Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moosepickle
Nov 29, 2015

I was cured, all right!
Does anyone else ever have this happen?

You're in a store buying some nuts, and some random rear end in a top hat comes up to you and asks where the baby food is.

This happens to me all the god drat time in every permutation you can think of. I'll be in the toy store looking for something on my kids wishlist, and someone will ask where the poo poo on their kids wishlist is.

Or I'll be in a office supply store, looking at some paper and someone asks me where the packing tape is.

Or I'll be in a technology store and someone wants to know where whatever poo poo they are selling in the flyer is.

Or in the goddamn airport. Someone will ask me how to get to the check-in counter or public transit.

All the loving time. And I am royally hosed if I happened to wear the same colour shirt as the employees in the store. I just have to leave and come back later.

I used to laugh and say something like; "I think it's in the aisle with X".

And it's always worse around the holidays. I almost can't go out in public without getting stopped in a store. Do most people stumble around like someone gave them a lobotomy? Or do I just look like I know what I am doing most of the time?

In recent years I have perfected my "Were you saying words" look, and tell them I don't work there.

But today some lady looked at me like I was lying to her, and followed up with "Oh you don't work here?". Yeah... I kinda literally just said those words.

~fin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
You know, some people are born meant for a certain vocation. I think those people you speak of are just very perceptive.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Stop wearing red to target and blue to Walmart you dingus

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
no dude stop looking like a pedo bc I heard that's pedo code you sick gently caress

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
maybe they are ghosts

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

i wear impeccably tailored suits everywhere i go and people only ask me for financial/legal advice and sometimes if i would consider marrying their daughters

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Maybe if you wore a suit more often you will accidentally get hired as CEO of a fortune 500 company

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
thanks for the post fin ;)

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010
Or you could get facial tattoos so that no one will speak to you.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
sometimes people ask me to stop pushing them to the ground but i just laugh and say "no, thanks" and then i put my cigarette out on their face

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

Poetic Justice posted:

Maybe if you wore a suit more often you will accidentally get hired as CEO of a fortune 500 company

this happened to me and i accidentally green lit the xbox 1 witht he wrong kind of ram. whoops lol

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

Poetic Justice posted:

this happened to me and i accidentally green lit the xbox 1 witht he wrong kind of ram. whoops lol

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Moridin920 posted:

no dude stop looking like a pedo bc I heard that's pedo code you sick gently caress

Dude congrats! You finally made a funny post. I've been waiting for a long time for this. Good job :)

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

jerry you are phasing out of sync! walk towards the light!!

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

dad gay. so what posted:

jerry you are phasing out of sync! walk towards the light!!

i forgot to put on deodorant this morning :(

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
part of jerry mumphrey got left on the old server and part is in the cloud. can someone call a mod please???

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

This happens all the time to me and then they see my slung 416 assault rifle and stained gadsden flag t-shirt

america

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

i forgot to put on deodorant this morning :(

which one are you?

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

dad gay. so what posted:

part of jerry mumphrey got left on the old server and part is in the cloud. can someone call a mod please???

i can see in 4 dimensions and it is beautiful and excruciating at the same time. is this a known issue?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

i can see in 4 dimensions and it is beautiful and excruciating at the same time. is this a known issue?

i didnt notice until i saw you double post and i checked the server logs and noticed the posts were from 2 seperate servers

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
This happens to me frequently in Target because I used to go in there to buy lunch at their deli in my work uniform.

Which was a red button up and had the name of my shop on a big patch right on the front and on the sleeve. Yet, "Hi, do you work here?" all the time.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

dad gay. so what posted:

which one are you?

i don't know. all i know is one of me likes the nutritious fiber of mini wheats and one likes the sweet frosted side :(

plz help

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
MODS!!

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

MODS!!

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

MODS!!

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

ChrisHansen posted:

unless you want to steal stuff

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

ChrisHansen posted:

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

CLOOOUUUUUD!

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

hey jerry, if you can hear me - are you the only one on the old server? are there others? what does it look like?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Hey OP, how do I get a gang tag? Can you get me a gang tag?

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
The forums are dyin!

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
The clouds dyin, Planet!

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
im in my underpants

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
:chloe:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
i was wearing a purple and black hoodie in CVS, and some lady came up to me asking where the shampoo was :confused:

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i can hear people going to work and im drunk already

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

dad gay. so what posted:

hey jerry, if you can hear me - are you the only one on the old server? are there others? what does it look like?

it's terrible here but i am not alone. there are....i want to say ghosts, here. they look like ratty old terminators without the skin and they are constantly wailing. when they do respond to me they only speak in outdated memes

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i'm constantly telling customers i don't work there! jokes on them though i actually do work there LMAO

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

dad gay. so what posted:

i am in the cloud. it is beautiful and pristine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
No because I don't wear khakis, a belt, and a tucked in solid-color polo shirt.

• Locked thread