. Pick one or the other and just ignore the other until you've gotten your chosen one to 7*.

Counter point. Lum to 5 and then Phasma to 4 vastly increased utility and is only 2 days.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Mile'ionaha posted:

JC, Rey, Resistance Trooper, Jedi Guardian (gently caress that Tanks Only mission), and Dooku.

Will farm Daka when I find that mission.

Here's the key to tank only. Each hit on the droids resets the shatter timer

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Zotix posted:

Leia is actually 4*, I just don't have the credits to promote everyone. Cad is just hella squishy. I honestly think he's going to get either a speed or HP buff somewhat soon. I'm not sure what gear 7 does for him as you can see but his speed and health are abysmal.

Honest question, how much was that so far?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Zotix posted:

Like $250. Honestly not much. I've done worse. I'm sure the hearthstone, PAD, and brave Frontier guys have some super whales. I don't mind spending money on things I enjoy. I've put in 30 or so hours over the past month, probably more than that. I'm not going to quit any time soon so I figure it's worth investing in getting a decent team.

Just curious not judging. My problem is I picked a Leia at two stars but have no idea on average what it wou,d cost to get the cards to make her worthwhile. Like I see 7 star qui gon and think "Is that 500 or 5000?"

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Oh man. I failed the str gear challenge cuz I just auto it and target the droids as needed. Auto Vader saber tossed Tarkin taking all the debuffs and then Tarkin went and did the one shot AE. Funniest thing I've seen in game.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Levantine posted:

How do keycard battles work? I've never received a key.

They're just challenges you have to pay energy to use. Same as the normal training / mining droid ones. Get the keys once per X hours from the table below the challenge. And just GETTING the key satisfies the achievement so don't bother actually doing them.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Got Sid and Lum to 6 stars with the same shipment. Only reason I even had that much gold was coming in 2nd in the arena. Think I'll take the four days to hit phasma 5 just to raise the arena defense a bit. Tired of clawing my way back from the high twenties each morning.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Thing is, it isn't the whales at all in a game like goh. It's spot on the charts puts it at combined around 2-3 million dollars a day. $10k from an individual is a rounding error. What paid for the game was Dooku. It's if you can get 5% of the DAU to convert, instead of 2%. It honestly wouldn't surprise me that the moment the game was in the black is when they removed him from the bundle.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Fought my first FO team as the last team in a GW. Phasma lead, officer, storm trooper, Chewie, JC. It could have been tough if Chewie was Kylo and JC was Lum. Something to think about in a few months when at the level cap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Mile'ionaha posted:

This is also lifechanging. My general GW progression (for the last few fights) is now this:

1) Send in B-Team until tanks taunt.
2) Retreat, send in A-team to murder DPS.
3) Bring in healers to heal up team/refresh cooldowns.

What you mean is send in A Team to execute Sideous. When tank taunts retreat to clear Sids DoT and heal immunity. Continue to execute attackers.

• Locked thread