Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

I just started and am trying to figure out what guys I'm supposed to go for, what # of what roles do you need in your standard party?

I read that two healers is useful, did they mean in the same party? How many tanks do I need to have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Level 46 and need some allies: 721 - 396 - 715

Game is fun.

Wondering if I should go for Poe or Fives after Old Daka, thoughts?

Currently I'm running Sid, Fives, Luke, Lumi and JC.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Munkaboo posted:

How do people have so many dudes in the mid 40's? I'm level 43 and I only have Luke on top of the normal guys I got. Luck in the bronzium?

Yeah I bought Greedo's pack and then didn't know what I was doing for 30 levels and bought a big pack when I saved up enough, which got me Sid and Fives, which is very very lucky

Buoyed, I spent $20 after playing a couple weeks and got Biggs, and something for someone lovely I had like Hoth mans or something

Learn from my mistake and never buy packs, I haven't spent any since and just buy some energy when I can /shrug

I also didn't do Cantina for like 40 levels though and am woefully behind in Arena due to low player level in relation to when I started but thems the breaks

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

drgnwr1 posted:

I just started playing this yesterday and am level 23. Ally code: 362-949-592.

Is it more worth it to save up my crystals to buy the Chromium Mega-Pack, since I only really have the starting guys right now, energy refills, more arena battles, or certain shipment items (training droids or specific data cards)?

no

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

$10.99 / 21 days

100 crystals / day

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

owl_pellet posted:

I have two questions:

1. Can I rename my account?

Hi Mol, yes, apparently it's pretty quick if you just contact customer support.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Cleaning out my friends list; untouched since I capped out and many are inactive.

I have been playing quite awhile and have many mighty heroes, if you need heroes to borrow you can add me: 721-396-715

If you are 70+ and try to add me without a PM I'll probably assume you're from Arena and reject, fyi

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Syrinxx posted:

It would seem that Sidious can't land a loving thing now, was this an intentional nerf? Slotting him out in pvp for now I guess

AFAIK no changes mentioned in dev updates/notes

Sid could never land poo poo due to garbage (maybe 0?) potency, and it only becomes more obvious as your heroes scale with level/gear/stars

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Jenny Angel posted:

I don't think a single attempt to cheese GW by doing something special with your arena team has ever been shown to reliably work, so it's probably not worth it to maintain

Spakstik posted:

This is very disappointing news.

I'm level 75 do this and it absolutely works. I keep highest arena power won with purposely depressed because I hate it when GW takes forever.

I rank in the 20's instead of top 10 as a result, but in trade I have auto'd through GW for like months, it loving rules and is the best quality of life decision I ever made

My GW literally gets easier every day instead of harder as my GW squads continue to outpace my arena squad

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Malgrin posted:

So, you can't ever make GW easier than it is right now by weakening your arena team. However, if your GW team gets more powerful, while your arena power stays the same, GW will get easier by comparison.

Yes, all we know is one part of the equation is the highest team you have ever won an arena match with, per the CG posts.

Previously, emphasis was on "one part of the equation" but my months of experience have bourne out that it is a significant part of the equation.

For example, I fought the classic whale teams for months; ever since I stalled out my arena power, I stopped seeing them.

Why? Because it draws from a pool of candidates within a given power (someone actually mapped it out and it was rough 90% of your total) and if you're significantly depressed from the current "cap" where the whales are racing you will get subpar teams, because that's who's rocking those power ratings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Spakstik posted:

I wish I'd read this before reading someone else's post here and deciding to plow ahead in arena with my non-sandbagging team. Yesterday was the first time in, I dunno, two months maybe where I wasn't able to complete GW, and now I'm getting caught up less than halfway through the nodes. I don't have enough credits/droids/stars to field a reliable 2nd team (and I'll be damned if I spend money on this game), so any time I lose a character I have to restart, and I'm quickly losing my patience with trying to figure out the one key combo that gets me through without someone dying.

Is everyone sure it's not the highest team you LAST won with vs. highest ever?

It's highest ever, per the dev post, though their community liasons have been known to be misinformed.

It is unfortunate that full clearing GW is one of the few must-do's as it represents the vast majority of your daily credit income

However, luckily for you, even with high arena power, GW can still be trivialized! The keys to doing so are, in this order, assuming fully complete characters:

- Barriss Offee
- JC
- Lumi

It is difficult to explain how much of game breaker Offee is; most people think she's used to heal around heal block but that's not the case at all, I go days without using her heal.

It's because the sheer amount of passive sustain heal she brings with her basic HP up and per-character HP up at start of turn, which only got better as fights slowed down, my healers are able to heal 2-4 times every fight and still end fights with 0 cd

• Locked thread